Post your searing hot takes

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TikTok may be cringe, but it's no shitter than Vine. The only difference is that you're 10 years older now.

Just be like me and content yourself by watching UnusualVideos, Twitch streamers reacting to meme compilations, Twitch streamers doing You Laugh You Lose challenges, and/or by having a crippling addiction to Twitter.

You don't need to go to the source and risk having a 15 year old girl pop up in your feed when people have already done the work of filtering that shit out for you.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Oh boy, now I wanna come back and post even more hot takes. If you disagree with these, than that's completely fine, and you'll just be re-inforcing my point of calling them "hot takes" to begin with.

• Extensive global cooling would be a bigger threat to humanity than extensive global warming in the long run. People tend to spend enough time think about the consequences of the world heating up to where we just as easily forget about how life can be affected even more so by sharp absences of heat. This is only becoming more true as plants and animals try to adapt to environments that are warming up, meaning that sudden decreases in temperature would be more likely to have negative effects on modern evolutionary offspring, whose populations among plants and animals alike we would eventually depend on for food and resources.

• There was never anything wrong with the idea of a person shipping him/herself with a fictional character until the Internet came along and allowed people to take things way too far. So long as age and family (that is to say, no in-family ships) rules are followed and no explicit material is being created that negatively impacts whatever franchise, series, etc. the character comes from, I never have and still see nothing wrong with people having childhood crushes on characters from these kinds of material. The same opinion applies to shipping two characters from the same I.P. to a slightly lesser extent, with the same rules also remaining in effect.

• The true golden age of video game history occurred between 1998 and 2003. During this span was when the gaming industry had feasible access to the greatest amount of supported console generations. Since companies were still experimenting with different game genres at the time, and allowing for features like backwards compatibility and handheld-to-console connections in the case of Nintendo, the market as a whole has yet to reach such a point of stability again due to lack of innovation across the board, primarily in Triple-A gaming but also within the occasional indie franchise. From 2004 onward, the gaming market only ever got unhealthier and worse each year, eventually hitting its lowest point in a long time from 2017 to 2020.

• The kinds of toppings you put on your pizza don't matter nearly as much as where you actually get your pizza from. The vast majority of the time, when you get your favorite toppings on a pizza and then tell your friends the toppings are under or over-rated, the toppings themselves will be of a similar quality that tends to be more consistently good or bad than the baking of the pizza. As such, instead of having debates about pineapples on pizza, what we should be having debates on is what pizzas and/or pizza shops make their product the best with said toppings taken into account on the finished product.

• There was never anything wrong with the idea of a person shipping him/herself with a fictional character until the Internet came along and allowed people to take things way too far.
You want an unpopular shipping opinion? How about:
  • Real-person fics are okay, just add an acknowledgment on the fact the story actually uses fictional versions of these people.
  • Same with ships.
  • By the way, how is shipping two real people is not okay, but shipping two fictional characters modeled after real celebrities is OK?

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
You want an unpopular shipping opinion? How about:
  • Real-person fics are okay, just add an acknowledgment on the fact the story actually uses fictional versions of these people.
  • Same with ships.
  • By the way, how is shipping two real people is not okay, but shipping two fictional characters modeled after real celebrities is OK?
THIS. I don't think I've ever agreed with a "hot take" post more than this one.

Taylor Swift's fanbase is the only big, mainstream fanbase that is actually throughoutly toxic and gross

I like KPop, Undertale, modern day cartoons, lots of anime, Pokemon, true crime and a lot of other stuff that's heralded as having a shit fandom. For the most part, it's just a loud and very noticeable minority that makes the rest seem bad. But Taylor Swift's more dedicated fans are seriously no bueno, and I've met and seen A LOT of them

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
I got bored the other day and made a list of how I'd rank all of the main "Super Mario" platformers on a tier list. This is what I came up with. Some takes aren't hot at all, but others... they could be a bit spicy. I really don't think Sunshine is all it's cracked up to be nowadays compared to its competition, and I never understood why a few of these games even exist to begin with outside of marketing purposes.

1663991501476.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)