Project PU's 4th Annual Secret Santa

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
crucify Here ya go!

Your request was choice locked komala with the last resort set and here's the team for you!
1576409248490.png

Komala @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Last Resort
- Sleep Talk

Skuntank @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Aftermath
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

The team idea is pretty simple. Skuntanks role is to pursuit trap ghost types that komala cant touch at all. Also toxicing at the same time stuff they cant together touch (Regirock, Sableye for example). Ferro is pretty standard double hazard for another way to help the team chip everything down to the range of last resort.

Jellicent+pompom is there to be your way to deal with fighting types and u-turn on pompom helps you a lot to get free switch in vs. eelektross and lanturns for Komala. Mr. Mime's scarf set is there to help your Komala to click buttons with healing wish. If you find the u-turn on pompom pointless, replace it with calm mind.

Anyway, hope you find the team useful and merry xmas buddy!

edit: oh, and skuntank is z-darkinium so you can turn once the sucker punch (the team needs prio move quite a lot) into straight damaging move (for example vs. jelli) and the jellicent is water absorb bcs of omastars. If you feel more comfy with cursed body, feel free to change :)

zS

this is all a moo point
is a Top Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Hey yogi here’s the team you requested with the absolutely LOVELY core Eevee+Servine

Eevee @ Eevium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Last Resort
- Stored Power
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 48 SpD / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Recover
- Taunt

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 56 Def / 172 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- U-turn
- Multi-Attack

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Toxic

Eevee is here to sweep late game when all the stars are aligned in the sky thanks to Eevium Z

Servine paralyses the entire world to let Eevee sweep late game thanks to haxx

Jellicent brings a Fighting immunity and thanks to wow Eevee will be able to take some hits (no)

Regirock is the rocker of the team who’s goal chip Eevee’s checks with stealth rocks or toxic

FairyVally gives the team another fighting resist and a dragon immunity and is a reliable sweeper even tho it is less powerful than Eevee tbf

Primeape is the choice scarf user because we need speed on that slow team and it also have toxic to catch jelli or sableye on the switch.

Hope u’ll like it!

edit : fun fact, this team really works lmaoo

Last edited:
I got paired up with PhantomHurious who wished to have a team based around CB Primeape + Eelektross, so I had to hook up the greatest NFE player of all time with a :wheelchair: team to challenge him in PU. Carkol is a hidden 7th Pokemon that provides Spikes support while also acting as a secondary check to Oricorio and Aurorus (P.S: it's located deep inside your stocking). I hope you enjoy your charbroiled Christmas present buddy. <3

Image result for bronzor

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Protect
goofy.png

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Roost
victreebel.png

Victreebel @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Strength Sap
mawile.jpg

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang

primeape.jpg

Primeape @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot
eel.JPG

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Superpower
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain

Bronzor: Here to check that 4 ice types +Lanturn/Sableye team and Mono Ice. Has Protect cuz this team can't afford to run Rest.
Swanna: Makes it so the team doesn't lose to that fire monkey or Sophie Turner (Combusken).
Victreebel: Helps your team not lose to Gurdurr on team preview.
Mawile: Cute femme fatale that lets you beat Mudsdale + Regirock + Ferroseed. Breaks down teams so Primeape can put in work.
Primeape: Clicks buttons. That's all it's meant to do.
Eel: Has Superpower for Cryogonal. Everything else is standard.

Destroy everyone with this team and make me proud.
Pastebin: https://pokepast.es/5f5a814d6569f1d4

primeape.jpgAlways and Forever, Musharnanigans :blobnom:
eel.JPG

Last edited:

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Sergio.jpg

Hey SergioRules I do like it! I hope you like the build I made :]

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/sudowoodo.gif

Sudowoodo @ Chople Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Sucker Punch
- Wood Hammer
- Fire Punch

My first thought was a Choice Band set using the fact that it can hit Mudsdale harder than it's biggest competition, Aggron. During testing however it was just getting revenge killed or just straight up outsped by the likes of Primeape, Stoutland, Hitmonchan, even Absol. Chople allows you to lure and kill them all, and being able to switch up moves allows you to break cores like Ferroclef a bit easier by not having to rely on predictions. You can always just use Choice Band and spam that Head Smash, feel free to change it however you would like!

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/silvally-fairy.gif

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Defog

As much as you can lure the fighting types Sudowoodo hates so much, it is nice to just have a reliable switch in to them while also grabbing some momentum. Silvally-Fairy shines in this meta and helps a ton. You could potentially make this a Silvally-Poison, as the team admittedly doesn't like Victreebel that much. Again feel free to change up to whatever you like.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/victreebel.gif

Victreebel @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Strength Sap

Victreebel again eases your fighting match up, especially with Silvally's inability to recover at all. You're also able to get in on a bulky water like Lanturn (bar Specs or something).

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/mudsdale.gif

Mudsdale @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Can't have a team w/o rocks, also acts as the general Physical sponge of the team. You could consider going with Regirock in this slot for a better long term switch in to Stoutland/Kanga, however I didn't like the ground weakness it gave the build especially when trying to come in on opposing Mudsdales.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/primeape.gif

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Team needed speed and ways of forcing switches while grabbing momentum. Primeape does that both and brings in stuff like Pom-Pom, Silvally-Fairy, Musharna, Clefairy, Gastrodon, ect. for Sudowoodo to come in and threaten. Also is a general good partner for Victreebel getting in the aforementioned Clefairy Gastrodon Silvally-Fairy and some others like Jellicent, Mudsdale, Torterra.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/lanturn.gif

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

This slot was initially an Eelektross but found that Lanturn provided more actual defensive value that the team wanted. Looking back Eelektross did give you a better Victreebel match up so hey use it if you want! Heal Bell really helped out the team in tests and the team just enjoys what Lanturn brings.

Here is the pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/43f40c0de18d2e22

Speaking of tests... I do want to apologize, did play a ton of games vs some friends with this build but Showdown was still fucked up and wouldn't save all the replays :( However here is one vs my good enemy friend Chrisloud: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1031252098-jn4708ssqe8m5gxwtdihk8kcvlw9worpw I had another game after this against Manyy where Sudowoodo broke a Balance of Bronzor Clefairy Gastrodon while also being able to tank a +1 Rev dance from Pom-Pom. The last game I remember was against Aaronboyer where Sudowoodo was able to break past Eelektross + Jellicent, while being able to come in on Dodrio with 1. The Chople Berry being there. and 2. Having the Mudsdale to come in on the Jump Kick, created some fun mind games you're able to abuse in game.

Overall pretty funny team, as Sudowoodo is honestly not the worst thing out there. It balance breaks pretty alright, and the defensive value was surprisingly useful in some match ups. The team absolutely hates Victreebel but having to support Sudowoodo so hard put me into quite the corner. I mentioned earlier that you can make the Lanturn an Eelektross, well you can also make the Primeape a Dodrio if you're willing to forego the U-turn and not luring in some things for Sudowoodo.

Anyways friend hope you enjoy it, and Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Alright so I got a pretty unique request from Darkfire47 who wants team with a Ninjask/Regice core. At first I was thinking of some kinda SD Ninjask or maybe banded but then I remembered the shitshow that Ktut put on vs Shane in that ssnl final and knew I had to copy. Regice is the other part of the core which is a pretty standard set but I added twave which as you will see, is a pretty common theme to this team. So next I needed a rock resist as there is already 2 rock weak pokemon, I also wanted another way to inflict paralysis on the opponent so what better way than to use Stunfisk which also gives me a rocker. After that I wanted a good way to remove hazards so I decided to use Servine because it has glare. The paraspam doesn’t stop there tho, next up is Sableye which you might be thinking ‘but taskr, sableye doesn’t learn a paralysis move’ and you would be incorrect, catch this light ball Fling fam lmao. Lastly I added something else to potentially sweep which is a weak armor Kabutops which has Waterfall so if In doubt just flinch.

Ninjask @ Groundium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Sand Attack
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Regice @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Defog

Sableye @ Light Ball
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fling
- Recover
- Night Shade
- Taunt

Kabutops @ Chople Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Regice @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Polish
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Toxic

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Toxic
- Haze

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse

Last edited:
i'm jewish so idk what santa means but christmas must be really nice because i didn't only get to build with a mon i never built with before, but i also got to build for one of my closest smogon friends.

so without further ado, dearest KellyKafka, here's your coal <3

:sm/oricorio-pom-pom::sm/skuntank::sm/lanturn::sm/jynx::sm/gurdurr::sm/regirock:

hi

:sm/oricorio-pom-pom:
15 Step (Oricorio-Pom-Pom) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance​

best fighting check in the metagame bc losing to gurdurr is not cool, taunt eases ur mu against jelli and bronzor that can still be quite annoying even with skunk around, hurri is a good move when it hits so make sure not to miss, i personally enjoy the coverage provided by hurri+revdance but u can change revdance to cm/u-turn if u wish.

:sm/skuntank:
Bodysnatchers (Skuntank) @ Black Glasses
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Poison Jab​

before playing with this team and going undefeated against 2 opponents (rip ps and my timezone) i used to think defog skunk was wildly inferior to band/scarf atm but it's actually really nice in mushy/bronzor meta. blackglasses let u 2hko both with crunch and consecutively trap them with pursuit. had to give up on sucker punch to really not lose to psychics, which makes the team slightly weaker to simisear the threat, so u can change crunch/pjab to sucker if u find the edgy fire monkey too tough to handle.

:sm/lanturn:
Arpeggi (Lanturn) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

imagine giving me the option to choose eel over lanturnt as if i'm ever gonna do that LOOOOL. anyway lanturn is a really nice partner to jynx as it lets u not click x when u see a fire-type on team preview although u still have to pray ur opponents are not big-brained enough to use grassium z simisear.

:sm/jynx:
All I Need (Jynx) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Lovely Kiss​

ngl i hate this sewage digimon and it made buliding that much harder and i contemplated just ignoring your request and going w mushy instead, but i made it work i think. went with scarf over z-lovely kiss bc having a fast rker at all times is nice and losing ur series when u miss lovely kiss on t1 really sucks, still added lovely kiss on the last slot bc it's really lovely when it actually hits, found it surprisingly adept at cleaning late-game.

:sm/gurdurr:
Reckoner (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up​

gurdurr does the usual gurdurr stuff of losing to pompom on team preview but 90% of pu players seem to forget that u need to use fighting-type checks so it puts in work more often than not. it also functions as the team's premier hailcore answer (rip any attempts i made at fitting altaria on this team).

:sm/regirock:
Videotape (Regirock) @ Rockium Z
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch
- Toxic​

this originally started out as a standard rocks regi, and then i realized that running bulky regi is silly when i already have bulky gurdurr, then i gave it rockium z so it can do big dmg to mushy, and then i finally figured out a way to make the team not auto-lose to mushy but i kept it in anyway. offensive regi is really nice on this team while still being able to tank some hits in a pinch so it stayed.

team should do well enough against everything bar grassium simisear (which any team without an altaria loses to tbf). even a Sewage Filth player like me managed to get some wins with it so it's probably a good team, just hit ur hurris and lovely kisses:)

hope u appreciate the nicks btw

in case u missed the clickable sprites: importable

happy hanukkah!

hello! im back from the dead somewhat. i had the pleasure of building for DYA with the requested core of scyther+lanturn. i'll be honest, im not particularly fond of scyther as a mon but i did try my hardest to ignore that and make it work so i hope you enjoy the team!

so scyther+lanturn is pretty self explanatory, they cover each others weaknesses almost perfectly and lanturn can bring in scyther via slow voltturn. alolaslash is the teams first remover since every scyther team needs at least 2 removers but also is the rocker of the team. it also acts as an answer to future sight musharna which would otherwise be quite annoying. fairyvally is the second removal and acts as a secondary fighting check. ape is ape, pivots around and overall great speed control and stout basically just clicks buttons after ape has done chip to everything and lanturn has spread toxic. this team does have trouble vs mudsdale and edgequake coverage in general, but you can overcome this by clicking toxic w lanturn and spamming return w stout/cc w ape.
happy holidays everyone !! :blobnom:

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Hey uhuhuhu7 and happy holidays! You requested a team around Smash Waterium Omastar with Roselia for Spikes support. I love Spikes teams so I thought this would be an easy request. Unfortunately, I'm not the best builder so I got a lot of help from the lovely Akir with this.

• Omastar and Roselia were the given core for me and I was actually pretty happy because throughout all of SM, I never built with Omastar. And Spikes Offense is one of my favorite play styles. Went with Modest for the extra power, but it could easily be made Timid for a better Jolly Aggron match up, while the Roselia set helps handle opposing Omastar.
  • Originally, the Jellicent slot was an Eject Button Sableye, but Jellicent gives a little bit more offensive pressure to the team. It acts as the team's spin-blocker, essential for Spikes teams, while also helping with Gurdurr match ups.
  • Skunk was one if the things that Akir suggested due to its access to Pursuit to wear down Pokemon that can check Omastar and get them in range of its moves. I made it Scarf to give the team some form of Speed control and added Memento to give Omastar better set up opportunities.
  • Eel was added as a bulky pivot that allows the team to check more special attackers and acts as the normal glue mon that it normally does.
  • SpDef Snowslash was the final member as a Rapid Spinner and Stealth Rock setter, while also being a Dragon- and secondary Normal-type check.

Importable

Also today's my birthday, so I wanted to get this team out today as both a gift to myself and to you! I hope you enjoy!

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Oathkeepre wanted a Fairy-Steel-Dragon core. Unfortunately, he got me as a builder. Enjoy the absolute mess I have created and merry christmas!

:shiinotic::turtonator::sandslash-alola::qwilfish::oricorio-sensu::kabutops:
https://pokepast.es/5c3ca4c8a766ef74
It's basically a hazard stacking core of Sandslash and Qwilfish, with SubTox Oricorio to help wear down things further for Turtonator to sweep. Shiinotic is a nice Fighting and Ground resist and I think is severely underrated in the meta, and Kabutops provides some form of speed control. This team is hella ground weak, but between Shiinotic and Oricorio-Sensu, there should be enough counter play.

:turtonator::metang::silvally-fairy::hitmonchan::skuntank::haunter:
https://pokepast.es/2f5870a19e2718b8
Now this is a real team. Ideally, you want to BLOW EVERYTHING UP so that Turtonator can sweep. Hitmonchan is just happy to be there and enjoy the time spent with his friends NUKING EVERYTHING.

Hey k8ppy and happy holidays! K8ppy requested a core of Solrock + Roselia.

1576948224938.png
1576948241382.png
1576948260156.png
1576948282693.png
1576948303784.png
1576948316830.png

Solrock @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature - Rock Slide
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Jellicent @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Recover
- Taunt

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

Sandslash-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Icicle Crash
- Rapid Spin
Right off the bat Solrock + Roselia seems like food for hail, so I tried to ease that matchup as much as possible.
Jellicent has good synergy with Roselia and is good against hail, so seemed like a logical choice. I personally don't like passive balances, so I made the Jellicent offensive Z-Water with a lot of bulk so it pretends to be a knock off switch-in. You can adjust the set/ev's if you so choose, defensive could be better.

Gurdurr is standard bulk up and does Gurdurr things: helps with hail, physical attacker switch-in, clicks knock off, bulky win con, etc.

Skuntank is another dark resist and helps with Sabelye/Psychics for Gurdurr. I put the Sub+Toxic set because its busted and helps with the stall matchup and pressures the things Skuntank needs to pressure for this team to succeed.

Scarf Sandlash isn't good, but its the glue mon the team kinda needs. Rapid spin support, speed control, and your hail matchup is pretty good now.

Teams pretty simple, use status+hazards to wear the opposing team down while relying on the defensive backbone to not get blown out. Anyways, hope you find use for this team, and make changes as you see fit!

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Here's your team LordST. Happy Holidays!

Kecleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Fake Out

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Strength Sap
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Ancient Power

Qwilfish @ Waterium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
- Spikes

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Kecleon + Jumpluff was a pretty interesting core. I went with the always reliable AV Kecleon. I've never used Jumpluff in SM but I thought SD + Strength Sap seemed like it could be pretty dangerous. These two pokemon pair pretty well with Spikes support, so I added an offensive Qwilfish variant that can nuke unsuspecting Mudsdale or Pom Pom that might pose a threat to the core. Aurorus is necessary to serve as a strong special wallbreaker so the team doesn't get bopped by physical walls. Primeape is the reliable cleaner. Finally Claydol is because I forgot about Stealth Rocks as well as removal and it can do both somewhat okay. s/o HJAD and TONE for the help

ishtar

temper madness with an even extreme
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
PU Leader
Yo, Akir! Here are your teams, really hope you enjoy em. ^-^

The requests for these teams were really interesting and Im hoping that I managed to do the concept justice. Ive never built a Gravity team prior to this, so this was quite the peculiar challenge, one which I ended up enjoying quite a bit! I decided to build a Gen 7 team with two variations and a gen 4 team. Sadly you got one of the people who really haven’t delved too much into any old gens, but I do know very little about Gen 4 Pu and my dear friend Specs was kind enough to lend me a hand in the creation of this last team.

When trying to come up with a Gravity team my first approach was obviously looking at users and abusers of said teams, I even read this really interesting article about Gravity teams in Gen 5 which was quite the enjoyable read, I recommend. Without further ado here are the builds!

Carbink @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Gravity
- Healing Wish

Carracosta @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Lovely Kiss

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Raticate-Alola @ Normalium Z
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
When approaching a Gravity team in this tier, I had to figure out a way to balance out the users of the move and try to find ways of pivoting with them, or at least not giving up too much momentum. TR teams allow you to utilize suicide leads and weather teams have the benefit of the different stones. Gravity as a concept is quite difficult to pull off but I believe that this team is able to function relatively well, even without the requirement of said move being clicked all the time.

Carbink is the rocker of choice, offers great defensive utility and can set up Gravity. Its bound to getting worn down but the second user of Gravity, Musharna, is able to support Carbink by being a much better Fighting-type check, as well as a great Gravity user, thanks to the option of Healing Wish which can be utilized as a way of pivoting into the next mons. Carracosta benefits greatly from Gravity due to Stone Edge and Hydro being innacurate, Shuca Berry allows it to function as check to Sandslash-Alola which can be kinda awk for the rest of the team. Jynx was probably the most fun mon to use here. Choice Scarf is quite fast, functions as a great check to opposing Costa and almost all of its moves benefit from Gravity. You could easily go Ice Beam instead of Blizzard here if youre not able to pull off Gravity in a certain scenario, but whats the fun in using Gravity if you aint gonna use innacurate moves? Silv-Dragon is a nice offensive Defogger which obviously benefits from Gravity too and offers decent defensive utility vs. Electric/Water/Fire- types which allow Carbink to not be as pressured. Finally the Rat is one of the most fun additions to the team, there really isn’t anything more satisfying than clicking those Hustle-boosted moves without fearing missing. Great cleaner that is able to even get past physical walls like Tangela, Regi, etc.

Carbink @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Toxic / Explosion
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Gravity
- Healing Wish

Carracosta @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Lovely Kiss

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Torterra @ Grassium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic / Rock Polish
The other approach I wanted to hit when utilizing this team was of course allowing a mon to hit its Ground-type moves and hit Levitate and Flying-type Pokemon. This was actually the first version and while its quite similar, I felt like I the two approaches which I display in these two teams encompass everything that’s fun about Gravity: Not giving a fuck about Flying-types, and landing hits. That’s why Torterra is such a perfect abuser, I initially chose Choice Band Tort on this team but being able to switch up moves is so great under Gravity. Toxic is there to cripple one of the only counters in Leafeon, Tangela. Another option here would’ve been Golurk but it has a much worse defensive typing, would make the team ridiculously weak to Dark, and I simply think Tort is a lot more scary.

Purugly  sprite from Diamond & Pearl
Probopass  sprite from Diamond & Pearl
Kadabra  sprite from Diamond & Pearl
Ampharos  sprite from Diamond & Pearl
Rhydon  sprite from Diamond & Pearl
Golduck  sprite from Diamond & Pearl

Purugly @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- U-turn
- Taunt

Probopass @ Passho Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
- Gravity

Kadabra @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Gravity

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 136 HP / 164 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Toxic

Rhydon @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Double-Edge

Golduck @ Leftovers
Ability: Cloud Nine
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
Finally, a Gen 4 PU team! I once again wanna shoutout Specs who pretty much guided me through which users and abusers could function well and also came up with that Amphy spread (this Amphy is incredibly fun to use). Apart from that I just tried to assemble the puzzle in a way that seemed coherent and at least viable and usable for battle counting and discarting possible users and abusers. The results were surprisingly effective and I did some testing with my friend to see if it needed some tweaking.

I personally had a lot of trouble knowing when I should Gravity, but that is mostly because im really unfamiliar with the lack of team preview, which made me worry if I was taking a risk, as well as my lack of knowledge of the tier.

With that being said, Im pretty sure you can make this work and have some really fun battles with this. Probo and Kadabra fulfill the role of two very different Gravity users that cover a lot offensively, Purugly is Purugly, Golduck is Golduck and mons like Amphy and Rhydon are just incredible here and they appreciate Gravity so much.

Hope I ended up fulfilling the requests, and I hope you enjoy this as much or even more than I did! I think these Gravity teams are able to function relatively well even without the move itself, so theyre not incredibly reliant on the mechanic, as I explained previously, but they can definitely flip a MU on its head thanks to it. I really wanted to balance out the utilization of Gravity with a team that resembled something solid, and Im glad that I was given the chance to try out something new. Enjoy! (:

Happy holidays!

Last edited:
I got the Symbol for Secret Santa himself, hope you enjoy the Teams PTF and also happy holidays :psyglad:

Decided to go with two versions, the first one uses banded skunk to get rid of common problems for simisage, like oricorio-g and metang/bronzor and banded skunk just pairs well with it in general, as a double on ground types trying to check skunk or a regular switch offers pressure and skunk can put that pursuit pressure on the aforementioned threats (not to mention it's ability to check rarer shiftry which would be annoying and cm spiritomb, plus some leafeon variants, lurantis and bellossom) , as well as bulky psychics which can shrug off leafstorms and wall simi after (I am looking at you musharna). Hitmonchan loves metang and skuntank on it's side and provides rapid spin for aurorus while checking opposing special Ice and fire types better. Metang deals with stoutland, jynx, victrebell and some leafon variants and gets up rocks nicely (toxic is optional for bellossom and better handling lurantis, since skunk can be worn down quickly) while gastro offers a bulky win con, dealing with aggron, scarf primeape, kangaskhan, lycanrock, raichu-alola, combusken and skuntank and being a valueable volt switch immunity. I slapped cm on aurorus just in case it gets knocked but hp rock, frost breath and flash cannon are all perfectly fine on the 4th slot as well. Regarding the team's issues, torterra and swanna come to mind. Torterra can somewhat be played around with simisage and swanna can be stalled (assuming no hurrican escapades) but alternately gastro can rock toxic or even an coverage move for it (otherwise the mind games on roost or hax will settle the matter but curse seems needed in version 1 to beat gurdurr). One more thing on the first version: there might be freedom for the set choice on hitmonchan, even (spdef) av might be appealing as simisisear looks to be tough to fight against on paper.The second version deals with those better, swapping some offensive pressure for bulk (audino especially) and is an experimental approach for a more standalone simisage, as a band user. Rock Slide isnt used,as every PU Bird is at least two hit koed by either gunk or knock :]

THE CHAD:
1428994278207.png

Last edited:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was too broken for NDUbers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Megazard hihi
1577067688861.png

Big Bird (Articuno) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Roost

Big Monkey (Simisear) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Big Turtle (Torterra) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Stealth Rock

Big Ghost (Haunter) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

Big Fridge (Rotom-Frost) @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Big Beach Ball (Marill) @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Rest

My main mega man asked for Offensive Articuno, so that's what he got! Here's the rundown.

Offensive Articuno! I originally wanted to meme and give this mon an Assault Vest of Choice Specs or something, but I figured I should prob stick to what MZ actually wanted. The usual set, max Special Attack and Speed with Modest, STAB+coverage+roost. This set gives it a great matchup against various mons including Grass-types like Leafeon, Ground-types like Torterra, and and special Water-types like Jellicent. Hidden Power Fighting lets it hit other unsuspecting mons like Aggron.

Next up, Simisear. It has decent type synergy with Articuno, with Articuno helping against mons like Jellicent and Mudsdale and such. In return, Simisear is able to beat Steel-types like Bronzor and specially defensive mons like Clefairy. Since the Z-move slot was already taken, I decided to go pinch berry+Gluttony. Also added Taunt so I could have a solid stallbreaker.

So far, Rock-types were annoying for the team, and I could use a Stealth Rock user, so I decided to add this S-rank mon to the team. Torterra also helps against Electric-types like Eelektross and Alolan Raichu. It also pressures opposing Stealth Rock users like Mudsdale and Metang, helping out Articuno. I couldn't decide between specially or physically defensive, but ended up going physically so I could have a better matchup against mons like Kangaskhan, and it pairs well with Articuno's naturally high Special Defense.

This slot was originally Mr. Mime, cuz Healing Wish+Fighting resist, but as I went on with the team I realized how much it sucks against Primeape. While this definitely isn't a counter, it still causes mind games with the opponent. Otherwise, it makes for a decent revenge killer and can take down set up mons with Destiny Bond. It's also the team's best Normal-resist, at least for mons like Zangoose.

This is another mon I changed to later in the building, as it was originally Skuntank. However, Dodrio and other Flying-types were a pain, so I needed a Defog mon that had a solid matchup against it. For the filler slot I went Will-O-Wisp since it helps against some physical mons that threaten the team, tho you can probably change it to Thunderbolt with little change. This mon turned the team into nice Ice spam too, and without Hail. Who knew that was a thing.

Ok, so I needed a mon that could counter the frik out of a fire mon, and I found it. I went Thick Fat over Sap Sipper so it could even further bop those Fire-types and take less from Freeze-Dry. I went with max Defense instead of max Special Defense so it could better take on mons like Alolan Sandslash. It's also a callback from earlier in the meta from when me, Dibs, and MZ were in a team battle (yeah, remember those) and won thanks to Marill. Also also Marill looks adorable in the art.

Some last notes:
  • Has the classic Fire/Grass/Water core
  • Not the best matchup against Normal- and Dark-types like Kangaskhan and Absol
  • Look at that sexy art!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the team MZ!

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
yo AntaresLN hope ur having a good holiday and enjoy this team with your core of Absol and Zangoose!

:sm/absol: :sm/zangoose: :sm/altaria: :sm/regirock: :sm/lanturn: :sm/gurdurr:
pushing 20 (Absol) @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

tell em (Zangoose) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

in my bed (Altaria) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Cloud Nine
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Roost

i can't stop me (Regirock) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

exhale (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

take you back (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
I thought the best way to execute Absol + Zangoose would be through Pursuit + BD because of Absol removing ghosts so Zangoose can freely spam QA late game. Getting off BD on Zangoose can be difficult but you can lean on the standard Zangoose set being Toxic Boost. The core was pretty Fighting weak so I slapped on my girl Altaria. Defensive variant works here, but I prefer offensive in general. Free damage on shit trying to just catch a toxic. The lack of removal is not that noticable in practice as spikes would generate free turns for Absol to come in or Zangoose to set up. Regirock gets up your own hazards and can spread toxic which can be great for Zangoose. Lanturn is the special sponge and spreads toxic too. More importantly though, it can get a slow Volt Switch for Absol or Zangoose. Protect can be ran over Toxic or Heal Bell to ease prediction since Primeape can be annoying. Gurdurr rounds out the team as another mon that likes ghosts out of the way and is more consistent win con than Zangoose ever could. While there is no Scarfer, there are three forms of priority between Absol, Zangoose, and Gurdurr so revenging is not usually a struggle.

Replay (others didn't save)

s/o gum for building tips

Last edited:
Just ticked over so it is currently christmas over in the UK and i got user Specs as my secret santa. He requested a team based around Arbok, and if you are a true OG you may remember my 1 rmt being based around Arbok in BW2 NU. That team was tragic, and i like to think ive come a long way as a player and builder since those days. So enjoy this take: best of hjad in gen7pu ft arbok, Specs!

Arbok @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Switcheroo
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Kangaskhan (F) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Knock Off

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Absol @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Tail
- Play Rough

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Recover

So Arbok is pretty fuckin awful if i do say so myself, its really not bulky or strong and generally you need one or the other (or both) to function well in PU. After many thrown keyboards and discussions with dibs i decided that zswitcheroo +coil with gunk + seed coverage was gonna be the best way to make it the most consistent endgame cleaner it could possibly be. The rest of the team would try to faciliate the snek to clean in the endgame.
Basically since we know arbok is gonna need shit tons of chip in order to work, I decided that dual hazards ferro would be the next port of call. We really need both hazards, and this team will be really focused on chipping / annoying its main checks in muds / regirock as well as like bronzor / metang so ferroseed very well abuses 3 of them and gets spikes up consistently. Knock off will claim any lefties to maximise damage on any bulk stuffs not previously considered. I decided to add kangaskhan to the ferro bok core. Shouldnt be surprising, but i think it works well with Ferro as an individual and with bok as an offensive tandem. You can use 1 to open the game up for the other and vice versa but mainly kangaskhan trading itself out for damage on the specific stuffs that arbok needs chip on since arbok itself is more adept to cleaning. To finish this core off, its obvious that knocks on defensive cores would be great, but more importantly that bronzor is huge aids for this 3 man core. Scarf absol was my solution. Its got the suit so you can also trap musharna as well as the bronzor, altho even that should be super easy to abuse given ferroseed exists and it doesnt resist either of your two main offensive outlets.
2 gluemons needed now to finish out the team, first is toxic defog pompom to give you that ground resist but also give you outs vs torterra and defogger. Last slot is jellicent, i needed a fire and fighting resist. Even tho it isnt the greatest of either, fighters give arbok set up (apart from ape lol) and fires dont get passed it as easily, sure simi might be an issue but u can play around it with sr + kanga + pursuit on absol.

Merry Christmas brotha

Happy Holidays Lambovino! Here is your team, I hope you have fun with the team as i had building it!

Sivally: Can pressure offensively and sweep with SD and is our electric inmunity, also give momentum with u-turn.
Abomasnow: Fast with scarf and can make wallbreak with great moves and help Silvally to sweep.
Hitmonchan: Rapid spinner of the team and core with Regirock, that is all.
Regirock: physical wall and rocker, its a nice mon in the team.
Jellicent: I love this mon, its a strong wallbreaker and a cute mon imo.
Oricorio Pom-Pom: Stallbreaker and you can sweep with CM + ZHurricane.
Sorry for my english, im still learning it :c

Squash

UTA Overlord
Hi gum , here is ur team, I hope u will enjoy it !

PUWC FOR 2K20 (Jumpluff)
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Strength Sap
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder

nyoom gang (Persian-Alola) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Parting Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Uncritical (Carbink) @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Moonblast

zs l’abrutosinge (Primeape) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

France > Canada (Silvally-Dragon) @ Dragon Memory
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Defog

MZD GANG (Jellicent) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Scald
- Recover

The core requested was Jumpluff + Persian-A, so I decided to add the core Jellibink which is very solide, it covers the most of the meta and it allows me to cover most of the weakness of the core. To help jumpluff to do some work, I added some uturner with primeape and dragon valy to bring momentum and speed to the team.

im not very good to make a description sry

Édit: i wish to u all guys a happy Christmas and’ good holidays :blobuwu:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)