BSS Porygon2 (QC 1/1) (GP 1/1)

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
patopatopatopatopatopatopatopato

[SET]
Immortal Duck (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace / Download
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fairy / Poison
EVs: 244 HP / 188 Def / 4 SpA / 60 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack / Ice Beam / Tera Blast
- Foul Play / Ice Beam / Discharge
- Recover
- Thunder Wave / Discharge
[SET COMMENTS]
* With its wide movepool and impressive bulk courtesy of Eviolite, Porygon2 is a great defensive option.

* **Tri Attack vs Tera Blast**: Tri Attack offers Porygon2 consistent damage and the chance of inflicting status, while Tera Blast allows Porygon2 to make use of Tera to damage foes it might miss out on with Tri Attack such as Flutter Mane.

* **Foul Play**: Foul Play prevents Porygon2 from being used as setup fodder by the likes of Dragonite and Ogerpon, punishing their attempts to boost with increasing damage.

* **Ice Beam**: Ice Beam allows Porygon2 to more immediately threaten important targets like Dragonite and Landorus-T without relying on Tera.

* **Discharge**: Discharge gives Porygon2 coverage against the likes of Primarina and enables it to attempt to spread paralysis even through Taunt.

EV Spreads
==========
* **244 HP / 192 Def / 60 SpD / 12 Spe with Calm**: This spread gives Porygon2 good mixed bulk and allows it to outspeed paralyzed Urshifu.

Tera Types
==========
* **Tera Dependency - Medium**: Porygon2 is a great defensive presence even without Tera; however, the right Tera type is still crucial in allowing it to lock down important targets.

* **Fairy**: Tera Fairy gives Porygon2 resistances to Dark- and Fighting-type attacks, allowing it to better stand up to foes such as Urshifu. The immunity to Dragon is also useful in denying Scale Shot attempts from the likes of Dragonite.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison grants a resistance to Fighting as well as an immunity to Toxic and Toxic Spikes, enabling Porygon2 to function better against bulkier teams.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/derpysux.528485/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/starkgod.62165/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/theorymon.29010/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/ut.523866/

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just some quick feedback before I forget!

- I think its worth having a bullet for Trace vs Download, mainly because Trace's big things like messing with the ruins abilities is a highly BSS specific mechanic that most other people will find pretty obscure!

- Since Discharge is slashed in, I don't think you need the Other Options Tag!

- I do notice that Bold has almost double the usage of Calm, are there any more physically defensive spreads out there that make sense? I've been using something super similar to the one you use myself so I haven't thought too much about it!

Otherwise this looks good to me, QC 2/1!

DerpySuX

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Just some quick feedback before I forget!

- I think its worth having a bullet for Trace vs Download, mainly because Trace's big things like messing with the ruins abilities is a highly BSS specific mechanic that most other people will find pretty obscure!

- Since Discharge is slashed in, I don't think you need the Other Options Tag!

- I do notice that Bold has almost double the usage of Calm, are there any more physically defensive spreads out there that make sense? I've been using something super similar to the one you use myself so I haven't thought too much about it!

Otherwise this looks good to me, QC 2/1!
I looked everywhere I could for physdef spreads and came up empty handed, so I figured it would be better to add that in once I find the spread rather than just pulling a spread out of my ass.

I say Pató!

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 60 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tera Blast
- Discharge
- Recover
- Magnet Rise

Too often Pory2 runs into the Ursaluna-BM matchup, which it struggles with. The QC set can’t outheal the combination of BM/Hyper/BM. With steel tera and Magnet Rise Porygon2 can add Ursaluna to the list of things it locks up while keeping this mixed bulk spread. The high usage of Dragonite makes magnet rise p2 a great anti-meta defensive option, walling the banded, loaded dice and the eq/espeed only sets

It can be afforded a bold nature to better stand against Ogerpon and Chien-Pao as steel typing grants P2 a Fairy and “Make It Rain” resistance.

Terablast steel lets it hit the No.1 usage mon for super effective along with Chien-Pao while keeping its STAB pre-tera. *explained above*

Discharge gives p2 the ability to para the switch-ins that it naturally forces and hit Primarina / choiced locked Urshifu-RS for SE dmg.

Cons
Outside Bloodmoon Ursaluna and Dragonite, Magnet Rise is a niche option vs things like choiced tera-flying Lando-T and more obscure eq coverage mons i.e. Baxcalibur.

It is a more tera dependent set but allowing it the tools to better check the tiers top usage threats is noteworthy.

I say Pató!

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 60 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tera Blast
- Discharge
- Recover
- Magnet Rise

Too often Pory2 runs into the Ursaluna-BM matchup, which it struggles with. The QC set can’t outheal the combination of BM/Hyper/BM. With steel tera and Magnet Rise Porygon2 can add Ursaluna to the list of things it locks up while keeping this mixed bulk spread. The high usage of Dragonite makes magnet rise p2 a great anti-meta defensive option, walling the banded, loaded dice and the eq/espeed only sets

It can be afforded a bold nature to better stand against Ogerpon and Chien-Pao as steel typing grants P2 a Fairy and “Make It Rain” resistance.

Terablast steel lets it hit the No.1 usage mon for super effective along with Chien-Pao while keeping its STAB pre-tera. *explained above*

Discharge gives p2 the ability to para the switch-ins that it naturally forces and hit Primarina / choiced locked Urshifu-RS for SE dmg.

Cons
Outside Bloodmoon Ursaluna and Dragonite, Magnet Rise is a niche option vs things like choiced tera-flying Lando-T and more obscure eq coverage mons i.e. Baxcalibur.

It is a more tera dependent set but allowing it the tools to better check the tiers top usage threats is noteworthy.
That's really thought out. I never would've thought to run Magnet Rise, since ground isn't a regular weakness. Also gets fissure what's cool. I wonder if offensive P2 is still a thing.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
patopatopatopatopatopatopatopato ????????????

[SET]
Immortal Duck (Porygon2) @ Eviolite I would prefer a descriptive set name, but this is funny enough I am leaving it as a suggestion
Ability: Trace / Download
Tera Type: Fairy / Poison
EVs: 244 HP / 188 Def / 4 SpA / 60 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack / Ice Beam / Tera Blast
- Foul Play / Ice Beam / Discharge
- Recover
- Thunder Wave / Discharge
[SET COMMENTS]
* With its wide movepool and impressive bulk courtesy of Eviolite, Porygon2 is a great defensive option in the Regulation F metagame.

* **Tri Attack vs Tera Blast**: Tri Attack offers Porygon2 consistent STAB damage and the chance of inflicting status, however while Tera Blast allows Porygon2 to make use of its Tera Type to damage foes it might miss out on with Tri Attack rc such as Flutter Mane.

* **Foul Play**: Foul Play prevents Porygon2 from being used as setup fodder by the likes of Dragonite and Ogerpon, punishing their attempts to boost with increasing damage.

* **Ice Beam**: Ice Beam allows Porygon2 to more immediately threaten important targets like Dragonite and Landorus-T without relying on Tera.

* **Discharge**: Discharge gives Porygon2 coverage against the likes of Primarina and enables it to attempt to spread paralysis even through Taunt.

EV Spreads
==========
* **244 HP / 192 Def / 60 SpD / 12 Spe with Calm**: This spread gives Porygon2 good mixed bulk and allows it to outspeed paralyzed Urshifu.

Tera Types
==========
* **Tera Dependency - Medium**: Porygon2 is a great defensive presence even without Tera, however Tera; however, the right Tera Type type is still crucial in allowing it to lock down important targets.

* **Fairy**: Tera Fairy gives Porygon2 resistances to Dark- and Fighting-type attacks, allowing it to better stand up to foes such as Urshifu. The immunity to Dragon is also useful in denying Scale Shot attempts from the likes of Dragonite.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison grants a Fighting resistance resistance to Fighting as well as an immunity to Toxic and Toxic Spikes, enabling Porygon2 to function better against bulkier teams.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/derpysux.528485/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/starkgod.62165/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/theorymon.29010/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/ut.523866/
GP 1/1!

GP Team done

DerpySuX

Done, thank you!!

patopatopatopatopatopatopatopato ????????????
pato is Spanish for duck, we call porygon2 haxpato in bss world.
Therefore set name is also descriptive, it is duck, it not die, immortal duck.

• Haha
Reactions: UT

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
My brain read that as “potato” over and over again…that makes more sens…

DerpySuX

We have discussion threads for this kind of stuff please do that in there

• Angry
Reactions: UT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)