Resource PU Team Dump

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
approved by the pu mod team
op stolen from here, with some modifications from myself

7538B7D2-2940-4CCE-A68C-38D4F8689B06.jpeg

art by shaoda

This thread's purpose

This thread welcomes all players wishing to share their teams, no matter the playstyle. Feel free to post your unique teams that you think shouldn't pass unnoticed even if they are not sample- or RMT-worthy.

Rules

• Post an importable of your team under spoiler tags or link it to the sprites of your team.
  • Add a short description of the team you are posting. There's no need to write an essay about it, but having a short paragraph describing, for example, how the team should be played and its wincon is very helpful.
  • Since your post will be listed in an index in the first messages of the thread, please include the sprites of the Pokémon of your team.
  • Be creative! The teams don't have to be meta-defining or flawless. Teams featuring a unique Pokémon or strategy that are not seen very often are welcome here! However, keep in mind that the team should still be decent in practice, so please don't post overly gimmicky stuff like monocolor teams or monoNFE teams.

Resources

You can add animated sprites by using :gen/pokémon:, like :ss/silvally-poison. You can also add mini-sprites by simply using the Pokémon's name, like this :mawile:.

Please note: The teams that are posted will be listed in an archive, which includes the first four posts of this thread, that is divided into four categories: offensive teams, balanced teams, defensive teams, and fun teams. Most teams will be included, though if some are too vulnerable to the current metagame or too meme-ish, I reserve the right not to add it.

Last edited:

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
:crustle::appletun::type-null::mawile::silvally-poison::mr-mime:
Have had good success with this post drops team me and my good friend keppy made a couple nights ago, Crustle and Apple make a nice lil offensive combo. Appletun breaking and chipping a good portion of the meta game, while Crustle cleans very well while also not enjoying having speed control like Mane around (and apple loves harding in on Mane lol.) Then Healing Wish mime and defensive support. You can easily make the Mawile full phys def, SD Rocks was just something I've been enjoying for a bit now.

:Stonjourner::pincurchin::thievul::pawniard::silvally-bug::fraxure:
E terrain + Thievul has seen great success recently, so I wanted to make my own version of it. The team focuses on creating win paths for Thievul and the others through sheer breaking power or offensive pressure. Stonjourner does both of those really well while having a great speed tier (and pseudo momentum for offense in boom.) Pinch is a must have for e terrain (duh) but the spikes are key so that helps too. Thievul is very scary because you give it one turn and you could easily lose, with it's virtually unmatched speed after unburden and surprising breaking power with just one boost. Pawniard is a great rocker and really helps getting rid of eviolites ect to help Thievul, it's also just broken so that helps. Silvally-Bug was more of a fun pick on the team, it could easily be any of them but the fun of strong U-turns was too good to pass up lol, you also always 3 hit KO Throh with is great. Fraxure is deadly and also has the "1 turn is all it takes" sort of thing like Thievul. It creates win paths out of nowhere and I still think this thing is criminally underused.

zS

this is all a moo point
is a Top Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
:ss/salandit: :ss/hitmontop: :ss/dubwool: :ss/crustle: :ss/manectric: :ss/dusclops:
I wanted to use dubwool but everyone knows that it tends to struggle against ghost types, mareanie and a few psychic types. I knew for that moment I had to go with Salandit. Salandit can toxic everything thanks to its ability Corrosion and make sure that you toxic the opposing mareanie, poisonvally or musharna for example with it if you want to set up dubwool. Toxic Hitmontop is there especially for gourgeist and a few psychic types to help dubwool. The spread outspeed adamant mawile 2hkos it with Earthquake and we have technician as an ability to OHKO opposing pawniards with mach punch. I Added crustle to that team because I wanted spikes + rocks with the rapid spin support. Dusclops helps with dubwool to check Glaceon being a pseudo ice resist. Crustle is able to take one hit from specs glaceon but Don't consider both of them as a Switch in. Specs glaceon is very threatening for that squad. Manectric acts as a revenge killer a provides speed controle to that slow team. Falinks can be very threatening so make sure you keep clops out of throat chop range and mane alive to revenge kill. This also works for cruslte but hitmontop can take a few damage on crustle with mach punch and toxic. https://pokepast.es/177fe50bacdc39aa

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
:ss/dubwool: :ss/duosion: :ss/silvally-poison: :ss/gourgeist-super: :ss/mudbray: :ss/stonjourner:
https://pokepast.es/c75e4958cc460318

Posting because Gum asked x) Used this team vs banks in CPL yday for a pretty clean win.

Generally been more focused on UU lately, but wanted to try and start building again for post shifts because of Kickoff r3. In an attempt to find "reliable" answers to Rime, Spdef Duosion kinda came up as one of the most reliable ones, and a pretty flexible option and nice pivot thanks to its nice supportive movepool and regenerator, without being limited to an AV like reuniclus would be to pull this sort of set off. Future Sight is a heat option to help support Stonjourner, leaving it with very few reliable switch ins, while Dubwool can also take advantage of it to pressure any Dark-types trying to absorb it, and force enemies to not immediately switch into Poisonvally/Gourgeist for fear of taking Future Sight, and appreciates Duosion being able to potentially surprise some Ghost-types with Toxic so that it can break through them.

Mudbray has been one of my fav rockers lately, and being a Ground-type with a decent offensive presence is really helpful. Rest Talk on this team just lets it more reliably deal with stuff like Silvallies / Stonjourner / Pawn. Gourg gives a necessary Ghost type to avoid auto losing to other Dubwools, and an extra check to Silvallies and some emergency speed control w/ sneak. Poisonvally offers hazard control, an extra check to pawn/mawile, and tspikes protection against tspikes + dubwool teams.

Last edited:
:appletun::mawile::hitmontop::silvally-poison::dubwool::klang:

a team that i wanted to share, having pretty good success initially peaking top 80ish or so and having pretty good fun with. the main start of the team was to utilize specs appletun which is kinda insane with the amount of pressure it puts on even its "counters" due to apple acid, and draco just hits incredibly hard either way. mawile klang and hitmontop was a nice defensive backbone for the team, covering a large portion of threats while also giving me defensive wincondition that can take advantage of passive pokemon that can't touch it in klang. Having something that reliably switched in on offensive mawile was another reason why I put in Klang, which was otherwise a huge threat. silvally-posion, one of the best mons in the tier provided the team with decent speed control (however problems could sometimes arise without being able to revenge kill things naturally faster than it or with speed boosts) and was a wallbreaker that complemented appletun well. some problems i do face with this team is dubwool, as appletun is the one reliable way of me breaking through it.

ishtar

your affection
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
PU Leader
Since most of these will never see the light of day again, I decided to post em here. I had a lot of fun w them in the prior meta and they had some decent success thru different places. Hope you enjoy what will one day be seen as a trip down memory lane:

:hitmontop: :appletun: :beheeyem: :silvally-poison:(Poison) :pawniard: :mr mime: (Click the sprites for the teams)

Life Orb Hitmontop is imo one of the coolest physical breakers and revenge killer that the tier has to offer. Its coverage of Earthquake + Aerial Ace allowed it to get past staples like Silvally-Poison as well as Grass-types such as Gourgeist. Apple is just there to do the absurd apple things while Behee offers some much desired slow pivoting as well as a really solid check to Fighting types as well as opposing Silvally-P. Honestly what makes this tier so much fun is the double priority + the slow pivoting. A lot of these mons are able to punch holes into teams while also remaining consistent vs scary faster mons such as Mr. Rime, Crustle thanks to the access to Mach Punch and Sucker Punch.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8pu-499175 My dear friend Evi killin it in CPL.

:roselia: :palpitoad: :silvally-rock: (Rock):mawile: :mr mime: :falinks: (Change Extrasensory to Sleep Powder/Synth if trying to use this in the current meta).

Another fun team I managed to create from this era, and that actually function in the current meta is this rlly fun Silv Rock team which I created with the intent to pressure Silvally Poison as well as Grass types for Falinks to win in the endg-game. Extrasensory on rose is able to heavily dent Silv-P waiting to switch in safely while Silvally Rock just has a surprisingly good offensive typing being able to pressure Mr. Rime offensively as well as being a great counter to Silv P. Fire Blast on Mawile makes a return being able to deal with Dubwool which is otherwise a big weakness for the team and Shed Shell allows Falinks to have multiple opportunities at breaking early without relying on the shitty downsides of No Retreat.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1114316908 Dear passion destroying the PU ladder.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8pu-499905 This was an unfortunate L in CPL due to an early Trick, but this replay is able to showcase Mawile doing what it does best in heavily pressuring physical walls such as Gourgeist, which wouldve later on opened the door for Falinks to win.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1111492330 Finally this was for the Kickoff tour, once again Mawile showing how scary it can be offensively as well as opening the door for Falinks once again. A core Im really liking lately and that Im sure can work well in this current meta by adding coverage options so Mawile is able to cripple Mareanie, think T-Punch or just Knock Off.

:falinks: :crustle: :mr rime: :silvally poison: (Poison):basculin: :type null:

Built this fun balance w my friend gum on like day 1. Scarf Falinks is p nice alongide Crustle for forcing Defogs and just functioning as a really solid revenge killer that can rlly fuck up some teams being careless w their Defogs. Rest of the team is quite self explanatory. Work Up Silvally was added later to deal w Dubwool and Mareanie and Basc just cleans, yeah.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1111922664 Previous version (thankfully no Dubwool or Mare lol).

:crustle: :appletun: :type null: :mawile::silvally poison:(Poison) :manectric:

Fun team I built w my friend Specs. We had created 2 versions since I felt like Klang was somewhat of an issue for the other one, though there are definitely outs. This one definitely struggles at pressuring Fighting-types, but I think its cool to have these different versions to showcase how different ideas dont always equate to inferior or superior versions, just different executions of a concept with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Hope you enjoyed looking thru this and that this hopefully brings some nice ideas to the reader! (:

Last edited:

frog_fucker

Banned deucer.
(Psychic)

This team is built around Scarf Mr. Rime and adding basically every busted mon in the game right now. Falinks is the god and most definitely busted, so this team uses him to the max. Not much to say tbh. Rime for speed control and late game sweeping. Mawile for breaking and bluffing rocks. Falinks is broken. Silvally-Psy is broken and can pivot or sweep. Vibrava is for defog/momentum and is a ground check and mawile check. And Mane is another stall or wall breaker/pivot. Have fun!

Lunatone Bulky Offense
(<-- Link)

This is a fun team I cooked up this weekend that tries to utilize Lunatone to the fullest. Lunatone is actually surprisingly strong and can nab a lot of kills with proper support. Here are some interesting calcs to show you the power of this set:

252+ SpA Lunatone Power Gem vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Crustle: 294-348 (104.6 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Lunatone Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hitmontop: 240-284 (78.9 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Lunatone Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Throh: 296-350 (66.6 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Lunatone Power Gem vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mr. Rime: 230-272 (76.4 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Lunatone Power Gem vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Glaceon: 240-284 (88.5 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Lunatone Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manectric: 260-308 (92.5 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Lunatone Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mawile: 282-332 (92.7 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

As you can see Lunatone is very strong and is often underestimated by the opponent. It has a very good matchup on most of the current meta's top threats. To utilize this power, Rock polish allows Lunatone to reach 478 speed and outrun every scarfer except Manectric and Raichu (which you beat in 1v1s). While Lunatone is strong, it usually just misses out on the kill. This is why Suicide Lead Crustle makes an excellent partner with rock and spikes support. While Crustle is an excellent lead, many people lead Crustle every match. Try to pay attention to your opponent's team and see whether Crustle has a favorable matchup first.

The rest of the team is very bulky to try and force the opponent into a strong matchup for Lunatone to sweep. Note that this team has very little speed control and relies heavily on priority from Hitmontop and offensive Gourgeist. Gourgeist is also important for spin blocking and can take on specially defensive Hitmontop thanks to Lum Berry. Please note that this team has no reliable way to counter defog, so make sure to keep Crustle healthy until the defogger goes down. In addition, this team also lacks Knock Off and effective stall breakers. Nonetheless, it's a very fun team that wins a surprising number of matches.

This team relies on strong prediction and requires you to find just the right moment to sweep. I've capped out at around 1400 and am surprised how well the team works. Enjoy!

Last edited:

zS

this is all a moo point
is a Top Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Hi everyone, I'm going to dump a few teams I used for the 2 previous rounds of PU Kickoff so that people who don't like building can have teams to play with.

:meowstic-f::raichu::throh::mareanie::silvally::mawile:
raise me up (Meowstic-F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

thunder (Raichu) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

fighter (Throh) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

toxic (Mareanie) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Haze

eye of the tiger (Silvally-Grass) @ Grass Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Multi-Attack

fly me to the moon (Mawile) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Play Rough
This team is really easy to understand, criple down bulky mons with tspikes, Knock off, toxic and rocks in order to sweep with meowstic. Meowstic has Protect for First Impression users and Colbur Berry especially for Pawniard and Falinks. Silvally-Grass provides hazard control in case we need it and also provides Momentum alongside Raichu.

:togetic::throh::manectric::stonjourner::silvally::type-null:
hot and cold (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 100 SpA / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

fighter (Throh) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

roar (Manectric) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo

we are young (Stonjourner) @ Choice Band
Ability: Power Spot
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Heat Crash
- Self-Destruct / Stealth Rock

eye of the tiger (Silvally-Psychic) @ Psychic Memory
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn

flashlight (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Here we have a team built around Nasty Plot Togetic. The Spread was made in order to have a good chance to kill pawniard with Fire Blast after rocks. It also outspeeds defensive mawile and deals a good amount of damage to it. the rest of the team helps a lot to get the momentum. Manectric brings Speed Control and an ability to give his scarf to the opponent with Switcheroo which is always cool to have and Stonjourner wallbreaks really well with a choice band. The Silvally set may look a bit Strange but with Togetic that lures opposing mawiles and pawniard going with SD defog wasn't that bad since I needed both a Sweeper and a Hazard Remover.

:dubwool::mareanie::throh::silvally::raichu::dusclops:
Dubwool @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 80 SpD / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Rest
- Body Press
- Sleep Talk

Mareanie @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Silvally-Psychic @ Psychic Memory
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower

Raichu @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Night Shade
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic

This is a really standard semi-stall team built around Dubwool and Tspikes provided by Mareanie. Throh has Toxic to criple down opposing Gourgeists and Bulky Psychic types. Both Raichu and Mareanie have Knock Off because this team struggles a bit against Dusclops so I felt like I needed those two to have Knock. Silvally Psychic pivots and has defog to remove hazards that can weaken this team and forces some mons to click Rest a lot.

I really like those 3 teams and I hope you'll enjoy using them as I do!

hi yeah these two teams are possibly gonna go obsolete in a few days so enjoy them while u still can. also a lot of ppl are struggling with dubwool and these two teams don't so if u hate dubwool these might just be the teams for u :pimp:

:meowstic::pincurchin::hitmontop::manectric::pawniard::dusclops:
this is a fun team (or at least i personally take it as such!). psych up meowstic has a sole purpose on this team and it is to copy no retreat boosts from falinks and proceed to take a hit and then hit back but no one really uses no retreat falinks anymore bc ppl finally realized that it's pretty bad so 90% of the time it does absolutely nothing. pincurchin sets regular spikes bc they wear down teams pretty quickly and unlike tspikes theyre not completely useless if ur facing another tspikes team. technitop spins and hits stuff. mane is not nearly as good as raichu imo but switcheroo works well here. static on mane is an initial oversight of mine that i only found out of when i randomly para'd smth but pincurchin is the better lightning rod user anyway and it's on the team so i just kept mane as is. pawniard and dusclops are p good at deterring hazard removal together - resttalk dusclops might look like an odd choice on this otherwise very offensive team but it's the best spinblocker in the metagame and it legit walls 75% of viable mons, and honestly more often than not it's also the wincon on this team.

:palpitoad::raichu::vespiquen::heatmor::mr-mime::falinks:
now for a more serious team, this is a bulky offense team centered around subpunch heatmor, which is not super consistent but quite fun nonetheless and takes advantage of the increasingly common toxic type: null well. because it's so frail and cant really switch in or set up on any mon, i've worked to maximize its switch-in opportunities, with specs raichu, vespiquen, and scarf teleport mr. mime all able to bring it in relatively safely. i've chosen lefties over hdb on heatmor as it allows it to set more subs if you can control rocks, but u can change it to hdb if u desire. other than that, palpitoad and vespiquen form a fairly decent defensive core together, specs raichu is amazingly good, aoa falinks break stuff and provides additional speed control and , and mr. mime is a fairly decent utility scarfer that can generate plenty of switch-in opportunites early-game for heatmor with teleport. as for threats, glaceon is quite annoying to face as nothing really switches in easily, and falinks makes mu against random sticky web teams more tolerable but vespiquen cant always remove hazards reliably and webs are otherwise annoying to this team so there's that.

Last edited:
Hello, just wanted to share a team me and my good friend RahelGamer03 made just earlier.
:grapploct: :Mr. Mime: :Mareanie: :Mawile: :Mr. Rime: :Silvally:(bug)
This is a somewhat bulky offensive build around banded Grapploct - which is a Pokemon that doesn't really get much usage in the current metagame, even though it hits very hard, and is also quite bulky. Grapploct is our breaker and even win condition is certain scenarios due to this. Mr. Mime is speed control which can really help to beat out the poison types that switch into grapploct and other fighting types as well. It can also support our winconditions by providing Healing Wish Support. Mr. Mime is so good here because it provides extra speed for a wallbreaker that Grapploct really doesn't have as it is so slow. Mareanie and Mawile is a rocks tspikes core that works really well together. They both offer great support in knock off, haze, and recover/painsplit. Mareanie especially allows the team to have a fighting type switchin that does not get wrecked by a good prediction, unlike Mr. Mime, which falls to a simple Knock, Brutal Swing, Poison Jab etc. Mr. Rime, the next Pokemon, and arguably the best mon in the tier, is our hazard control and an extra specially defensive pivot outside of our spdef Mawile. Its considerable bulk and ability to recover give the team needed reliable hazard control, which really does help for the last pokemon, and powerful, alternative wincondition in SD Bugvally. SD Bugvally is a scary sweeper which benefits hugely off of the removal of hazards. It beats out the psychic types which are a weakness of the rest of the team, and provides us with another Pokemon with a good speed tier except for Mr. Mime, as the team is relatively slow.

Hope you like the team! Me and Rahel will probably do more in the future as well :blobthumbsup:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
So we got HA abilities for starters today and I wanted to share a cool Libero Raboot team I've been playing with the last few hours.

:ss/raboot: :ss/roselia: :ss/mawile: :ss/shedinja: :ss/rapidash-galar: :ss/persian:

https://pokepast.es/58bb3597bd10ace2

Raboot @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock
- Pain Split
- Toxic

Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Rapidash-Galar @ Life Orb
Ability: Pastel Veil
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Mystical Fire
- Healing Wish

Persian @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Hypnosis

Libero Raboot seems super cool in general for this meta, and STAB u-turn and sucker punch offer fantastic team support. It unfortunately can't touch Mareanie, but Spikestacking with Raboot is a fantastic way to generally weaken its switch ins with U-turn. Offensive Roselia is an amazing choice for this pressuring checks like Golurk and Palpitoad, and Sleep Powder being able to cripple any defoggers like Vespiquen and Vibrava that could be problematic. Calm Mind Rapidash offers a teammate to directly pressure Raboot's hardest checks in Mareanie and defensive Throh, and a secondary wallbreaker that can weaken stuff like Mawile/Pawniard so that Persian can clean up late game. Healing Wish support is also fantastic for a more offensive team like this. Persian rounds off the offensive side of the team by providing fantastic speed control and loves Rapidash/Raboot pressuring Steels for it. Hypnosis last slot provides an additional way to punish switch ins like Mawile/Golurk, which this team might not want to directly switch into otherwise.

SpD Mawile with a spinblocker + sleep seemed nicer personally than Pawniard with defiant here to better help with stuff like Rime/Throh, seeing as the team can already fairly reliably attempt to keep hazards up and most foggers can presure pawn heavily. Shedinja is an odd choice but it completely spinblocks non Shadow Ball rime/mime, and can help to check stuff like fully physical rapidash, specs basculin, and block volt switch. Special set, while weaker, avoids random rocky helmets.

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello, I am going to show some teams that I have build after the tier shifts and I would like you to see them, here they are

Ok so, the main idea of the team was CM Kee Berry Stored Power Rapidash + Mr Mime Galar Specs, but I decided to change to mr mime for Mareanie which seems to me to be really good mon currently with the fight type Spam and a great Raboot counter, he added To type null to have momentum with u-turn and have a bulky pokemon for opposites Specs like Mr. rime, Mr. Mime Galar or CM GRapidash, Shinotiic added it for another answer to physical monsters like Golurk and Ground-types that were giving problems , Mr Rime is here to play Wallbreaker in Late-Game as it is an offensive threat to the entire metagame, Hitmontop is to offend the team and remove hazards on the field.

Here some replays.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1125786720
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1125790470

(click sprites for importable)

The idea of this team was very simple CM GRapidash + Volturn, first I added hitmontop to remove hazards and it seems to me a super functional mon, then I added to type null to have a mon with u-turn and a special tank, after this simply added to manectric and silvally bug a core Volturn par excellence and from my favorites this gene, to finish I added crustle to have 2 types of hazards in the field.

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoy the teams.

Currently 55-4 on ladder with this (with current drops so up to date with the metagame):

1591275918948.png

I love building in PU and this the latest HO offense team I made after the Blast Core Onix team isn't as effective anymore.

The idea is to stack ASAP, spinblock with Gourgeist who is faster than Mr Rime Galar. Mr Mime Galar is faster however you can play around it and it's not like it can spin unpunished vs anything on the team.

Basculin is my favourite Pokemon on the team, awesome ability allows me to punch through alot of Pokemon whilst Head Smash is needed to bone Vespiquen who for some reason i see alot of sadly. Mystic Water allows me to bluff Choice Band sometimes and that then let's me pick off weakened faster Pokemon (or let faster encore mons come in under a false sense of security only to kill them so that my Goth can sweep). With SR and and a layer or two or spikes down, Aqua jet just becomes really brainless.

My mentor and good friend TJ inspired me to use Pikachu and I've never looked back. Like Basculin, it is great with hazards down. Fake out and Extremespeed allow me to make quick work of offensive powerhouses such as Raboot / Rapidash Galar / Mr Mime / Fraxure / Non Rock Silvally / Manectric / Raichu.

I use quite a weird nature and 4th move as I am tired of Colbur Golurk and Palpitoad ruining progress on the team. Volt switch didnt help much anyways as I usually kill something and then a golurk or another ground / Manec comes in.

I've been trying Adamant as I can't really beat Gourg with Colbur anyways and I can't think of much else that I lose out on pacing without a +ve speed nature.

There are certain kills you get using the +ve Atk nature (you can have fun and calc vs some common threats)

The STAR of the show - Goth

Absolute beast and is bulky beyond belief. The amount of games which I play like utter trash only to have this vs 5 other Pokemon and sweep is insane. Thankfully Knock off is common and activates my WP however this also can be used in an emergency when I cannot stop a Defog (for instance when Gourg is somehow needed for the end game and I cannot boom on a defogger to stop defog). Competitive allows me to becomes an immediate threat and after one cosmic power, you damn right know that several sacrifices will have to be made to bring this thing down.

Hitmontop doesn't have to run Bullet punch but it's so good vs Rapidash who is way too common for my liking. (Fake out + BP has a good chance to kill after rocks and no-one expects Bullet Punch since no-one is stupid enough to use it except for me).

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed reading this and try the team out.

~SOMALIA

https://pokepast.es/b229654478d8f8f6

EDIT 09/06: NO RAPIDASH AND GOLURK SO YOU CAN NOW RUN AERIAL ACE ON HITMONTOP INSTEAD OF BULLET PUNCH AND VOLT SWITCH ON PIKACHU. GOD BLESS.

Last edited:

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Do you like ponies? Do you like brainless setup sweepers? Are you tired of having your setup sweepers be stopped by dishonest T*xic?

If you answered yes to these questions, do I have the team for you.

:rapidash-galar: :mawile: :mareanie: :golurk: :hitmontop: :leafeon:
As the hide tab suggests, Galarian Rapidash is using a Calm Mind + Kee Berry set, though I made it bulkier so as to take hits better prior to setting up. The end result is usually the same anyway, so it doesn't matter much that it's weaker initially. Specially defensive Mawile helps against opposing Galarian Rapidash, and it also takes on Galarian Mr. Mime and physical Silvally formes with Flamethrower while still absorbing Knock Off. Mareanie sets Toxic Spikes, which are useful for pressuring teams, and it also absorbs them upon switching in to prevent them from pressuring this team. Knock Off is good for exploiting a lot of what might switch into Mareanie, like Raichu and opposing Eviolite users. Choice Band Golurk is a very formidable wallbreaker that also functions as an Electric-immunity and a spinblocker, though you sort of forget about those when you're just clicking Earthquake or occasionally predicting the Ground-immune or -resistant Pokemon to switch in. Assault Vest Hitmontop provides the team with an additional soft check to special attackers, as well as removal and priority. Thief can be super nice if you lose your item to Knock Off, which tends to happen, allowing you to potentially steal an Eviolite or Choice Scarf, both of which have happened to me. You could always run Aerial Ace or Bullet Punch instead, though I personally prefer Thief. Lastly, Choice Scarf Leafeon provides speed control, further Knock Off support, and a soft check to Golurk that also outspeeds it after a Rock Polish.

edit: https://pokepast.es/5e412df9d5e63b25 - le team
edit: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1126203157 - showing le team in action.

I had a lot fun experimenting w/ Raboot and was wondering how Thwackey would perform considering it gets Grassy Surge now. First things first, Grassy Surge is very useful for two things:
1. Making Thwackey very strong w/ Wood Hammer
2. Providing recovery to its teammates (also to the opponent but ignore that)

The thought that stems from there is building an offense around the Seed Thievul gimmick, but I dropped that pretty quickly as Thievul is bad.
:Thwackey: :Golurk: :Raboot: :Silvally:-Psychic :Hitmontop: :Type-Null:

I realized Thwackey and Raboot form a pretty nice offensive core that can deal real damage as well as U-Turn on switches. Both have difficulty breaking Mareanie so Silvally-Psychic seemed a reasonable answer as well as adding yet another U-Turn mon, Golurk would serve as the Mareanie breaker but it's susceptible to chip and EQ is halved by Terrian. Type:Null made sense as another pivot that provides an answer to sweepers, Hitmontop provides Intimidate as well as BP for the new Rapidash-Galar. Sweepers do pose a threat if play around them wrong but w/ two Toxic mons, Intimidate, and double priority you can finess them. Golurk is there for rocks and so I don't auto-lose to Dubwool. Curse is quite annyoing to Dubwool as it forces rests where you can either stall those out or fish for crits w/ EQ. Their best option is swapping out instantly so Golurk doesn't get all its health back which gives you a free hit on smth or rocks if you haven't gotten them. I've only lost once w/ it back when it had Thievul but now its done quite good on ladder and it's pretty fun. Enjoy!

hattrem is here to bounce rocks off, and can also be used as a setup sweeper with calm mind
unfezant gains a 144 bp stab move with sharp beak, and it can kill things with it
252 Atk Sharp Beak Unfezant Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mr. Rime: 271-321 (90 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Unfezant Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vespiquen: 306-362 (88.9 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Unfezant Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raboot: 327-385 (120.6 - 142%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Unfezant Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Appletun: 360-426 (84.9 - 100.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Unfezant Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Falinks: 428-506 (157.9 - 186.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Unfezant Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hitmonchan: 524-620 (217.4 - 257.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
the problem is that unfezant struggles with stunfisk and mawile, but crustle can deal with them
+2 252 Atk Crustle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 300-354 (98.6 - 116.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Crustle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Stunfisk: 304-358 (72 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
raichu is here to kill mareanie
252 SpA Choice Specs Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Mareanie: 380-450 (125.4 - 148.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
klingklang can be used to kill mr rime if it lives and kills unfezant, and can be used to kill other unfezants
252+ Atk Klinklang Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mr. Rime: 384-456 (127.5 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Klinklang Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Unfezant: 216-256 (71.7 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
meowstic is used to set up screens

Last edited:
Took a break from PU a few weeks back -> went back to playing my home tiers (old gen OUs, mainly RBY OU) and enjoyed the lack of hazards.

I thought to myself, let's try a team that focuses on 6 set up sweepers that complement each other whilst maintaining some form of defensive integrity.

1596307427901.png

https://pokepast.es/ac20aef2d9d2a10b

Played about 12 room tours with this and lots of friendlies, fun team and works with the new drops as well.

I don't think it really needs a "pilot" guide, just pressure rockers with Shell Smash Crustle, you usually tend to trade which is great as klinklang can do without sandslash and friends. I tend to end games mainly with Goth, sometimes Klingklang and sometimes Falinks. You can change the Falinks set to an all out attacker with First impression or whatever, the main thing that really makes the team work is the Throh set. I use it to smash stall open with no remorse + pave the way for Goth.

Throh EVs allow you to outpace alot of Tangela and sub before they can Toxic you or leech, you also tend to tank things like Apple Acid from bulky Appletun and Giga Drain from Tangela.

Falinks is the most useless member on the team so you can change it anything to fit the current metagame, I mean a water resist can always be handy so yeah lol

Enjoy!​

Last edited:

https://pokepast.es/8812c009b9d5cba4

So I wanted to try a Sand team after Duggy-A came down to the tier to try and abuse Sand Force since many of the tier defensive options can't handle its dual STAB that well. The team is far from perfect but I feel it's a good starting point if you want an idea on how to start your own Sand team.

So first off we have Hippopotas which is pretty much the only auto sand setter we have (Sand Spit Sillicobra is another option I guess). With Evio it gets pretty good bulk and can check Pokemon like Duggy-K and non Sand Force Duggy-A, Dusknoir, Hitmonchan, Banded Unfezant, Drednaw (Leftys or Scarf variant); and phaze out offensive threats like +2 Falinks, Shift Gear Klinkklang (whic it walls completely if it runs Wild Charge instead of Toxic) just to name a few. It can also tank Banded Seed Bomb from Morpeko (not even 2KO with rocks on the field) and it will always KO back with Quake.

And for the things Hippo struggles we have a combination of Mareanie and Type Null (the former to have another mon that can act as a phys def wall, and the latter as a special sponge). Mr Rime is there to have another defensive check to Ice moves and to provide Spin support.

Manectric acts as a sort of Speed control and pivot to get Duggy in relatively safely, it can also help against stall or setup mons by tricking Specs onto them and potentially shutting down one mon.

And now for Duggy-A, basically the only things Im certain can survive the combination of IronHead + Quake without needing to predict are Tangela and Gourgeist (defensive Large and Super), and I think thats it for mons that can counter it no matter the move it goes for. Adamant is for the added power and because it already has a nice speed tier and can outspeed things like Leafeon, Silvally, Modest Manectric. Moveset is pretty standard with the dual STAB, Sucker to have another form of speed control, and I decided to put Toxic in the last spot since it helps against Tangela and the Gourgs which are the main counters to this.

So yeah, thats it for the team. Hope those of you that try it enjoy it :)​

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Every team in this OP is outdated so before the tier shifts Monday, here's the team I've been spamming all month. Got me up to the 1500s really quickly on a test alt
KlangTang Balance (click team for paste)
:klinklang::tangela::stunfisk::golduck::drifblim::silvally:
I built this team around the defensive core of SpDef Klinklang+Tangela, which is a really good pivoting core right now. Klinklang can handle the Ice-types and generally most special attackers that otherwise threaten Tangela, while Tangela checks the Grounds and Fightings that target Klinklang. I rounded off some more defensive backbone with Stunfisk as my Stealth Rock setter, benefits from the KlangTang core as well with the Pokemon that threaten it out. The defensive core was a little weak to Fires so I put in some offensive checks to them in Scarf Golduck and Silvally Rock, both also adding more momentum to the team. Drifblim has been here as my main sweeper and cleaner and it's one of the reasons that I think Drifblim might be close to broken. Weakness Policy is great on it and it functions as an amazing late game cleaner.

Other than that, there's not too much to say, even with Golduck and Silvally, Heatmor and Flareon can still be a little scary if they play right, but for the most part this team can handle the current meta pretty well and I hope you have fun using it!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)