PS! Importable LC Movesets

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why would you have speed on a magnemite with analytic it seems redundant but good sets nonetheless
Well Analytic Starmie runs Spe just because Analytic boosts happen on the switch, and it' be a waste to run -Spe, It doesnt always have to be slow. Naturally Slow analytic mons can stay slow. Plus you dont wanna be outsped by stupid shit and be dead weight for the team. I forget how fast Mag is... 15 or 16 Spe with a +Spe nature? Something like that? Iunno.

Point being, +Spe is slightly important. Maybe less so in lc but threats MUST be eliminated. Scarf Analytic to cause switches seems like a good idea on paper. But i'd be constantly afraid of Gligar/Bunnelby/Yanma ruining my sweeps. Although Yanma has not been running HP Ground so >:D

The Belly Drum Swirlix set listed has 20 HP EVs. These should be removed because the EVs raise you to 23 HP, an odd number. When Belly Drum is utilized the damage is rounded down from an odd number which means that Berry Juice won't activate and therefore Unburden won't activate.

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Trait: Sticky Hold
Level: 5
EVs: 196 HP / 180 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog / Gunk Shot
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Dark Pulse / Gunk Shot
- Recycle

ugh 4mss

Recycle + Berry Juice + Sticky Hold (Knock Off prevents Recycle) with mono-poison and nice mixed bulk is what separates Trubbish from other poison-types. Also hazards, hazards are awesome. Clear Smog lets you neuter boosts, but it's fairly weak. Dark Pulse hits Poison, Rock, Ground, Steel, and Ghosts for neutral damage, and Gunk Shot (now with 80% accuracy!) lets you actually hurt things like Tangela.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wasnt berry juice banned last gen?
it was banned in DPP LC and in BW LC

EDIT: Incoming second point

Don't be a COMPLETE douche when you're battling, I honestly DONT like berry juice, and I DON'T use it I know how OP it is and how much it kills LC (Hoping it gets banned along with a few other things) and the specs analytic lets you KO almost everything IN LC that doesnt resists its stab or has sturdy plus who doesnt like hitting things coming in with super strong volt switches that wear them down along with SR this mag has lots of use don't rule it out because YOU have no use for it, Also you guys are right about Inkay being sslow, however it stops there. I personally have used Inkay with speed boost torchic, in LC its easy to get to +3 and pass to Inkay and then Hypno and sweep I've done it many times however like noted SPEED is his biggest downfall thanks for the TR idea I've gotta try that out sometime
First off, calm down.

Second off: Your set is fine, it suffers from having to deal with anythign with EQ. I would use it along with Sticky Web but your main concern is always Gligar. Yanma who can run HP Ground is another threat. So you'll need some team support.

Thirdly: Inkay is slow yes, once again, sticky web is your friend.

Fourth: again, calm down about berry juice, personally i find it annoying when i dont ohko a mon and it gets it's health back completely and i ahve ot use someone else to kill it and imight not get anywhere since it outspeeds everyone ihave. But there are ways around berry juice. I mean knock off is prolly the best move for punishing bj users. the only bj mon who is not punishable is swirlix because of unburden.

Finally, I want you to know that you can play your way. I mean ofc people will suggest what they think is better, this is all according to opinion yknow? Just try to be a bit more open to suggestion. I mean in the end, it's your choice to run what you wanna run. I wouild think that analytic specs is a cool idea. Im just afraid of the speed issues i'll run into. Also killing Yanma/Gligar/Bunnelby (if anyone is running it)/any ground move users is a top priority.

Last edited:
lol not as bad as you making the assumption your specs set will be used and popular, just because you believe analytic destroys everything with specs. Also it will die to strong attacks with eviolite or sturdy so your set does have some major flaws, and you've still yet to prove the power of it compared to normal max special attack mag.
Edit: yeah what shakeitup said completely discredits your whole arguement along with what cork said.

I wouldn't go as far as to saaay it's not viable, because not being viable would mean that it DOESN'T WORK, which it does and it works well, it just happens to fall short to the broken recovery that berry juice provides.

AcroFloon

Drifloon (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 36 HP / 200 Atk / 8 Def / 40 SAtk / 200 Spd
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute / Hidden Power Fighting / Hidden Power Fire
- Destiny Bond / Will-o-Wisp / Hypnosis

AcroFloon is back. Flying Gem is gone, but Berry Juice might be even better. Ghost / Flying hits everything except Pawniard and Helioptile, I think. Substitute lets you scout switches and activate Unburden / Berry Juice, Hidden Power Fighting hits Pawniard and Helioptile, as well as smacking Aron and Amaura, and Hidden Power Fire hits Ferroseed and Dry Skin Helioptile. Destiny Bond lets you trade with something on your last legs, and Substitute + Will-o-Wisp lets you checkmate Pawniard, Murkrow, and other pesky Sucker Punch users.

Offensive Calm Mind

EVs: 116 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpA / 8 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute / Recycle
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fighting

Calm Mind Drifloon. Calm Mind until you activate Unburden and Berry Juice, then either sweep or keep boosting and healing with Recycle. Shadow Ball has much better coverage, but you still have to choose between Thunderbolt for Murkrow and HP Fighting for Pawniard and Helioptile.

Bulky Mono-Attacker

EVs: 116 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpA / 8 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recycle / Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-Wisp / Baton Pass

Mono-attacking Floon rises to new heights (heh), with its moves only resisted by Dark and Normal types, who generally hate burn. Recycle + Berry Juice makes Drifloon the only Ghost in LC with reliable recovery, which is a huge plus over, say, Misdreavus, even though it temporarily removes your Unburden Boost. Substitute can be Baton Passed and is helpful to activate Unburden and Berry Juice. Will-o-Wisp lets you cripple Dark and Normal switchins like Murkrow, Pawniard, and Bunnelby. but Baton Pass lets you swap out and give boosts (and subs) to a pokemon better equipped to handle them, like Magnemite or Swirlix.

Last edited:

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This needs to be here.

Misdreavus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick

This is a set that I've been pressing onto a lot of people in late Gen 5 and now. Nasty Plot Missy has always been... pretty nasty... but with Trick and Choice Specs, it has no trouble seizing the momentum needed to give it a window of opportunity to set up and sweep. Non Scarf Choice items in Little Cup are pretty terrible, so obviously switching Specs onto anything will most likely hurt it in some way. This comes with the added bonus that most of Misdreavus's counters are bulky special walls, and they DETEST Choice items. Another cool benefit of Trick is that with the addition of Berry Juice, Misdreavus can easily steal Berry Juices, consume them, and recover its health in one swift move, all the while crippling opponents. With the ban of Sneasel, Misdreavus has relatively few hard counters / checks, as it speed ties with everything and has the bulk to tank priority attacks. With its high speed, it can easily outspeed most of the tier and sweep at +2. The buff to Ghost-type has greatly helped it this gen, and with Shadow Ball now hitting Steel-types just as hard as HP Fighting, it's hard to wall. HP Fighting rounds off the set and provides perfect coverage with SBall.

It has been confirmed too that Pokebank Misdreavus gets Dazzling Gleam, which is better than Hidden Power Fighting in a number of ways. For one, it hits Dark-types a lot harder, now the only type that resists Ghost. It also doesn't force Missy to sacrifice a point in Speed and Special Attack that it has to make up with added EVs, letting Missy run a spread of 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe Timid that boosts its Defense stat by one point, with every other stat the same. The only downsides to Dazzling Gleam is that it's perfect coverage with Shadow Ball like Hidden Power Fighting is; Missy loses then against Pawniard and many Normal-types, such as Munchlax / Porygon whom aren't hit as hard by HP Fighting.

This needs to be here.

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

This is a set that I've been pressing onto a lot of people in late Gen 5 and now. Nasty Plot Missy has always been... pretty nasty... but with Trick and Choice Specs, it has no trouble seizing the momentum needed to give it a window of opportunity to set up and sweep. Non Scarf Choice items in Little Cup are pretty terrible, so obviously switching Specs onto anything will most likely hurt it in some way. This comes with the added bonus that most of Misdreavus's counters are bulky special walls, and they DETEST Choice items. Another cool benefit of Trick is that with the addition of Berry Juice, Misdreavus can easily steal Berry Juices, consume them, and recover its health in one swift move, all the while crippling opponents. With the ban of Sneasel, Misdreavus has relatively few hard counters / checks, as it speed ties with everything and has the bulk to tank priority attacks. With its high speed, it can easily outspeed most of the tier and sweep at +2. The buff to Ghost-type has greatly helped it this gen, and with Shadow Ball now hitting Steel-types just as hard as HP Fighting, it's hard to wall. HP Fighting rounds off the set and provides perfect coverage with SBall.

It has been confirmed too that Pokebank Misdreavus gets Dazzling Gleam, which is better than Hidden Power Fighting in a number of ways. For one, it hits Dark-types a lot harder, now the only type that resists Ghost. It also doesn't force Missy to sacrifice a point in Speed and Special Attack that it has to make up with added EVs, letting Missy run a spread of 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe Timid that boosts its Defense stat by one point, with every other stat the same. The only downsides to Dazzling Gleam is that it's perfect coverage with Shadow Ball like Hidden Power Fighting is; Missy loses then against Pawniard and many Normal-types, such as Munchlax / Porygon whom aren't hit as hard by HP Fighting.
Everything you said is perfectly right, but nasty plot should have a slash with dazzling gleam behind it. As hp fighting is the more consistent choice, having a third attack to nail fighting and dark types like eviolite murkrow switching in on a hp fighting after specs is tricked away.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, the point of the set is to Trick the Specs away and then set up Nasty Plot to sweep with two moves. Without Nasty Plot, Misdreavus is actually pretty weak because it doesn't have powerful attacks to abuse with its high SpA stat. To be honest, I don't think Hidden Power Fighting is so much better than Dazzling Gleam that it warrants its own slot and forces Dzzle / NP to be squished into another; again, aside from Pawniard and Normal-types, Dazzling Gleam literally hits every viable Dark-type harder. Nasty Plot needs its own slot, and then it's up to the player to decide whether they want to hit Murkrow / Vullaby / Scraggy or Pawniard / Porygon / Munchlax.

Well, the point of the set is to Trick the Specs away and then set up Nasty Plot to sweep with two moves. Without Nasty Plot, Misdreavus is actually pretty weak because it doesn't have powerful attacks to abuse with its high SpA stat. To be honest, I don't think Hidden Power Fighting is so much better than Dazzling Gleam that it warrants its own slot and forces Dzzle / NP to be squished into another; again, aside from Pawniard and Normal-types, Dazzling Gleam literally hits every viable Dark-type harder. Nasty Plot needs its own slot, and then it's up to the player to decide whether they want to hit Murkrow / Vullaby / Scraggy or Pawniard / Porygon / Munchlax.
Still it won't always be able to trick away the specs, and fairy coverage is incredible once your other coverage wears down its switch ins

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Any reason why thunderbolt isn't there? If you're going to try to sweep with this set after tricking something away Pawniard better be dead so don't see too much merit in HP Fighting. I've always used the set with Tbolt and have really appreciated not inviting Murkrow to switch in for free later when they find out you're choiced. I could be totally wrong and the neutral coverage from Dgleam or the hit on Pawniard is actually valuable, but I always want Tbolt to hit murk / vullaby switch ins both before and after Tricking!

Edit: I guess dazzling gleam hits these two as well, but Tbolt has the advantage of hitting bulky waters for more after an np while I don't see any specific benefits of Dgleam besides like the combo or hitting the two birds + scraggy

Last edited:
Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 236 HP / 104 Atk / 80 Def / 76 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

This is the Archen from Raichy's team in the Sample Teams thread. I'm gonna drop it here partly because Electro wants it and partly because it's amazing, walls 'Krow and Yanma completely and gives a solid check to Gligar as well, any non-SE special attack just gets Roosted off and Archen can U-turn out if it cant do enough damage to win the fight with HP[Ice] or Rock Slide.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Any reason why thunderbolt isn't there? If you're going to try to sweep with this set after tricking something away Pawniard better be dead so don't see too much merit in HP Fighting. I've always used the set with Tbolt and have really appreciated not inviting Murkrow to switch in for free later when they find out you're choiced. I could be totally wrong and the neutral coverage from Dgleam or the hit on Pawniard is actually valuable, but I always want Tbolt to hit murk / vullaby switch ins both before and after Tricking!

Edit: I guess dazzling gleam hits these two as well, but Tbolt has the advantage of hitting bulky waters for more after an np while I don't see any specific benefits of Dgleam besides like the combo or hitting the two birds + scraggy
I guess I don't really see the point in running t-bolt when it isn't really even beating the most common bulky water types in the tier. I'd rather hit both Slowking and Chinchou with shadow ball. The only thing that is annoyed more by t-bolt is yanma (skrelp and tentacool also i guess) which is either going to win regardless (compound eyes) or lose regardless (speed boost). HP fighting at least prevents Pawniard from setting up, while icy wind can also be a cool option for donking gligar. Considering that trick, s-ball, and d-gleam (best coverage option) are three things you should be using, t bolt just kind of pales in comparison to nasty plot, w-o-w, and HP fighting :/.

Sorry if this is rambly or incoherent, I'm on my phone and its late.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
updated the thread. Tell me what sets you want to add (remember this isn't the new and creative moveset thread) and ill add them. This thread will be locked in a few days once more threads are created in the C&C forum, where you can take sets from there.

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

It has been confirmed too that Pokebank Misdreavus gets Dazzling Gleam, which is better than Hidden Power Fighting in a number of ways. For one, it hits Dark-types a lot harder, now the only type that resists Ghost. It also doesn't force Missy to sacrifice a point in Speed and Special Attack that it has to make up with added EVs, letting Missy run a spread of 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe Timid that boosts its Defense stat by one point, with every other stat the same. The only downsides to Dazzling Gleam is that it's perfect coverage with Shadow Ball like Hidden Power Fighting is; Missy loses then against Pawniard and many Normal-types, such as Munchlax / Porygon whom aren't hit as hard by HP Fighting.[/quote]

Still it won't always be able to trick away the specs, and fairy coverage is incredible once your other coverage wears down its switch ins

This set is amazing, and this guy is kinda right, However I think it should be Trick Shadow Ball Nasty Plot and Gleam, seeing as how HP ground only hits fires, and steels and electric types, now why would you wanna hit those types with a base 60 attack and not your STAB? and as for gleam it hits literally everything that resists shadowball... I'm just saying tho

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

This set is amazing, and this guy is kinda right, However I think it should be Trick Shadow Ball Nasty Plot and Gleam, seeing as how HP ground only hits fires, and steels and electric types, now why would you wanna hit those types with a base 60 attack and not your STAB? and as for gleam it hits literally everything that resists shadowball... I'm just saying tho[/quote]
Thanks for agreeing with me, but why would you post electro's set, like you made it yourself. Its the exact same set we didn't need you to pretty much C/P his set.

I'm not posting it as if I made it I just wanted to quote it so you knew I was talking about that and not something random and off topic whic would be misdre

240 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Munchlax: 6-8 (20 - 26.6%) -- 1.4% chance to 4HKO
240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Munchlax: 10-12 (33.3 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 240 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Munchlax: 11-14 (36.6 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Munchlax: 18-22 (60 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Misdreavus only 3HKOs RecycleJuice Munchlax anyway, while it can tank a hit and Whirlwind Misdreavus out.

+2 240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 14-18 (53.8 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 240 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 9-11 (34.6 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 20-24 (95.2 - 114.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
240 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 59.1% chance to 3HKO

Only two situations where HP Fighting is better. Lickitung too I guess, but nobody runs Lickitung anymore because Spritzee.

240 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Murkrow: 22-28 (100 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Murkrow: 9-11 (40.9 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
+2 240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Murkrow: 17-21 (77.2 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 240 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 18-22 (78.2 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 10-12 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
+2 240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 7-9 (30.4 - 39.1%) -- 85.5% chance to 3HKO
240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 4-5 (17.3 - 21.7%) -- possible 5HKO
36 Atk Vullaby Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Misdreavus: 14-20 (63.6 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP (0 IVs) / 36 SpD Carvanha: 18-22 (94.7 - 115.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+2 240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 60 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 16-20 (80 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
240 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 60 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 20-28 (100 - 140%) -- guaranteed OHKO

In conclusion, Dazzling Gleam is PROBABLY better, since HP Fighting only hits two things harder, and Pawniard isn't used more than every other Dark-type in the tier combined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)