Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I'll get the first post rolling here since I hosted one of these just now. We voted to build with CM Clefairy because it's neato. We went with TWave as the fourth move because it meshes well with the bulkier balance build. Weezing is a great check to a lot of the mons that give Clef trouble, mostly Offensive Rhydon, Steelix, and Garbodor. From there, we decided something that could break down cores would be useful so we went with Extransensory Shiftry, which simultaneously lures Poison-types for Clef. We went with Steelix because we needed a Normal and Musharna check. Scarf Sawk makes for a great cleaner that also benefits from Shiftry luring Poisons. Finally, we needed a secondary Fire check so we went with Shuca Berry Water Absorb Offensive Lanturn. Water Absorb abuses Mantine/Peli and Shuca Berry gives Lanturn an edge against Archeops and especially Magmortar.

All-around cool team! Highly recommend you guys try it out and leave and criticism you have here :toast:
Seems like a really cool team, sad I missed out on helping build it :( the only real thing I can see wrong with it is having a lot of pressure on Lanturn as a fire check. Here are a few mons that could give it trouble-

Pyroar can wisp Lanturn on the switch or hyper voice to do a decent amount of damage, meaning it can be worn down. This forces you to hold sawk until late game. There is always the possibility of using the scarf set too, which means Sawk is less of a threat to it in that case.

Tauros' usual set with fire blast could cause trouble to this team. With lix not being able to live 2 due to the choice of ev spread, and lanturn taking a bunch from a rock climb, it forces predictions or a large amount of damage to be done to weezing etc.

Overall seems like a really cool build though :)

Seems like a really cool team, sad I missed out on helping build it :( the only real thing I can see wrong with it is having a lot of pressure on Lanturn as a fire check. Here are a few mons that could give it trouble-

Pyroar can wisp Lanturn on the switch or hyper voice to do a decent amount of damage, meaning it can be worn down. This forces you to hold sawk until late game. There is always the possibility of using the scarf set too, which means Sawk is less of a threat to it in that case.

Tauros' usual set with fire blast could cause trouble to this team. With lix not being able to live 2 due to the choice of ev spread, and lanturn taking a bunch from a rock climb, it forces predictions or a large amount of damage to be done to weezing etc.

Overall seems like a really cool build though :)
clefable hard checks any pyroar set bar specs and can twave + use it as set up fodder :0
i would know bc dis stole my team :3

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 192 Atk / 200 SpA / 116 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Rotom @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Signal Beam
- Feather Dance
- Psychic

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
We decided to build around mixed Kecleon, a pretty cool wallbreaker with nice luring potential and strong priority. Swellow was added as the next pick as it provides a late game cleaner which appreciates Kecleon luring in normal resists with its coverage and general wallbreaking capabilities, and it also can support Kecleon with Tailwind to patch up it's low Speed. Rotom creates a Volt-turn core with Swellow and soft checks fighting types as well as some normal types. Hariyama acts as our blanket special sponge, checking Fire and Ice types which come in for free on Rotom. Xatu is a sturdier Sawk check and also is our way of dealing with Malamar with Signal Beam, Featherdance was slapped on to help out with Skuntank. Lastly, Ferroseed compresses the roles of a Water resist and Stealth Rock for the team.
The team is fairly weak to Skuntank and Electric-types, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Me and some room regulars have been building over the last hour or so with Omastar and we got some decent teams out of it so check them out! Thanks to Aurosis Orphic and Silver Aurum for being particularly helpful with building.

Omastar @ White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Tauros @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

An offensive squad built around sweeping with Shell Smash Omastar, we added mixed Shiftry since the two mons have decent synergy and its a good hazard removal to fit on offense. Memento missy is our main fighting check and can be useful to give Omastar an easier time setting up if needed. Mesprit was added as our rocker of choice with it running Signal beam and Thunderbolt to keep Malamar and Xatu in check respectively. Av Mag is the teams main fire check while Scarf Tauros rounds out the team giving us a decently powerful scarf mon to handle the likes of Sceptile and Swellow.

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance

Mesprit @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Psychic

Liepard @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Encore
- Knock Off

Poliwrath @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Belly Drum

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Some very skillful rain we made for the hell of it. Very simple to use so I won't bother going too in-depth about the specifics about the team. Liepard and Mesprit give us weather support for our sweepers. Specs Omastar, Life Orb Ludicolo and bd Poliwrath break down each others checks over the course of a game till one of them ends up winning. Scarf Rotom gives us a way to pressure fast mons outside of rain and also gives us more momentum. Thunder can work over wisp or trick if you're feeling real.

Logs of the entire process for anyone interested - http://pastebin.com/RR4xXKXT
e: tauros should be adamant not jolly

Last edited:

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Got another one so soon! These 2 AM workshops are my favorites. Wanted to build with Specs Zard so we did. AV Lanturn is a great partner that synergizes great with Zard. Gurdurr switches into and sets up on a lot of mons that pressure zard, aka bulky Rock-types. Ferroseed is our Normal resist, Pelipper is our fighting resist that provides reliable hazard control, and Mesprit is our speed control and Malamar check. Healing Wish is cool on Mes for giving a lot of the mons on our team that are whittled through a match (zard, gurdurr, ferro, lanturn) a second wind, but some dudes were talking about running Grass coverage on it for a better Rhydon check. s'up to you tho!

e: I also updated the op finally

Last edited:

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Pinsir @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Charizard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Rotom @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

I ran a workshop for fun today. I was very adamant about building around a good wallbreaker, so me and the gang decided to build around Life Orb SD Pinsir, which strives to wallbreak first and sweep second. Scarf Kabu was chosen as a spinner because it outspeeds and beats a lot of the mons that want to revenge pinsir, such as Zard, Swellow, etc. Bulky Zard had great synergy with the team, beating troubling mons like Fighting-types and M-Dino. We wanted a better Normal- and Flying-type resist so we went with bulky Rotom. You could probably change it to Colbur Berry, but I'm not overly concerned with switching into Knock Off. Ferroseed was a nice Rocker because we were in desperate need of a water resist and twave gives us a superior matchup against weather. Skunk pursuit traps opposing ghosts so Kabu can freely spin and Rotom was really troubling for the team anyways. The team is a little weak to opposing rocks, but they aren't the hardest things in the world to play around. Highly recommend you give it a shot!

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Charizard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Air Slash

Lilligant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Petal Dance

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
We just finished up a quick workshop that was built around the core of mixed Raichu and bulky Swords Dance Charizard. Knock Off was chosen to lure in and weaken Lanturn and Rotom which are rather problematic for SD Charizard, and the three other moves are pretty standard; Focus Blast is handy to hit Rock types which are also annoying for Charizard to deal with. Next we added on a defensive core of Steelix + Mantine to cover Normal and Water types as well as hazard removal for Charizard. Choice Scarf Lilligant provides Healing Wish support for Charizard and the rest of the team, a fast cleaner to revenge threats such as Tauros, Charizard, Archeops, etc. You can run Sleep Powder over one of the two Grass STABs but it's not that reliable most of the time. Lastly, despite not adding much creativity to the team Hariyama provided another check to Fire-types as well as being a good check to Ice-types, which threaten most of the rest of the team. This team has some flaws, notably being 6-0d by Lum Berry Shell Smash Barbaracle if Steelix has taken any chip damage, but that's not the most common thing around.

Here are chat logs from the workshop; give the team a go and feel free to post any suggestions or feedback here!

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone, there has been a lot of interest shown in this being re-opened since I ran one of these a week or so ago so it's being re-opened and being hosted by myself and NotNova as well as others who have said they are interested in hosting workshops occasionally so look out for that.

We will attempt to host our first one this Sunday at around 7pm GMT+1 (3pm EST). Aside from this they may be largely spontaneous but this is to give a chance for people to know when the first one is.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible :]

Orphic

perhaps
sorry for double post

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Due to irl business the workshop will be held TODAY at the same time as was planned for Sunday, sorry for any inconveniences caused :)

Thats today: Saturday 4th at 7pm GMT+1 (3pm EST)

See you guys there.

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

First workshop since we took over the project! Special thanks to lolbro for being very helpful during the workshop and Shadestep for cohosting with Orphic and I! Thanks to everyone for tuning in!

After a brief discussion we decided to build around LO Haunter as a nice, fast wallbreaker with good potential to break down balanced teams. DBond and Wisp help us beat Dark types for our next partner, Mesprit, which in turn provides a slow U-turn for Haunter to come in safely, as it is very frail. Next is Lanturn, giving us much needed defensive utility and another slow VoltTurner for our more offensive Pokemon. RP Rhydon is an excellent and underused slow sweeper that provides a Normal/Flying resist and appreciates the ability to weaken bulky Pokemon that VoltTurn provides. Scarf Scyther acts as speed control and an offensive Lilligant check as the gang was very worried about our weakness to it. AV Hitmonchan rounds off the team as a good special sponge, priority user and a way to control hazards.

lolbro was kind enough to test the team for us, so if you want to see it in action, check it out! Logs can be found here.

If you have any feedback for future workshops or any comments/variations on the team, make sure to tell us here :) Hope to see more of you next time!

you guys forgot to slash hwish on mes D:
very fun offensive team tho. it isnt mindless ho which is nice, and it has dd rhydon+hwish+tailwind which is tons of fun

Shadestep

volition immanent
in the future i think you guys should start with a core of two or three pokemon, rather than only 1 pokemon. The workshop went very well, but the beginning was kind of chaotic. this is obviously fine since it was the first one in a long time and everything went well apart from that but only having one Pokemon and not having a specific archetype to build with makes for a dozens of options, and seeing that everyone has a different mindset and train of thoughts this can lead to a lot of chaos.

Honestly, if we are gonna build around a pokemon in our next workshop, it should be an interesting but newish meta. I nominate SD Pass Sawsbuck and Miltank, Tauros, or Floatzel as a core. Each has a medium to high attack and speed that could be taken advantage of as well as the option of sawsbuck sweeping and then passing as a defensive mechanism. I also think we should hold the next Workshop on tuesday, 7 PM eastern time (personal preference). If not SD Pass Sawbuck, I really wanna learn how to make vivillion or Rhydon more relevant in the meta. Thanks

Shadestep

volition immanent

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Endeavor

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Tail

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Shiftry @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 104 Def / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hex
- Thunder Wave

NotNova , me and Jarii just finished a workshop with Vivillon.
We started off with Endeavor Vivillon + Tauros as an offense core to start off with. We added a LO Chan next, seeing as we needed a spinner + some strong priority. SD shiftry is a cool mon that helps weaken Mons for one of the other offensive mons to clean up. The team was looking real weak to Fire-types so far and Rhydon looked like a great fit here, also providing the team with a Normal-resist. lastly, we decided on a spin-blocked that also supported the team with some speed. We thought of Scarf Rotom, but decided on Colbur Mismagius, as TWave support was also greatly appreciated.

special thanks to erisia for being extremely helpful, as well as the other people that joined the workshop! also thanks to Quite Quiet for letting us use his trusty ol' BB-8.

logs of the workshop: http://pastebin.com/FFyyKn5F

Orphic

perhaps

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam
- Healing Wish

Primeape @ Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Vacuum Wave

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Encore
- Copycat
- Nasty Plot

Me and Jarii hosted a workshop tonight, special thanks to carcy again as well as PrinceLucian and Blast for being helpful. We started with the core of Specsprit + Primeape as Primeape appreciated the removal of poison types while beating stuff like Skuntank that troubles Mesprit. Plus specs Mesprit is just so powerful. We chose encore as it can help us gain a load of momentum into Mesprit, as well as fist plate to allow us to bluff choice items sometimes. Next we added Rhydon, our normal/flying check, Garbodor, our hazard setter, tspike absorber and fighting check, and Poliwrath, our floatzel/general water switch in and fire resist. Poliwrath is packing the hp grass to lure Gastrdon, Rhydon has roar to help Liepard with Mega Audino and we already have enough bug coverage to warrant dropping megahorn. Finally, np copycat Liepard is making motions in the tier rn and it seemed like a great glue to take further advantage of encore Primeape.

Workshop logs: http://pastebin.com/SAWJh780

Replay of Jarii testing the team vs Advantage: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-383853853

Thanks to everyone that got involved, until next time~

Shadestep

volition immanent

Bouffalant @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Facade

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 104 Def / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Just got done hosting another fun teambuilding workshop. Someone sparked a discussion on Bouffalant in the NU chat and we decided to make a team with it. We decided on AV + Soundproof Bouffalant as it is a great support pokemon that can wall and pursuit-trap Swellow, Pyroar and Aurorus for example. the next spot was a toughie, we had like 3 or 4 Pokemon in that place (Mesprit, Grumpig, Klinklang) but eventually decided on AV Magmortar to give us a Lilligant check, and most importantly a Wisp-absorber. We decided this after the team was built and after ~Eternally grabbed a test-battle with it. Rotom could just spam WoW all over the place with no direct counterplay from our team. Next up, SD scyther looked like a great fit; fighting resist, malamar check, and a momentum grabber, as well as a general pivot. Magmortar being our only Fire-resist seemed a bit too much as it's already busy checking Lilligant, Vivillon etc, and so decided on defensive Rhydon next. SR was an obvious choice since we didn't have that already. Rhydon is also a great normal resist. Since we had Magmortar and Scyther, we definitely needed a bulky-ish spinner and we decided on AV Hitmonchan. this also gave us strong priority to revenge kill offensive threats like Tauros, Barbaracle and Archeops when low on HP. we noticed that the team definitely need a faster revenge killer and we decided on Scarf Kabutops last, as it seemed to fit well on the team; giving secondary checks to a lot of Pokemon (Swellow, Pyroar, Jynx). The team definitely isn't the best of the best, but it was very fun to play with. Thanks to eternally for being extremely helpful today, and QQ + his trusty BB-8-NU.
as we added Magmortar last-minute, we figured that we might as well call the team AV Spam, since that's more specific than only the Bouffalant.

workshop logs: http://pastebin.com/qJAjw31g
test battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-384550624 (with Grumpig > Magmortar, we noticed that playing around Rotom was very difficult)
erisia's alternative version of the team: http://hastebin.com/nixazebaca.md

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Hurricane

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast
- Seed Bomb

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Manectric @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

So, the goal here was to build around floatzel, with spikes support to help it clean in the late game. Thus, we started with abomasnow as a wall breaker for float, eventually switching for shiftry to cover out psychic weakness a little better. After that, we realized we had a bit of a fighting weakness, and that we would appreciate a good pivot and stealth rock user, so we added a physically defensive mesprit. We finally decided to add our spiker in garbodor, and since we already had mesprit, we were able to make it an offensive set, and it further helped in reducing our weakness to grass types such as shiftry, and fighting types. After this, we realized we had a weakness to normal types and flying types, so we added DD rhydon, to both provide a win condition, and help our synergy. Finally, we realized that we would appreciate a way to not immediately lose to a well played rotom, and another pivot, so we added manectric.

Special thanks to Venomben, Sir Kay , carcy , and TTFTW

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

As an attempt to summon Disjunction we thought we'd try another (pig) team. CM Grumpig is a pretty good special sweeper that can also tank some hits with its unique resistances. Steelix was selected as a rocker for its obvious synergy and sturdy Normal-resist. LO Shiftry was used to lure Skuntanks out with Explosion and just wallbreak in general, and in combination with Lum Skuntank it provides decent counterplay against Psychic- and Ghost-types that can threaten Grumpig. Scarf Rotom adds some extra Speed and a Ground-immune, alongside Trick for stallbreaking shenanigans, while SD Mystic Water Samurott provides a nice alternative wincon alongside useful resistances and Megahorn to provide a secondary Malamar check. While this team struggles a little with Kangaskhan, Steelix + Skuntank + Scarf Rotom can deal with Kangaspikes to an extent. We also decided to go with Stone Edge Steelix in the end to lure in Charizard and Mantine etc, as we didn't really need Toxic for Musharna.

Special thanks to ~Eternally, nv, Pilobacon, Sir Kay, Yogibears and everyone else who helped out!

Here's some replays where Grumpig contributes a minimal amount -_-

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-385963986
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-385969369

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

So I really wanted something for my 1.9k post to build an Altaria team. Specs Altaria is the only real set of use in NU as it can weaken quite a lot of things due to its Dragon STAB being a bit more potent with the lack of reliable switch-ins. The next slot was tossed around for quite awhile for a hazards mon between defensive Omastar, tank Lix, and Regirock, but we eventually decided on Regirock because of its ability to be a really nice Normal resist as well as our primary Fire check. Weezing was thrown on as our primary Fighting check while also providing TSpikes support for the more stallier teams that the team can't necessarily cripple with Thunder Wave from Regirock. Next up, we know we needed a Psychic and Ice check so we threw on a pig, Grumpig to be exact. CM 3 Atks allowed us to have a pretty decent win condition that appreciated the faster threats being slowed down as well as Altaria's wallbreaking power. Scarf Lilligant was added as a nice cleaner that also gave the team a way to threaten Water-types such as Gastrodon and Samurott, who were otherwise beating this team. Lastly, we knew we needed hazard control esp. with Altaria so we went with Shuca Defog Skuntank to bop the common SR users and to give us more special power, since the team was already leaning that way, to further overpower the opposing foe's special walls.

Special thanks to erisia ~Eternally Jarii Shadestep PrinceLucian and Orphic for helping out with the team.
Holy sht I hit 1.9k I cannot believe that I have posted so much in the time I have been here and I hope to continue posting and being here as long as possible :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)