Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Healing Wish

When I saw Quagsire dropped I knew it was time to remake the team known as anund. Anunds are defensive balance teams built around a bulky core of Pom Pom, Clefairy, a physical wall, and a Steel-type. In my previous anund rmt the latter two roles were filled by Gastrodon and Bronzor. In this Anund 2.0, I have replaced them with Quagsire and Sandslash-A, as well as changed the whole team structure to better suit metagame trends. Pom-Pom is obviously the focal point of the team. The stallbreaking set, Taunt + CM was chosen as a way to break through bulkier teams with support. Quagsire is a great partner for Pom-Pom as a foil to Rock-types like Aggron which would get in its way, as well as a way to counter Togedemaru (Rocky Helmet is chosen here to chip Toge). Unaware is also a great ability to have on defensive teams as set-up sweepers can easily overwhelm it otherwise. Clefairy does what it usually does, set up Rocks and tank special attacks, notably protecting Pom-Pom against Froslass. Alolan-Sandslash functions as the hazard remover, and checks pokemon like Aurorus, Jynx, and Lilligant. It is not great at removing hazards but with 3 pokemon immune to Spikes the team can often make do. Next, we have Stoutland, the wallbreaker. Stoutland clicks an attack and break walls, making room for either Pom-Pom or Scarf Mesprit space to sweep depending on the team. It also provides utility though- Pursuit trapping Togedemaru or Froslass can be incredibly useful. Finally Scarf Mesprit rounds out the team as a very reliable revenge-killer that also provides Healing Wish, which is extremely important to a team full of slower, bulky pokemon. Grass Knot is chosen here because of its power vs. Regirock, Mudsdale, and Jellicent.

replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-822699855
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-822695768 bopping asa

Last edited:
JelliRose Hazard Stack

Roselia is a recent flavor of the month that Taskr and I have been popularizing and is just damn cute, and with Jellicent forms an up and coming core with spectacular synergy. It is the Spikes user that synergizes best with Jellicent, as it can check Lilligant/Bellossom, Lurantis, Lanturn, and the like, while absorbing TSpikes making its capabilities highly valued. Jellicent is Jellicent (even if it's not referring to the Specs set lel), except it reaches mega levels of pure annoyance when equipped with hazard support with its defensive set and the utility it provides. Primeape is the form of speed control that is solid at forcing switches, gaining momentum for the team, deterring Defog, and threatening Dark-types. Mudsdale is the Rocker with a much-needed Rock resistance to have a defensive backbone against Lycanroc and Aggron should they ever have an opportunity to threaten the team. With Stamina, it does a pretty good job of offering refuge against attackers like Kangaskhan and Skuntank also. Alolan Sandslash is adept at hazard control and has many useful resists that can be used to check a variety of Pokemon, which Toxic and the optional Protect to adapt to Jellicent. Pom is an increasingly prevalent win con that can check Sensu and Fighting-types that Jellicent can check as effectively, particularly Gurdurr. Its Flying resist also comes in handy for soft checking Scyther and Dodrio and being able to set up and beat Eelektross alleviates tons of pressure for the rest of the team.

This team was made roughly 2 weeks ago and has been very effective vs good players so far, and since then there have been builds with similar structures that revolve around the same cores. Big shoutouts to Taskr for testing it with me and giving it a positive light!

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Mudsdale @ Figy Berry
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 32 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Protect / Earthquake

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane

tondas

YOU DONT WANT NO PROBLEMS YOU JUST TALKING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Might as well pitch in to this too.

Scarf Dodrio Offense

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Knock Off / Pursuit

Exeggutor-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground] / U-Turn
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Frost @ Aguav Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Defog

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Sucker Punch

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Toxic
- Protect / Vacuum Wave

Scarf Dodrio is a really underappreciated set that's not easy to decipher in preview, and its speed tier lets it edge out other scarfs and is able to rough up offensive builds in general, especially weather. Specs Eggy is pretty phenomenal given a lack of things like CM Clef in current meta and can take advantage of stuff like locked jelli/toge and just take a mon and open up the path for other teammates. Mes just does what it does best, sets rocks, pivots, brings a mon up to full, all that good stuff. Pinch Berry Frostom is quite underrated given how it gets 1/4 knocked off by switching into rocks in order to defog, and is a way to generate momentum and just threaten things with blizzbeam. Lycanroc also sorta does its thing, able to go haywire after what eggy/frost breaks, particularly poliwrath, gurdurr and mudsdale. Poli is pretty much a glue mon, suggested by my good ol buddy pal jklioe (thank you btw) It statuses things while acting as a resist to stuff like snowslash, lycan, etcetera. Not the most elaborate synopsis but I feel like I got all the important points across. Have at it, lads. :blobthumbsup:

e: i did a thing
Screenshot_20181019-231054.png

e2: resttalk poli is a good alternative to the toxtect set if you want a status sponge. You miss out on scouting with protect but it may in fact boost the team's overall performance.

Last edited:

tondas

YOU DONT WANT NO PROBLEMS YOU JUST TALKING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
guess this is my home now :pirate:

The Button Clickers

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Exeggutor-Alola @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Healing Wish

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Aggron @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Hey what's good. Button clickers are quite good in current meta if you can position them correctly, and when you use 5 of them on the same team you basically autowin versus fat. Specs Jelli is the epicentre of this team, has a stellar typing, fucks things with Trick, Water Spout mid-late game takes lives. Even spdef fats like audino and clef just get dunked if they try switching in on full jelli. Specs Eggy smashes Pyuku, Lanturn, Drampa, Spdef Tangela, other obnoxious things that Jellicent can't just click spout on. Specs Mes rounds off the specs mons, secondary fight resist, psychic + psyshock snatches both spectrums of bulky mons, hwishes back a mate to full and whatnot. Now it was at this point where my weaknesses to offense became apparent so that's where scarf ape comes in. Specs spam greatly appreciates a phys breaker, and while it's not as good as it was in previous iterations of pu it can still shine as speed control. defiant punishes qwil which is annoying for this team given a lack of removal, provides MOMENTUM, and deals with the occasional webs (webs ain't a playstyle tho.) Alright now the real scarf is dodrio. This is essentially my weather mu, catches things like Alolaraichu and Toge and chips with pursuit/koes with knock or jump kick, also the fastest relevant scarfer which helps versus offense. Finally, taunt rocks aggron. Skunk/toge answer, goes haywire with phys walls like tangela and quag removed, and is the closest thing to defensive utility this team has next to jellicent. This team is abhorrently weak to a well played skunk/scarf toge, frostom comes in on everything bar ape, spikes are annoying, but the central gameplan is to position yourself and use the move that kills. If you're lucky you can deny rocks by leading the right breaker.

[/
Liepard (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Dark Pulse
- Encore
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Purugly (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- U-turn

Skuntank (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

Meowstic @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psyshock

Luxray (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Facade

Persian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Return

]

Bag of Trixx

I like to call it a passion
is a Pre-Contributor
Hail, with Support
by: Bag of Trixx

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Sleep Talk

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 40 Def / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Sandslash-Alola @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Stunfisk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Def / 88 SpA
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Pain Split
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge

Oricorio-Sensu @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 12 Def / 168 SpA / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

So, I decided to post one of my teams that I have been working on for quite some time now. The reason I am posting this team is because I feel there is a lack of respect for one of the most played styles in PU meta listed here in the sample teams, and newer players who are using said sample teams should be able to experience this type of team: a weather-based team. Weather is of paramount importance for the PU tier not just for newer players to study but for veterans to always keep an eye out for, as they will certainly ruin your day if you are not familiar or prepared for the weather match-up.

I decided that the weather-based team I would list for you today is none other than hail, and the reason I chose hail is because personally, I am most comfortable playing hail over the other weathers but also the fact that hail is certainly the most unique of the weathers because one does not need to fully dedicate their team to hail-abusers in order for hail to be successful. Usually one can get by with just running Sandslash-Alola AKA "Snowslash" and either scarf/specs Aurorus as the only pokemon to make use of the hail and the team will do just fine. So, I built the team around these two pokemon specifically so that way I can run hail, with support, per-say.

That is exactly what this type of team implies; hail with support. All of the pokemon on the team allow hail to further achieve its goal in either denting the opponent's team or just chipping away with hail damage alongside Specs Blizzard.

***Apologies for the lengthy post***
Team Breakdown
Kadabra is used on this hail team as a way to break through mons which hail abusers do not fare too well against, mainly fighting-types such as Gurdurr and Hitmonchan. Focus Sash is used wisely with Kadabra as it guarantees a 1hp live, because of Magic Guard. Kadabra is also a prominent threat on hail teams because it does not take damage to hail, because of its amazing ability. Timid with 252 Speed and Special Attack allow you to capitalize on your speed, in case you need to preserve your Sash. Future Sight is selected for Kadabra because it allows for a last-ditch effort to obliterate whatever is in its path, so long as it does not resist or is immune. Calm Mind or the more gimmicky option in Counter are also alternative options if you believe you could sweep your opponent once priority users have been removed from the battle or the need of dealing with a pesky physical attacker that your team simply cannot handle. Psychic is the main form of STAB for this mon, allowing you to dent mons like Gurdurr, Hitmonchan, Qwilfish, anything that does not resist, and allows for overall amazing damage coming from a base 120 special attack. Shadow Ball gives us a form of damage against mons such as Mesprit, since they usually carry a Dark-Resist Berry. Energy Ball is the final option because it hurts bulky waters which frequently check hail abusers. Such as Lanturn, Quagsire, Silvally-Water, Jellicent (Shadow Ball also is a good option against this particular mon).

Choice Specs on Aurorus is always the preferred item because Specs Blizzard typically kills whatever is in its path, regardless of neutrality or super-effective damage. Snow Warning is obviously the preferred ability as it sets up hail automatically. Although Blizzard is the main move being clicked with this mon, Earth Power is a solid choice because it allows you to hit mons that resist Ice, such as Lanturn, Sandslash-Alola, and all Fire types. Freeze-Dry is required because it is a STAB move which smacks bulky waters which check hail abusers (listed above in Kadabra's description) since Freeze-Dry is super-effective against water types. Finally, Sleep Talk is the last move as this allows Aurorus to be a sleep-absorber if the situation cannot be avoided. With Timid 232 Speed, you will always outspeed base 55 mons even with the boosted nature, and still have the full damage needed for Blizzard to do its thing. The final EVs are thrown into HP because they allow Aurorus to live some very unique circumstances, such as becoming a 3HKO from defensive Jellicent's Scald or bulky pivot AV Lanturn's Scald before Rocks, and always 2HKOing with Specs Freeze-Dry.

Gurdurr is the setup wallbreaker for the team. With Bulk Up boosting those Attack and Defense Stats, Gurdurr can become quite the powerhouse hail needs, as hail is never a fully-dedicated team. With Drain Punch as its main form of STAB and recovery, this move being boosted is always the preferred damage outlet. Knock Off is good coverage as it removes those pesky Leftovers tankmons which physical attackers do not appreciate, and it allows Gurdurr to hit Psychic and Ghost types for super-effective damage, even though they usually carry Colbur Berries. Mach Punch is the final attacking move because it allows a form of STAB priority which cripples opposing sweepers and especially, hail teams. Gurdurr can usually beat a hail team by itself, because of Mach Punch. Guts is the preferred ability because it does not care about being burned. With 132 Attack EVs, Drain Punch will always kill Skuntank alongside a Bulk Up boost and Mach Punch following, and still allows us to tank hits because we can invest into bulk. 248 HP just so we hit an odd number for rocks. 88 Speed may seem random, but it allows Gurdurr to always outspeed speedy Probopass before it gets a Volt Switch off, and kill with Drain Punch. The last EVs are thrown into Defense, allowing this to soak hits from Aggron, which is another good check to hail teams.

Sandslash-Alola aka Snowslash is the main abuser of hail, because of its fantastic coverage and offensive STAB. With Slush Rush, our speed is doubled under hail, so we can run Adamant nature to maximize damage output. Icicle Crash with Icium Z is preferred because it is a hard-hitting beast of a move which usually allows for a 2HKO on anything neutral. Iron Head is the other form of STAB because it allows for another form of consistent damage against bulky fairies such as Clefairy and Silvally-Fairy (although Icicle Crash and Z-Icicle Crash are just as fine). Earthquake allows Sandslash to kill Aggron and Probopass as well as hurt Lanturn. Swords Dance is the final move because Snowslash under hail usually causes a switch, giving you an immediate +2 and a couple kills in the process.

Stunfisk is the trump card of defensive pivots for this team, as it always catches teams by surprise. Even though this flounder is never on teams, it has a few niches which allow it to become quite the pain for many teams. The Ground/Electric STAB is amazing, allowing it to resist BOTH of Aggron's STAB attacks, punish physical mons with Rocky Helmet and potentially Static, which benefits the slower mons we have on this team. Earth Power is the first form of coverage, being its strongest attacking move. Discharge is necessary because again, paralysis is important for crippling the mons which outspeed our naturally slower mons like Snowslash before hail, and potentially making Kadabra more potent. Stealth Rock is our hazard of choice because rocks ensure some 3HKO's into 2HKO's and chipping at our opponent is clutch. It can also force a Defog from something like Skuntank, and we can backfire with a kill in Earth Power. Pain Split is our form of recovery, since we cannot benefit from Leftovers. This also helps do a little damage to unsuspecting pivots which may try to Toxic Stunfisk on their switch-in. 168 HP EVs allow Stunfisk to hit 401 HP, for rocks calcs. Max Defense allows for the most use of Static + Rocky Helmet, and 88 Special Attack just to help Earth Power do a little more. This allows for an OHKO on offensive opposing Snowslash after rocks, a minor chance to OHKO Skuntank after rocks, and a guaranteed OHKO after rocks on Dodrio, Scyther, and Aggron.

I decided to swap the "FatSu" EV spread with a more offensive variant for more damage output, and replace Calm Mind with Toxic for the cases of wear-and-tear on our opponents' walls which cripple this mon, mainly Regirock and Mudsdale. Colbur is listed instead of its Rocky Helmet because we are sacrificing some bulk in exchange for power, but still need to live hits from Gurdurr's Knock Off. Dancer is usually an irrelevant ability, but can potentially help against Lilligant or Bellossom. Hurricane is the only attacking move because it is the highest damage Sensu can release, whilst keeping our defensive capabilities. Roost is for longevity, Defog is for removing Spikes, which cripple our hail abusers, and Toxic is the final move for wearing down walls. The EV spread is the same as "FatSu," but instead of defense, it is thrown into Special Attack. The 168 Special Attack EVs ensure a potential chance to OHKO Bellossom after Stealth Rocks, 2HKO Quagsire after rocks, and a high chance to 2HKO without rocks, and to 2HKO Weezing after rocks.

Weaknesses
-Major weaknesses to using hail are simply losing hail. Without hail, Snowslash cannot do what it is meant to do, because there is no speed for it to sweep. Without hail, there is a lack of chip damage on opposing pokemon which can potentially matter in a longer gamestate. Another weakness to losing hail would be your opponent may benefit because of their own weather being in play. Be wary of Aurorus' health, as changing the weather is crucial for sustainability.

-Water types. Water type mons are detrimental against hail because there is no water resist on this team. This is why the team comes prepared with techs such as Energy Ball from Kadabra, Freeze-Dry from Aurorus, Toxic on Sensu for bulky wear-down, Discharge on Stunfisk, and even potentially Future Sight for a last-ditch effort against a bulky water that walls the team. To potentially combat this, Poliwrath can be an option over Gurdurr because of its Water Absorb ability, as well as phazing and dual resistances to Aggron's STABs, but the loss of setup is a major drawback.

-Fighting types. Gurdurr and Hitmonchan can pretty much effortlessly 6-0 an unprepared or weakened hail team. This is why pokemon like Sensu, rocky helmet Stunfisk, and Sash Kadabra are on this team. They help a long way with dealing with this huge weakness.

-Hazard Stacking teams. Spikes are a pain for hail. Both of our hail-abusers are weak to Spikes, so the implementation of a pokemon who is immune to Spikes and can Defog and Spin-block are absolutely vital factors for using hail. Sensu is the best defogger for any hail team.

Final Disclaimer

Regardless if my team (which I did climb the ranks in PU ladder with this exact team) does not get chosen for a Sample Team, I do still firmly believe that weather-based teams need to be reviewed for additions to the Sample Team suggestions, as they are some of the founding teams of PU, and are worthy of being recognized by all players; straight out the gate or showdown veterans.

-Bag of Trixx

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
250px-478Froslass.png250px-481Mesprit.png 231px-Sugimori_777.png 085_Dodrio_Shiny.png 250px-Sugimori_377.png 250px-Sugimori_435.png

Stack the Spikes with Froslass:

This team is built around a Bulky Spikes Froslass. For its set, I decided to run Spikes, Taunt, WoW, and Hex. Taunt is simply nice to run while Hex and WoW allow it to cripple tanky mons. Spikes allows me to cause chip damage on the opposing Pokémon every time they switch in. I can combo this with Taunt because it prevents an opposing Pokémon from using Defog. This is essential as Defog gets rid of hazards like my Froslass’s spikes and Regirock’s Stealth Rocks.
For the rest of the team, I decided to go with Regirock, Mesprit, Dodrio, Togedemaru, and Skuntank. I chose Mesprit with Choice Specs because it can break through mons such as Hitmonchan, Spiritomb, and Sableye easily. I am also running U-turn on it that way I can swap in my Breaker Dodrio a bit safer.
Dodrio’s set contains Z-Brave Bird (Flynium Z), Frustration, and Knock Off. Both Brave Bird and Frustration are powerful stab moves that hit many Pokémon in the tier hard, except Steel and Rock types. Knock Off is to get rid of any annoying Recovery items the opposing mons might have.
Both Togedemaru and Regirock support the team as well. Regirock is a check to opposing Dodrios and other flying types such as Oricorio variants. Regirock has evs in Defense so that a +2 Stomping Tantrum from Dodrio will not OHKO it.
Togedemaru on the other hand has speed control with a lot of Momentum Support. It is also able to out speed other threats like Scarf Mesprit and Scarf Primeape.
Skuntank can soak up Toxic Spikes and Defog other Hazards that might cause problems for the rest of the team. I also have Pursuit on it for any Psychics types that might want to swap out against it. Its last two moves are Sucker Punch and Poison Jab because they are powerful and get STAB

Team:
Froslass @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Barbs
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

Dodrio (M) @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

Skuntank (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/ee42b4346762932e

Calcs:
+2 252 Atk Dodrio Tectonic Rage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Regirock: 252-298 (69.2 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Dodrio All-Out Pummeling (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Regirock: 324-382 (89 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Looks this thread is pretty ded and I actually felt like dumping this team somewhere as I've played around with it to an extent but don't think I'll be playing any hyper serious games with it anytime soon. Bet some people will already know what I'm posting here :psynervous:

Dugtrio-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Bulldoze
- Iron Head / Toxic
- Memento

Electrode @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt / Explosion
- Volt Switch / Explosion

Lilligant @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Simipour @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Taunt

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Accelerock

So as you've most likely been witness to in the past couple weeks during the evening or what have you, I've been trying to bring a bunch of hot AIDS to PU (still working on the twave spam jaja). After being told that PU Dual Screens is an unviable playstyle, I of course set out on my journey to prove that idea wrong. Unfortunately such a playstyle has a couple drawbacks and its pretty impossible to perfect without 9 or 10 Pokemon. Similar to the other tiers' iteration of this playstyle, you throw rocks, get screens up, and start trying to setup your 4 wincons as fast as possible, hope one of them can bust the other team up effectively. Lilligant is already a super good mon and a ton of the meta relies on beating it offensively with stuff like Skuntank and Scarf Togedemaru, so when its defense is suddenly doubled it can get a little ridiculous to try to take down without hard counters like Drampa, Silvally-Poison, or Oricorios. Simipour is also surprisingly dangerous as I've discovered. I originally picked it as more of a fun member of the team to multiply the flex factor, but it ended up quickly becoming a staple of the team. Its offensive presence is somewhat of a foil to standard Jellicent, since its a lot faster and decently stronger at the cost of general bulk and the neat typing Jelli possesses. Of course, the poor bulk is decently mitigated if you have screens up. Screens level bulk with a fat one-time heal at 50% with Gluttony + Aguav can make Simipour pretty hard to take down with standard revenge killing tactics. Pom-Pom Oricorio was the next thing i added, since it was pretty necessary to not get run over by a well played Gurdurr or opposing Lilligant. I go with HP Fighting or Ground as coverage options for Oricorio, since there's no real Rock resist on the team. Why counter Aggron when you can just OHKO it and make people mad? Fighting also pops Aurorus and Sandslash, while Ground helps out Simipour even more, since it'll slap Togedemaru that switch into Oricorio thinking they have a free Toxic or whatever. Jynx can get annoying outside of revenging it with Lycanroc, so Lum Berry is a decent slash you can use to try to 1v1 it more reliably if you get to +1. Lycanroc rounds out the lineup of sweepers since keeping it around is your best way to not get curb stomped by Dodrio or Z-Lovely Kiss Jynx.
In line with its progenitors, this team is pretty matchup based, most cases you'll be x'ing vs stall builds (and webs too unless they get absolutely shit on by Oricorio) that can deal with Simipour. Well played Alolan Raichu, Omastar, Jynx, and Primeape can all be death sentences for this build, and I haven't been able to incorporate an effective means of beating Lycanroc outside of hoping you can stop it from setting up first into the main offensive lineup, since there aren't any good Grounds for this build and Gurdurr doesn't really have a spot on this team. This can be remedied by using a Scarf AloDuggy which is a little less consistent at its "get up rocks and Memento" role but can stop you from getting completely shredded by Lycanroc which is more often than not the true bane of this squad.
Dugtrio-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock
- Memento

Anyhow, this is a pretty fun squad to pilot that lets you click to your heart's content and blame matchup if you lose! Hope you enjoy giving it a spin, I haven't played a ton but I'm fairly confident it'll make for some nice and braindead laddering if that's your cup of tea :blobthumbsup:

Hey all! I'm going to cut to the chase: I've taken over this archive from yogi and I'll be frank by saying that I won't be changing much, since bwahaha bears did a fantastic job running this thread thus far. However, I'm going to try give this my own set of changes. For one, I've added (or will have added) a link to a few image resources in the OP and have linked a sample post to try help the newer users out when posting. Second thing is that I'll be trying to update this a lot more frequently than my predecessor. With that being said, I should have updated the thread.

Thanks for sharing the teams!

I figured I would just leave a team I have been having fun with on ladder.

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Parting Shot
- Taunt

Jellicent (M) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Trick

Lurantis @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Synthesis
- Superpower
- Leaf Storm

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 136 Def / 252 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split
- Haze

The basic guide lines for building the team was just to use a nasty plot Persian set. Surprisingly, the set has worked well with it being able to catch an early KO with nasty plot + Darkinium Z or cleaning up late game. The main issue with the team, which doesn't make it very competitive, is that it pretty much gets leveled by Alolan Exeggutor or Abomasnow. Although, both can be played around.

Persian is usually the lead, with taut + parting shot support. It also serves as a check to Jellicent, both Oricorios, Dodrio, and any other fast mons that threaten the team. I often use Z-dark pulse to OHKO mons like Dodrio or Sensu a long with dealing a lot of damage to clean up chipped slower threats such as Aggron, Exeggutor, and Jellicent.

Jellicent serves as the main breaker for the team.

Lurantis was added for hazard control and its defensive grass typing, but has proved useful in taking out bulky mons, cleaning late game, and checking lilligant. The speed on Lurantis is for standard specs drampa.

Stunfisk is the team's stealth rocker along with check to Oricorio and Dodrio.

Lanturn was added as a special sponge, cleric, status user, and pivot. Lanturn's speed is for adamant Aggron, while not always being faster than rocks Mesprit. The speed can be changed to out speed modest aurouras, and toxic can be switched for T-wave.

Weezing was added as a fighting check, punish for u-turn, and toxic spike user. Weezing's main job is to check Gurdurr, hence the max defense and haze. Pain split can be switched for will-o-wisp or coverage, but it has served useful for keeping Weezing healthy.

252 SpA Persian-Alola Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dodrio: 274-324 (104.9 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Persian-Alola Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Oricorio-Sensu: 488-576 (137.8 - 162.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Persian-Alola Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aggron: 274-324 (97.5 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Persian-Alola Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 350-414 (102.6 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Persian-Alola Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Exeggutor-Alola: 229-271 (59.6 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Keep in mind this team is far from ideal but I had fun with it (forgetting the few times I ranted about hax). Hopefully, you will enjoy as well.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Nasty Plot Persian Offense

Someone probably already built something verbatim but whatever. Here's a team that I've had a lot of fun using on the ladder. I heard about Nasty Plot Persian in the PU Discord talking about some of the potential drops with Megazard, HJAD, and TJ, and that set came up, and so far I've been really enjoying it. I haven't really played PU recently so hearing that the meta was already geared towards offense thanks to mons such as these was great news, since personally I prefer offensive metas. I definitely wanted to build around Spikes since I was just laddering with this team, so Qwilfish was the first Pokemon that came to mind. I added Mudsdale for the Electric immunity + Stealth Rock, and I decided I wanted Manectric for some Speed control. Lastly, I added Hitmontop for that sweet Rapid Spin (and Fighting coverage) and Specs Mesprit for a powerful breaker.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-839606225
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-839603963
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-839607124
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-839610808
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-839614877
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-839619866
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-839638276

Edit: I also peaked like 1578 with this team so far.

Hey everyone, thanks for sharing the teams! I’ll keep it short because I’m writing this on my mobile :psywoke:, but we now have a fantastic new banner, courtesy of the talented Moon! I can’t stress how much I appreciate the new banner, but it’s a lovely addition to the thread. I also won’t be able to update this thread until the new year, as I’ll be spending time away, so have a happy holidays and a happy new year!

SD Pinsir Balance

SD Pinsir is a physical setup sweeper who can break past unaware users, which in my eyes is a huge plus. Jellicent+Roselia+Alolan Sandslash is a hazard control core with overall good synergy that forms the more defensive part of the team. Scarf Dodrio is here for speed control, and also helps wear down usual Pinsir checks like Regirock through coverage, plus forcing them to take hazard damage. Rounding out the team is Alolan Persian, who gives me some another bit of speed control, parting shot shenanigans (to give Pinsir setup opportunities or give Jellicent/Roselia breathing room to heal), in addition to Z-Parting Shot shenanigans to either heal Pinsir to give it another shot or one of my defensive Pokemon a new lease on life.

Rock-types like Aggron and Lycanroc are kind of annoying because they just hit and I don't have any switch-ins, but Aggron doesn't really get many switch-in opportunities unless Dodrio is locked into the wrong move (or Roselia Sludge Bomb), and a healthy A-Persian can take on Lycanroc. Alolan Raichu needs to be played around carefully, too, but it can't really safely switch in on anything. Scrappy Normal-type wallbreakers also seem to be a pain, but I haven't run into one yet.

I played around with Claydol over Alolan Sandslash, which helps with the rock-types. Haven't given much thought as to what would need to be tweaked otherwise, since it is a bit less useful in the meta (doesn't handle normal-types well at all). Sort of 'pick your poison' type of choice.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-842021960
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-841693221
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-842551423

Last edited:
hello PU friends,

C+ in the viability rankings has some pretty interesting Pokemon so I decided to build teams around 9 out of 12 of them. I might update my list to include all 12 someday, but seeing as we are about to get drops soon, I'll probably wait until afterwards to edit and build some new ones. I have playtested with every single team at around the 1550 range and won most matches so I think it's safe for other people to use these teams if they want to have fun with unorthodox mons and sets. Hope you guys enjoy! *edited teams to fit the minior + gastrodon metagame :)*

jumpluff

gourgeist-super

golem

musharna

bronzor

volbeat

turtonator

claydol

liepard

(If there is somewhere I could post these teams without breaking the rules then I'd very much like to know where. Thanks.)

Last edited:
So, here are some teams.

Specs Simisear is pretty good. Give it a try. Feel free to swap Zap Cannon Lanturn for a better/more conventional set.
Simisear @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Zap Cannon

Simisear's Epic Comeback

Noctowl is a cool mon even though it is not the best. It has some flexibility in that it can be used to sweep late game or to punch holes with Tinted Lens Skystrike and Hurricane early on.
Tawny Owl (Noctowl) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Agility
- Roost

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Vilgefortz (Spiritomb) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Replay

This is an old team and is obviously built with some unmons but it might be stronger than ever in the current meta. Zweilous and Huntail are meant to be the stars of the show and the former benefits from the fall of Clefairy and Primeape among others. Dragon/Dark is scary offensive typing and Zwei hits outrageously hard, assuming it hits at all. Huntail suffers from 4MSS because it wants to run HP Grass and Ice Beam. I lean towards HP Grass atm but Ice Beam is nice for Grass types and Altaria. Zweilous and Huntail can be swapped out for more viable mons if desired. I swapped them out for Stoutland and Carracosta at one point.
Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Superpower

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Parting Shot
- Multi-Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Jumpluff @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- U-turn
- Memento
- Seed Bomb

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock

Lone Dinosaur (Aurorus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Zweilous Destruction

Speaking of unmons, here's a team built around Wailord. I saw its Pressure stalling set on the strategy dex and couldn't think of a more effective way to use it. And so I built my first and only stall team around it. Articuno and Spiritomb were obvious choices since they are 2 of my favorite mons and get Pressure. Tomb serves a nice wincon as well. I was surprised by how well this team performed but it could certainly be improved upon. For one thing, it doesn't even have Rocks. Maybe I'll refine it in the future but I wouldn't count on it since stall isn't my thing.
Heavy Slam (Wailord) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Aqua Ring
- Scald
- Substitute
- Protect

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Vilgefortz (Spiritomb) @ Darkinium Z
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Substitute

"Fuck Wailord"

That's all for now. I'll post more soon.

Hey everyone! Wanted to share my current stall team (I know there's already one in sample teams, but the more the merrier IMO), so far its been really good, and takes down a lot of threats in the current meta. It was good before (a slight variation singlehandedly got me to qualify for Kingler suspect, and I feel as though time has done nothing but improve it since then), and now, with Weezing and Togedemaru leaving the tier its gotten a lot better (this will be elaborated on further in the description). This team is also friendly to newer players as it does not require a huge amount of prediction or knowledge of the meta to do well.

Spiritomb @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Pressure/Infiltrator
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Taunt/Destiny Bond
- Liquidation

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Recover

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Komala @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

This team uses hazards and status to wear down the opponents team, while also having a strong wincon for the endgame in Spiritomb. The main defensive core of this team is Sableye and Audino, as they are both strong walls that help defend against physical and special attackers respectively. Audino acts as a good pivot with regenerator, and works as a phenomenal wish passer and cleric. Sableye is very strong against fighting types like Gurdurr and Hitmonchan and can prevent setup sweepers from becoming a huge issue with taunt, while also stopping your opponent from getting up rocks and other hazards. It is also a great spinblocker, as it can switch in and beat every single spinner in the tier. Qwilfish provides important hazard support and can really punish U-Turners. It can also use taunt to shut down other mons that can be problematic, such as Clefairy and opposing Calm Mind Spiritomb. Qwilfish really benefits from cleric support as well, as it gains important longevity. You can also run destiny bond over taunt in order to deal with slow breakers like alolan-exeggutor, aggron and drampa (although Drampa is pretty uncommon now, and Aggron is eaten alive by Quagsire anyways). Quagsire is a great physical blanket check and can really punish setup mons, while also having a phenomenal typing which really helps against bulky rock types. Quagsire is also really strong against Scyther and Lycanroc, two powerful threats to traditional stall teams. It also enjoys Audino's heal bell support to stay status free and healthy. Komala provides necessary hazard control, and the fact that it uses rapid spin instead of defog ensures your hazards stay up. It doesn't fear spinblockers because it can toxic and beat the most prominent spinblockers in the tier when they switch in. Komala can also pass wishes well and can cleanly switch into and beat Lilligant, thanks to comatose. Comatose is also really nice as it becomes impossible to wear down Komala with status and protects it against toxic spikes, which is a real problem for other spinners. Finally Spiritomb is the glue that really seals the team together. It is really bulky all around and can easily set up on other stall teams. Darkinium gives it a one time nuke and also makes it a great switch in to knock off. Its amazing typing ensures that it can take all but the most powerful hits and its abilities can both be used to great effect. Pressure is great against opposing stall teams and can whittle down strong moves like Lurantis's Leaf Storm and Alolan-Exeggutor's Draco Meteor. Infiltrator is usually the inferior option, but can be used to surprise KO mons like substitute Oricorio, Articuno, and Jumpluff (Jumpluff is pretty rare but still). This team is strong and flexible, but like all stall teams, it has a weakness to powerful breakers. Thankfully, this problem can mostly be averted if you use pressure, switches, and protect to wear down the PP of strong moves (like Lurantis's Leaf Storm and Alolan Exeggutor's Draco Meteor). In addition most threatening breakers can also be quickly worn down with toxic and entry hazards. However, otherwise, this team is stronger than its ever been, with Togedemaru and Weezing leaving the tier. Both were immune to poison, and Togedemaru was a problematic pivot and Weezing carried moves like Painsplit, and Taunt, which made it difficult to be worn down. In general, this team has a strong backbone, and can reliably wear down the opponents team and win through either attrition or Calm Mind Spiritomb. It also is beginner friendly and easy to play due to a reduction in the importance of predictions while using this team.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
SS Minior Spike Stack Offense

Minior-Blue @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Froslass @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Lilligant @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Persian-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play

So to support Minior, Started with Froslass as it's the best offensive Spiker in the tier and Spikes aid in a late game sweep for Minior. Ice Beam to hit stuff like A-Exeggutor, Oricoio-E, and Dodrio while Shadow Ball deals with Jellicent. Oricorio-Pom-Pom acts as the fighting resist so it can relieve Froslass of checking mons like Gurdurr and Primeape.while also checking stuff like Dodrio. It's also one of the ways this team deals with opposing Miniors as it can take a +2 Adamant Acrobatics after Rocks and the combination of Rocky Helmet + Revelation Dance will be enough to knock it out. Lilligant pairs well with Minior as it can set up on stuff like Quagsire which can wall Minior while also appreciating Spikes support from Froslass. HP Rock is here for opposing stuff like Scyther, Simisear, Minior, and Articuno. Metang provides Stealth Rock support and acts as the Normal, Psychic, and Ice resist as the team is pretty susceptable to Hail cores. Bullet Punch is here to pick off weakened mons like Lycanroc and knocking out Minior in core form while also denting mons like Aurorus, Abomasnow, and chipping away at A-Sandslash with Earthquake. Lastly, A-Persian provides needed Speedfor the team, another check to Psychic types like Mesprit, but more importantly it provides Parting Shot support for both Lilligant and Minior, making it easier for them to setup. Some other suggestions you can make is Stone Edge over Substitute if you want to OHKO Bulky Oricorio while also hit targets like Eelektross neutrally.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Epic UKPL dump since think these teams have good ideas

vs yogi
https://pokepast.es/44fdbaa883cefe99
Hadn't played with the dodrio/jelli meta but felt like webs was an aight playstyle noone has properly explored. If you go with Masq you have to use kabu, lycan, or z-pinsir as ur rocker which i don't like but shuckle isnt reliable at doing both anyway. Team is straight forward, think double ghost is essential, esp dbond haunter. Imo webs are bound to lose to stuff like lycan (if they get defog off) and tr egg (need aboma to beat) but could be fun for quick wins as we dont rly have much HO

vs tnunes
https://pokepast.es/93ce52f039410d0f
This is the only team i think is good, if you just replace the bee with an (prolly offensive) fight check. Subtox kang plus specs eggy along with Dodrio and potentially another phys sweeper (beedril lol) is utterly insane for any team to handle and completely dismantles balances (like the replay) unless they get a countersweep. W/o scarf lilli isnt even too bad since dod plus eggy handle it (probably), though lycan and otr eggy suck to play. I defo think NormalSpam is the best build in the tier, since the resists are mostly passive so are easily punished, and if you also have some anti-offense techs (which this lacks) idt you can have a bad mu

vs goao
https://pokepast.es/26b21d3ab3f1f01d
This is p dong. I think BEM is rly cool (evs to kill skunk on switch w Z) tho you should run psychic and analytic (lol) since its pretty reliable in killing something while being a psych that takes advantage of stuff like gurdurr w/o fearing skunk as much. The buck set is bad and SubSd is much better, and cacturne is a trash mon which needs a good mu

vs teddeh
https://pokepast.es/023dbcbf252eae1d
NP Z Simipour is one of the best breakers in the tier since only really lant deals with it so seriously needs more usage. The eel set in theory has great potential at even 6-0ing teams but in practise is too weak and rest turns lose too much momentum. I kinda like the team regardless but maybe just because i really like simi

BTW all teams have regirock since that, Mesprit, or sandslash-A are the rockers for standard 98% of the time. I think horse seems much better than it is bc it sorta fucks up the teams dynamic when you put it on and should be used on offensive-er teams (w like lilli and fross, those types of teams)

Click Images for Pokepaste!
So rain is a thing in PU, and I used this team to get reqs on the eggy suspect test. Since I see no rain submissions (which feels really out of place considering how good it is atm), I'll go ahead and post mine. This team in particular uses both Omastar and Kabutops as rain abusers, which ends up working really well since they hit from different sides of the physical/special spectrum, and they break different mons.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Beam

Liepard @ Damp Rock
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Encore

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Kabutops @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation

Mesprit @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Omastar @ White Herb
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

This team uses hazards in combination with rain to constantly pressure the opponent, giving them a hard time when trying to remove hazards. Froslass accomplishes the goal of hazard setter very nicely thanks to its access to Taunt and Destiny Bond. The burn damage from Will-O-Wisp isn't necessarily needed on this team, since the opponent should constantly be pressured with hazards anyway, and Taunt + Destiny Bond is more valuable on this team. Mesprit and Liepard are the primary rain setters. Mesprit is picked because of his bulk and access to Stealth Rock, while not being overly passive. Liepard is picked over Volbeat for having a faster U-Turn and a better offensive presence with Knock Off. Having a Psychic immunity can also be nice on occasion. Ludicolo is standard on pretty much any rain team, since it can check most of the water-types in the tier and can function as a secondary rain setter. Kabutops is picked as a physical abuser, and because outside of rain it's still fairly quick. It's pretty hard to stop once it gets going, too. I chose Omastar as my last abuser since it doesn't need rain to function sometimes. Surf is run over Hydro Pump since at +2 you're not missing out on very many KOs you get with Hydro Pump, and it has better accuracy. HP Grass is run to hit Water-types, since the Z-Move slot on this team is taken up by Kabutops.

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Some of my teams! I'm also dropping a few old ones (at the bottom) because they're pretty interesting and have some entertaining replays.

Reqs team #1:

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 168 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Acid Spray
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse

Quagsire @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off

Exeggutor-Alola @ Dragonium Z
Level: 99
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

This team was built during Minior meta, which explains some of the stuff here like Bullet Punch Metang. Originally, I was running Tangela in Exeggutor-A's slot, and that configuration had great match-ups against pretty much every physical threat, like Kabutops, Lycanroc, Stoutland, etc., but its generally passive nature led to an overall lack of offensive pressure. At the same time, Metang and Tangela were a little redundant together as far as what they covered too, so Tangela was replaced with OTR Z Exeggutor-A. Adding an OTR user to the team really turned the offense match-up on its head, letting all of these slow Pokemon move first and apply more pressure rather than being forced to pivot around so much and lose to hazards as a result. The build itself is pretty self-explantory with meta mainstays like Aurorus being handled by Audino and Metang, Lilligant by Metang and Oricorio-E, Aggron, Lycanroc, Kabutops, Gurdurr by Quagsire mainly, and so on. I'm still running HP Fighting over Revelation Dance on Ori-E, so as to weaken Exeggutor-A's checks more readily (ex. Rotom-F pivots into Rev Dance Ori-E freely, but loses to a CM-boosted HP Fighting + SR; Sandslash-A or Aurorus can't pivot into Hurricanes anymore at risk of HP Fighting, etc.).
The team is pretty strong, but it's here in Squad Dump rather than Samples for a reason: when you run slow stuff like this, and when Audino and Quagsire are effectively your fire resists (?), Simisear can be an enormous pain. This means you could go Gastrodon with Rindo here, which would also improve your Jellicent match-up. Doing this though would make Gurdurr less palatable and you'd have to change the synergy a bit to accommodate two fighting resists.

first version vs Lst: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-845527325

Reqs team #2:

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Jump Kick
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit

Manectric @ Choice Specs
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 232 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Sandslash-Alola @ Icium Z
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Toxic
- Scald
- Focus Blast

Specs Manectric either does nothing or kills everything, there's really not a lot of middle ground here. I chose to build Specs Mane offense because a lot of people right now just aren't using sturdy volt stops, given that the current meta has a lot of mons that are effective at punishing those. Check out some seasonals or exhibition matches and you'll see that Quagsire is a lot of people's one-stop Volt stop, assuming they're using one at all. It's hugely effective against builds that look like tjay's team (or maybe this wasn't tjay's team, idk if he built this), as you can see here.
Even if you've got a bad match-up and you find yourself up against something like Lanturn, Audino, or Exeggutor-A, the threat of Manectric still forces your opponent to play predictably around it. When Lanturn comes in for example, you've got the option of chipping it mid-game with Specs HP Grass, or doubling directly to Abomasnow, which can in turn use Manectric checks like Lanturn as an opportunity to setup with Swords Dance.
SD LO Adamant Ice Shard Abomasnow has been consistently amazing this meta, RKOing monsters like Minior when it was here, doing a minimum of 66% to Lilligant without SD (!), and most importantly, OHKOing lvl 99 OTR Eggy A after SR. A good thing to note, if Exeggutor-A is lvl 100, 252+ LO Ice Shard is an 87.5% chance to OHKO after SR, but that's still pretty good.
Never forget that Abomasnow is one of Manectric's best partners, if not the best, as it's really the only option you can use right now for RKOing or doubling on the Pokemon that capitalize on Manectric's presence. This game is a really good example of the WRONG way to run Manectric given this team here doesn't take how to RK Exeggutor-A into account, whereas this replay (albeit this is older) is a good example of how you could use it.
I thought about going with a sturdier normal resist at this point, but instead chose to use a hail core in Abomasnow + Sandslash-A and opted for a build that could exert more offensive pressure rather than one that tries to hard-switch into every meta-relevant threat. Between Jolly Sandslash-A in Hail, Ice Shard Abomasnow, Vacuum Wave Poliwrath, and Scarf Dodrio, there isn't really one offensive threat that fully sweeps every member of this team. Poliwrath is there for prominent threats like Lycanroc, Aggron, Kabutops, Simisear, etc., basically Pokemon that scare Dodrio, Manectric, and Abomasnow out. It's also packing Vacuum Wave, letting it pick off weakened Kangaskhan, Stoutland, Absol, Sandslash-A, Aurorus, Omastar, and more. Mesprit was added finally as a sturdy Gurdurr check, and its secondary function is providing Healing Wish to whichever Pokemon has the best match-up here.

I had a pretty bad match-up from preview in the replay below, with Sam's Regirock preventing Dodrio from cleaning, Lanturn preventing Manectric from clicking anything but HP Grass mid-game, and his Sandslash-A, CM Mesprit, and Froslass all spelling trouble for Poliwrath and my defensive Mesprit. Abomasnow pulled this one out though, then Dodrio cleaned up late-game once Regirock had been knocked out.

Replay against sam i yam: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-851762725

Reqs team #3:

Quagsire @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Ice Punch
- Curse
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet / Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dazzling Gleam

Another Pokemon people like to underrate right now is SpDef Clefairy. It definitely fell off when Taunt Pyroar and CB Aggron were incredibly common, especially given we didn't have Quagsire then to cover for Aggron, but this current meta has been a lot kinder to Clef. Aggron isn't as common as a result of your Flying resist needing to not die to Dodrio's Jump Kick or Oricorio-E's HP Fighting, Taunt Pyroar isn't here, and it has more viable team options in Quagsire, so it's easier to build with now for sure. There's also more incentive to use it for its Dragon immunity and with stuff like NP Persian-A becoming more popular. Keep in mind though that if you are going to use it, then one of Quagsire, Gastrodon, or Poliwrath should support it, otherwise it lets in a lot of powerful breakers and sweepers to abuse it.
These bulky Waters all beat the Pokemon Clefairy is threatened by, namely Skuntank, Aggron, Lycanroc, Metang, Sandslash-A, etc. In return, Clefairy saves Quagsire from being crippled by Toxic and wears down the specially offensive threats that Quagsire is troubled by, ex. OTR Exeggutor-A, Drampa, Aurorus, etc.
Once I had my patented QuagClef core ready, I added Offensive HP Ground Mesprit for its ability to bring in and weaken Pokemon on the switch that were troubling to SpDef Clefairy like Skuntank, Sandslash-A, and Metang so that Quagsire wouldn't be overburdened.
Then, seeing how threatening various Dark- and Grass-types were (ex. SD Shiftry beats Mesprit + Clefairy + Quagsire / Lilligant can muscle through SpDef Clefairy if you miss Toxic), I added Skuntank. With just a soft Normal resist in Aurorus, Stoutland looked troubling, but Skuntank with Rocky Helmet / Aftermath / Sucker Punch can take it down pretty far, making it a much more palatable match-up. It's optional if you want to run Lum Berry for Jynx and Lilligant or Rocky Helmet for Stoutland and friends.
Then, prepping for the weather matchup, I didn't really have anything for Rain, and the overall Speed of the team was looking rather low, so Scarf Aurorus was added. You will occasionally find double Aqua Jet Rain, Rain with Floatzel (still faster than Scarf Aurorus), Rain with Sandslash-A for the Hail counter, etc., but I find just CS Aurorus is usually sufficient for the Rain CT.
Finally, Z Oricorio-E fit nicely, given I needed another check to Lilligant, as well as another Flying resist for Dodrio. All of the Pokemon that Oricorio-E loses to are handled well by its teammates, ex. conventional Lanturn sets are beaten by Clefairy, Lycanroc by Quagsire, etc.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-848596050 vs hail team spammed on ladder during suspect
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-848581548 vs Tone

------------

Outdated teams:

Cutiefly Webs :blobnom:

Ability: Iron Barbs
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head

Cutiefly @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stun Spore
- U-turn
- Toxic

Oricorio-Sensu @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- Revelation Dance

Sandslash @ Figy Berry
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Dodrio @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Jump Kick
- Quick Attack

I originally began building this with cute user, MaroGod, and was really ambitious with the team at first going for Gravity hazard stack with stuff like Gravity Togedemaru, Gravity Golurk, Froslass offensive cores to overwhelm Skuntank so it'd be too pressured to Defog, CB Quagsire, and all kinds of other wonky stuff. After he logged for the night, I came to the realization that this was a little too ambitious, and it was just bogged down with too much heat. I ultimately decided to simplify the team and just go for Specs Jellicent Webs, with dual Ghosts spinblocking or Taunting Defog, making sure that Sticky Web stayed in play. Timid Choice Specs Jellicent with Sticky Web is godly and outspeeds everything grounded up to (but not including) Persian-A, at 360 Speed total. Cutiefly provides an impromptu switch-in for Exeggutor-A's and Drampa's Z/Specs-Boosted Dracos, and then grabs momentum with a slow U-Turn. Other than that, its only niche is that ladder doesn't know it can set Sticky Web lol. Togedemaru was added toward the beginning, but I stuck with it because it's (or it was, RIP) really important for checking broken burbs on webs, as this configuration would otherwise look really weak to Oricorio-E or -G without it.
For all of you Sandslash-K enthusiasts, I really recommend this set over what's considered the standard. The other potential sets it has makes it feel like an inferior Mudsdale with Rapid Spin, so I don't think they have much merit. Last, but not least, I've got SD Z Dodrio as my primary sweeper here; Anything that RKOes Dodrio with Sticky Web in play is actually walled or checked by the rest of the team.

I passed the team to LordST, who played HJAD with it: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-837562656

1548633300709.png

Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap

Froslass @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 232 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

Skuntank @ Darkinium Z
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Memento
- Acid Spray
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 200 Def / 36 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

This team was centered on stacking hazards together with Mesprit and Froslass, then forcing continual switches with Acid Spray Skuntank. After that, the plan was to take advantage of Acid Spray Skuntank switch-ins like Regirock and SpDef Sandslash-A with Gurdurr, which would put it or CS Togedemaru/CS Kabutops in prime position to setup or clean with all entry hazards up. Gurdurr + Mesprit + Skuntank was always a solid core, especially when backed up from the extra offensive pressure from Froslass's Spikes. The remaining holes to Pokemon like Dodrio, Simisear, etc. are covered sufficiently by Togedemaru and Kabutops (and Kabutops has the rain match-up).
Then, Quagsire dropped and I had to rethink the team a bit given it walled Gurdurr, Togedemaru, and Kabutops completely. From here, I basically threw in two lures with Grass coverage: one for actually keeping Quagsire in (i.e. HP Grass Skuntank), and another that could switch into EQ directly while threatening Quag and other fat Ground-types like Mudsdale so that Togedemaru could clean successfully late-game (i.e. Grass Knot Mesprit). In retrospect, Scarf Togedemaru probably perpetuated lazy building with it being everyone's go-to Choice Scarf user, but at the time, I was really sad to see this leave, as this team would never be the same again without Togede.

vs LordST https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-827396386
vs ladder legend GayGreenGorilla https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-792691580

PSYCHIC TER-RAIN

Volbeat @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Seismic Toss
- Roost

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation
- Knock Off

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Nuzzle / Spore
- Psychic Terrain
- Parting Shot
- Magic Coat

Stunfisk @ Damp Rock
EVs: 36 Atk / 248 Def / 224 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Thunder
- Rain Dance

Musharna @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Yawn
- Psychic
- Psychic Terrain
- Healing Wish

Jynx @ Normalium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Short description because it's more a conceptual team than a functional one, but Psychic Terrain negates all priority (while giving a 1.5x power boost to Psychic-type moves), giving Kabutops and Jynx a free pass against Mach Punch(Vacuum Wave too) and Sucker Punch users, and therefore, an easier time sweeping. Rain and Dry Skin + Normalium Z is like running a Z crystal and Leftovers at the same time for Jynx, letting it have the best of both worlds. Musharna and Volbeat are the fat pivots that make this happen - given that Psychic Terrain negates priority moves targeted at the opponent, you can no longer utilize Prankster Encore or Thunder Wave when it's up, so Seismic Toss / Roost / U-Turn / Rain Dance Volbeat was born. Musharna is also not running its standard set here: instead, it's built for simply Yawning on its shared switch-ins with Jynx, setting up Psychic Terrain as they either stay in and eat sleep or switch out, then using Healing Wish to pivot. Musharna is really slow, so this is actually your check to TR teams (don't HWish in that case). Scyther and Dodrio were a bit annoying, especially considering they can both RK Jynx fairly easily if they're equipped with CS, so I added a second Rain Dance user in Stunfisk to punish Scarfers base 95 and higher via Static. Its spread and Earthquake let you threaten Lanturn more effectively, even with rain up, which can beat either sweeper if it's healthy (depending on which variant it is). Lastly, lead Smeargle is here for setting up Psychic Terrain, crippling threats, and reflecting Taunt or entry hazards via Magic Coat early-game, then pivoting into Jynx for free setup. If you don't like playing Ana in Overwatch, firing pinpoint accurate sleep darts and nano-boosting allies, then this team may not be for you.

The opposing Sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
Kabutops surrounds itself with psychic terrain!
Kabutops used Swords Dance!
Kabutops's Attack rose sharply!
Turn 5
Kabutops used Stone Edge!
(The opposing Sableye lost 100% of its health!)
Kabutops lost some of its HP!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-854865458
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-838143043

Last edited:
It has been an entire month since someone has posted in PU Squad Dump. I always love looking at all the unique teams people post on here so hopefully others will start posting again after I share some of my teams. I'm going with another theme again: unranked pokemon. Laddering is usually not worth it when you have to face people using unmons but I find it to be enjoyable once I start using unmons to counteract their garbage mons. So here you are... 10 teams with 10 unranked mons. I hope you guys like them btw i use Oricorio-Pom Pom a lot my b.

Butterfree

Heatmor

Avalugg

Quilladin

Exeggutor

Chatot

Arbok

Rapidash

Komala

Solrock

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Yeeaah! I forgot how cool this thread is, especially when people like Musharnanigans make huge squad dumps with cool shit.
I don't build around "unviable" mons that often, however I found some teams that feature untiered mons. I will also post teams that I used quite often, either for memeing or in tournaments, so people can have a look at the sets and spreads. Here we go!

1) Cute Memes

God is a Pinegod

PINEGOAT (Pineco) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- Icy Wind

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot

Purugly @ Ghostium Z
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- U-turn

Double Golem Earthquake Spam with Gravity Room (or Fetoos team)

Moods (Mudsdale) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide

Goolem (Golurk) @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Punch

Stoon (Golem) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch

Fetoos (Duosion) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Gravity
- Explosion
- Psychic

Baby Fetoos (Solosis) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Gravity
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

Also a Fetoos (Musharna) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Gravity
- Healing Wish
- Psychic

If you want to win, don't use these teams.
Pinegoat HO: built when the custap berry was released. Suicide lead pinegod+2 spinblockers+3 defiant mons.
Groundspam aka Earthquake Gravity Room: 3 fat EQ users with very high attack stats+3 gravity/TR setters. The lead is usually Baby Fetoos, but it can be sturdy golem in some scenarios. S/o ShuckleDeath for the nicknames xD Also shoutouts for showing me Simisage's true power!!

2) Fun teams that actually work

Simisage HO

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rock Tomb

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

Simisage @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Omastar @ Waterium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Shell Smash

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 228 HP / 48 Def / 28 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

I wanted to make a golurk offense after toge/weezing rose and primeape became the go-to scarfer. I started with sash golurk+omastar, sash golurk because it's the best HO lead I guess, not forced out by spinners or gurdurr like stuff like sash kabutops or sash lycanrock. The only real tech here is Jolly nature+rocktomb, rocktomb because it is an excellent move on any suicide lead. In PU, it is very useful to slow down froslass/dodrio/anything faster than golurk that isn't lycanrock or persian. It helps breaking opposing focus sashes and getting rocks up, but also 2hkoes articuno. I went with omastar since it loves being paired with a ghost type and a rocker that beats articuno. It also takes advantage of kanga/stout trying to antilead golurk. SD fairyvally seemed like a neat pokemon in a weezing/toge-free meta, and it actually puts in so much work. However the main reason to use it is that Gurdurr is broken vs HO. Skunk was added because skunk is too good, helps vs mesprit/froslass. I explained the subtoxic set in the PU next best thing thread. In a nutshell, it shits on most weather teams and cripples everything with toxic. Chan was added for eelektross/lilligant/rain/hail and prio, tbh it was there mainly for exeguttor-A, but it still works. Simisage was my last pick because I needed a water resist, quagsire check and speed control. Lilligant didn't fit since my pompom MU wasn't good at all, besides lilli is too slow. So here goes the unranked Simi!

I used this team many times and other people too (exhibition, ssnl, roomtours), it's like 15-0 or more so far, I guess it's not a bad team.

Shiilurk offense and HO

Shiinotic @ Choice Specs
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Sludge Bomb

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Punch

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Sandslash-Alola @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 156 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Counter

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off

An Exhibition team, it's quite meme-ish so I guess I can post it here, especially because Shiinotic was just ranked and most people are like "I've never seen a team with shiinotic" or "how the hell do you build around it?". It was built after TONE posted the specs shiinotic set. My bud Xiri wanted to use it, so we both made a team and he used this version to sweep LST's stall. Golurk was supposed to be rocks so sandslash has a free slot, but I decided to compress roles on sandslash and allow golurk to hit mesprit very hard. I didn't expect LST to bring stall vs a player like Xiri who spams teams with great stall MatchUps, fortunately he assumed Golurk was rocks too (ig) and didn't see the stealth rock sandslash coming. Rocks sandslash is still better, so you don't waste 1 turn using rocks with golurk and can break stuff asap. Shiinotic is a bit hard to justify here, but welp the goal was to use shiinotic. Golurk+Shii have great synergy (typing and offensive presence). Ape is the rock-type check+scarfer, eel knocks spdef stuff for shiinotic+pivots on opposing pompoms and maintains momentum. I added full spatk pom since shiinotic already walls gurdurr and the team lacked a fast+strong hitter. Finally, I designed a sandslash set able to tank 1 stoutland superpower after rocks. Its just a filler able to check kanga, stout and skunk thanks to its high defense stat and typing. A crazy team that isn't too bad ^^

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rock Tomb

Kangaskhan @ Normalium Z
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Crunch

Shiinotic @ Choice Specs
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Froslass @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spikes

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Rapid Spin

So I posted the other team first as an introduction to the Golurk+shiinotic core (typing synergy, offensive presence + 2 fighting checks).
This team is based around the same concept: golurk+shii core, then a normal resist+skuntank check (kabutops), ice resist+ 3rd fighting check (froslass), and finally kanga+skunk as spikes abusers and blanket checks to the tier. Idk if I need to explain more, just see it as a kangaspikes offense stacking fighting weaknesses and fighting checks, and relying on hazards+prio to RK stuff while kabutops provides the team with a rain check, spinner, and check to the unboosted metagames, especially dodrio, stout and kanga.

I used it in friendly games and won an official roomtour with it. It's not crazy good, and I can't tell which of the two Shiilurk teams is the best, both have their own flaws. Definitely one of my favourite teams :3

I will post other teams soon, writing descriptions and pasting images is quite exhausting. I'm also looking forward to seeing teams posted on a daily basis or at least weekly basis, thanks Mush for bringing the thread back to life, I also love reading other people's team descriptions.

Last edited:
Pikachu BO:

https://pokepast.es/6afb82e321df0919
Brief description:
Clefairy deals with many threats like aurorus and is running twave to cripple stuff like simisear while also providing speed controll for pikachu, while claydol provides the obligatory volt immunity, hazard controll and a safer answer to stuff like aggron and chipping kangaskhan. Probopass can trap every hindrance to scyther that isnt covered by luring them with grass knot from pikachu or subsd shiftry and arent worn down by hazards, which comes down to steel types primarily. Scyther is a check to lilli alongside twave clefairy, espeed on pikachu and shiftry, depending on the set but cant always switch in hard (depending on set indications again) . In Conjunction with Probopass, Pikachu can actually switch in from time to time and claim kills. Lastly, Shiftry was choosen as a SubSD Variant to better deal with Stall and can use bulky waters as a set up bait, assuming they are toxic over ice beam but it is nice to threaten them in general, as pikachu obviously isnt the safest answer and clefairy can switch in in many cases but isnt able to retaliate properly.

Dale Gribble (Hippopotas) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Biscuit (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade

The Fool (Sandslash) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Dugtrio-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Accelerock

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam

Hippopotas is an absolutely terrible Pokemon. It would have decent physical bulk with Eviolite but it needs Smooth Rock to take full advantage of the only unique thing it does. Whirlwind comes in handy sometimes and Rocks are always nice but Hippo often contributes nothing outside of Sand setting. Without Scrappy, Stoutland is much easier to switch into but Sand Rush lets it outspeed pretty much everything. Sandslash has great coverage and deals with a lot of mons that keep Stout from spamming Return like Regirock and Ghost types. Jolly Slash outspeeds scarfed base 95s like Primeape but the rest of my team deals with those pretty well so I lean Adamant at the moment. Dugtrio Alola hits hard thanks to LO+Sand Force and Memento is really nice for creating setup opportunities. Running Lycanroc on a Sand team means that I can give it an Adamant nature and still outspeed everything except some other Lycanrocs. The Special Defense boost granted by Sand makes it a little easier for Lycan to set up. I experimented with a few different mons in the final slot before choosing Kadabra. It helps with the team's weakness to Fighting and its fast Taunt is the closest thing I have to hazard control and also helps against mons with recovery. HP Fighting is mostly there for Hail cores. It OHKOs offensive Alolaslash and does a huge chunk to specially defensive Alolaslash and Aurorus.

I'm not going to list everything that this team is weak to but I will say that the mon that seems to give this team the most trouble is Lurantis. Grass types in general are an issue but Lurantis is the most threatening because it is reasonably bulky and can boost its Defense by spamming Superpower. Given that this team's offensive presence is almost entirely physical, this is a huge problem. At least Sand limits its Synthesis recovery.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-868759797
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-857833774

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)