Prankster Sun~ How long can I keep it bright?

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello fellow battlers! Jac here with an LC Sun Team with a twist on priority. This is prolly the 5th sun team i've made this gen and i have to say it's the most fun i've had with a sun team.

I'll show you the gleaming beauty of the sun.

Okay serious time. This team was tossed together quickly and now it's a huge success. I do have some issues to work out but overall I think i've made a gem here. Now, on with the show!

Teambuilding:

Sun Teams require Vulpix. Add one Vulpix. No further words on that note.

Sun requires Abusers, What better way to abuse sun than with Chlorophyll? I've used Bellsprout a lot and i know i can rely on it to smash the opposition.

Next abuser had to also have cholorphyll so I needed another old favorite of the sun. Oddish seemed to fit my bill consistantly.

Now i needed supporters. I wanted to abuse Prankster to set up the Sun continually, while disrupting my opponent's pokemon. Let's go with Purrloin~

Now i needed someone to bash the shit out of certain threats like Gligar / Meditite. The perfect bird for that job is Murkrow!

Last Slot, last chance to add someone else to set up sun. Originally i wanted to use Riolu but it didnt work out... So last but not least Cottonee <3

AT A GLANCE

IN DEPTH

Shine brighter...

Elba~ (Vulpix) (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Level: 5
EVs: 196 SAtk / 52 HP / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Protect

This little fox's main job is Setting up the Sun for 8 Turns and destroying weakened slower mons with it's main stab, Fire Blast. Energy Ball is for Chinchous who think they will just leave with a small raze. Will-o-wisp is a niche option to burn all those pesky fighting types but I risk getting my Heat Rock knocked off. Burning them is usually as good as loosing it. Protect is to scout Fake Outs and other certain moves.

Bold and Beautiful...

Golden Gosh~ (Bellsprout) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 196 SAtk / 116 HP / 196 Spd
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Bellsprout's evolution holds a great reputation for being able to run Weather Ball and Hidden Power together without difficulty, a claim that most Chlorophyll sweepers can hold up to. Bellsprout hits hard under the sun, 17 SpA + Life Orb is nothing to trifle with. STABs of choice being Giga Drain to replenish lost health, and Sludge Bomb which nails a lot for heavy damage. Weather Ball also gets beefed up to a 100 base power Fire type move under the Sun. This is used to maim Steels trying to come in on Sludge Bomb. Sunny Day is there just in case Bellsprout is stuck by itself.

Hurr... it's a Pokemon Black/Black 2 Exclusive...

Hugh~ (Cottonee) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 Def / 196 SDef / 112 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Sunny Day
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Dazzling Gleam

Welcome to the first nightmarish Pokemon on my team. Obviously why Sunny Day is there. The Combo of Encore and Stun Spore is used to disrupt set up sweepers and potential threats to my Chlorophyll sweepers. Gligar being immune to Thunder Wave and not to Stun Spore is a godsend. Dazzling Gleam rounds off my set with a managable attack to maim Taunt users from maiming me. The EVs are a bit wonky since i need bulk. Eviolite provides me with enough fats to take a few hits. Nothing Poison typed though...

Classy Cat who isnt Persian? More at 11!!

Chantel~ (Purrloin) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 228 Spd / 196 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- Sunny Day
- Knock Off

This is absolutely my favorite team member. She gets up Sun, she screws over SubTorchic, She knocks off Eviolites, She paralyzes threats AND she's somewhat bulky?! *ahem* In all seriousness, being 2HKO'd by things is big considering that all i need is 2 moves to really get somewhere. Usually Thunder Wave will happen first, then dependant on how much HP i have, i'll either Knock off their item, or i'll just set up Sun.

The password is: All Hail Giovanni.

Brujeria~ (Murkrow) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 188 Spd / 72 SAtk / 236 Atk
Naive Nature
- Sunny Day
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Icy Wind

This black bird has plagued all of NU and LC with it's ridic stats and it's superb movepool. Once again Sunny Day is needed just because i love the bright lights. Now this set as you can see past that, is a MixKrow set. There's no Heat Wave or Insomnia though. The EVs and 3 more important attacks are there. Brave Bird and Sucker Punch are the STABS of choice for me. Icy Wind is mainly for Gligar. Also trolling set up sweepers.

420BLAZEITUP

Raggedy Anne~ (Oddish) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 SAtk / 76 HP
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sunny Day
- Dazzling Gleam

Last but not least, We have Oddish. Usually i'll use Oddish first to 'weed' out some of the early mess. Notably destroying Fighting / Dark Pokemon with the newly added toy in Dazzling Gleam. STABs once again are Giga Drain for health gains, and Sludge Bomb for power. Sunny Day is on here on the off chance i need another bout of Sun.

Threatlist

Munchlax walls my team super hard unless i can destroy it with Krow. But if Krow is gone, i have no way of beating it.

Sun lasting 5-8 turns makes it hard to get all my threats out. Runnning Eviolite hinders my capability to hold the Sun up as opposed to using a Heat Rock.

IMPORTABLE (there is a lot of shinies in there... but the sun shines bright so please understand<3)

Elba~ (Vulpix) (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 196 SAtk / 52 HP / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Golden Gosh~ (Bellsprout) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 SAtk / 116 HP / 196 Spd
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Hugh~ (Cottonee) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 200 Def / 196 SDef / 112 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Dazzling Gleam

Chantel~ (Purrloin) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 228 Spd / 196 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- Sunny Day
- Knock Off

Brujeria~ (Murkrow) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 188 Spd / 72 SAtk / 236 Atk
Naive Nature
- Sunny Day
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Icy Wind

Raggedy Anne~ (Oddish) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 SAtk / 76 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sunny Day
- Dazzling Gleam
[hide/]

Last Words

(inb4 Fantasy Heaven)

Serious note though, what im really looking for in a replacement is a physical Chlorophyll Pokemon to get past Munchlax. If you think i need to change other things, by all means~

While this team hits mercilessly hard and is difficult to out-speed, there is a lot of redundancy of typing. Your weakness to ice is not impossible to get around, but missy can come in on either of your abusers and revenge kill, leaving you with no safe switches out.

Solar beam will probably the preferred choice on vulpix for hitting water types harder, your team actually could use more solar beam

Taunt is almost essential on every prankster, which all three of your pranksters. Taunt would be good to prevent sweepers from setting up, Icy wind can be replaced by taunt on murkrow, Knock off on purloin, and probably encore on cotonee

Give oddish 0 HP IV's so it takes only 1 HP recoil from life orb

Besides murkrow and knock off on purloin, your team is entirely special attackers, to make it up, you can make bellsprout a physical attacker with Swords dance, seed bomb, sucker punch, and return/sleep powder/knock off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)