Problems with Pinch Berry Activation and Burn/Toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often use a Cacturne in OU with Liechi Berry, and have the following problem when badly poisoned. I don't think this is how it's supposed to be, but if it is, just let me know.

What happens is that when Cacturne is poisoned, burned, or badly poisoned, and the burn/poison damage causes it to fall into Liechi range, the Liechi berry does not activate that turn. Instead, it activates the following turn, usually just before Cacturne dies of toxic damage. I'll give a sample log to clarify (not an actual log). Cacturne has 35% of its health before the log starts.
Cacturne used Seed Bomb. Suicune lost 62% of its health. Suicune used Calm Mind. Suicune's Sp. Atk rose! Suicune's Sp. Def rose! Cacturne is hurt by poison! Cacturne lost 18% of its health.

Cacturne now is at 17% of its health, but liechi berry hasn't activated.
Next turn, this happens:

Cacturne used Seed Bomb. Suicune lost 63% of its health. Suicune fainted! Cacturne's Liechi berry raised its attack! Cacturne is hurt by poison! Cacturne lost 24% of its health. Cacturne fainted!

As you see, this can get extremely annoying. Is the program supposed to check for a pinch berry BEFORE it does toxic/burn/poison, or is it a glitch?

No, it's definitely a glitch. First time I've heard such an issue happen on Shoddy though.

You should probably post it on the bug tracker.

it has happened to me two using a ninjask with leichi too, i subbed to 25% health or even lower and didn't activate, then the next turn, shocked by this i would use protect and after taking no damage the berry activated, it was quite frustrating

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have noticed a similar glitch with Oran berry, and even found a youtube vid that shows how it should behave. Numbuh said that he had fixed it but something about not integrating the whole patch with Dougs update/wanting to get several fixes in one go iirc.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
We know this is wrong. However, as I've said before, we are not fixing bugs in Shoddy Battle 1 anymore. Shoddy Battle 2 is a new codebase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)