PS! Importable LC Movesets

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, now that PS has officially implemented the fact that type gems XY (aside from Normal) are illegal, there is a need to fix the two offensive Gligar sets. Some people have stated that we should alter the sets by simply replacing Flying Gem with Berry Juice, but I have done some testing and feel that such a simple change might not be adequate enough in fixing the set.

The problem is that the offensive sets can no longer function as bulky Fighting-, Grass-, and Bug-type checks, some of Gligar's most important niches. Due to Gligar's resistances and natural bulk, it isn't usually going to switch into something that will bring it into Berry Juice range, making a quick and powerful Flying-type attack ready for use. Gligar can easily switch in on Timburr's Drain Punch, but can't even 2HKO with Berry Juice Acrobatics and is then just OHKOd by Ice Punch. The same scenario applies when Meditite is the Fighting-type in question. Gligar can still defeat Grass- and Bug-type relatively easily because they rarely carry coverage moves to hit it hard, but will still find it difficult to remove them quickly and efficiently.

For a more multipurpose set, I would suggest you slash in Substitute with Swords Dance on the Baton Pass set (now using Berry Juice). Substitute lets you force Gligar down to Berry Juice range, get rid of your item for full powered Acrobatics, and have the freedom to heal if you don't need Acrobatics. It also works great with Baton Pass, so it's a good compromise. Since Gligar forces switches a lot, Substitute can also be used to scout switches and status moves that people try to use on it. It solves all of Gligar's problems without cutting down on its viability, just at the cost of a moveslot.

I feel as if running no item is also a great alternative way to run Gligar if having an immediately available Acrobatics is what you need. Gligar doesn't lose power at all and can still hit decently hard, 2 or OHKO'ing the things that it used to beat. (much preferred over 2-3-4HKOing with weak Acrobaticses) This gives Gligar immediate power. It also gives Gligar the benefit of not being weak to Knock Off on the switch in.
Keep in mind that this is a very offensive styled take on the set, and meant for teams that need Gligar to eliminate many things as quickly as possible. It is not as solid as the Substitute idea but does open up a slot for maybe SR/Defog or Swords Dance.

I really want to see Substitute slashed with Swords Dance on the BP set at least, and maybe no item for the hazard support offensive set. Gligar needs its offensive power more than its bulk on those sets, so compromises must be made.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just to minimize confusion, let's make sure Sneasel gets removed from the OP!

Shellder @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
Level: 5
EVs: 80 HP / 156 Atk / 196 Def / 76 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

sparktrain's CAP Team Archive

Team 1 - Tailwind Offense

Solid squad that takes advantage of Fidgit's sexy 6-turn Tailwinds. Set it up, then wreak havoc with LO Kyurem-B and LO Aurumoth. TankChomp + Mega Scizor check a lot of shit for the team, Thundurus acts as an emergency stop to opposing setup mons (rarely do they get that opportunity). The blend of powerful mixed attackers + extended tailwind makes it difficult for stall and offense alike to stand up to.
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Fidgit @ Black Sludge
Ability: Persistent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Spikes
- Taunt
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Roost

Aurumoth @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 72 Atk / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Psychic
- Close Combat
- Blizzard
- Overheat

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Psychic

Team 2 - Cawmodore Balance

Fairly standard team with the goal of trapping and crippling Cawmodore's checks and counters so it can clean up late-game. Two Trick users help provide more setup opportunities for Cawmodore. Mega Metagross is used to blast through the Fairy-types this archetype normally has some problems with and provides some serious wallbreaking power. Team is pretty Zard-X weak if Tomo goes down, so keep it healthy + be cautious if you see opposing Goth in team preview; be ready to pull some doubles with Colossoil to Pursuit trap it and you'll be golden.
Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Roost

Mollux @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Rapid Spin

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm

Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

Team 3 - Moth Offense

A slightly updated version of the squad I used in game 3 of my battle of the week with Exclaimer, where BU Talonflame pretty much stole the show. Quite a few wincons to pick from when using the team; most games Serp will punch some holes and open up some doors for one of the other setup mons or Stratagem to clean. Mega Scizor / Iron Head Cawmodore can be a pain, but there are plenty of Fire-type moves on the team to help you play around them.
Aurumoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Shadow Ball

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch

Stratagem @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 28 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Ancient Power
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Team 4 - EVEN BETTER MOTH OFFENSE

A fun team I made with cbrevan that's actually not half bad. It was built on the premise of "ok, we gotta test this shit in CAP. and this. and this." Featuring bulky QD Volcarona, Stallbreaker Naviathan, and Support Mega Gardevoir, this team is pretty janky but effective nonetheless. On the original version of the team, there was even a Cyclohm set with no STAB and Ice Beam to screw with sdef Gliscor, so you can use that if you're real enough.
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Naviathan @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Taunt
- Scald

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit

Cyclohm @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off
- Heal Bell

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Will-O-Wisp
- Wish
- Protect

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Air Slash

----

use these teams at your own risk

Last edited:
If you're still looking for a Surskit set I'm using this one on my LC team:

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability:Swift Swim
EV's: 236 Spd / 180 SDef / 92 HP
IV's: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
-Sticky Web
-Protect
-Baton Pass
-Hydro Pump

Sticky Web is useful to slow down Grounded Pokemon which can help it's teammates to outspeed the pokemon that was giving it problems now that the opposing Pokemon has -1 speed so it can be a clean KO without taking unnecessary damage which helps big time.

Protect is to scout what my opponent will do to me.It serves well with Fake Out users such as Meditite,Mienfoo,Meowth,Croagunk (MMM).It also helps to see what my opponent will do on the turn so I can get an idea of what should I do next? Like playing mind games with my opponent.

Baton Pass serves to get out of bad situations like when I get trapped by stuff like Wynaut or the very rare Diglett.So I possibly make them think twice before they try to hit me with their respective attack and it's also very useful against Pursuit users such as Murkrow which are a pain to deal with as it hits really hard.

Last but not least,Hydro Pump.I basically run it so I don't get completely shutdown by taunt users such as Gligar which can be killed or maybe 2HKOed by a Hydro Pump.

This set is basically a Lead set with Focus Sash as Surskit will most likely die in 1 blow from pretty much anything and with Sash I can guarantee it will get up Sticky Web regardless of what my opponent tries to do.

In my opinion Surski finally found viability and I'm really happy about that because it used to be one of the Pokemon everybodyt ignored in Gen 5 cause it was awful and useless now it's back to get it's revenge on the ones who hated this little guy.He was like "when gen 6 comes out I'm gonna be more useful than my worthless evolution" .

New to LC but I tried my best to do sets for Scarf Magnemite,Magnet Pull Magnemite and Shellos..

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 Spd / 240 SAtk / 28 Def
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Standard Scarf with 4 attacks. Also I think HP fire is better to hit pokemon like Ferroseed and other Magnemites.

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SAtk / 236 HP
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

You trap Steel-Type pokemon, you proceed to trap them and Sub and from there you kill them with HP fire. But I honestly think this set would much more appreciate speed than HP evs. I would like to hear from you what is more needed.

Shellos @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 Def / 184 SDef / 72 HP / 40 Spd
Bold Nature
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald

An Infestation/Toxic that I came up with. When you want to toxic something or kill you can use infestation, trap them and Toxic or Scald away. Also Shellos has access to Recover like Gastro so that's a plus..

The EVs on Tangela's bulky attacker should get fixed. It has SDef listed twice, and 80/200 should be 76/196 respectively.

Rain Dance Bulky Special Sweeper Shellos

Shellos @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs/ 192 HP/ 60 SDef/ 252 Sp Atk

- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Mud Bomb
- Recover

This set is viable because Shellos can take hits, have more power with rain dance and can get Storm Drain Power by using a pokemon weak to water as bait, if Shellos is running out of hp, it can recover.

This set to me seems pretty good.

[...]
Magnemite @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SAtk / 236 HP
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

You trap Steel-Type pokemon, you proceed to trap them and Sub and from there you kill them with HP fire. But I honestly think this set would much more appreciate speed than HP evs. I would like to hear from you what is more needed.

[...]
My little cent about that. I think Magnet Rise and Volt Switch are always essential moves for this kind of set. The first makes it immune to Ground-type attacks for 5 turns and it's a good thing for an Electric-type. The second allows Magnemite to switch out and that could be a good choice when opponent mon is enough dangerous or to switch-in with an appropiate reply.
Investing in speed isn't usually needed. An Evs like 156 HP / 36 Def / 240 SpA / 76 SpD, would be the best, even vs SubMurkrov or Mienfoo.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Suicide Lead Spinarak

Spinarak @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Spikes / Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab / Protect

Main job is to put down Sticky Web. Sticky Web provides massive team support in that it lowers the opponent's speed upon switch-in. Max Attack in case the opponent doesn't break the Focus Sash or you are able to switch in later with Sticky Web down.

Last edited:
Suicide Lead Spinarak

Spinarak @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab

Main job is to put down Sticky Web. Sticky Web provides massive team support in that it lowers the opponent's speed upon switch-in. Max Attack in case the opponent doesn't break the Focus Sash or you are able to switch in later with Sticky Web down.
Sucker Punch should be slashed before Toxic Spikes. Most teams can't benefit from Toxic Spikes anyways, given the offensive nature of XY LC

Suicide Lead Spinarak

Spinarak @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab

along with what kavatika said, poison jab should have baton pass as a slash, as if they don't break your sub this slow baton pass can gain momentum

Sucker Punch should be slashed before Toxic Spikes. Most teams can't benefit from Toxic Spikes anyways, given the offensive nature of XY LC
Shadow Sneak is a lot more reliable. Also, maybe Protect over Poison Jab, it lets you set up against Fake OUt leads and Megahorn has pretty amazing coverage by itself, especially with Swarm.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Surskit (Sticky Web)

I CALLED IT

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs 236 Spd / 196 SpA
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam
- Ice Beam

I love this set. (i like lo cause quick sweeps are fun but sash is a MUCH better option for safety) Hydro Pump destroys all it touches unless it's resisted. (Scald offers a safer/weaker/burn chanced option over hydro pump). signal beam is secondary stab to nail psychics/darks and ice beam rounds off the set, scaring away gligar who would love to trounce you and defog your web away.

EDIT: didnt mean to link a user in my shit yo.

Last edited:
Ferroseed @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 164 HP / 188 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed / Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Seed / Iron Head
forgot some evs, also why is it shiny

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fixed the Spinarak moveset, Protect is better than Baton Pass in most situations, you would have a more specialized Spinarak if you're going with Baton Pass.

the current pawniard is messed up, no knock off?????
should be changed to this imo:
Pawniard @ Berry Juice / Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Spe / 76 HP
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Substitute / Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

the slashes depend on what's better for your team. Basically kills everything with knock off. Come in on a defog and own shit

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You could even slash in Choice Scarf with speed EVs just to spam hardcore Knock Offs. Also Brick Break is a solid option for hitting other Pawniards (4mss 4lyfe ;w;)

Why is this not on here?

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SAtk / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Modest Nature + max speed hits 24 spe, outspeeding all unboosted mons and some choice scarf users, like Magnemite and Amaura. Timid Nature can be used to outspeed +2 180+ tirtouga easily koing if sturdy is broken. Best part about this is consistent pressure on Gligar.

Last edited:
Magnemite @ choice specs
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 52 def 228 spatk 220 speed
Nature: Modest

-thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-hpfire
-volt switch

Ive used this ALOT magnemite has great resistances so he can make use of the boost from its ability after taking a hit he can still KO ANYTHING in lc that doesnt resist either if its a 2hko or 1hko mag hits super hard tbolt and flashcannon are dual stab Volt switch for some momentum and then hp fire helps you ko other steels mainly ferro which is def ohkoed lol and of course grass types like tangela who can only even knock off or sleep powder mag which isnt a huge provlem because the boost from its ability still make him hit pretty hard even if the specs is knocke off, well thats what i use thoughts?

Inkay @ eviolite
Trait: Contary
Ev: 196 def 104 def 152 hp 100 atk

-hypnosis
-super power
-psyco cut
-night slash

Simple sweeper probably got the evs wrong dont know em off my head i will def edit it latr but yea basically come out hit the hypnosis or shit bricks if u miss... Lol jk but yea after i hit the hypnosis i either super power or night slash (if they have a ghost waiting to take the SP)

Both of the above sets are kinda outclassed;sturdyjuice mag is probs the best mag set and inkay flat-out sucks.
Also i love scarfchou
edit-i just dont see a niche established by superpower contrary.... if you have evidence to the contrary please do tell. anyway the content isnt presented well, either, so im still doubting the validity of the set.

Last edited:
Kingler don't you insult inkay also tr is better for inkay as it gets fast Superpowers, and it already slow enough to outspeed all prominent faster threats that can kill it under TR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)