Resource Post-OMPL X Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
dont really feel like doing specific shoutouts because i wont try to lie and say i had the most life-changing experience participating in OMPL as a player for the first time, there were numerous times where i would try to help prep for the metas i was apt at and get flat out spoken over or ignored. i ended up getting burned out for the last 4 rounds or so and basically stopped helping contribute unless i was explicitly tagged because i figured i wouldnt make much noise regardless. congrats to the tryantrums on the win and good job team horse on going almost to the highest point possible, and thanks to Morgan IBM for drafting me.

I guess i will drop some teams i ended up building throughout the tour, dont feel like writing descs for the team so just admire ig (note: i am aware that a lot look really bad, they were mostly just concepts for other people to fine-tune [which ended up never happening])

godly gift

the only godly gift team i posted in the teamcord ended up getting botched and used in an rfn (not crying's or beauts' faults, it just got over-adjusted to try to prep for an rfn we were not prepared for), so i don't really feel like justifying what it does, but here was the original importable:

:ditto::victini::pheromosa: among us 2 :tapu-koko::kartana::conkeldurr:

stab

:heliolisk::torkoal::venusaur: sun :tornadus-therian::rhyperior::espeon:

:clefable::seismitoad::tyranitar: clef ho (?) :zeraora::keldeo-resolute::moltres:
earlier ver: :clefable::seismitoad::tyranitar::thundurus-therian::urshifu-rapid-strike::moltres:

:primarina::ferrothorn::heatran: i d k :moltres-galar::steelix::tornadus-therian:
disclaimer: this was just a rough concept of using a team with a strong water that wasn't very common

:moltres::ferrothorn::seismitoad: phys molt :nihilego::salamence::cobalion:

:sylveon::regieleki::tornadus-therian: gambit shifu :celesteela::seismitoad::urshifu:

:zeraora::tornadus-therian::urshifu: idk part 2 feat quick claw glowbro :steelix::sylveon::slowbro-galar:
this was more of a joke team i made but i did think it'd be funny to game with glowbro. nobody else did

:latios::melmetal::tyranitar: fake webs :nidoking::araquanid::zeraora:
another rough concept, idea was to make people araq was webs to lure in smth with taunt and then use surging strikes to ko, but this is prior to realizing that araq is still piss weak

again most of these teams were concepts so i am aware theyre not very good but at least now u get a little peek inside my mind. there were other random sets i posted (like SD glastrier) but never formulated a team around, but nobody gets to see those. sorry!
ok so i lied, i guess i will quickly shout out beauts for making this tour bearable because having someone to vent to whenever i got frustrated was difficult since everyone else on the mod team for the most part was on other teams. made this much less unenjoyable for me at least, + it helped to have someone around who understood my sense of humor.

Last edited:

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
finally won one of these things lol, feels good even though my managers made me almost cancer w1 by asking me to build two slots (love you dramps/om). also nice to leave oms, and pokemon in general after agpl, having won one of these. yeah, it's another one of these "ren quits mons" posts but hear me out. i've personally got nothing left to do on this website, and i pushed myself into that mentality quite a few times but i mean it. the only reason i stuck around for so long was the community, but i'm at a point where i wanna do more with my life and i feel the tours community has gotten worse. won't harp on that too much here. i have a lot of bigger, better things coming my way! and what better finale is there than a win?

rq -- i want to shout out everyone who's made my time on this website special, there's way too many of you but you know who you are. def wouldn't have stuck around as long as i did without you guys :) clanx gangshin mocha extra philcord and the various other groups i either was in or am still in are why mons was tolerable for so long.

also wanted to shout out everyone who supported me in this tour - again there's so many of you, but i wouldn't have finished w/ the 3-1 record if it wasn't for you guys, tysm!

drampa's grandpa - despite the hard time i gave you w1 regarding stuff, we actually did pretty ok ;) i know this is something you've been wanting a long time and this team was the one to finally bring you to it. i really appreciate you popping into channels every week and seeing if there's anything you could do for us, and i know that you really tried your hardest to be a good manager, and it paid off. we won the tour. enjoy retirement gramps, been a wild ride getting to know you.
OM - this is also something you've been gunning after for a while, i know how badly you wanted this. you've been incredibly passionate and involved all tour, and i think you and drampa finally got what you deserved. i know there were moments where you probably thought we wouldn't make it, but we did! i hope you're proud and i know you're also retiring like me and drampa, just know oms won't be the same without you but you have a lot of life left to life. make the most of it.

Finchinator - i was hyped to team up w/ you and by god was i not disappointed. the secret is that whenever a tour player is drafted in oms for a tour, there's always the people who go "yeah they won't try" and let me tell you, if any of those people had seen you in your prep channel every week they'd shut the fuck up. you really gave it your all to learn the meta and are easily the best player in the stab pool, even if the record doesn't state such. you got rough matchups and it was tough and awful but you kept your head up and got us a ton of important victories. i'm super stoked i was able to team with someone of your caliber!
Fissure - you've always been fairly chill, but i'm really glad you won this tournament. i know your main meta's slot was pretty shaky for the time you've been on this site, being called into contention over sketch twice, but i admire your ability to adapt and innovate to different metas regardless and you put in so much work no matter what you're doing. thanks for subbing into that bh game btw -- you really brought it close. your score may be 1-1, but you contributed to our success this tour heavily and you absolutely deserve this win.
Mossy Sandwich - stop being down on yourself. you won tiebreak for us, you provided important gg support and you pulled a back to back ompl win. so what if you're not the best player on this website? you're pretty solid and you're able to back that up. improve your mentality and you'll make waves in the community, i guarantee it. enjoy your second custom avatar and send me any wins you get in super auto pets, i will never get tired of looking at them unless it's running badger lmao.
Nihilslave - how're you doing, best bh player??? you finished the tour tied for the best record in your pool. you attributed it to support but i'm gonna tell you a little secret - bh support means very little if there isn't a skilled pilot at the wheel, and by god are you skilled. you need to start giving yourself more credit. our building styles clash and it drives me absolutely up the wall sometimes. like, i can't imagine not running strong breakers in bh (how do you spend the entire game not looking forward to doing a billion with your breaker when the time is right??) but it still gets dubs. the competitive bh meta has a really strong future with you in it. i didn't think the new crop was that good originally, but i've never been so glad to be proven wrong.
OranBerryBlissey10 - we didn't speak much one on one but don't think i didn't notice how hard you were working to support stareal in nfe. i'm sure he appreciates it, i know i do and i know our team does. sometimes you'd just dump a bunch of pastes and be like "these look good" and it makes me wonder just how many nfe teams you have?? like, you're such a workhorse LOL stay cool friend
PandaDoux - i know this tour didn't go the way you wanted it to record-wise, but we won and you're still a strong player overall. you have quite a few accolades to your name now! you had a sick grand slam and you won ompl, which is fire. anyone who just looks at scoreline doesn't know what they're talking about. it's always fun to have you in the team chat and i hope that you find a meta you enjoy playing :] you're a solid player and i can see you getting pretty far on this site, wherever that happens.
papiloco - i don't know much about you as a person other than how you always bring a ton of energy into a teamchat and it's always positive. also, apparently you get your ice cream from drive thrus (???????????????????????) and that gave me so much stress because i thought you got kidnapped irl or something LMAO but i'm glad you're ok. you're an actual monster in 2v2, and you and potatochan are the reasons why if i wasn't quitting, i'd probably want to check out the format asap. the 2v2 record speaks for itself, you're absolutely ridiculously broken and i can't wait for managers to have to break the bank to buy you next ompl.
Potatochan - ngl i wasn't sure what to expect from you because my irl friend who sucks at games uses potato as their gamer alias, but then i discovered that not only are you an actual beast, you're also chill and fun to talk to. i also still don't fully believe you're canadian, but i know that canada's in good hands this world cup if it has you on it. i'm expecting you guys to win! it'll probably be without me unless i'm literally abducted from overseas, so i leave canada to you and the other canadians who'll be involved in oms for world cup. do me proud. i hope you had fun this tour -- you killed it in aaa and i know that you'd do the same for any other meta you tried your hand at.
Quantum Tesseract - it's my best supporter! wow! our dynamic goes way back, but i should've known a team with you building and me somewhat playing couldn't lose. i don't know what to say here that i haven't said to you already. you're dedicated and good at building every meta that you put your mind to, it's sort of criminal. you, of all people, deserve another ompl win and i'm glad you got one. anyone in oms knows how scary you are to prepare against and how hard you go in team chats, you were very deserving of your price tag. looking forward to see that going higher next tour (MANAGERS MAKE IT HAPPEN. 30K QT)
Stareal - the man himself. you were one of the people i was most hyped to be on this team with, and you put such energy into the team every week. i really enjoyed talking to you this tour, and i know your record didn't show it but you were one of the best, if not the best, in the nfe pool. you also supported other slots in the tour and just in general pumped a ton of energy into this tournament, and it helped a lot. i mean, look at us. we're ompl winners. i'm glad i got to team with you before i left, i've been wanting to do so since the ompl before last because i heard really good things and they were all understatements. i hope that if i ever come back to oms to visit, i see you tearing up the playerbase and being the most expensive player. i also hope i see you tear it up in standards - i've seen how well you play those, it's insane.
WSun1 - oh look it's "just another guy". can i just say - you put a dent in skarph's record which looked like something only bacon was capable of doing. WTF??? you're just really solid at playing and i remember thinking of a gameplan while you were playing, and then you'd do something i wasn't expecting and i realized it was actually better. this happened way too many times, so maybe i'm just shit but i think it's more likely that you're a god. i hope your stint in oms was fun, i still think you're canadian but i guess you won't play for canada so have fun on some american team i guess..

i do have one more shoutout to give. even if you don't have a smogon account or touch mons, i wanted to say this anyway because you probably kept me level headed more than anyone else did. shoutout to you, who kept me super motivated and let me run all my concerns through you without judgment. thanks for staying up during nights where i was freaking out over this tournament, just listening and then offering me a super level headed perspective and calming me down. and above all else - thanks for helping me find something to do once i leave this website. you mean a lot to me, and i'm glad i got to know you!

that's definitely ompl for me. ideally this is my last tour, if canada is absolutely dire though it sounds like i won't have much of a choice whether i sign up or not but i'm hoping i don't. the plan's to finish agpl and dip. i think i have an om interview coming up before i leave the website though so be on the lookout for that! LET'S GO TYRANTRUMS WE DID IT!

Redflix

Forgiven and Hanged
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Going into this ompl , i was hoping i wouldnt have to contribute to mnm considering i severely disliked the meta , but thanks to Dj Breloominati♬ i ended up with tect again. I still had a fun experience and its a shame we didnt win the finals but congrats to tyrantrums , u guys definitely deserved it.
Just want to thank Morgan and IBM for drafting me and respecting my selfish wish of not playing mnm. I didnt talk much outside bh and mnm channel , but most of the players in mavericks were cool and i hope u guys stick around.
Gotta give special mention to beauts and ojr for putting in so much work for their tiers (incase of beauts every tier besides mnm and bh lol). Ik ur not too happy with ur record beauts but i can assure u we wouldn't have made it this far without ur support, have fun in ur well deserved break. Also thanks to everyone who joined our cord for support , it was nice to have u guys.
TectonicDestroyer ur an idiot but bad games happen. Dont beat urself up over it and for gods sake l2build.

papiloco

True Warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
huge shoutouts for letting me play even tho i sucked! (kinda), will def play next edition of this PL had a blast talking in the disc team chat we did it! also thanks to morgan for letting me know abt this tour even tho i was promised to play for her so no worries!
i will be comming for my throne soon...
1656222424583.png

Byleth

Retirement
Well we didn't get the win, but now that it's over I can finally release my grip from tours and eventually mons like I've promised(after om spotlight trios thank u a certain someone). During this OMPL I was given a LOT (and i mean, a lot) of time to think about my place in the community and whether this was something that I liked doing or something that felt like a chore, as many of the weeks I was very unmotivated to do anything and I want to sincerely apologize to all of my team as our stab prep wasn't as great as it should have been, full responsibility on me. For this reason and many personal irl ones, I think mons in general is not a good environment for me and since I'm playing something I don't particularly enjoy playing anymore there's no point in continuing.

As a lot of u know I played STABmons for this team tour and somehow ended up 8-2 (and a tie i guess) so I'm gonna go over all the weeks I did play and the teams and all.

Week 1 vs FlamingVictini (W) - Replay
:Cinderace: :Hydreigon: :Toxapex: :Skarmory: :Rotom-Heat: :Hippowdon:
R1 and we're matched up with the Spindas...I had no idea where the building direction was going to go but I assumed Stresh or ITH would at least guide the direction of the team so we came up with lash ace that seemed okay vs their builds at the time + Nasty Plot Hydreigon with Flash Cannon to nuke Clef and Sylveon. This was around the period where I hadn't really discovered Mudsdale yet (this piece of shit is good for no reason) so it features a Hippo that should be a Mudsdale, but idea of this team was simple with skarm abusing spikes and ace + hydrei to capitalize breaking with them up. Sure enough we got a relatively good mu and pex was able to dance around thundy even if thund did sadly miss I was AV so i was relatively fine vs it. Positioned ace and then positioned Hydrei and proceeded to break team shorter than expected due to an unfortunate spdef drop on the Toxapex. I know the Spindas weren't very happy with this match and frankly I wish it would have gone better as well, but the game we play doesn't really allow for smooth games half the time. I think most of this team was built by beauts so I won't really take credit for anything here.

Week 2 vs LBDC (W) - Replay
:toxapex: :melmetal: :thundurus-therian: :chandelure: :rillaboom: :clefable:
I wasn't exactly sure what LBDC liked because he can run rather extreme playstyles but ultimately we settled on a fat clef pex rilla melm thundy core that loaded ok in most of the mus we expected, well, just not this one frankly. Swords Dance Terrakion was very dangerous and I knew I was gonna have to outplay some turns where I'd choose a rather more passive play. Outside of Terrak, this mu was relatively fine and favorable for me but I ended up accidentally sacking my scarf Chandy in the middle of panicking and the game result was left to chance by a para that I cheesed out. I should have lost this really but I was granted a second wind for a couple of misplays i made throughout the game that are very easily identifiable. This team was also mostly built by beauts so I uh apologize to them again for playing bad.

Week 3 vs Finchinator (W) - Replay
:ditto: :toxapex: :mudsdale: :chansey: :corviknight: :kyurem:
Oh boy, big boy Finchinator. This was probably my most confident week vs him because I didn't expect for him to have much exposure to the STABmons metagame at the time so I decided to stall him and fish for a MU like HO with ditto since those are relatively good with little experience. This was the week where beauts was like "why are we running hippo over muds" (originally was a hippo here) so yeah the disgusting chansey muds team was brought for the 2nd time (didnt realize lbdc used stall prior) with spdef Kyurem to sorta check thundy and abuse toad and act as a semi wincon ig the rest is generic and self explanatory. The game was lost on the first turn when Finch clicked gambit directly into Toxapex but I considered Gambit to be an option and made the safe play to Ditto instead. 50/50ish decided on the first turn really, because had I lost Pex then Barraskewda would have claimed mons in rain/generated momentum fairly quickly. Game turned into a really long sequence cause I couldn't kill Thundy properly yet and I refused to bring Kyurem healthy again but managed to trap Ferro and the broken horse did its work. Did not expect rai

Week 4 vs FC (W) - Replay
:latios: :heatran: :tyranitar: :Seismitoad: :Buzzwole: :Rotom-Wash:
I really, really liked Specs Latios loading into FC because i didn't expect Corviknight and usually he relied on av pex as a special wall/pivot so I felt it could exploit his teams pretty well. The team above is adapted from a team Kris built because I was lazy and while it's undergone vast changes, it still keeps the core concept of it. FC was a little difficult to account for otherwise, so I just solidified a standard heatran/ttar/seis core to go along with it and prayed. Bless the mu gods because I loaded into sun...but it had a Corviknight lol. I'm not gonna pretend like FC didn't misplay it this game I will be the first to tell u besides him but yet again that kind of opened him up to being spammed with Psystrike and TTar being kept in the back meant his sun could not do much progress on top of being blocked by Heatran or Buzzwole considering his Leafeon could only be fire multi or ground multi at a time. Lati should probably run mystical fire because relying on Heatran to damage Corv is buns but otherwise I'm pretty okay with the result, although the team could use some improvements.

Week 5 vs Clementine (L) - Replay
:reuniclus: :toxapex: :corviknight: :mudsdale: :weavile: :blissey:
Prepped for HO, tried to cheese with T Spike + Acid Reun, didn't work, lost, cried, the end. Ok but I really did kind of keep HO a lot in mind vs the luchas seeing as they brought it previously multiple times, even if I didn't build an adequate cteam for that either cuz gyara mu is kind of 0 if it takes off. I figured I would do okay with one of my more comfortable balance builds, but in hindsight this one was really passive and I kind of payed for it. I'd rather not reflect on this team too much bc its kind of evident what I did wrong, sacking pex too early clicking recover instead of flipping, letting Buzz come back in to CC my muds spamming shore up, etc etc prob more idk this game kind of defeated me and it didn't help that it was the deciding game of the week but at the end of the day I did mess up badly so gz to clem here.

Week 6 vs Trade (W) - Replay
:reuniclus: :toxapex: :corviknight: :mudsdale: :weavile: :blissey:
I really wanted to play sylv this week but bummer, after I saw I didn't, I myself didn't schedule till Saturday because i was mentally drained from last weeks performance, didnt built a new team, was supposed to play someone else but didn't so Trade got subbed in when they were sick and I don't feel like the game was worth talking about, so instead I'll go over more of the team. Anchor Shot taunt Corviknight is a fishy trapper but it gets rid of a lot of things when it does work like slowtwins relying on port, clef, ferro, muds, etc and often gets to +6 for free when it does so. Weave was sd to add some sort of offensive presence to the team but ngl it could really be anything else here, reuns here to mu fish and should probably be colbur focus but acid armor served me okayish in the two times I did get to play it, muds was there to do muds things, boomburst bliss is a tech i wanted to run that allowed it to 2hko certain frail offensive mons like shifu thundy zera etc if they hard switched into it but it didn't get a good showing of it as i'd hoped.

Week 7 - (i dodged pannu, no game from me here)

Playoffs vs Clementine (W) - Replay
:aerodactyl: :toxapex: :hippowdon: :dracozolt: :clefable: :thundurus-therian:
Here comes the worst part of the tour and it was Byleth try not to choke simulator for the next 3 games vs this team. This time I was very confident in the HO pick and slotted a unaware clef + zolt sand built to take advantage along with a cb aero + tspikes recommended by ainzcrad cause it had an okay mu into most of what lydia/clem has used recently already. Was pretty confident until I loaded into not HO and was bummed bc I cant cteam for shit but this mu was still doable. Glare Clef did an amazing job here, letting pex abuse heatran but not letting aero do the same bc i missed head smash (deserved for para'ing twice ig lol) but after gengar was gone i knew i could force a couple of sacks with calm mind clef and carve out a playable end game for myself...which I did until I completely shitted myself and clicked every possible option to throw. I made a desparate play and ended up bolt beaking torn instead of relying on para and ended up not using my flip turns immediately to have the game come down to if toad para'd or not, which is not a great showing for a player that is supposed to be of my calibur. I won the game, but I don't think I won in my heart.

Playoffs Tiebreak Game 1 vs Dr Phd BJ (T) - Replay
:krookodile: :tornadus-therian: :amoonguss: :terrakion: :rotom-wash: :blissey:
Wanted a fat cteam for sand and certain HO mons so I settled around a team with Krook. Not much else to say.

Playoffs Tiebreak Game 2 vs Dr Phd BJ (W) - Replay
:grimmsnarl: :gyarados: :melmetal: :buzzwole: :zeraora: :tapu fini:
I'll leave the explaining to his earlier post for this game and the earlier one since I don't really have much to add and I kinda wanna wrap this up soon, but ig u get to see my awesome bullet punch melmetal i brought instead of bringing auto because I was scrambling for teams all Sunday after tiebreak. I'll note that I went through at least 5 different versions of Hyper Offense to get to this one though, and I apologize for anyone on my team helping me during this crisis.

Finals vs Finchinator (W) - Replay
:bisharp: :buzzwole: :latios: :melmetal: :Seismitoad: :clefable:
Take Two. So originally I was going to build daunt but then bisharp was decided on for whatever reason and took off with the idea of band and having gambit buzzwole bait something that bisharp maybe couldn't break. Lati speed control, melm steel, toad spike, clef bullshit. Loading into the mu I felt that either player could win but i could easily turn it favorable so long as I hid my broken move (gambit) for whichever mon I get roadblocked by eventually (torn or toad) which eventually turned out to be toad, and after that the game was pretty much free for bisharp and melm to click buttons. Ended up almost choking this game, but thankfully I placed myself a bit ahead before that was able to occur.

Finals Tiebreak vs Finchinator (L) - Replay
:tyranitar: :jellicent: :buzzwole: :tornadus-therian: :mudsdale: :slowking-galar:
This time we considered HO could be a real possibility (holy fuck will I never build to cteam HO again its failed like 60 times this tour) so jelli seemed like a cool pick as it straight up walled standard shifu keld and wasn't affected by gambit which at this time I think is incredibly valuable bc that move is broken on spam teams. Band Buzzwole + Life Orb Tyranitar was a slow breaking core, but they complimented each other okay, except against muds which was brought here lol. We originally had heal bell sylv which was probably an okay idea to stick to but due to me building rly take a whole bunch of ideas rose and it got taken out of the picture in favor of something that could handle special attackers more reliably while sorta checking pex/sylv/clef, glowking. I don't think I need to preface this team much anymore; I simply loaded into a really bad mu that I didn't expect and a turn wasn't really dropped from my opponent for me to capitalize on. I still really like this team, it just didn't perform well vs this sort of fat and I paid dearly for it, although it was still a cool game nonetheless and a blast to play this guy like 3 times the same tour lmao.

Shoutouts ompl related (mostly stab and managers):

- Morgan and IBM: idk what u guys were thinking drafting me for 19k but you guys surely believed in me for doing so, i want to say that as much as u two two vee two peeps goof around you guys are really funny and are probably the most fun managers out of all the bunch, your horse energy carried the vibe of the teamchat and im glad to have been a part of team horse number 1 only going higher.
- beauts: u literally built like half of my teams. how you support almost every slot and still sleep at night is beyond me, but also we've became very great friends through this tour and omfl (you carried that team on your back as well). You may not have the record you wanted, but nobody can say shit about how hard you worked to make sure our slots were okay. Through this ompl i've gotten to know you a lot better and u are one of my favorite people on this site, keep up the good work, meow.
- Kris: I am sorry that I could not use your ideas more. This was supposed to be a fun ompl for you and I feel I took a large part of that away by instantly rejecting stuff that even seemed half solid like the glastrier without more thought. I don't really know how to make myself seem more sincere, but you were still fun to do tests with even if u did somehow kick my ass with drain punch glowbro.
- i dont have specific shoutouts for the rest of the mavericks but you guys surpassed my expectations. Literally all of you. We were meant to be a bottom tier team (with bottom tier managers) but you guys managed to pull through every week up until the very end. It was fun cheering you guys on, and it was certainly welcoming to see you guys care so much.

I'll edit this post later with a bunch of paste spams for ideas that were posted in the teamcord but didnt make it through if they arent covered by Kris or Beauts already. Was an ok season outside of me wanting to quit, I wish the next batch of competitors a good ompl. Byleth out.

it was pretty funny seeing everyone be like “haha 2v2 main in aaa” when my first 2v2 game of this tour was only my 4th ever tournament game of 2v2 lmao. i have a lot of regrets with how i played my finals game but thankfully my team is the absolute greatest of all time and had my back, clutching the tie and then the tiebreak win before i even had to play.

OM thanks for drafting me per my request, i remember i told you that if you could draft me with another 2v2 player, then i would clutch up the first slot that was going under the water and i’m glad i could deliver on that promise

Ren i wasnt sure how much i was actually gonna interact with the team or if i was just gonna go papiloco mode, but we hit it off immediately and i’m glad i got to team with you. that stresh win was absolute fire and i hope i can convince you to sign up for wcup

WSun1 i knew from back in umpl that you were the goat in both prep and play, unfortunately you must have done something truly heinous in a past life. your bad luck is uncanny and made watching that paralyzed ndm attempt to sweep in finals tb was a terrifying experience, only for a miraculous 0 full paras

Finchinator dogs + 100% winrate when we team together

Nihilslave thanks for answering all my questions about bh and taking my suggestions seriously, thanks to you i may end up giving bh a whirl in wcup

papiloco this mfer just shows up for his game and leaves, i dont think he ever checked the score during weeks, pretty based. you’re a great clicker and it was a nice change of pace seeing people not throw terribly when i pass them teams. hope we can get a chance to team again in 2v2pl

not gonna go through with shoutouts for the entire team, i dont normally make these posts at all, but thank you all for a really fun team tour and for trusting me to play a completely new tier i had never touched before!

potaaatochan out

IBM

Banned deucer.
Damn. Guess it’s over, huh? Wish we could have won but making finals tiebreak in my first ompl ain’t so bad either I guess :sphearical:. We surpassed everyone outside of the team’s expectations too and I’m so proud of everyone on the team for making it this far. Everyone in oms is cool and it was nice getting to know y’all!

Anyways I did nothing I was just there to look menacing I’ve never actually been good at 2v2 or like any other meta. Here are the peeps that carried me!

Morgan always a pleasure managing with you! We make finals every time in the tours we manage together, truly a goated duo. You were able to support a bit in every meta, and thanks for putting up with my random pms at 1 am complaining about random shit lmao. Let’s get you your ring in 2v2pl >:]

Dj Breloominati♬ shadow manager goat, created our entire draft plan which ended up being op af, truly could not have gone anywhere near as far without you!

beauts oml you’re the goat I have so much respect for you building for most of our slots, you were just killing yourself supporting the team I just want to let you know it’s super appreciated and if you ever need anything I’m forever in your debt so just ask

Chris32156 Who drafted this random clicker smh, nah but in all seriousness you’re a really good player and builder as long as someone’s there to shut down your more wild ideas ;) I give you a hard time but it’s cuz you have the potential to be one of the 2v2 greats and I want to see you live up to that. Let’s go dominate in omwc! :swole:

luisin Genuinely one of the best players I’ve ever seen, we could just load you up with whatever beauts was cooking that week and be confident you were gonna get us a win, you had so many clutch wins it’s insane

Byleth I’ve never seen a player trying to quit mons be forced into playing so much lmao I’m so sorry. Best stab in the tour BY FAR and another one of the slots we could just rely on to win every week. Good luck in whatever you decide to do after mons!

quojova really impressive showing for your first ompl, sorry we couldn’t get a lot of support for you but you did ok without it, good mindset gunning to play against everyone you can even if it caused me some stress

crying you played every single week with no complaints while winning Ubers open and stour tour on the side so you goated for that, I know playoffs didn’t turn out how you would have liked but you were going against some of the hardest competition possible so don’t beat yourself up about it

TectonicDestroyer everyone bashes you but I thought you did pretty good, also you should stop being so hard on yourself it’s just mons. Final count of times tect pinged flix is 409

ojr STEAL of the draft oml only lost to hax and the best players in the tier, you outperformed every expectation and worked your ass off. You funny too

Amberr most ag people are cringe but you’re cool, thanks for carrying tf out of team chemistry. Good thing I don’t know anything about ag but at least we managed to improve your record :)

BasedWhat? Unfortunate tour but ag is mu fish hell anyways so it doesn’t reflect you as a player at all. It was fun having you in team chat and the pet bird story is hilarious LMAO

Redflix goated mnm and bh support, sorry for all the pings from tect and forcing you to support mnm but it’s really appreciated

Kris thanks for attempting to keep butts sane, I thought your ideas were pretty cool.

Crunchman nooo not the crunchman curse :eeveehide: but it’s also a blessing for letting us get to finals in the first place!

Ainzcrad we didn’t talk much but you cool

Supporters

Adam3560 Helga146 Itchy RobDog747 avyrie Career Ended DerpyBoi DuckeryDoodle Clasmia Dragonillis iapt Jordy Mirbro RICEMAN The Number Man The Strap Skooma cityscapes Basedburner

Thanks so much for supporting us, you had 0 incentive to help us out but you did anyways and helped a ton, couldn’t have made it this far without y’all :heart:

Lastly shoutout to UT and Isaiah thanks for hosting!

One last time for the culture
TEAM HORSE NUMBER ONE ONLY GOING HIGHER :Horse: :Arrow_Heading_Up:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
This feels like it has been such a long time coming...

OM and I first managed together in OMPL VI as the Hellborn Heliolisks. We got 6th place, because that team name was inferior.
Then OMPL VII we managed together again as the Temper Tyrantrums. It was our first (but not last) time making it to semis, where we had a tiebreaker of course and got knocked out by Skarph.
OMPL VIII we once again (surprise) made playoffs, and got absolutely destroyed by the Honchkrows who went on to have one of the highest powered finals I've ever seen against the Spindas. We had a good team but not a good week.
OMPL IX OM and the Tyrantrums made it to semis without me because I didn't feel like managing.
And then finally, after FOUR OMPLs. We made it to Semifinals as the underdogs and won through. Were, dare I say it favorites in the finals. AND WE WON. I can still barely believe it.

:ss/tyrantrum:
Every single Tyrantrum: this is your victory. We carried this together. I have never seen a team work together like you guys did. Never seen a team pull each other up and support each other. So much of why we won is that teamwork. We definitely had some great records, but we didn't have a Bacon or a BJ carrying a single slot every single week. We were carrying each other, always pulling, and making sure that the TIE-rantrums wouldn't fall that one game behind that could doom our run.

Team shoutouts
Going in descending draft price just so it's an objective order because I like objectivity

Quantum Tesseract
I remember talking before the draft, shit like; "I don't like buying high-priced players" etc. At the very beginning of the draft I immediately nommed(? or did someone else nom idr) you and .20'd and never had space to regret it. I couldn't believe we got THE Quantum Tesseract for as little as we did... guess it's harder to force people who actually prepped to upbid than it is people in mock drafts. Dude you helped us so much from the moment we drafted you. You gave us tips during the draft on who was hot, including some of our best buys. You helped us so much every week with building and scouting and prepping. You were the heart and soul of our team and we never won without you. Thanks so much.

WSun1
There aren't many AG players I would have trusted to go up against the high-level competition in this tournament. But I knew all along you were one of those players and I am glad we picked you. Thanks for kicking Skarph's ass after he eliminated us a couple OMPLs ago. Revenge is sweet. :blobpex:

Fissure
I'm losing track of how many tours we've been together in. I know at least 1-2 others. You never disappoint, and you will always be one of my top choices for any STABmons or Sketchmons tour. I knew from very early on in my draft planning that I wanted you building / helping build teams for our STABmons slot, even if you didn't want to pilot them, because they don't come much more reliable than you.

Mossy Sandwich
I really liked the teams you were building this OMPL, and I really wish that we didn't get so many instances of poor matchup or hax. I hope future tours go better than this one did in that respect.

Ren
Dude it's been a long road to get to this point. I'm honestly not even sure what we've gained from our time on this site besides excessive and minute knowledge of one specific video game but I'm glad we got to hang.
I'm sorry about what happened week one. You're an amazing player and we should have just had you as a starter. It seems to have worked out well though with you playing a role not many could as some sort of floating starter who we just put into the slot we needed to win. Enjoy retirement, and if you come out of retirement

Stareal
I'm sorry we didn't get more of a chance to interact this tour but NFE is completely foreign so I would look at your team and go yep that's certainly a team without fully evolved mons. :eeveehide: Thanks for keeping up with everything with minimal support. You did good.

Nihilslave
You did an amazing job. Your record speaks for itself, and I cannot believe we got you for only 8.5K. Thank you so much for all your hard work, and your excellent play.

PandaDoux
I just looked up Doux and found out that my terrible French spelling had me wrong about your name this whole time. It's not Panda Two, it's Panda Soft :sphearical::sphearical::sphearical::sphearical::sphearical::sphearical: Thanks for kicking ass in the AAA slot. Know that we absolutely would have trusted you to finish the tour, but once a Potato gets rolling it can be hard to stop.

Finchinator
This last week we needed you to come through. And you did. You told us exactly what you were going to do, and you did it. You looked at Byleth's play, knew how you could win, and did exactly that. Nobody should ever doubt the Finch.

papiloco
I have been told repeatedly during this tour that 2v2 is a coinflip metagame, that it's unreliable, etc. etc. Our 2v2 slot was just about our most reliable slot in the entire tour, and I cannot thank you enough for that. Before the tour I had heard that you were one of the best "clickers" for 2v2 and you lived up to that. I remember watching your gameplay and not being able to puzzle out what you were doing until afterwards, when I would have my lightbulb moment. Thanks again.

OranBerryBlissey10
I'm sorry we just... didn't talk. I saw you were supporting Stareal and being active when I peaked in the channel, and had no real idea what I was looking at. You did what we needed you to do, so thank you for your part in this victory.

Potatochan
Saving the best for last! The REAL manager, heart and soul of the team, would have won every slot if we were allowed to put them in. I've told you countless times that you are part of our unbeatable 2v2 core, but you're also our late-season aaa monster now.
I'm gonna be completely serious you should manage a team some time. You did an awesome job strategizing in the later weeks and thinking beyond the obvious with the tiebreakers, which helped put us on top. You da (potato) bomb.

OM
Friend, co-captain, long-time co-mod, we both know how crazy we've been driven by how close we keep getting. Always within grasp, but never quite there. But we scaled the mountain, we reached the peak, we beat up a bunch of dudes and got a trophy for it. I don't think you're cursed anymore :blobwizard:

Almost forgot...
UT and Isaiah
Thanks so much for being so on top of things. I swear I don't know how you got shit up so quickly 95% of the time. You made this OMPL possible with a ton of work.

Everybody who helped in Semis and Finals! Thanks so much. Our support was actually broken those two weeks.

As for myself...
I'm going to be taking a 2 week break after cleaning up a few loose ends (such as Usage + Replays thread and getting custom avatar through for our team) where I just completely cut off PS and Smogon. After that I'll be back, but I think my days on this site are numbered.

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Woo.

Holy shit

I don't think you guys know just how happy I am right now. I'm negl, I'm a little teary.

This has been a fantastic few months, and I am so glad to have finally won an OMPL. As I have always said, I have the best team in the world, and even though this is a small moment, every single person on the Trums have given me such joy to talk to, watch play, or see build. Some of your records didn't show just how cool I genuinely think you are, and I hope you all keep staying fantastic, wonderful people.

Now, I tend not to do these post-ompl shoutouts, but I think I've finally, like, done something right as a manager, so I believe you all deserve one.

First and foremost, thank you to drampa's grandpa for always sticking by me these ompls. You are, and have always been the single best co-manager I could ask for, supporting me when I'm down, cheering us on when it's going well, making sure my bad luck does not ruin our season. The Temper Tyrantrums is just as much your brand as it is mine, and I do not think we could have done it without your drafting support, ideas, managerial experience, and overall wonderfulness. You're a dream to work with, and I hope we could do something together in the future (but not, like, next ompl I am outta here yo LMAO)

Quantum Tesseract, thank you for being such a fire player! It is just so fascinating to watch you work and support the trums, and I hope that you didn't feel overextended this tournament. I'm so glad to have had you on the team, and I am so glad you put so much work into running that MnM slot like you did.

Ren, holy shit I did not remember just how good of a player you were oh my god. I am so, so glad that we drafted you, even though it was a bit on a whim. You absolutely provided everything I could ever ask for as a player, whether it be in energy, support, playing or just overall comradery. Thank you so much for sticking by us, even though we were a bit of a mess early on. I hope the wind takes you to wonderous places, mon amie.

Finchinator, my king thank you for carrying our stabmons slot even though you did not get the meta at points. You showed up, did fantastic work, and was such a great team player to have around. Watching your games was sometimes just a marvel to behold and I'm glad that you decided to give ompl a shot this year.

Fissure, you're both a tyrantrums and stabmons legend and you always put forward your best effort to help out each and every time we've drafted you or had you in the teamcord. This has been such a long time coming, and your consistent help and building with stabmons was heavily appreciated. Thanks for taking some time out of your busy life to help us, mate.

PandaDoux, hey!! You were our definite AAA slot, and helped so much with playing and building. Even if you ended up hating the meta by the end, you got some strong wins (like vs tnm) and built some cool stuff. I'm glad you were part of the trums, and I hope you were as well.

Mossy Sandwich, love, you did great. I know you're beating yourself up a bit and feel that you got carried, but you hard built and played gg every week, came in with such a strong win & outplay vs jordy to get us into semis and overall just helped the gg building process go smoothly.

Nihilslave, I genuinely think you are one of the best BH players out there. I know BH building for OMPL can be way too much at times, I know that the meta can be frustrating, but Jesus christ you are a masterclass builder and player, and watching you just... have a bit of fun building was so delightful. I know you burnt yourself out a bit, so I do hope you take a break and come back later when you feel recharged. You're someone I admire greatly, and are just... so fucking cool. Thanks for being a tyrantrum, and I'm so excited to see what you do next.

WSun1, ayo my g drampa told me you were one of the best ag players and damn did you show it mate. Like, I don't know what God you angered to get cursed, but the fact that you can still win despite your atrocious luck says so much about how good you are. Beyond that, you're a great team player, fun person, and frankly kind of the goat. You hella locked in this dub, and I'm glad you're just as excited as I am about it.

Stareal, you were absolutely a carry slot even if you were disappointed with your record at the end. NFE has to be my weakest meta knowledge wise (and jeez I am bad at pokemon), so you getting in there and getting ready to play every week was super appreciated. You had some hard mus but you came out with wins against some of the best players.

Potatochan, lmao I knew you were going to be the ace in the draft. You are such a good mons player it's insane that they let me get away with how low I actually bought you for. Watching you be excited to learn about each OM every week was wonderful and i dont think its a lie to say that we had the best 2v2 core in the tour. You were so good that you could randomly dodge into aaa and kill it LMAO, tour highlight for me right there. Absolute king shit from you every week, and I hope.you enjoyed the tour mate.

papiloco, absolutely fire from you at all times broski. I know you barely paid attention outside of your games but fuck you are so good at 2v2 its insane. There are just some lines you played that I didn't even see you are so far ahead of me in skill. You were an absolute beast this tournament and I hope you enjoyed being on the team. Cheers to ya mate.

OranBerryBlissey10, yo thanks for helping out w nfe King. Your builds were stellar, even if your investment was minimal.

DuGuo cscl - thank you both for being such supportive people to my team. I don't think I would've had the energy to keep up with OMPL if it wasn't for DuGuo constantly supporting nihil, and I'm so grateful for you both.

Morgan IBM - Thank you for both supporting my 2v2 slot and for being a pair of fantastic managers to fight against. No matter what anyone says, I am so glad that it was you two we fought in the finals, and am so glad to have met you both. Hopefully you come back and give us another rousing showing next year!

The Strap ay dawg you're an honorary tyrantrum after all those years we've done ompl together, like, I was so mad when you dropped LMAO. I hope you've been doing well, and I want you to know that a little bit of this win was dedicated to you.

astralydia mon amie, I know you got eliminated at semis (again), but I hope you feel at least like a part of this win as my former co-manager. You had a pretty solid season and I was so happy that you hopped in to support us in the finals.

Dragonillis omicorio Fc Icemaster lotiasite baconeatinassassin in the hills MZ Pigeons LBDC cityscapes Dr. Phd. BJ aesf (in spirit)

Thank you all for supporting my team during semis and finals. You were crucial in prep, Spirit, and overall atmosphere, and I hope you all understand just how appreciative of you I am.

As for myself, I'm, just, so happy. Thank you all for an amazing, amazing season, and for being the best players a manager can ask for. I can not wait to see where you all go from here. You gave me such a fantastic final year on ps, and once I leave I will always treasure this season of OMPL.

unknown-12.png

Tyrantrums Rawr, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)