Question about Hidden Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm trying to put Hidden Power Grass on one of my Pokemon but it isn't working. I have the attack Hidden Power on the Pokemon and on the stats page I have Grass selected for the Hidden Power slot. What am I doing wrong?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Can you define "not working"? Is it a legendary Pokemon? If so, there are certain IV spreads that are illegal with certain Hidden Powers. If you can give us a bit more information we might be able to help!

I was trying to get Jolteon Hidden Power Grass. I gave it the attack Hidden Power and then set the Hidden Power to grass in the stats window. However when I go into battle the Pokemon will have Hidden Power Normal, not Hidden Power Grass.

When you actually use the move in battle, it will work as a grass-type move. Hidden Power itself is always normal; it merely takes on the effect of the type you select once you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)