Post-SPL sets dump megathread

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Copy-pasting the OP from Nails RU thread. Credits to him for original idea.

Now that the last official BW UU tournament is over, lets all share our awesome ideas we've been hoarding for months and years. Because if you hold out now you're a jerk.

Descriptions are encouraged, but not required. But if it requires some explanation or key information, pls include it. Teammates you used it with are excellent. 2-3 sentences should be enough, so don't feel pressured to write a lot unless you want to.

I don't know if this thread will be popular here since I've noticed the UU subforum is less active than the RU/NU one but I think it deserves its spot nonetheless.
I'll just highlight all the SPL players so they hopefully feel like contributing here!
JabbaTheGriffin Bad Ass Ginku SoulChef kokoloko Hikari Nas aerialace TM40 Malekith Harsha TIWSS Pocket Stellar The Wolf -Tsunami- LuckOverSkill Froggy DestinyUnknown Eo Ut Mortus fatty Ace Emerald Royalty ThunderBlunder WhiteQueen

------

I'll start with a few ideas of mine I came up with for the BW UU Tournament hosted by LS/Grand Slam helping/SPL helping.

Blastoise (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam / Blizzard
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic / Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast

Offensive Blastoise is a beast. Ever since I "came up" with this idea when I was helping Bloo in his GS teambuilding, I have never looked back at the support set. Maybe someone came up with it first but I don't remember seeing it in a competitive environnement so please don't get mad at me for posting it!

Anyway, I got the idea to run Offensive Blastoise when I noticed that Cofagrigus was the main "spinblocker" of this super hazard-centric metagame. Max Special Attack Hydro Pump absolutly nukes it if it decides to switch-in on Blastoise, as demonstrated by these calcs:

252+ SpA Blastoise Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Cofagrigus: 156-184 (48.9 - 57.6%) -- 55.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Blastoise Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Cofagrigus: 156-184 (48.9 - 57.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Ice Beam/Blizzard (if used in Hail) deals a lot to Roserade/Zapdos/Shaymin obviously. The last move is up to preference/team needs. Toxik is good to catch up something on the switch like Abomasnow/Walrein/Slowbro/other Blastoise. Focus Blast hits Walrein/Abomasnow/Ferroseed/Empoleon. Hidden Power Fire nukes Abomasnow/Ferroseed. The Speed EVs allows it to outrun most Nidoqueen.

---

Ferroseed (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

The main difference between this Ferroseed and the other one I've seen being used in UU is that it actually has both Spikes and Stealth Rock in its moveset. It's really useful when you want both in your team but can't afford running two Pokemon with hazard support.

Ferroseed also serves as a good check to some really dangerous and common threats such as Sharpedo.

---

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Protect

Protect Snorlax is without a single doubt my favorite Snorlax in BW UU. Protect is just so useful to scout the move of most choice users that like to switch on it (Heracross, Mienshao, etc). It also helps to get more recovery out of Leftovers.

Other than that, the set is as standard as it gets. It's a good pseudo-special wall for balanced/offensive team. Pursuit support is appreciated to pick off weakened threats.

---

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore

Standard LO Roserade with a twist: Stun Spore on the slot usually reserved for T-Spikes/Synthesis/Rest. I really like how it can catch off guard people who think they can freely switch their Crobat or just get their Victini/Darmanitan on the predicted hazard set-up (even tho I guess you could just Sludge Bomb in that situation).

---

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam/Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Credits to koko for that one. Sub Nidoking is absolutly terrific. It forces a lot of switchs thanks to its natural offensive presence so it's not really hard to get a Sub. Once behind it, you can use whatever you want to wreck havoc. Of course, you could say that you don't really need it if you predict perfectly, but it can still serve its purpose by getting a free Sub against someone who would switch a weakened Pokémon to sack it for example.

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
last time i posted something in the uu subforum, i got an infraction for it so i got scarred for life and never visited again. but i'm making my return for you, mcmeghan, my love.

i'm on my phone, so i cannot upload images but i will edit to make this look prettier when i'm on a pc later

Druddigon @ rocky helmet
Ability: rough skin
Nature: impish
EVs: 252hp/252defemse/4sp.def
---
Stealth rocks
Dragon tail
Rest
Sleep talk

This dragon sets up rocks, phase with dragon tail, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, kill and stall out powerful physical attackers like sharpedo, darmanitan, etc
Rest and sleep talk round out the set to give little dragon longevity since he has no other form of recovery

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

EoDile @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Crunch
- Block
- Rest

Secret set that was to be unleashed when the Raiders were poised to clutch a spot in the playoffs. Hence, it was obviously never revealed. I can safely say, however, it was responsible for all of BLINGAS ♥ 's UU victories. Also very likely the cause of ToF's untimely retirement. Set in action: http://pastebin.com/Cx1g082d

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
i didnt build any teams for spl tbh but the coolest thing i used was:

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Timid / Pressure
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Rest
- Tailwind

in hail.

I used it w/ the Nidoking that McMeghan posted in the OP :) It basically wrecks and that's about it .-.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll share a couple ideas I saved for the playoffs. Unfortunately my match ended up not mattering, cause I woulda loved to see these things carry us to the finals.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis

SD Shaymin is a beast, mostly because people initially switch in the wrong thing every time. You can run Zenbutt > Return if you want to hit Chandy, but i think it's better to just pair it with a pursuiter and take the extra damage that Return gives you (or you could ditch recovery but then you don't run through stall).

+2 252 Atk Shaymin Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 212-250 (65.8 - 77.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Shaymin Return vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Zapdos: 151-178 (39.4 - 46.4%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Shaymin Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 299-352 (114.1 - 134.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Shaymin Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 299-352 (92.2 - 108.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Those are sexy numbers against Shaymin's two biggest initial switchins. Natural Cure is great too. You can try to push your way through a team early, eat a toxic or a burn, and just switch out and be fine to do it again later.

Venomoth @ Charti Berry
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

People expecting the pass are definitely going to be surprised when this thing shits on them all by itself. Charti berry so I could eat a Mienshao SE then kill it or qd again. LO works if you'd rather just have the straight up power; giga drain could work on that setup too. Sleep + Roost makes pretty much every special attacker without roar setup bait. Venostrong.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SAtk / 192 Spd
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Return
- Grass Knot

fun! strong as fuck! close combat hits exactly as hard as jolly lo terrakion. return ohkos offensive zapdos and stuff.

Walrein @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Encore
- Surf
- Brine

0wns on hail teamz

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike
- Grass Knot
- V-create

I didn't really see Expert Belt Victini much before SPL, but I saw it a lot early in the tournament. It basically works because you can bluff Scarf early on with V-create and then hit Slowbro or Rhyperior or whatever else the opponent sends in later on for big damage with coverage moves. It's pretty scary because it has perfect accuracy and such high Base Power moves, and it's one of the hardest threats to cover thanks to its ridiculous coverage. There are probably other moves that you can run, but these are the ones I preferred.

Archeops (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Gimmick HO suicide lead. Didn't really get to use it vs Ginku in the SPL, because Hail kinda ruins the Sash Endeavor strat, but it consistently worked in test matches. It's fast enough to get SR up against almost everything, and with Endeavor it can cripple everything slower than it (bar Ghost-type Pokemon, but Chandelure isn't switching into this thing, and not even Cofag enjoys Defeatist-less Archeops, so it won't risk giving it Mummy). I was running Earth Power to "counterteam" Ginku (He seemed to love Qwilfish (252 SpA Archeops Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Qwilfish: 286-338 (85.6 - 101.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO)), but Rock Slide and Stone Edge are "better" moves, I guess.

It's not the kind of Pokemon you can put in any team, but it's pretty solid in HO.

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Snarl
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

People love switching Special attackers into Sableye because they aren't crippled by WoW and Foul Play doesn't do much to them, so Snarl is there to dick them.

-1 252 SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 117-138 (38.4 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 177-208 (58.2 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 121-142 (39.8 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 0 SpA Life Orb Victini Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 114-136 (37.5 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 133-157 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just some random examples, don't over-analyse them.

If you hit them in the switch in, most of them will be unable to break Sableye because you can just hit them again with Snarl and wall the shit out of them. Also playing around a offensive threat with -1 SAtk isn't a complicated task, so just can switch out. This set causes an insane amount of switches, so hazards support is greatly appreciated.

I have a bunch of other stuff I could share, but I'd rather preserve them for finals (still undecided on what I'm going to run). If anyone actually cares, I'll post more stuff after playing Stellar.

Psychotic

Banned deucer.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Tailwind
- Heat Wave

The only Zapdos set I ever used for the last few months of BW, with Spikes support this thing is lethal. With a Modest nature this thing takes chunks out of anything that switches in, and when people see Lefties on Zap they don't even consider Agility/Tailwind, and assume they will be able to revenge with a faster mon or a scarfer. You can bring this thing in early game and fire off attacks to wear down checks like Raikou and Snorlax, and then Tailwind lategame and sweep. I prefer Tailwind to Agility because Zapdos will only be using it when there are 2-3 mons left on the opponents team, and if he can't quite take down a mon something else can come in and clean up. Pairs well with MixPedo, who likes to come in with Tailwind since it doesn't run any speed itself.

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This set always catches people off guard. This thing is capable of putting a huge dent into most mons that give hail trouble. People often lead with a fighting or fire type (Heracross, Mienshao, Victini, Chandy) against hail teams thinking that I will sac my Abomasnow, but it lives with the Sash and either KO's or puts a huge dent into all of these mons, with both max attack and special attack. Hidden Power Fire lets me take out lead Bronzong and Cobalion, who are often peoples only way of dealing with hail.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

Thins thing is great on hail teams, no one has ever expected it. Lead Mienshao, Crobat, and Victini will try to U-turn against it and get 1HKO'd. Anything that normally outspeeds (Zapdos, Raikou, Shaymin, Chandelure, etc) will assume that they outspeed, only to get taken out or severely dented. You should only ever use this in hail, it really needs the power of Blizzard to excel. This thing looks terrible on paper, but in practice it works every time.

(Victini) @ Life Orb
Trait:
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- V-create
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Trick Room

This is my absolute favorite victini set ever and probably ended being my favorite set that i have ever used in general. I have basically never seen it not do good against any team baring teams that brought houndoom the god. This 99/100 times ended up being my lead as it could tank hits with its bulk and take care of qwil/nidoqueen (huge threats to everyone imo) with psychic. It also runs grass knot (which honestly i have found to be more useful on PO due to the more common use of swampert and rhyperior but its still very good on here to as blastoise and the other 2 still are used. This set basically makes the best suicide lead that does not have rocks in the game! It takes out 1-3 poke then generally has TR up by the time it is done allowing something else like my personal favorite CB drud to come in and sweep.

(Sharpedo) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake

This set takes a bit of prediction, but i really love working with it just because of the fact that everyone expects protect turn 1 if faster so they set up if they have set up move and a lot of times this thing seems to force switching. Its just a fun set and a really fun end game sweeper on hazard based teams if you get it in on the right poke! (also cb aqua jet is a pretty good for revenging things like scarf mienshao who outspeed +1speed and are just going to try uturning out on you)

252+ Atk Choice Band Sharpedo Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 154-183 (56.8 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Sharpedo Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 204-242 (59.8 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Might post more sets later, seems like a fun thread~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)