Project PU Matchmaking! Season 3, Week 5: Rotom-Frost! (Submission phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
3.4 Results

+ Winner
+ Runner up

Congratulations to jonago for winning this weeks machmaking with Drampa and to Squash17 ^_^ for being the runner up with Silvally Fairy. With this win, jonago is in the lead with 5 points only beating Katy and Oathkeepre by 1 point.

Leaderboard
WeekUsersPoints
1. Ferroseed

Winner: Oathkeepre with Jellicent

Runner up: uhuhuhu7 with Silvally-Fairy
Oathkeepre: 2
Uhuhuhu7: 1
2. Victreebel

Winner: uhuhuhu7 with Stoutland

Runner up: jonago with Aurorus
Uhuhuhu7: 3
Oathkeepre: 2
Jonago: 1

3. Jellicent
Winner: Katy with Roselia

Runner up 1: jonago with Kangaskhan

Runner up 2: Oathkeepre with Gurdurr
Katy: 4
Oathkeepre: 4
jonago: 3
uhuhuhu7: 3
4. Primeape
Winner: jonago with Drampa

Runner up: Squash17 ^_^ with Silvally Fairy
jonago: 5
Katy: 4
Oathkeepre: 4
uhuhuhu7: 3
Squash17 ^_^: 1

Final week: Season 3

In the final week we are matching Rotom-F. This mon can run a nice scarf or defog set and has near unresisted coverage with electric+ice coverage. It's a nice volt switch user and it's looking for another mon it can be with that brings its best qualities to the forefront. Good luck!

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion

Rotom-Frost @ Icium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot

Banded Ape + Volt turn Z-blizz Frostom makes together a nightmare core to take care of. All alone banded ape is doing vs. almost any team a lot if your prediction game is on point. Whenever we catch our opponent switching out for Ape counter, we can safely u-turn and bring our next threat Frostom in. If your prediction game is on point - this core all alone can keep the momentum up for ages

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Scyther

123Scyther.png
Scyther @ Choice Band

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Knock Off

Choice Band Scyther fits very well together with Rotom-Frost as Rotom-Frost can remove hazards, which will potentially trouble Scyther, such as Stealth Rocks whereas Scyther can help with the wallbreaking from Rotom-Frost.
CB Scyther removes threats such as Tangela, Lurantis and Gurdurr, same goes to Hitmonchan and Primeape with its good STAB options in U-Turn and Aerial Ace, whereas Rotom-Frost might struggle with due to priority-moves from them
or due to a higher speed-tier or the specific Set they run.
Furthermore it removes Probopass and Alola-Sandlash with its Brick Break coverage, which are troublesome for Rotom Frost because it might have trouble to break through these threats.
To add onto that Knock Off is a good option here as well because it can remove the longevity of bulkier threats such as Mudsdales Leftovers, it can also remove the items of a incoming Lanturn.

In Return Rotom-Frost can threaten pokémon pretty well, which might be a problem for Scyther such as Mudsdale or Qwilfish because Ice/Electric coverage is really good and hits most pokémon in this tier to help Scyther out.
Rotom-Frost can also help against Poliwrath because Scyther has to fear a burn which limits its breaking potential, Carracosta can also be a bit troublesome for Scyther, but Rotom Frost can take care of it
as well because the electric-type STAB does a big damage to Carracosta.

These 2 pokémon in generall can form a nice Volt-Turn core to bring other team-mates in safely due to U-Turn and Volt Switch giving the team-mates Momentum.
Also U-Turn and Volt-Switch from both will chip away incoming pokémon, which is really appreciated and important in the long run of a game.​

Last edited:
Reactions: PTF
Rotom-Frost @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Parting Shot
- Thunderbolt

Persian-A appreciates the removal of entry hazards when setting up and Will-O-Wisp allows it to take less damage from most physical attackers. Volt Switch/Parting Shot allow you to switch between pokemon and Darkinium z allows a full heal with Parting Shot or a nuke with Dark Pulse.

Reactions: PTF

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
Rotom seems like trash to me as far as my normal builds

Let's in regi, eel,larturn, ludicolo, ferroseed, gurdurr, Cryogonal, Sdf snowslash, vested chan, audino and I swear I had a lot more You don't want in for free

My first thought was sweep with scarf pinser/kind doubling back to frost with rocks up and to prepare a 3rd member at worst for an easy win con. But something else beats down the door.

Rotom-Frost @ Icium Z
Ability: Levitate EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Will-O-Wisp
- Light Screen

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Strength Sap/Leaf storm

I made it timid to outspeed modest ludicolo so the nature and reasons can be shifted around based on team needs(speed creep em)

Yeah that thing that doesn't make sense teambuilding wise till You read the list of stuff You want dead and don't want something wild. Besides mindlessly slapping floatzel on another team, I built a team around the core avoiding any likly submissions and what's my favorite part of the core is how hard it beats down teams that think they're allowed to pivot.

With light screen up and volt switching into a flamethrower from modest eel, victreebel is fine and avoids 2 hit KOs with giga drain(modest would help in event of burns/crits) but shines much brighter if You get some turning core action and even doubly volt switch is fine because You can keep turning as frost endlessly or they have to make a Z blizzard sack.

Team I made, like a 6.8 team, but it kind of covers the meta really well in a wierd way I personally dislike but don't deny

https://pokepast.es/8d7c76a25efd47b9

Remove floatzel for any other nom here and You'll be Goochi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)