Tournament PUWC II - Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Good Afternoon everyone,

Tournament will be hosted by tlenit & Greybaum

This is the thread to sign up for PU World Cup captaincy. This is going up same time to player sign-ups so that hosts can have some idea of what teams will be competing this year. If you want to lead a team this year you must post here.

Asia+Oceania+Africa
Canada
Europe
France
United Kingdom
Italy
US South
US West
US Midwest
US Northeast
South America
India
Germany

1635956638036.png

Note: Format and teams are not locked and can change. We are looking forward to expand number of teams from last year! Please bring your thought about format up here!

Please note that we will not be accepting alternative versions of teams (such as Europe #2) or expanded/multi-country teams (such as Italy + Portugal). Only exception is Asia+Oceania+Africa region - unless they can manage to get team together on their own. The tier format will be 8 tiers (4x SS, SM, ORAS, BW and DPP).

Also, please only post here if you are applying for captaincy. Feedback will be taken into account while polishing the format here.

This will be moderated and memes/nonsense will be deleted and possibly infracted. If you have any legitimate questions or concerns then feel free to PM us and we will address them.

In case you're not sure which team you're allowed to represent, please contact me.

An Important Note For Captains And Players

In order to move things forward as swiftly as possible, signups for players will close on Nov 18th midnight EST time, with games to begin on 22nd of November. Captains must be signed up by Sunday, Nov 14nd at midnight latest. Captains will be announced 15th.

I will host this tournament and if you are interested in CO-Hosting, feel free to hit me up via DMs!

The current tiers are: SS, SM, ORAS, BW, DPP
(4+1+1+1+1)
Format to sign as captain:
Captains name:
Team to take over:
Possible CO-Captain:
Tell us why you should be picked:

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Captains name: Bag of Trixx
Team to take over: Midwest
Possibly CO-Captain: avarice
Tell us why you should be picked: lead last yr where we made finals. i made finals managing in uufpl, currently managing NDPL where we're #1 on the sheet and organized indepedents for roa olympics where we've been doing well overall. I've been pretty active in pu between helping obii in last yr snake, drafted this yr w tj for scl, and copious C&C work, and ofc trixx has been in pu awhile now too.

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Captains name: Roxiee
Team to take over: Us South
Possibly CO-Captain: tbd / ManOfMany if he’s down again
Tell us why you should be picked: Managed last year and managed the recent NUPL. I’ve been playing BW and Oras mainly and builded Bw strictly in PUPL. (3-0)

edit: he's down :3

Last edited:

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Captains name: TJ
Team to take over: US West
Possibly CO-Captain: TBD
Tell us why you should be picked: Active member of the community, have tournament experience, and shadow managed the team last year. I also shadow managed the Huntails this year where we made Finals tiebreak, and won PUPL as a manager/player the year before. I plan to take the tour seriously as always and win.

Vulpix03

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RUPL Champion
Captains name: Vulpix03
Team to take over: US NE
Possible CO-Captain: TBD
Tell us why you should be picked: I have lots of experience managing team tours on the forums and I have lots of tournament experience as a player. Will take this tour seriously as I always do, and lead NE to the trophy.

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
Captains name: Drud
Team to take over: Europe
Possible CO-Captain: termi
Tell us why you should be picked: termi has won 2 pupls while managing and also managed europe last year, i've managed a pupl team to playoffs as well as playing on europe last year

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Captains name: gum
Team to take over: canada
Possible CO-Captain: Juno (honestly)
Tell us why you should be picked: i've been around pu for a while now, and i captained canada + us east last year & we ended up winning the tour. also managed for pupl

Squash

UTA Overlord
Captains name: me
Team to take over: France
Possible CO-Captain: Lambovino
Tell us why you should be picked: lambo and I have been known on the PU scene for a while, we managed together last puwc (alongside ktut uru and yan) and we both managed for french teamtours. In terms of results, we won pupl 2 years ago, lambo is currently playing pu in SCL and I’m 1st seed of circuit playoff for now

Captains name: dahli
Team to take over: Latin America / South America
Possible CO-Captain: Raichy
Tell us why you should be picked: despite being relatively new to pu ive followed and been in touch with the meta for a while now, laddering frequently and helping the pu slot every week for my scl team (and played ss last pupl with the magmortars where we made semifinals + we both made decent runs in the latest pu open). Raichy has plenty of knowledge/experience about old gens and managing wise he led the team on the official World Cup of Pokemon this year where we made Quarterfinals, while I got a little managerial experience on my own with minor tours / wcops as well

edit: raichy won pupl this year too!! omg?

Captains name: Feaniix
Team to take over: Germany
Possible CO-Captain: DnB
Tell us why you should be picked: dnb and I managed last year and we want to perform much better this time, dnb played a lot of team tours on smogon and managed some teams in german team tours, for myself i am one of the few who really actively played pu in germany and played pupl and bwpl this year

zS

this is all a moo point
is a Top Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Captains name: zS
Team to take over: Asia+Oceania+Africa
Possibly CO-Captain: tbd e: gorex
Tell us why you should be picked: I was shadow-managing last year for that team and I have been a consistent presence in the tier for 2 years now. I have no experience in managing on smogon but I did manage tours in the French Community so I know how it works. I’m an active builder and I know most of the gens in the tour so I will surely be able to back anyone up on the team! Gorex has also managed a few teamtours within the RU community so he also knows how it works

Last edited:
me
assistant manager Eternal Spirit
Team to take over: South america/Brazil
Tell us why you should be picked: We both have managed and played in official team tournaments. also I've played the past few PUPLs and i actually play bw pu. I helped managing the team last year, Gama is active in PU tournaments too. Brazil has enough players to be a team on its own

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Good afternoon,

I will hop on straight to the business. Teams, captains and format for this upcoming tournament will be followed:

1. Canada gum Juno
2. Europe Drud termi
3. US West+US South roxiee ManOfMany
4. US Midwest Bag of Trixx avarice
5. US NorthEast Vulpix03
6. Brazil ggggd Eternal Spirit
7. rest of Latino America dahli Raichy
8. Germany Feaniix DnB
9. AAA zS gorex
10. India Saurav the great Piyush25
11. France Squash Lambovino
12. UK SOMALIA Estarossa

There will be 2 groups of 6 teams. Teams in group will be randomized. Tiers will be 4x ss, 1x sm, oras, bw, dpp and teams will include 8+4 players.

Captains: please provide your roster + lineup for week 1 latest this weeks sunday 11pm gmt+2. The earlier we have everyones lineup for week 1, the earlier week one will go up. If you want to make a post about your roster or possible logo (please send it also via DMs in discord), feel free to do it here. Groups will be randomized soon-ish. As a reminder, player signups will close this Thursday.

Have a great day y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)