Quaquaval is in theory one of the best starters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear me out okay, the design kinda lacks, but it makes up for it with a great set of moves via level up and TM

the set I’ve considered is

Quaquaval @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Work up/Bulk up
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

the reason I like this set the most from what I’ve considered is you can sweep through most teams solo, and it outputs massive damage with Tera water. I prefer liechi over choice band since it gives more room esp. with moxie. The Tera water isn’t required, since Tera bug or dark are also viable, Tera bug being better getting rid of those pesky physic and grass types with ease. The only problem comes with having u-turn if you get a ko you lose the moxie boost. You could breed for detect and use that over u-turn, though you lose two viable Tera types. I’m interested to see how this set might do. I really don’t have a full team for this yet as I don’t even own S/V right now, but as I find more mons, I’ll develop a full team around quaquaval. Another quick idea is run Lum berry with a bulky swagger Pokemon click aqua step with quaquaval the first turn have ally use swagger on you and then lum activates you’ll get the a-step speed boost and then can kinda just ruin teams, but if you run the lum set, drop u-turn for acrobatics since it doubles in base power when you use your held item.

and of course as always feel free to make comments/changes, though please be nice I’m not really a vgc player and am just trying to break into the scene so advice is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)