SS LC Pump It

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
PUMP IT

Howdy ya'll, Zelfie here! I'm really enjoying most of the new changes in Gen 8 and it's brought me back into actually wanting to play this game again. While I spent a lot of time in OU and on Nexus in anticipation for the new dynamax meta, it seems like that meta won't be lasting too much longer at least as an official metagame so I decided to try out Little Cup to see what it had to offer. My only previous experiences in Little Cup were near the start of Gen 7 where I only played for a little bit so I'm only coming into this generation with what little second hand knowledge I have. Regardless I've been playing a lot with this team and have taken a bit of a liking towards it. I don't think it's anything too impressive but whatever I decided to write an RMT on it anyways.

BREAKDOWN

The team itself doesn't really have a core identity and it can shift over to different styles. Though the most optimal outcome is setting up Sticky Webs and then letting Farfeth'd or Corphish deal massive damage that way but unfortunately the team struggles with Gastly and Flying types at face value making making that goal more of a secondary gameplan is the stars align. Other game plans involve using Trapinch to remove safe pivots like Ferroseed and Spritzee while also being an offensive check when trades go unfavorably.

Frillish and Pawniard play as some of the defensive backbone of the team of the team being able to check a variety of Pokemon I fear like Sinistea, Timburr, and Onix for example. Pawniard also serves as a Stealth Rocker which can usually set up Stealth Rocks on pivot versions of Vullaby or just when it is threatening a switch on Scarf Gastly or slower Ghost-types like opposing Frillish and Pumpkaboo. Farfetch'd when it can successfully get in on teams most of the time will be able to nab itself a kill or with the support of Trapinch lure in Pokemon that would wall it like Mareanie and Spritzee.

PROFILES
@

Ability: Shield Dust
Level: 5
EVs: 236 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Cutiefly can perform a couple of roles on this team such as being a semi decent speed check for the opponents team, using the Sash later in the game in order to check a scarf bird like Farfetch'd or Vullaby. Originally this set ran U-Turn > Psychic but Psychic became soon important due to how oppressive Gastly is in this meta and having the move to throw out at incoming Mareanie allows this team to more easily win via Corphish or Farfeth'd. Outside of that that this set can also be played as a lead versus teams where Farfetch'd has an incredible match up into or just be played down the line when the opponents Sticky Web is removed from the game. Outside of that there isn't too much too talk about, if Gastly becomes more tolerable/banned then I'd reccomend swapping back to U-Turn since it allows this mon to bait in Pokemon like Pawniard, Mareanie, and Ferroseed and allow Trapinch to revenge kill them.

@

Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Defog

Farfetch'd is such an amazing wallbreaker due to Scrappy bypassing any "safe" Close Combat switchins on top of it's phenomenal base 20 Attack being enough to annihilate most Pokemon without Eviolite. Brave Bird gives it another strong move to use versus opposing Farfetch'd, Timburr, and Croagunk and hit targets that Close Combat wouldn't 2HKO like Mareanie and Spritzee. Knock Off is nice for removing Eviolites for Trapinch to help safely trap the opposing Pokemon and hit Pokemon like Gothita on the switch and Defog being mandatory because lmao Cutiefly. Particularly Knock Off is great at luring in Spritzee which allows Trapinch to safely kill it. Close Combat is favorably going to be the move you want to use the most and becomes borderline insane when Sticky Webs are active on the opponent. Thanks to Berry Juice this allows Farfetch'd to be able to take trades with little repercussions like versus DD Onix, Chinchou, or Trapinch and the Eviolite bulk doesn't stack up that much when combined with Defense drops from Close Combat.

@

Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Pawniard acts as a soft check to a lot of mons as well as being a priority check via Sucker Punch. Unfortunately the loss of Knock Off hurts it quite a lot but that doesn't remove it's fantastic typing and STAB Sucker Punch that are super important in the metagame right now. Pawniard acts as a psuedo flying check for Pokemon like Pivot/Scarf Vullaby or Scarf Farfetch'd. Iron Head is also vitle for hitting Onix for when they try to DD on Pawniard and overall gets the most damage out. Unfortunately this team doesn't have enough space to take out Stealth Rocks in favor for Brick Break which would help versus opposing Pawniard and Ferroseed and Swords Dance isn't favorable either since their is already enough raw fire power in Farfetch'd and Corphish. And particularly this Pokemon is also nice for threatening Defog from Farfetch'd and gaining +2 Attack from Moonblast drops turning it into a combustible threat. Even though most people saying Pawniard isn't good from what I can tell I fail to see that as it still has a lot of other important values to it such as it's typing and flexible tool kit to fit an arrange of teams and of course it's pretty great speed tier which is hitting above 15.

@

Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Frillish brings a lot of defensive utility alongside Pawniard in order to create the backbone of the team. Will-o-Wisp allows this mon to punish a majority of the Pokemon that would threaten it like Swords Dance Craudaunt, Farfetch'd, and Scarf Birds. Shadow Ball is necessary in this team due to how threatening giving Gastly and Croagunk momentum is as well as being consistent damage that can't be reset by aromatherapy. Scald is just as important being able to OHKO Onix and put damage on Trapinch or Diglett is. Recover is also the more consistent option and allows it to stay in on certain Pokemon when they are burned. The Water Absorb allows Frillish to suck momentum away from Craudaunt, Wingull, and choice Chinchou. You also block Drilbur's Rapid Spin and can check it which is hella nice.

@

Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Corphish is one of the most important Pokemon on the team due to it's ability to speed check a lot of Pokemon with adaptability Aqua Jet and also sweep games with Swords Dance, though there are a lot of obstacles in the game that can prevent that such as Mareanie, Ferroseed, and Croagunk. Corphish is probably the Pokemon that appreciates Stealth Rocks being up the most as well as it makes by passing speedier threats with +2 Aqua Jet so much easier. Thankfully Trapinch and Farfetch'd also do an excellent job at weakening most of Corphish's checks. Sticky Web is also a blatantly good hazard to have up for Corphish as it turns your Crabhammer into unwallable hits and crushes offensive teams as well. Aqua Jet just in of itself is nice for preventing Onix from ever just stealing a game and helps to check some frailer mons as well like a Vullaby who has -1 Defense or Gastly.

@

Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- First Impression
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

Trapinch is the final Pokemon and one of the core Pokemon in the team due to it's ability to easily clear defensive threats that could otherwise stop other Pokemon on the team from doing their job. I run dual priority for the sake of being able to catch Pokemon attempting to revenge kill Trapinch off guard. Superpower is for hitting Ferroseed and 2HKOing it without Knock Off support. Unfortunately this set gets absolutely trashed by birds trying to switch in and it may be the right move to run Rock Slide just in general to not get trashed by Drifloon. Anyways just trap shit lol.

Conclusion
rofl ban Trapinch

https://pastebin.com/1g0z2WXB
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1018435736
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1018833749
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1018392748
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1018722284
https://gyazo.com/4d4cdf04ebc779a999b2aea94cc46a96

Hey man, cool team. This isn't a real rate because I'm bad at those, but I just wanted to point out that your Farfetch'd EVs are wrong for some reason. The way you have it in the paste, Fetch'd only hits 14 Speed because 196 isn't enough to hit the max number.

You want to run this instead:

Farfetch'd-Galar @ Berry Juice
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Defog

At least assuming you want max speed and the Adamant nature. I think Jolly is better so you don't lose ties with opposing Fetch'd if nothing else, but at the end of the day, that's up to you. I'm not really seeing any important rolls that Adamant gets you either. I know you've got webs, but still, just something to think about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)