SS RU Raikou Semi Stall (#1 on ladder)

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
Wanted to do at least one rmt before the end of the generation. I had built this team a few months ago but never used it bc its stall but I did really like the idea. It did prty well on ladder, I only lost a handful of games starting at like 1350, grind wasn't long either bc ladder has been surprisingly active for end of gen. Paste in spirtes

#1 ladder.jpeg

:ss/reuniclus::ss/quagsire::ss/raikou::ss/crobat::ss/umbreon::ss/registeel:

The simple idea of the team is to chip down everyone and clean w/ kou and I think it does that quite well. I currently believe all ssru stalls need some kind of bulky set up. There are so many good pokemon to choose from and it forces your opponent to play more aggressive. I chose Raikou at the time because it was establishing itself as a great end game cleaner and it also helps stall with its weakest mu against togekiss.

:reuniclus:
Reuniclus @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Recover
Hmm what do ppl call this set? Virgin Reun? European Reun? Regardless this set is broken in the current meta but the meta will adapt so its not going anywhere :). Knock Tox is really difficult to switch in to without your own magic guard user so easy progress is prty much always made whenever this thing gets in. It also absorbs status and beats all of those stallbreaking trapping vileplume sets. I have night shade over toxic to pressure umbreon who often finds success against stall and other darks that also do well in fairy-less mus. Psychic could maybe be run over it to help with luca and further improve plume mu.
:quagsire:
Quagsire @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
Nothing really special here but I need the 3 lines : /. Quag's Unaware ability allows stall to play as passive as it desires to be, not that this team has the most passive stall mons like cuno, shed, geezing. Rocky Helmet is run over boots and lefties to get chip and punish volturns. The additional chip is also generally useful for 1v1-ing lucarios, heras, and other strong breakers. This team tends to rely on quag a lot as a phys wall. It is also the team's only fire resist.
:raikou:
Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Scald
Raikou is the main star of the show and more or less is the primary wincon. Over the last few months starting in RUWC, kou has established itself as one of the most dangerous cleaners of the metagame due to its high speed, good bulk, and solid power and coverage. Using the other members of the team to force the opponent to wear their pokemon down allows kou to be so successful. Thunderbolt + scald are used as the two attacking options instead of the more popular bolt + shadow ball to hit rockers better and overall get more 2x attacks to make cleaning easier. Protect is the last move which is very very useful for getting extra lefties and scouting choice locks (like scarf flygon which is very huge). It also works well with pressure being able to kill 2/8pp from maybe a cc from scarf hera.
:umbreon:
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
bt's favorite pokemon umbreon makes an appearance and it does umbreon things, again like quag I don't hv much to say. A few people suggested I run phys def umbreon which is probably fine but I like the special wall more. I have lefties over boots to help take some of the stronger hits like scarf garde moonblast and toxt boomburst, not that u wanna rely on umb to beat those but regi can be easy to wear down. I kept tect over moonlight for scouting against choice locks and stalling weather turns.
:crobat:
Crobat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Defog
Crobat takes the slot as the main fighting resist over some of the other birds due to its speed tier and how easy it is to run defog and beat common spikers like rose and pod. It's immunity to Toxic is also huge especially in the kind of role I want of it. I have super fang here over other support moves like tox, taunt, and haze for a few different reasons. Firstly since crobat is my only mean of hazard removal and it helps beat common rockers like registeel and steelix and secondly it chunks the pokemon that beat raikou.
:registeel:
Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
Regi is rocker and is another special wall to complement umbreon. Typical moveset being run, choose protect over heavy slam b/c raikou bets kiss well enough and quag and bat do good for mmq. Protect is so valuable on this team bc it completely shuts down choice pokemon, and this team does not have the fantastic bulk of typical stalls to take hits from a CB lurk or a CB Panda. Regi is notably the only normal resist of the team so it is responsible for porygons and boombursts.

This team has a few tough mus and ill briefly discuss each individually.
:politoed:
this team does not have a water resist, but that isn't the main reason to why the rain mu is bad... Mainly its seismitoad that is an issue. My best advice is to trade reun or umb with toad and spam protect. Any chip on politoed goes a long way as well as without the power from the rain, the mu is very easy.
:charizard:
yep
:pangoro:
No fairy type leaves this team quite weak to Pangoro but the mu isn't impossible or anything. CB can be scouted by the tect users and non choice sets are easy for crobat and quag to check (be careful for coba berry w/ bat).
:crobat:
NP sets can give this team trouble tho if its 2 atks quag walls it and if no roost regi probably trades with it. I suppose raikou could also be used in tandum with umbreon to keep it healthy to beat bat but I never played it that way for whatever reason.
:regidrago:
no fairy does that, regi and pray

first rmt of mine, hope to do more in gen 9, any feedback is appriciated

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)