Programming Porydex - Showdown usage stats viewer, with trend charts

Does this have the ability to compare Pokemon between generations? If not, I am requesting that feature.
That sounds like a cool feature that would be right in line with the rest of Porydex's goals. How would you want it to work? What specifically would you want to compare?

That sounds like a cool feature that would be right in line with the rest of Porydex's goals. How would you want it to work? What specifically would you want to compare?
Usage and tier. Useful for analyzing how the introduction of newer Pokemon affects the meta.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Have you considered having a "clear deadzones" kind of option for graphs? Some tiers (like RoA Spotlights) are only on sporadically, so when you view graphs, you end up having them look like this:
1612304782738.png

I think it would greatly increase viewing quality.

--

On a side note, using PS Long Descriptions for move effects here, as Smogon does, could be a nice touch.

re: chart deadzones: The main reason I'm not already doing that is because I couldn't think of a way to differentiate between "Tentacruel has 0% for Gen 1 UU in that month because it was in OU at the time" and "Tentacruel has 0% for Gen 1 UU in that month because Gen 1 UU had no battles in that month"

Except, now that I think it through further, I literally do have the data on which formats have [any data at all] in which months, so I can differentiate. Thanks for bringing that up, I'll add it soon.

re: long descriptions: all the move descriptions and stuff are ripped straight from the game roms, and I'd rather not give myself the hassle of another set of description texts to maintain... If you can point me to an API that gives me those descriptions, I'll gladly integrate it

EDIT: chart deadzones gone, happy RoA analyzing

Last edited:
Could you please expand the metagames covered to include ones outside of the main (ubers, ou, uu, etc.) ones? I jump around some of the side ones like balanced hackmons and it'd be nice to find every metagame in this.

I'm not able to view the website. It's saying it's "redirected too many times". What's the deal? Great project btw, I love how you can view metagame trends with this.

I'm not able to view the website. It's saying it's "redirected too many times". What's the deal?
It means I pooped up when renewing the SSL certificate a few days ago, lmao oops, fixed

Could you please expand the metagames covered to include ones outside of the main (ubers, ou, uu, etc.) ones? I jump around some of the side ones like balanced hackmons and it'd be nice to find every metagame in this.
Sorry but I'm probably not going to do this, just because of how much more data volume that would require. (Casual reminder that this project is fully open source and anyone can fork it and reconfigure it to pull in data for whatever formats they want)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)