Gen 6 Primal Groudon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not run 60 Spe to outspeed Scarf Xerneas? Granted, it can't do much to you (around 38.6 - 45.7% with Focus Blast) but I think it best to avoid unnecessary damage after you set-up since you need to tank a strong hit to set up the Rock Polish

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why not run 60 Spe to outspeed Scarf Xerneas? Granted, it can't do much to you (around 38.6 - 45.7% with Focus Blast) but I think it best to avoid unnecessary damage after you set-up since you need to tank a strong hit to set up the Rock Polish
Neutral Scarf Xern hits 297 * 1.5 = 445.5 which is covered by 56 EVs (230 * 2 = 460). More speed is needed for positive Scarf base 99s, which isn't usually worth it IMO. Gene does very little damage and I think Xern runs neutral non-max Speed anyway.

Also lmk if my calcs are off

Neutral Scarf Xern hits 297 * 1.5 = 445.5 which is covered by 56 EVs (230 * 2 = 460). More speed is needed for positive Scarf base 99s, which isn't usually worth it IMO. Gene does very little damage and I think Xern runs neutral non-max Speed anyway.

Also lmk if my calcs are off
I accidentally used 184 EV Positive Nature for Xern lol. Please disregard the previous post

I have a question. What OHKOs and 2HKOs does Precipice Blades give over EQ to make it the primary stab of choice? Do the extra attack points really make it more valuable than 100% accuracy?

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a question. What OHKOs and 2HKOs does Precipice Blades give over EQ to make it the primary stab of choice? Do the extra attack points really make it more valuable than 100% accuracy?
Don't have an easy way to calc atm, but generally speaking your targets will have have taken prior damage (or you will play in a way that whatever needs to take prior damage will take it), so having more power will lead to more KOs.

On defensive Primal Groudon imo Earthquake is better. Often times you will just need to get a bit of damage off (so an opposing setup sweeper can be revenged killed or whatever), in which case you don't really want to miss.

That said, I feel like it's mostly preference. What you choose will change your playstyle a little bit, as with Blades you obviously will want to take into account the accuracy when trying to sweep (like maybe you can with a more accurate setup sweeper, but it will take longer to set up with win condition). With EQ maybe you want to focus on more hazards and double switching to pressure the opposing Pokemon so that EQ will get the needed KOs.

There isn't really a very simple answer to this unfortunately. Blades puts more pressure on mons in general and should thus be used when you need that extra damage, whether you are running a defensive or offensive don doesn't really matter, and it's ignorant to assume "EQ is better on defensive don" when it can just be that extra pressure on a defog Arceus that allows you to win the hazard game. Look at the calcs your team structure achieves against the threats Groudon needs to beat. If you are satisfied with EQs damage output then by all means go ahead. I personally recommend PBlades if you don't really have any clue (for any set) because 85 % accuracy is still rather reliable (especially in tour play). But yeah make an effort into calcing what your team really needs out of your Pdon.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
One notable target that Defensive PDon can 2hko with PBlade is bulky Primal Kyogre. You'll need SR to do it though, and maybe a little bit of investment.

If Im running offensive SR PDon w/ Fire Punch, I'd also run PBlade for the damage as Fire Punch already grants me a consistent damage source if needed.

For the most part it's really just preference. "Aids Blades" vs Earthquake is really similar to Fire Blast vs Flamethrower.

Adding on what Lemonade said, PB's main reasons to use it over EQ are the more damages you get on Xerneas, Kyogre and opposing PDons. Especially on the latter, PB really helps PDon to help other PDons, as EQ is generally not strong enough to kill that. Other than that, I agree that the choice between EQ and PB depends on the team you are using, on the way you want to use it etc, even if I personally prefer it in at least the offensive sets for the more fire power it has, even if the chance to miss is something really painful.

EDIT: looks like I got ninja'd ;_; I agree with everything Jibaku and Hack said, though.

A set that I saw @umade/umate used that I thought was really interesting is:

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Overheat
- Rest

This specially defensive Primal Groudon is an exceptional check to Primal Kyogre and spreads paralysis remarkably well. This set is best use with a cleric such as Xerneas which also has great synergy with Primal Groudon. Moreover, an alternate Stealth Rock setter is recommended although one can forgo Overheat in this set for Stealth Rock if coverage is not a priority.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Excuse me, I don't know what you're going on about, but it's MY artwork from MY art account. Not yours. Don't be steal from me, claim it as your own, be a hypocrite and accuse others other stealing from you when it isn't your artwork
Since the Ubers sub forum is pretty dead at the moment anyways I'll explain why this bothers me.

Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures Inc. jointly have the rights of Pokemon reserved, and this includes the likenesses of Pokemon. This means that your artwork is actually already stealing (from the perspective of law) from these three parties. Accusing someone else of theft when they share this art is laughable since you don't own it to begin with. If Nintendo wanted they could threaten with a cease and desist of your artwork since you are publishing and selling it (commissions) without their written consent (this has actually happened a number of times in regards to Pokemon related art). Naturally it isn't worth Nintendo's time to actually do this to anyone who's work is taken or inspired from Pokemon, but the fact still stands that you can't actually claim the rights of that art.

People are usually nice about this stuff and do ask permission from the artist before using artwork even if the artist doesn't own it from a legal perspective, but by no means are they legally or morally obligated to do so. By publishing art that you don't own and don't intend to profit from you are openly inviting people to share that art with others, after all the reason it was published was to be shared.

I've also made a lot of fan art, and sure I would feel a bit persecuted if someone else credited my artwork to their name or tried to profit from it, but that is not at all the case here. This is just a user that selected your art to their avatar and then made a stupid joke about how the thread OP also selected the same art. No need to bump a dead thread to accuse an inactive user of a crime they didn't even commit.

This thread, along with the P Ogre thread can probably just be locked at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)