Pet Mod Poketypos (Sinistcha Slate)

Mythical: Skeloetta, Claymin, Terraura (SV), Zarune

Solo/Duo/Pseudo: Nurshifu, Fetagross(SV), Slowmo-Bow, Brrshifu, Claystrier, Lavitas, Hydrygon

Ultra Beast/Paradox: Candy Rocks, Guzzwole, Gunklord, Great Husk, Steam Tail, Iron Threads, Nifilhego (SV), Iron Wuggulis, Bananadel, Sailing Moon

Mythical: Vaccini, Bianshee, Slaymin (SV), Tarshadow, Zarune
Legendary: Fetagross, Sleektram, Claystrier (SV), Hydrogin, Metafrost
Paradox: Sailing Moon, Guzzwole (SV), Iron Threads, Faeremosa, Candy Rocks, Ion Variant, Great Musk

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
Mythical: Melnettle, Vaccini, Bianshee, Zarune, Skeloetta (SV)
Sub-Legend: Sleektram, Metagrave, Electrier, Chesselia, Saurshifu (SV)
UB/Paradox: Great Musk, Sailing Moon (SV), Guzzwole, Faeromosa, Great Husk

Alright, we have our winners!
For Mythicals, the winner is Zarune by me!
:ss/zarude:
Original Pokemon: Zarude
New Pokémon: Zarune (Zarude + Rune)
Type: Ground / Psychic
Abilities: Mold Breaker
Stats: 105 / 120 / 105 / 70 / 105 / 95 {BST: 600}
Weight: 110.0 kg
Movepool Changes:
  • + Runic Rebellion (Psychic | 80 BP | Contact | 100% Acc | 10 PP | Cures user’s non-volatile status conditions), Magic Coat, Zen Headbutt, Psychic Fangs, Trick, Earthquake, Stealth Rock
  • - All Grass-type moves, All Dark-type moves except Taunt
Height: will do if it wins
Flavor / Explanation: It’s a statue made from mud and clay resembling a type of primate.
Competitive Role: Pivot and rocker with a large utility movepool able to run a multitude of different sets similar to base Zarude with the added utility of Mold Breaker.

For Legendaries and Psuedos, the winner is Fetagross by jazzmat!
View attachment 495433
Original Pokemon: Metagross
New Pokemon: Fetagross
Type: Fairy/Poison
Abilities: Stench/Lingering Aroma//Aroma Veil
Stats: 90/120/130/95/95/70
Weight: Unchanged
Movepool Changes:
+ Play Rough, Strange Steam, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Cross Poison, Belch, Defog
- All steel moves, all psychic moves except Psycho Cut, Agility, Trick, and Rest, all rock moves except stealth rock

Height: Unchanged
Flavor / Explanation: Fetagross is a giant cheese monster that gives off a putrid sour scent that can be smelled a mile around it.
Competitive Role: Bulky rock setter and defogger that can't be taunted with aroma veil that also has the option of punishing physical attackers with lingering aroma or being able to fish for flinches with stench and short

And for Ultra Beasts and Paradoxes, the winner is Iron Threads by Z-nogyroP!
:sv/iron-treads: :sv/ariados:
Original Pokémon: Iron Treads
New Pokémon: Iron Threads (a.k.a. Paradox Ariados)
Type: Poison / Ghost
Abilities: Quark Drive / Filter (Hidden)
Stats: 120 / 128 / 86 / 70 / 108 / 58 (570 BST)
Weight/Height: 0.9 m / 28.0 kg
Movepool Changes: + Toxic, Toxic Thread, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Poison Fang, Toxic Spikes, U-turn, Leech Life, Giga Drain, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Phantom Force, Spirit Shackle, Shadow Ball, Sticky Web, Taunt, Night Shade, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Electroweb
- Ground moves, Steel moves except Smart Strike, Rock moves, Body Press, Ice Spinner, Ice Fang, Rapid Spin, Knock Off, Volt Switch

Flavor: A mechanical Ariados repurposed for surveillance. Its eyes are now camera lenses, and it can phase in and out of reality to creep through walls and spy on people.
Competitive: Webs setter that differentiates itself from Taranitar with a different defensive typing, a physical lean, and much worse Speed. Not much of a stallbreaker, but it can set Toxic Spikes alongside Sticky Web and trap with Spirit Shackle as poison wears down the enemy.

And with that, we have a couple announcements to make.

One is that Moretto will unfortunately be leaving the council. Thank you for all of your work these past few slates, you've been a great help to all of us here, and good luck with your own Pet Mods!

Secondly is that alongside the current winners of this slate, two already existing Pokemon will be added to this meta as well, those being Toedscruel and Wugtrio, the original inspirations for this mod!
:sv/toedscruel: :sv/wugtrio:
While Wugtrio is likely not going to be very good, Toedscruel could definitely be viable and provides a good amount of utility to the meta.

And finally, we will be entering a playtesting phase in order to test out this meta a bit more and see what we need and what is problematic here, which mean slates will pause for a bit, but expect to see some balance changes in the near future when slates open up once more.
In the meantime, feel free to post your thoughts on the current meta, Pokemon, etc. in this thread or in the Discord!​

Last edited:
I think from what I am seeing so far, we are doing pretty well for ourselves. My main issue is the lack of tallying the available options when voting, I feel like this could make older submissions more prone to not be voted on in favor of newer and easier assecable submissions. I think by showing the options up front when voting begins every submission will have a more equal chance of winning. Otherwise I feel like this thread is doing good, and I'm intrigued with actually trying out this meta during the testing phase.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
From watching some replays, doing some attempt at teambuilding and having some brief discussions, I have come to realise that Pokétypos as it currently stands is a flawed metagame, and one that imo needs some restructuring from the top down. Everything feels like they lack something, and while that may not seem that big a deal, it tends to add up and forces you into pretty troublesome situations. Defensive Pokémon for the most part here lack utility, to the point where offensive threats are attempting to pick up the slack. Prior to the last slate there was a total of 4 Stealth Rock users, and none of them want to use SR. The new additions are better at using SR, but honestly are forced into the position rather than being a natural fit. Hazard removal is almost as bad, the list of defensive hazard removal again being rather mediocre. Not to mention there are a couple of plain terrible or useless Pokémon in the tier that just slog the roles that they could have carried. I want to go over the list of mons we have and what are they're main issues if any. If I skipped them they are most likely issue free.

Sapras - I believe this Pokémon is below average now but the sole reason for that is because the Steel types we have are frankly laughable or scarse. Thus if the Steel types we have are heavily altered or buffed, I can see this Pokémon immediately falling flat due to simply not having any means to make any sort of progress versus any competent Steel. Good anti steel coverage, viable set up options and or more sustainable means to making progress would help it out.

Urthwyrm - Imagine taking Orthwurm and removing all of it's redeeming qualities. You are left with Urthwyrm. It's defensive typing seems rather useless, as the main reason I'd add a a bulky Ground / Dragon is to check Electric types, Fire types and Rock types. It also comes with the special Ground immunity too. Problem? It cannot check any of these, or they aren't any variants of these to check. Only 2 Electrics currently exist in the meta, one a defensive Pokémon that can also heavily cripple it with it's main STAB, and the other an offensive threat that can simply remove it's Leftovers and make it susceptible to Spikes (the main hazard in this metagame). All of our major Fire types are special and can therefore most likely 2HKO Urthwyrm through it's resistance thanks to it's paltry 75/55 SpD. Urthwyrm does a decent job at checking Ground types, but other Pokémon do it better without having the cost of running an Urthwyrm. Stat reshuffle is definitely in order imo, with this definitely being the type of Pooémon that NEEDS recovery. I think Spikes should also be given back here, and Glare would be nice to smack the multitude of things that still can switch in on it regardless.

Mud - Give Mud Stealth Rock. Water Absorb > Storm Drain.

Fweezing - What were we thinking. An offensive Ice type with poor stats and Normal Ice Psychic coverage is a recipe for disaster, and contrary to what submitters believe, Hail is doing absolutely nothing to solve this Pokémon's underlying issues. It has no coverage whatsoever and does not hit hard enough to justify it's existence. I'd rather use Glimmaurora as a physical Ice type thanks to reliable momentum, power offensive utility in it's speed tier. This thing needs real physical moves, and most likely should have boosting and a secondary type. Weather sweepers that can't boost their power in any way do not justify their existence to run a (usually) debilitating team style.

Arcamine - Arcamine's largest issue imo is it's generalist statline holding it down heavily from doing what it actually wants to do. It doesn't stomach hits as hard as it wishes nor does it forces the switches it wishes it did. It's my error for not optimizing the stats better, but rn that 100 SpA is sitting rather useless and it would be much better spent in speed bulk or power (preferably the last two, but any two would do).

Aurodactyl - I think both stats and Movepool are the main issue here. Aurodactyl wants to be the Corviknight / Skarmory / Celesteela of our tier and on paper it should thrive. Main problem is it's stats are too plain to fully utilize the few tools it does have. Aurodactyl doesn't need 100 speed if it's goal is to be a defensive mon since it's bulk is pretty mid, and if you wanted it to be an offensive pivot instead, it's Movepool is sorely lacking, having bad coverage options and no utility outside of Defog. Mods should decide which of those paths they want Aurodactyl to be on and rework it to better fit that role.

Eelix - I made this to be Rotom that trades bulk for speed, and while it's largely a solid Pokémon, I think giving one or two more things to do can solidify it's role. Volt Absorb > Lightning Rod for sure, the zero invested SpA barely matters +1 and the healing of chip is much more preferred. Probably give this SR too. I do not think this needs or even really warrants reliable recovery to properly function imo, it should exist just fine without it.

Appleton - Similar to Aurodactyl, it has the typing, the ability, but when you boil it down, what does this Pokémon do when you add it to a team? Because it honestly seems like it just sits and click Leech Seed or run the awful Body Press set that is easily taken advantage of because Appleton's defense is really bad prior to a boost and it's too passive to force anything out prior to a ID or even two. In theory it's the best wall we have but in practice all it does is drag down a team. Giving some actual utility and or offensive presense like Ferrothorn does would go a long way to solving it's issues here.

Crowhat - Another invention of mine, this imo is kinda sorta Zarude at home, and any success it seems to be having is honestly due to how bad the multiple Pokémon we have designed to easily blank it's coverage are. This imo needs Knock Off, and having a means to dispatch Steel types, even if while having a drawback like Superpower would go a long ways to improving this Pokémon.

Beavor - Carpenter does nothing for Beavor, as it would rather go to +2 and nuke bulky Waters with Return than clog up it's moveslots with Wood Hammer and leaving it open to be walled by multitudes of other threats. Personally I believe Sharpness is the play here - dual STAB + CC hits everything we have in the tier so far. Not sure if stats warrant a change rn but I'll watch and see ig.

Roseroast - My SOLE gripe with Roseroast is how utterly useless it's signature move is. Why not click Fire Blast or Flamethrower two times instead of clicking Leech Seed + Combustion? And then it removes Leech Seed regardless? If a switch in that forces you out exists, you're not going to be in a position to Leech Seed + Combustion. You are going to LS then swap out. I just hate useless signature moves, makes coding hard for no gain.

Kazuumarill - My final creation, it unfortunately joined the tier exactly when Taranitar did, and that thing swiftly claimed position as very best Fire in the tier, making everything else bad. Even outside of that, I think Kazuumarill really would want some extra defensive utility to position itself to wallbreak better. On that end, recovery and or (but really and) a bulk increase would do it wonders, even if that means you gotta minmax that 40 Attack stat further (Azumarill didn't leave much choice)

Bullibot - The worst of the mediocre Steel trio, imo this one surpasses the other two and graduates into plain bad territory. It wants to be a wall but also it suddenly thinks it should also be a fierce offensive threat while having no utility nor having good STAB moves. Bulli not only is trying to do two things at once, it lacks any of the tools to do any of the things it wants to do competently. Decide what you want Bellibot to do, and retool it's stats and Movepool to execute that much more efficiently.

Fetagross - Give this Pokémon good Fire coverage.

Iron Threads - Give this Rapid Spin.

As for Toedscruel and Wugtrio, I asked for them to be added, so I should bare the responsibility of making them not be shit additions in a micrometa like this. For Toedscruel tbh give it the bulky Grass utility moves (so Leech Seed), Toxic, U-turn and Strength Sap. With extra utility it probably makes it's presence felt more. Wugtrio is tough, that Pokémon needs an entire overhaul from the ground up or unless people plan on giving it Arena Trap. I have been stratching my head at the right path to go but I think I'd need help here.

That's all my thoughts most of the slacking Pokémon here, I think once issues like these are addressed in a proper manner, the metagame should sort itself into a much healthier and enjoyable metagame, allowing you to assess problematic elements easier. Like Smoninja.

And for the love of god please give Ground and Steel types Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I just hate useless signature moves, makes coding hard for no gain.
I believe official Showdown move coders felt the same way regarding official-but-useless signature moves.

Alongside the spreadsheet desperately needing an update for all the new additions, we should not be afraid to go a little crazy - not super crazy! - and focus on the Pokémon’s potentials strengths as well as how it will fit into the meta. For example, if you want a defensive Fire-type, by all means, have the learnset and Abilities synergy with the type itself so that it won’t fall flat against types it is supposed to resist, or to circumvent / counter Ground-type and Rock-type weaknesses.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Prior to the last slate there was a total of 4 Stealth Rock users, and none of them want to use SR. The new additions are better at using SR, but honestly are forced into the position rather than being a natural fit. Hazard removal is almost as bad, the list of defensive hazard removal again being rather mediocre.
Could be just me, but I don't necessarily think we need more SR setters due to the current offensive nature of the meta which can make progress without relying on hazard chip damage. I do agree that hazard removal is a bit lacklustre at the moment.

Going to spend the rest of this post highlighting some prominent mons and suggesting improvements for those that are lacking.

Zarude - It's like the Lando-T of Poketypos, you can't go wrong with adding it to your team. Psychic/Ground/Fighting coverage hits pretty much everything available, and a decent speed tier of base 95 allows Scarf sets to check the other offensive threats around.

Taranitar - Haven't used it personally so I'm just judging from replays and from playing against it. Imagine Volcarona but slower and bulkier, with a move that lowers the opponent's speed and doubles the damage taken from Fire-moves. Great mon, nerf Tar Shot.

Smoninja - Not particularly trash. Life Orb Magic Guard Shadow Ball with two resists and two immunes is pretty good.

Glimmaurora - Life Orb Magic Guard Flare Blitz and Mind Blown, U-turn out if not good match up.

Fetagross - I think this is fine and doesn't need Fire coverage. STABs already hit hard of 120 Atk, and Earthquake/Thunder Punch/Body Press can hit everything else that STABs can't. Not sure why you would need Fire coverage (Aurodactyl has Heatproof).

Judowoodo - Wasn't expecting it to be that good, but I guess Azu level offense is pretty strong.

As for suggestions,

Wugtrio - It's frail and lacks good coverage. We could give it Technician and make it like Ambipom, but with like actual options to use with Technician. Ice Spinner and Flip Turn are a few additions that come to mind that would improve Wugtrio. By no means excellent, but it should at least become playable.

Toedscruel - Reduce the downside of Mycelium Might, that's the major reason it isn't great. So, instead of -7 priority, its speed gets halved while using status moves. Its kit is already good (Spore, Spikes, Knock Off, Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes, Stun Spore), but it's hard to find a reason to use this as your Ground type when Zarune exists.

Arcamine - Replace Guard Dog with Rocky Payload. I don't know if it would be broken or not, but it will be fun to use.

Urthwyrm - Give it Glare and Stone Edge and it would be a better Sandaconda. Reshuffling some speed into attack would work too imo. Shed Skin Rest sort of works as a semi-reliable method of recovery already. Maybe Regenerator over Earth Eater can work thematically.

Sapras - Live Wo-Chien Reaction. They're both 4x weak to a type already, and Nature's Madness would fit thematically. Thick Fat would help mitigate some of the weaknesses of its typing.

Fweezing - What G-Luke said, get this mon some coverage, though even then I still think it's outclassed by Glimmaurora despite being offensively stronger. Can't even make use of Thermal Exchange because it's going to get obliterated by Ember. I really don't know how to improve this.

Don't really have much of an opinion on anything else atm.

G-Luke

Could be just me, but I don't necessarily think we need more SR setters due to the current offensive nature of the meta which can make progress without relying on hazard chip damage. I do agree that hazard removal is a bit lacklustre at the moment.

Going to spend the rest of this post highlighting some prominent mons and suggesting improvements for those that are lacking.

Zarude - It's like the Lando-T of Poketypos, you can't go wrong with adding it to your team. Psychic/Ground/Fighting coverage hits pretty much everything available, and a decent speed tier of base 95 allows Scarf sets to check the other offensive threats around.

Taranitar - Haven't used it personally so I'm just judging from replays and from playing against it. Imagine Volcarona but slower and bulkier, with a move that lowers the opponent's speed and doubles the damage taken from Fire-moves. Great mon, nerf Tar Shot.

Smoninja - Not particularly trash. Life Orb Magic Guard Shadow Ball with two resists and two immunes is pretty good.

Glimmaurora - Life Orb Magic Guard Flare Blitz and Mind Blown, U-turn out if not good match up.

Fetagross - I think this is fine and doesn't need Fire coverage. STABs already hit hard of 120 Atk, and Earthquake/Thunder Punch/Body Press can hit everything else that STABs can't. Not sure why you would need Fire coverage (Aurodactyl has Heatproof).

Judowoodo - Wasn't expecting it to be that good, but I guess Azu level offense is pretty strong.

As for suggestions,

Wugtrio - It's frail and lacks good coverage. We could give it Technician and make it like Ambipom, but with like actual options to use with Technician. Ice Spinner and Flip Turn are a few additions that come to mind that would improve Wugtrio. By no means excellent, but it should at least become playable.

Toedscruel - Reduce the downside of Mycelium Might, that's the major reason it isn't great. So, instead of -7 priority, its speed gets halved while using status moves. Its kit is already good (Spore, Spikes, Knock Off, Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes, Stun Spore), but it's hard to find a reason to use this as your Ground type when Zarune exists.

Arcamine - Replace Guard Dog with Rocky Payload. I don't know if it would be broken or not, but it will be fun to use.

Urthwyrm - Give it Glare and Stone Edge and it would be a better Sandaconda. Reshuffling some speed into attack would work too imo. Shed Skin Rest sort of works as a semi-reliable method of recovery already. Maybe Regenerator over Earth Eater can work thematically.

Sapras - Live Wo-Chien Reaction. They're both 4x weak to a type already, and Nature's Madness would fit thematically. Thick Fat would help mitigate some of the weaknesses of its typing.

Fweezing - What G-Luke said, get this mon some coverage, though even then I still think it's outclassed by Glimmaurora despite being offensively stronger. Can't even make use of Thermal Exchange because it's going to get obliterated by Ember. I really don't know how to improve this.

Don't really have much of an opinion on anything else atm.
I don't understand the first part. What does being an offensive meta have to do with wanting reliable Stealth Rock setters in the metagame? By merit of being offensive, would you not actually want good SR setters?

I also think Zarune is being incredibly overhyped, calling it the Landorus-Therian of Pokétypos is insane considering how little defensive utility Ground Psychic actually has. It's honestly just a symptom of the state of the metagame, if a Pokémon like that can be heralded as something that good.

wugtrio is gonna be hard to salvage just from having 425 BST and already being relatively minmaxed, not to mention that soaperior kind of already does the fast hard-hitting water bit. i think the first thing that needs to happen is to make triple dive a triple axel clone so it's actually worth using, then move 20 spa into attack (120/120 with a 120 BP water STAB is scary but this mon has absolutely nothing else and can't take a hit to save its life), replace sand veil with skill link and give it icicle spear, rock blast, and flip turn so it can pretend to be cloyster. maybe slap power whip / stealth rock / spikes on there too? coil? wugtrio's movepool is so depressing that i think whenever the next slate comes around it'd be worth including it as a submission option

bullibot was mine so i'm fine with leaning more into the defensive side of it, especially given that judowoodo and furant are probably better at being offensive fighters - i'd cut 20 from spa and move it to HP and give it stealth rock, circle throw, and rapid spin, and maybe replace long reach with scrappy? the lack of close combat was an intentional move on my part because i wanted to encourage it to run either body press or drain punch, but if council thinks close combat would be necessary that's fine. between slack off, thunder wave, rocks, spin, volt switch, priority, and ironpress, that would hopefully give it enough to do to keep it relevant.

From what I'm gathering, we have too many attackers and not enough defensive/utility Pokemon. I don't think branching out of the hyper offense playstyle the meta is developing is a bad thing, in fact it's a great idea since it allows more options for team building and not focus on a select few Pokemon. The next few slates should either increase the type diversity of the metagame, don't know what typing this metagame is lacking but it's something to strive for. Additionally more weather setters are encouraged as it opens many more strategies with how to design a submission and a team, such as for instance creating an Ice or Fighting type with sand rush to act as a counter pick for the usual ground and rock type sand setters. Overall I think more varies roles and options would be encouraged.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
I don't understand the first part. What does being an offensive meta have to do with wanting reliable Stealth Rock setters in the metagame? By merit of being offensive, would you not actually want good SR setters?
Maybe offensive meta was the wrong term here. What I meant to say was that the current power level is strong enough that it doesn't particularly need the additional damage from hazards to make progress, though hazards do accelerate the process and would make the meta more offensive. Thus, I don't particualrly see the need for good SR setters atm.

I’ve been playing this meta a bit more here, and unfortunately, while I find it enjoyable to an extent, there’s quite a lot of issues with the mons here which really holds it back from being great. A good amount of Pokemon here designed for one role either are bad at that role and would likely run something else, or just have some huge problems that make them nigh unusable here. I'm gonna go through every Pokemon we’ve currently got and state my personal thoughts on them in this post.

:serperior: Might be an unpopular opinion here, but I am really not a fan of this mon’s Water Bubble schtick; makes it a lot more difficult to balance in my opinion. I’d rather have this function as a bulky breaker and pivot that’s able to use both of its STABs effectively while still being able to run setup or Defog(which is a terrible set for it currently). If it’s to keep Water Bubble though, I’d probably just increase both offensive stats by around 10 or so points at the cost of its Speed.

:charizard: Starizard is actually pretty good from what I’ve used of it. Analytic really helps this mon stand out and greatly improves its performance offensively. No changes required currently.

:greninja: Smoninja is extremely good, and dealing with it is also pretty difficult even with Eelix and Wither Wing, but I don’t really think it’s strong enough to be acted on currently. I’d personally keep an eye on it in the future. No changes required for now.

:lapras: My first mon, and unfortunately it’s not very great. There’s multiple ways to get around its weaknesses, but I’d most likely give it Earth Power and/or Nature’s Power as Fragmented said and some Cleric tools such as Wish and Aromatherapy to better capitalize off of Natural Cure. Calm Mind could also work here as well for boosting sets.

:durant: This Pokemon is not good in my opinion, especially with Zarune around, and honestly might need a complete overhaul. Normal / Fighting is a very mediocre defensive typing all things considered, and while it is great offensively; 99 attack and its low speed stat is really unfortunate, as its only gimmick is Banded Extreme Speed and it is ultimately outclassed by the other attackers in the tier, including Arcamine, who also has ESpeed (yes it doesn't hit as hard with it but it is better overall). Draining Fur is completely useless and it’s not a good Rapid Spin user currently. I’d personally change it to Dark / Fighting for STAB Knock Off and Sucker Punch as well as a Psychic immunity in order to match up better into Zarune and Starizard, boost its Attack a bit, change and buff Draining Fur a bit (and also change it’s typing), and give it Stealth Rock.

:orthworm: Ground / Dragon is much better specially than physically here, so I’d probably try to keep the bulk around 90 / 85 / 115 given its current stats at the cost of its Speed, which I think is fine. Reliable recovery and the return of Spikes is likely a given, but what could be interesting is the addition of Glare and another good ability such as Shed Skin like Sandaconda in order to abuse Coil more alongside an Attack stat increase, although that's likely not as neccessary, it could be neat in my opinion.

:muk: Yeah pretty much agree with what G-Luke said here. + Water Absorb, + SR.

:arcanine: The movepool isn’t really at all an issue with this mon, it more has to do with its stats. I’d most likely make it go more offensive (higher Atk and Spe) since most of the other ground types here are already quite defensively focused (even if some of them aren’t good).

:aerodactyl: This really doesn’t have the utility to excel at anything really. No U-Turn and SR is super unfortunate, and it likely needs some more bulk to be effective as well.

:weezing: Yeah, this mon is really bad. Needs a secondary typing, better ability and additional coverage badly and then it can at least function, I’d most likely suggest Fighting or Ghost here as they’re great offensively and can be useful defensively if this may want to set up.

:steelix: Again I agree with G-Luke here. +SR, +Volt Absorb. Parabolic Charge was discussed, which I don’t think should be necessary, although I’m not too opposed to the idea.

:appletun: Would definitely try to go for a more Ferrothorn-like approach with this mon. Needs utility badly since it’s currently stuck spamming Body Press and Iron Defense, which sucks. Definitely needs SR, but good extra utility such as Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Spikes, or Rapid Spin would also help, and I’d likely increase the Special Attack a bit in order to capitalize off of Giga Drain and Apple Acid more.

:crobat: SD sets are not bad with this mon, but they still feel somewhat weak compared to other set up sweepers here, namely Throg and Trailblaze Judowoodo. Some extra coverage and Knock Off would really go a long way for this Pokemon, but I think the most glaring issue here is this mon’s lack of pivoting, which really makes it much more questionable to run Intimidate or Spikes sets effectively on this mon without any way to bring in other Pokemon to capitalize off of it.

:scyther: Carpenter is useless for sure. I think Sharpness, Tough Claws, or Sheer Force could be a good replacement for this mon, and should definitely allow this to function better as a breaker.

:roserade: The sig isn’t good at all, but even besides that I think this mon really could have used a better ability or more coverage since currently it’s coverage is quite bad and it doesn’t hit as hard as it would like since it’s forced to use HDB unlike base Roserade.

:sudowoodo: Very good breaker, CB sets and Trailblaze sets are both very threatening on this but you can play around them. No changes required.

:tyranitar: Probably the only nerf required here, but Tar Shot is simply too strong in its current state. The speed drop is definitely a bit too egregious for its effect, but even without that Speed drop, it’s still concerning as it’s able to outspeed most of its switchins anyway(not to mention it is super effective against Eelix and Kazuumarill). I’d probably revert Mud Shot back to how it was originally and give it something such as Taunt or maybe Magma Storm in order to still keep its stallbreaking role without being able to beat its switchins with such consistency.

:throh: Very neat bulky booster, definitely very good at its role. No changes required.

:azumarill: While Taranitar completely overshadowed this mon, I still think that this would likely be pretty mediocre aside from that. Its bulk is very bad for a slow breaker like itself and it also doesn’t have any way to boost up or heal itself at all, which is a lot more important for a breaker that’s weak to Rocks, as Specs isn’t nearly as viable as it would otherwise be. I’d consider changing the typing to something not weak to rocks, but still strong enough to be good offensively alongside Poison(Fighting, Electric, or Dark maybe?), while giving it some more bulk, setup options, and possibly recovery.

:glimmora: Was pleasantly surprised by this mon’s performance. Definitely feels a bit lacking physically since it has no coverage, but specially it’s very threatening. It does feel slightly concerning at the moment since U-Turn is amazing on this mon and it’s faster than everything in the meta bar Soaperior, which is quite good considering how hard it hits with Mind Blown, but I don’t think any changes are really needed on it currently since it still feels pretty abusable.

:slither wing: This mon is great; fantastic utility, great stats and typing, while also having some clear weaknesses. Doesn’t need any changes.

:bellibolt: This is not a good mon whatsoever. Steel / Fighting is pretty mediocre into this meta defensively (very bad against Psychics, Fairies and Flyings, without much benefit) and it’s got no utility to utilize its good bulk. Personally, I would have this mon's typing change to something a bit better for this meta, most likely Steel / Dark, as that should allow it to beat Starizard, Smoninja, and Iron Threads better, increasing its defensive profile.

:zarude: My second mon, but this time it's actually a good one. I don’t think this thing is Lando-T level or anything like that, but with that being said it is a very good option and will likely remain so even once changes roll out. Scarf and offensive Rock sets are pretty nice from what I’ve run, and it really doesn’t have too much competition in its role as of current since most of our rockers are not great. No changes.

:metagross: While I do agree that Fire coverage would definitely help out a lot in making this better, my main complaint with this mon is its typing. It’s meant to be a defogger and lead rocker but it’s generally losing to most of the other leads since it is weak to Ground and can’t punish our hazard removal very well if it’s running SR. I’m not entirely sure if a type change would be best, but it’s something I’m considering and I think it could help it perform its roles a lot better than it currently can.

:iron treads: I can’t form a real opinion on this just yet because it wasn’t legal in the teambuilder during most of my matches, so I don’t have any experience playing with or against it. That being said, I’m concerned about this one since Fetagross likely performs the role it wants to perform, and that is a bit weak. I guess we’ll just have to see what occurs.

:toedscruel: :wugtrio: For these two, I think the best idea is what DuoM2 proposed in the discord and add these two as a bonus to the upcoming slate, as it gives the community a chance to edit these mons to their liking similarly to all the other mons here, while allowing us to keep them with them being more suitable for this meta, so it makes the most sense to me personally. I guess the council could edit these mons ourselves or just… Delete them(which I’m not a fan of, but it is an option), but I still believe that they would be best suited as a bonus even if it’s a bit unorthodox for this mod.

And that’s about it. I know I already stated this before, but this is just my opinion and not the council’s so nothing mentioned here is guaranteed to happen; we’re looking at your feedback and determining the best course of action here, and I'm definitely still open to any feedback on my suggestions. Thank all of you for your input, it’s extremely helpful and I’m very glad and grateful to see the support you guys have of this mod.

Going forward, I would like to recommend everyone to be a lot more wary with the moves they add, remove, or do not add to their subs in particular and how it will affect their performance here, so we can prevent a situation like this again where too many Pokemon of the tier are unviable like how it is now.

Last edited:
It has been a bit, hasn't it?
I apologize for making you all wait for these changes for so long, they took longer than initially expected, but either way, here they are!

Appleton :ss/appletun:

110 / 80 / 75 / 80 / 110 / 30 → 110 / 55 / 75 / 105 / 110 / 30
+ Earth Power, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave
Appletun's bulk was already great, so all it really needed was some more utility and some ways to remediate its passivity. A higher special attack stat, Apple Acid and Earth Power should solve its passivity issues, while Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Thunder Wave lets it act as a much more effective wall.

Arcamine :rb/arcanine:

95 / 110 / 80 / 100 / 80 / 95 → 95 / 125 / 80 / 75 / 80 / 105
Arcamine's stats were unfortunately not optimized enough for its role, and ultimately left it somewhat ineffective as a breaker. A higher attack and speed stat should separate this mon from Zarude enough and allow it to better function as a breaker.

Aurodactyl :rb/aerodactyl:

80 / 60 / 80 / 105 / 90 / 100 → 80 / 45 / 90 / 105 / 110 / 85
+ Make It Rain, U-Turn, Stealth Rock
Aurodactyl always suffered from a lack of utility ever since it hit the meta, with it's only really consistent utility being Defog. More bulk, Stealth Rock, and U-Turn should help remediate those issues, while Make It Rain gives it a very strong STAB to use with its newly gained pivoting.

Beavor :sv/kleavor:

Pickup → Sharpness
Sharpness should be a much more consistent alternative than Carpenter, giving it two extremely dangerous STABs in Slash and Aqua Cutter.

Crowhat :gs/crobat:

95 / 95 / 80 / 70 / 80 / 115 —> 95 / 105 / 80 / 60 / 80 / 115 + Close Combat, Knock Off, U-Turn
Knock Off and U-Turn should drastically improve the performance of Crowhat's Spikes and Intimidate sets, while Close Combat should give it some consistent coverage to hit Dark and Steel types.

Eelix :gs/steelix:

Lightning Rod → Volt Absorb + Stealth Rock
Volt Absorb should give this a bit more longevity compared to Lightning Rod when stopping Volt Switch, while Stealth Rock gives it some extra utility in hazards.

Fweezing :rb/weezing:

Ice → Ice / Ghost
Thermal Exchange now gives a Fire-type move immunity on top of its original effects

65 / 120 / 85 / 60 / 70 / 90 → 65 / 120 / 85 / 50 / 70 / 100
+ Liquidation, Shadow Bone, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance
Ice / Ghost is extremely good STAB and buffed Thermal Exchange + Swords Dance is a very threatening combination that will make it hard to deal with if it gets the chance to set up while also giving it some more defensive utility due to its 3 immunities.

Iron Threads :sv/iron treads:

+ Rapid Spin
Giving Iron Threads Rapid Spin back should allow it to be more effective at using it's utility, and we believe it should've kept the move from the get go for the extra utility.

Kazuumarill :gs/azumarill:

Fire / Poison → Fire / Steel
80 / 40 / 70 / 100 / 80 / 50 → 100 / 20 / 70 / 100 / 80 / 50
+ Calm Mind, Flash Cannon, Slack Off, Stealth Rock - All Poison moves
Ultimately, the extra Poison type on this mon didn't amount to much for it and left it outclassed by other, more flexible Fire-types. The Steel typing and more setup options should allow this to run Specs and booster sets much more effectively in order to differentiate itself.

Mud :rb/muk:

Storm Drain → Water Absorb
+ Stealth Rock
Similarly to Eelix, Water Absorb should be a better option and gives it some better longevity, while Stealth Rock gives it another hazard to use.

Roseroast :dp/roserade:

Combustion: 75 BP, 2x multiplier on Leech Seed/nonvolatile status → 95 BP, 1.5x multiplier on Leech Seed/nonvolatile status
+ Earth Power
Combustion was a very underutilized move on Roseroast, as it was too heavily reliant on Status or Leech Seed to deal consistent damage. With 95 BP, Combustion should be much stronger while still remaining true to its main gimmick. Earth Power gives Roseroast some strong coverage which should be helpful on more offensive sets, allowing it to combat Kazuumarill, Iron Threads, and Wither Wing more consistently

Sapras :rb/lapras:

+ Earth Power, Nature’s Madness, Wish
Sapras suffered from passivity issues similarly to many of the other walls here. Nature's Madness and Earth Power should act as very good options at chipping its checks, while Wish gives it the ability to run cleric sets.

Soaperior :bw/serperior:

75 / 65 / 95 / 65 / 95 / 133 → 75 / 70 / 100 / 70 / 100 / 113
Slight attack and bulk boosts should make this a more threatening Water Bubble sweeper and allow it to be a more consistent attacker.

Taranitar :gs/tyranitar:

Tar Shot: Target gets -1 Speed and becomes weaker to Fire → Target gets -1 Speed
Tar Shot was an extremely difficult move to play around and allowed Taranitar to completely shut down would be answers, limiting its counterplay quite a bit. As such, we decided to remove the weakness to Fire it gave.

Urthwyrm :sv/orthworm:

90 / 85 / 115 / 50 / 55 / 85 → 90 / 105 / 85 / 40 / 115 / 45
+ Glare, Recover, Spikes
Urthwyrm's bulk was not very well suited for its role, so we decided to focus on making it a more specially defensive wall here while giving it some more utility and longevity with Glare, Recover, and Spikes.

Bullibot :sv/bellibolt:

109 / 103 / 91 / 64 / 83 / 45 → 109 / 123 / 91 / 44 / 83 / 45
+ Close Combat, Knock Off, Stealth Rock
A higher attack stat should allow Bullibolt to be much more threatening offensively as a slower breaker with Iron Fist. Close Combat also acts as a stronger STAB compared to Drain Punch, while Knock Off allows it to hit Ghosts and Psychics more consistently, and Stealth Rock is an option if you'd like to run that.

Furant :bw/durant:

Normal / Fighting → Dragon / Fighting 58 / 99 / 58 / 78 / 123 / 59 → 68 / 119 / 58 / 48 / 123 / 59
Draining Fur (Dragon | Physical | 90 BP | Contact | 100% Acc | 10 PP | User recovers 50% of the damage dealt) - reworked
+ Drain Punch, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Low Kick - Extreme Speed
Furant now has access to a much stronger defensive typing, allowing it to beat the likes of Wither Wing, Crowhat, Roseroast, and Taranitar as opposed to its mediocre original defensive typing. Draining Fur has also been altered to suit its new Dragon typing, giving it a strong healing STAB.

Fetagross :rs/metagross:

Fairy / Poison —> Fairy
+ Fire Punch, Heat Crash
The extra Poison typing really hurt Fetagross as a lead, as it caused it to lose to many of the Ground-type rockers in the tier. Removing the typing should allow it to more effectively Rock or Defog on these Pokemon, while Heat Crash and Fire Punch are options to hit the Steel types in the tier better.

This will likely not be the last time we visit balance changes here, but we wanted to get these out of the way so we can have a bit more of a suitable meta moving forward.
Also, special shoutout to G-Luke and DuoM2 for joining the council and helping the balance changes! Welcome!
And with that, here comes the next slate!

:smeargle: Slate 9: Clashing Colors :grafaiai:
This slate will have 5 categories, with the first being based on Color listings of Pokemon based on the Pokedex, and the other two being Wugtrio / Toedscruel which will be in their own bonus category (you will be able to make subs for both of them, however) and follow their own set of restrictions which will be listed under their category here so we can make them more suitable for the meta here.
1) Green
Legal Pokemon: Venusaur, Victreebel, Meganium, Xatu, Bellossom, Politoed, Celebi, Sceptile, Dustox, Ludicolo, Breloom, Flygon, Cacturne, Cradily, Kecleon, Torterra, Bronzong, Leafeon, Shaymin, Lilligant, Basculin, Maractus, Simisage, Lilligant, Garbodor, Reuniclus, Golurk, Virizion, Tornadus, Chesnaught, Hawlucha, Zygarde(any form except Complete), Araquanid, Comfey, Dhelmise, Celesteela, Rillaboom, Eldegoss, Drednaw, Flapple, Sandaconda, Copperajah, Dracozolt, Dracovish, Dragapult, Regidrago, Calyrex(only base form), Basculegion, Meowscarada, Spidops, Arboliva, Squawkabilly(any one form allowed here), Scovillain, Rabsca, Cyclizar, Iron Thorns, Roaring Moon
2) Yellow
Legal Pokemon: Beedrill, Raichu, Sandslash, Ninetales, Persian, Rapidash, Hypno, Exeggutor, Jolteon, Zapdos, Moltres, Typhlosion, Ampharos, Sunflora, Shuckle, Raikou, Pelipper, Ninjask, Manectric, Plusle, Minun, Lunatone, Jirachi, Mothim, Vespiquen, Electivire, Uxie, Cresselia, Victini, Leavanny, Cofagrigus, Archeops, Galvantula, Haxorus, Keldeo, Heliolisk, Dedenne, Ribombee, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Zeraora, Boltund, Falinks, Morpeko, Regieleki, Pawmot, Kilowattrel, Espathra, Dudunsparce, Iron Moth, Gholdengo
3) Red
Legal Pokemon: Vileplume, Parasect, Kingler, Electrode, Seaking, Jynx, Flareon, Ariados, Ledian, Scizor, Magcargo, Octillery, Delibird, Blaziken, Medicham, Camerupt, Crawdaunt, Latias, Deoxys(any one form allowed here), Kricketune, Magmortar, Porygon-Z, Rotom, Emboar, Simisear, Scolipede, Krookodile, Darmanitan, Crustle, Scrafty, Accelgor, Druddigon, Braviary, Heatmor, Delphox, Talonflame, Tyrantrum, Incineroar, Oricorio, Lycanroc(any one form allowed here), Turtonator, Tapu Bulu, Buzzwole, Orbeetle, Centiskorch, Skeledirge, Armarouge, Klawf, Iron Bundle, Chi-Yu
Note that this list will not count regional forms.

4/5) Toedscruel/Wugtrio
Restrictions:
- These Pokemon must retain their name
- These Pokemon's BST cannot be altered
- These Pokemon must retain at least one of their orginal typings
(Wugtrio must be part-Water, Toedscruel must be part-Grass, part-Ground, or Ground and Grass)
- Anything not listed as one of these restrictions should be fair game for these two

That should be about it for now, but feel free to let me know if I missed anything or you've got any suggestions going forward.
We will issue out a warning around a week after subs open.
Happy subbing!​

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:sv/zygarde:
Original Pokémon: Zygarde
New Pokémon: Rykarde
Types:

Stats: 108 / 111 / 101 / 110 / 90 / 80 | 600
Abilities: Gluttony / Immunity
Move Changes:
+ Blasphemous Blade | Fire | Physical | 90 BP | 100% Accuracy | 10 PP | Slicing, Contact | User heals 1/8 HP.
+ Rancor Enforcer | Fire | Special | 90 BP | 100% Accuracy | 10 PP | Nullifies the target's ability if the foe moves first.
+ Flare Blitz, Fire Fang, Fire Blast, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Will-o-Wisp, Darkest Lariat, Knock Off, Fiery Wrath, Dark Pulse, Torment, Embargo, Poison Jab, Poison Fang
- all Ground moves besides Earthquake and Bulldoze; all Dragon moves besides Dragon Tail, Extreme Speed
Flavor: rykard from elden ring
Competitive Description: mixed tank with good power and mildly reliable healing.

:sv/gholdengo:
Original Pokémon: Gholdengo
New Pokémon: Goldenglow
Types:

Stats: 87 / 70 / 95 / 88 / 96 / 114 | 550
Abilities: Precise Redirection (Beads of Ruin clone)
Move Changes:
+ Surging Current | Electric | Special | 50 BP | 100% Accuracy | 10 PP | Hits again at the end of the turn, lowering the target's Speed by 1.
+ Wild Charge, Discharge, Volt Switch, Electric Terrain, Charge, Zen Headbutt, Future Sight, Calm Mind, Magic Coat, Magic Room, Psychic Terrain, Trick Room
- all Steel-type moves, all Ghost-type moves besides Shadow Ball, Recover, Nasty Plot
Flavor: goldenglow from arknights
Competitive Description: offensive pivot and special wallbreaker

:sv/deoxys:
Original Pokémon: Deoxys
New Pokémon: Deoxin
Types:

Stats: 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 | 600
Abilities: Poison Touch
Move Changes:
+ Gunk Shot, Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Clear Smog, Toxic Spikes, U-Turn
- all Psychic-type moves besides Trick, Rest, Reflect, and Light Screen
Flavor: virus deoxys
Competitive Description: mew lite. great coverage but bad offensive typing.

:sv/wugtrio:
Pokémon: Wugtrio
Types:

Stats: 45 / 110 / 50 / 50 / 50 / 120 | 425
Abilities: Gooey / Solid Rock / Rock Head
Move Changes:
Triple Dive | Water | Physical | 20 BP | 90% Accuracy | 10 PP | Hits three times. Each hit can miss, but power increases.
+ Flip Turn, Head Smash, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Power Gem, Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Taunt
Competitive Description: idk a beedrill like thing with massive power and 0 bulk. also has a suicide lead set

:sv/toedscruel:
Pokémon: Toedscruel
Types:

Stats: 80 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 120 / 100 | 515
Abilities: Mycelium Might (This Pokemon's targeted status moves go last in their priority bracket and set Leech Seed on the target.)
Move Changes:
+ Poison Jab, Sludge Wave, Parting Shot
Competitive Description: incredible spiker due to seed forcing the opp out. can also heal its teammates a bit using parting shot.

Last edited:

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Green
:sv/flygon:
Original Pokemon: Flygon
New Pokemon: Flydawn
Type: Flying/Fairy
Abilities: Shield Dust/Solar Power
Stats: 80/70/85/115/80/90
Weight: same
Movepool Changes:
+
Quiver Dance, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Hurricane, Shadow Ball
- All Dragon moves, All Ground moves, All Rock moves, Thunder Punch, Flamethrower, Fire Punch, Heat Wave, Fire Blast
Flavour: I haven't thought that far ahead. Motifs of sunrise perhaps.
Role: Offensive Fairy set up sweeper that can also work as a Specs breaker or semi-reliable defogger by virtue of its typing. Other than STABs, coverage is pretty poor (resisted Moonblast does more than neutral Incinerate, do with that knowledge what you will).

Yellow
:sv/cresselia:
Original Pokemon: Cresselia
New Pokemon: Stresselia
Type: Dark
Abilities: Pressure
Stats: 120/95/100/95/100/70
Movepool Changes:
+
Dark Pulse, Parting Shot, Payback, Hyper Voice
- All Psychic moves except Rest, Calm Mind, Lunar Dance and Lunar Blessing; Moonlight
Flavour: clocks
Role: Bulky mon to switch into stuff like Smoninja and Fweezing. Lunar Blessing works like Jungle Healing (heals non-volatile status and 25% HP)

Red
:sv/scolipede:
Original Pokemon: Scolipede
New Pokemon: Amplipede
Type: Electric/Poison
Abilities: Poison Point/Static/Speed Boost
Stats: 60/95/84/65/64/117
Movepool Changes:
+
Volt Whip | Electric | Physical | 40 BP | 100% Accuracy | 10 PP | Hits two times.
+ Wild Charge, Gunk Shot, Barb Barrage, Discharge, Shock Wave
- All Bug Moves, Rock Slide, Baton Pass, Superpower
Flavour: Lightning horns?
Role: Speed boosting cleaner. Struggles against Grounds and Appletun. Needs an SD to start breaking, but may struggle to find the opportunity to set up. Works best as a late game cleaner with hazard support.

Pokemon: Wugtrio
Type: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Gooey/Technician/Aftermath
Stats: 35/115/50/50/50/125
Movepool Changes:
+
Icicle Spear, Flip Turn, Swords Dance, Dual Chop, Outrage, Dragon Pulse
- nothing
Role: Fast revenge killer with Technician boost. Now Wugtrio has better coverage that also gets boosted by Technician, while also being the third fastest mon. It could Swords Dance to try and break through bulky Waters, but being frail gives it few set up opportunities.

Pokemon: Toedscruel
Type: Ground/Grass
Abilities: Mold Breaker
Stats: 100/60/85/90/115/65
Movepool Changes:
+
Strength Sap
- nothing
Role: Bulky hazard remover/setter with semi-reliable recovery. Can still Spore to be annoying.

Last edited:
:sv/Scovillain:
Original Pokemon: Scovillain
New Pokemon: Masvillain
Type: Ghost / Steel
Ability: Cursed Body / Magic Bounce / Shadow Shield (HA)
Stats: 55 / 45 / 108 / 115 / 108 / 55 | 486
Weight: 22 kg
Movepool Changes:
+ Shadow Ball, Hex, Steel Beam, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Curse, Destiny Bound, Iron Defense, Spikes, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind
- All Grass-type moves, Fire Fang, Crunch, Sunny Day, Overheat, Rage Powder, Growth
Flavor: Scary ghost man that's wearing spooky black torn clothes instead of fake plant ones. The pepper heads are replaced with scary masks vagely resembling the shape of Scovillain's heads. One is black, the other is purple. The necks are removed, with the masks floating above Masvillain.
Competitive Role: With a fantastic defensive typing, two great abilites in Magic Bounce and Shadow Shield, a good support movepool with options such as Will-O-Wisp and Spikes, and decent bulk, Scovillain is a decent support Pokemon and defensive presence. It can check many prominent attackers such as Judowoodo, Starizard, and Furant. With Magic Bounce, it can stop hazard setters while setting up its own with Spikes. However, its bulk is nothing to right home about without Shadow Shield, and has weaknesses to very common types. It also lacks reliable recovery.

:sv/Moltres:
Original Pokemon: Moltres
New Pokemon: Mortres
Type: Poison / Flying
Ability: Merciless
Stats: 90 / 80 / 100 / 105 / 105 / 100 | 580
Weight: 64 kg
Movepool Changes:
+ Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Toxic Spikes, Corrosive Gas, Nasty Plot, Taunt
- All Fire-type moves, Solar Beam
Flavor: It's covered in toxic sludge instead of flames! It looks more draconic now and less bird-like with sharper wyvern-like wings and a sharp jaw instead of a beak. It also has stronger and sharper claws.
Competitive Role: Well-balanced stats and a solid typing let it serve a variety of roles, defensively or offensively. With its Poison typing, Merciless, and access to both Toxic and Toxic Spikes, Mortres is a reliable and useful poison spreader. It can also do a surprise sweep with a combination of Toxic Spikes and Nasty Plot, letting it do incredible damage on top of great coverage in Earth Power. However, its also weak to many annoying types, including Stealth Rock, which hurts it as a potential Defogger. Its also not particuarly strong without boosts.

:sv/Kingler:
Original Pokemon: Kingler
New Pokemon: Stingler
Type: Bug / Normal
Abilites: Poison Touch / Battle Armor / Sniper (HA)
Stats: 65 / 120 / 105 / 50 / 60 / 75 | 475
Weight: 54 kg
Movepool Changes:
+ Leech Life, Fell Stinger, Extreme Speed, Close Combat, Poison Jab
- All Water-type moves
Flavor: It's now a scorpian except facing sideways like a crab. Its white and yellow in color and has a large stinger tail.
Competitive Role: With STAB Extreme Speed, Stingler is a powerful revenge killer and late-game cleaner. With a single Swords Dance, anything that doesn't resist Swords Dance can get wrecked, and it has Close Combat and Knock Off to counter any Rock, Steel, or Ghosts. However, its typing is awful offensively and defensively, meaning it often won't even use its Bug STAB while also having several common weaknesses. Its also slow and frail, which limits opprotunities to sweep teams that aren't vulnerable to Extreme Speed, and makes it hard to set-up.

:sv/Toedscruel:
Pokemon: Toedscruel
Type: Ground / Grass
Ability: Mycellium Might: Status moves will always hit the target, but will half the user's speed when inflicing a status condition.
Stats: 80 / 50 / 85 / 80 / 120 / 100 | 515
Weight: Same
Movepool Changes:
+ Synthesis
Competitive Role: With better physical bulk, slight changes to its signature ability, and reliable recovery, Toedscruel can now actually serve as a solid support Pokemon. Instead of its ability being a detriment, it merely balances a fast Spore while still being useful elsewhere. However, its typing still isn't particuarly good defensively, with weaknesses to Fire, Flying, and especially Ice while only having two resistances and an immunity. Its low SpA stat means its quite passive outside of crippling Pokemon with status and/or Knock Off. Lastly, even with the boost to its physical bulk, its still only average at best, meaning strong physical attackers can easily take it out.

:sv/Wugtrio:
Pokemon: Wugtrio
Type: Water / Rock
Ability: Gooey / Rattled / Skill Link (HA)
Stats: 45 / 110 / 50 / 30 / 70 / 120 | 425
Weight: Same
Movepool Changes:
+ Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance
Competitive Role: With Skill Link Triple Dive and Rock Blast alongside other coverage moves such as Icicle Spear and Bullet Seed, Wugtrio is incredibly strong, especially after a Swords Dance. It’s also very fast, with only Smoninja and Glimmaurora currently outspeeding it. However, even with 10 extra HP, it’s still a Glass Cannon. Its extreme fraility makes it hard to set-up, while also making it very vulnerable to priority. It also has a lot of weaknesses, including a 4x one to Grass. If it doesn't KO the target, it’s KOing it.

Now works as a Triple Axel clone, but always hits three times under Skill Link, only checking accuracy once. Essentially a 120 BP, 90% Accuracy move with Skill Link.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Before any subs drop, I'll like to briefly give a rundown on how I expect the metagame to shift with these new changes.

:ss/iron-treads::ss/Appletun::ss/Aerodactyl::ss/Muk::ss/Metagross:
The Hazard Game

Hazard setting on a whole has gotten much bigger buffs this time around, with SIX new Stealth Rock setters, and every previous user of the move getting a buff to boot. Spikes has also gotten new distribution, albeit a bit smaller in comparison. This in addition to the smaller but noticable buffs to Rapid Spinners and defoggers alike makes the hazard game feel much more natural, since you do not have to go out of your way to run dedicated hazard removal that do little else on your team, or force hazards unto Pokemon that really don't want it, making them alot more awkward to use. Good defensive mons that you would already require on teams to check big threats also being able to double as necessary forms of hazard control only promotes better teambuilding and metagame health, so I expect the meta to flourish.

:ss/Arcanine::ss/Bellibolt::ss/weezing::ss/roserade:
Heavy Hitters

A lot of strong wallbreakers have also been propped up this time around, with Bullibot and Fweezing being the major standouts. Being a Fire type is indeed is a challenge with the amount of immunities that have been propping up. I expect most of them to either adapt or require new peculiar coverage options to keep up with their contemporaries. Fweezing ofc now has a lot of innate defensive utility being a spinblocker and a Fire / Fighting switch in. Bullibot is now one of the more powerful wallbreakers in the tier, while it heavily competes with Judowoodo, Belly Drum, a Steel typing and it's defensive prowess help it stand out. Arcamine lowsves the slight bump in speed, but really appreciates the boost in power which will make it's dual STAB even trickier to switch into. Roseroast is probably the least noteworthy option due to how easy it is to challenge Fires, but Rose has good options like Sleep Powder and Grass STAB to hit naysayers.

A lot more Pokemon got major upgrades and alot of existing top threats remain the same, but I think the aforementioned threats shown above are the ones most likely to heavily impact how the current metagame is played out, so I will look forward to seeing that play out.

Edit: I have to step out when I started this and THREE subs already beat my ass gaddamn

Last edited:
:sv/scovillain:
Original Pokémon: Scovillain
New Pokémon: Snovillain
Type:

Abilities: Ice Body / Pressure / Inner Focus
Stats: 60 / 118 / 60 / 60 / 60 / 128 (486 BST)
Weight: same as Scovillain
Movepool Changes:
+ Avalanche, Chilly Reception, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Ice Spinner, Icicle Crash, Icicle Spear, Icy Wind, Fling, Foul Play, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance
- all Grass and Fire moves
Flavor/Explanation: Chilly peppers

:sv/jirachi:
Original Pokémon: Jirachi
New Pokémon: Hibachi
Type:

Abilities: Gluttony
Stats: 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 (600 BST)
Weight: same as Jirachi
Movepool Changes:
+ Egg Bomb, Stockpile, Spit Up, Swallow, Belch, Smart Strike, Bitter Blade, Fiery Dance, Fire Lash, Fire Spin, Flame Burst, Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, Heat Crash, Heat Wave, Incinerate, Inferno, Searing Shot, Will-O-Wisp
- all Psychic moves except Dream Eater, Light Screen, Reflect, and Rest
Flavor/Explanation: Chef Jirachi

:sv/iron-bundle:
Original Pokémon: Iron Bundle
New Pokémon: Iron Fiddler
Type:

Abilities: Soundproof
Stats: 56 / 80 / 114 / 124 / 60 / 136 (570 BST)
Weight: same as Iron Bundle
Movepool Changes:
+ Boomburst, Bug Buzz, Metal Sound, Noble Roar, Overdrive, Perish Song, Roar, Round, Screech, Sparkling Aria, Uproar, Flash Cannon
- all Ice and Water moves
Flavor/Explanation: Iron Bundle with a violin instead of a bundle

Last edited:
:gs/ampharos:
RESUB
Yellow
Original Pokemon: Ampharos
New Pokemon: Ampharcane
Type: Fire/Psychic
Abilities: Flash Fire, Magician, Sharpness(HA)
Stats: 95/115/80/40/105/75 (BST 510)
Weight: 58.2 kg
Movepool Changes: +Bitter Blade, Psycho Cut, Flare Blitz, Swords Dance, Play Rough, Zen Headbutt, Trick, X-Scissor, Sacred Sword, Flame Charge, Will-O-Wisp, Barrier
-All Electric Moves

Height: 1.1 m
Flavor / Explanation: Ampharos resembling an archmage and possessing a magical blade on it's tail. Evolves from Flaamage and Maregic.
Competitive Role: Strong wallbreaker with a unique defensive profile and solid overall bulk giving it many chances to come in and wreak havoc with it’s great STABs and Sharpness-boosted kit.

:swsh/buzzwole:
Red
Original Pokemon: Buzzwole
New Pokemon: Breezwole
Type: Dark/Flying
Abilities: Pressure, Unnerve, Early Bird(HA)
Stats: 93/115/115/79/84/84 (BST 570)
Weight: 0.2 kg
Movepool Changes: +Brave Bird, Knock Off, Foul Play, Defog, U-Turn, Switcheroo, Iron Head, Sky Uppercut, Zen Headbutt, Fire Punch, Sucker Punch
-All Rock Moves, all Fighting moves except Superpower, Bulk Up and Counter, all Ground moves.

Height: 0.2 m
Flavor / Explanation: Buff ass hummingbird. Black body color and red eyes.
Competitive Role: Well-rounded tank with a lot of utility to its name. Walls Crowhat and checks Starizard and Roserade whilst also having a strong dual stab for the metagame. Provides hazard control and pivoting.

:bw/flygon:
Green
Original Pokemon: Flygon
New Pokemon: Drygon
Type: Rock/Fighting
Abilities: Levitate, Sturdy, Sand Spit(HA)
Stats: 90/43/90/115/80/102 (BST 520)
Weight: 208.2 kg
Movepool Changes: +Secret Sword, Power Gem, Aura Sphere, Bug Buzz, Focus Blast, Paleo Wave(CAP move), Stealth Rock, Taunt, Switcheroo, Rock Polish, Calm Mind, Vacuum Wave, Sandsear Storm, Hurricane, Bleakwind Storm
-All Dragon Moves, all Fire moves excluding Heat Wave, Giga Drain

Height: 2.1 m
Flavor / Explanation: A more craggy Flygon with sharp blades on its tail, and tough fists. Evolves from Trapunch and Vibrave.
Competitive Role: Offensive Pivot and Hazard setter. Two very threatening stabs alongside strong utility options in Defog and Stealth Rock makes this quite versatile in it’s approach. Has trouble with generally bulky special walls like Eelix and Mud.

Toedscruel EP.gif

Original Pokemon: Toedscruel
Type: Ground/Normal
Abilities: Scrappy, Heatproof, Natural Cure(HA)
Stats: 100/120/85/43/70/97 (BST 515)
Weight: no change
Movepool Changes: +Double Edge, Facade, Earthquake, Body Slam, Switcheroo, Rock Slide, Poison Jab, Bulk Up, Zen Headbutt, Play Rough, Spirit Break, Stone Edge, Iron Head
-All Grass-type Status and Special moves, Poison Powder

Height: no change
Flavor / Explanation: It’s Toedscruel.
Competitive Role: Versatile Wallbreaker with some neat utility. Has decent to good stats across the board, giving it ample chances to switch-in, outspeed something, and do significant damage. Walled by Appleton and Aurodactyl, but can Knock Off on them to cripple them and continue making progress.

Wugtrio EP.gif

Original Pokemon: Wugtrio
Type: Poison/Water
Ability: Pure Power
Stats: 73/50/73/42/73/114(BST 425)
Weight: no change
Movepool Changes: + Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Flip Turn, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Knock Off, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Dive, Toxic, Toxic Spikes
* Triple Dive: Base Power 30 → 33, Accuracy 95 → 100, Hits 3 times. Each hit has a 10% chance to lower speed.

Height: no change
Flavor / Explanation: It’s Wugtrio.
Competitive Role: Fast, strong pivot. Pretty simple, struggles with fats like Mud and Appleton but can at least knock them off or poison them.

Last edited:

Giyu

Love is the most twisted curse of them all
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Green
:ss/Drednaw:
Original Pokemon: Drednaw
New Pokemon: Dreadclaw
Type:
1680051128683.png
1680051142143.png

Abilities:
Limber / Hustle | Tough Claws
Stats: 85 HP / 100 Atk / 80 Def / 45 SpA / 75 SpD / 100 Spe | BST: 485
Weight: 115.5 kg (254.6 lbs)
Movepool Changes:
+ Outrage
+ Dragon Rush
+ Dragon Pulse
+ Dark Pulse
+ Dragon Claw
+ Sucker Punch
+ Snarl
+ Twister
+ Snatch
+ Taunt
+ Torment
- Head Smash
- Liquidation
- Waterfall
- Razor Shell
- Rock Polish
- Shell Smash
Height: 1.0 m (3'03")
Flavor / Explanation:
Dreadnaw is seen burrowing in mountainous regions, creating a network of tunnels for hunting. It only appears above ground at midnight to prey on local Rattata and pretty much anything it can get it's claws on. Dreadnaw has distinct, pitch black claws that it uses for burrowing and hunting. Dreadnaw has a long horn on it's head that it uses to aid in digging and spikes that appear across it's spine all the way down to the tail.
Competitive Role:
Dreadnaw is a potent wallbreaker and setup sweeper, which takes advantage of powerful STAB options like Crunch and Glaive Rush as well as a dangerous Hidden Ability in Tough Claws. Not much else to say about it, it has pretty nice move synergy with Swords Dance and Scale Shot. Additionally, it has access to utility like Stealth Rock, Taunt, and Dragon Tail but may seem suboptimal compared to it's more offensive movesets.
Dreadclaw @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake / Poison Jab
Dreadclaw @ Life Orb / Loaded Dice
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw / Scale Shot
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch / Earthquake / Poison Jab
- Swords Dance

:sv/rabsca:
New Pokémon: Nabscar (evolves from Roador)
Type: Steel / Dark
Abilities: White Smoke / Screen Cleaner (Hidden)
Stats: 75 / 115 / 100 / 50 / 85 / 45 (470 BST)
Weight/Height: 1.5 m / 350.0 kg
Movepool Changes: + Wicked Torque (100 BP, 30% chance to lower Defense), Blazing Torque (100 BP), Noxious Torque, Magical Torque (10% chance to confuse), Combat Torque, Shift Gear, Spin Out, Iron Head, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam, High Horsepower, Dark Pulse, Double-Edge, Wild Charge, Foul Play, U-turn
- Psychic moves except Rest, Recover, Revival Blessing, Power Gem, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam

Flavor: Car. Carries a big tire or something
Competitive: Steel / Dark is a pretty good typing in this meta, Shift Gear is great and makes up for 45 Speed, Electric immunity from Motor Drive is useful, and the Torque moves are fun coverage (and modified appropriately). Wicked Torque is an extremely reliable and spammable Dark STAB.

:sv/scolipede:
New Pokémon: Skelepede (evolves from Vengipede and Wailipede)
Type: Ghost / Bug
Abilities: Rattled / Cursed Body / Regenerator (Hidden)
Stats: 60 / 55 / 89 / 100 / 69 / 112 (485 BST)
Weight/Height: 2.5 m / 120.0 kg
Movepool Changes: + Shadow Ball, Shadow Bone, Shadow Sneak, Bug Buzz, Earth Power, Fillet Away, Destiny Bond, Will-O-Wisp, Bone Rush
- Poison Jab, Baton Pass, Venom Drench

Flavor: Skeleton centipede. An exoskeleton one might even say.
Competitive: Fillet Away Regenerator! On something with a meh offensive typing and longevity issues anyways thanks to the Rocks weakness. Still, fairly fast for the meta (one point under Soaperior), able to set Spikes and Toxic Spikes like regular Scolipede, and also I thiiink somehow all our Ghosts atm are physical? So here's a special one. Fillet Away's Japanese name is Cut to the Bone, so that's the flavour justification.

:sv/cofagrigus:
New Pokémon: Coffeegrigus (evolves from Javask)
Type: Normal
Abilities: Insomnia / Lingering Aroma (At the end of the Pokémon's first turn in battle and on contact, replaces the opponent's Ability with Lingering Aroma) (Hidden)
Stats: 78 / 50 / 145 / 75 / 105 / 30 (483 BST)
Weight/Height: 1.7 m / 76.5 kg
Movepool Changes: + Uproar, Hyper Voice, Milk Drink, Leech Seed, Seed Bomb, Worry Seed, Overheat, Scald, Heal Bell, Knock Off, Teatime
- Ghost moves except Hex, Toxic Spikes

Flavor: It's a big coffee machine or something? Think Polteageist but more caffeine.
Competitive: Ghost switch-in with a lot of utility between Leech Seed, Scald, Will-O-Wisp, Heal Bell, Knock Off, reliable recovery in Milk Drink, and Ability denial with the new Lingering Aroma, which has some particular benefits such as letting it burn the revamped Fweezing, forcing out Glimmaurora, and discouraging Judowoodo and Soaperior. Solid fat Normal.

New Pokémon: Wugtrio
Type: Water / Poison
Abilities: Gooey / Long Reach / Poison Touch (Hidden)
Stats: 35 / 120 / 50 / 25 / 70 / 125 (425 BST)
Weight/Height: Same
Movepool Changes: + Triple Dive (Water-type Triple Axel clone), Triple Axel, Coil, Power Whip, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Knock Off, Stealth Rock

Competitive: Remember Weavile? Here's Wugvile. Poison Touch Triple Dive / Axel goes hard, Poison Touch Knock also goes hard, Long Reach is another option if you want to avoid Helmets and Flame Body and whatever, no Swords Dance but you have Coil to make the Triples more reliable, and Power Whip / Gunk Shot nail certain switch-ins.

New Pokémon: Toedscruel
Type: Ground / Grass
Abilities: Mycelium Might (User's powder moves move last in their priority bracket but bypass Abilities, Grass-typing, and protection moves)
Stats: 80 / 60 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 100 (515 BST)
Weight/Height: Same
Movepool Changes: + Strength Sap

Competitive: All Toedscruel really needs is for Mycelium Might to be less bad, now only affecting its raison d'etre in Spore, and some recovery with Sap.
(edit: replaced Dark on Wugtrio with Poison, removed WBB from Coffeegrigus and buffed Lingering Aroma instead because of all the Fire immunities; may also revamp Skelepede because I forgot about Smoninja)
(edit 2: replaced Motor Drive with Screen Cleaner on Nabscar to differentiate it a bit more from Bullibot; removed the new effect from Rattled on Skelepede and gave it Wisp; moved 10 points of Attack to SpAtk on Toedscruel to make it a bit less passive)

Last edited:
Green
1680759713974.png

Original Pokemon: Lilligant
New Pokemon: Milligant
Type:
1680759841667.png
/
1680760027112.png

Stats:

HP: 95
Attack: 115
Defense: 60
Sp. Attack: 50
Sp. Defense: 60
Speed: 110
Ability:
Defiant
Padded Feet (Ignores entry hazards)
Hidden Ability:
Unburden
Moveset Changes:
STAB:
+Knock Off +Sucker Punch +Fling +Night Slash +Thought Chop +Heavy Slam +Iron Head +Bullet Punch +Metal Claw
Coverage: +Take Down +Explosion +Wild Charge +First Impression +Submission +Fire Punch +Stone Edge +U-Turn +Rapid Spin +Acrobatics +Arial Ace
Status: +Spikes +Sticky Web +Bulk Up +Parting Shot +Recover +Iron Defense +Meditate +Victory Dance +Trick +Odor Slueth +Camoflauge
Loses: -All Grass Moves
(Notes, uses Unovan Lilligant's moveset as reference)

Flavor: Lilligant joined the marines, camo attires and military training are abound as she puts on her best soldier's gear and her flower is a bob.
Role: Milligant offers many options, like all good soldiers it's adaptable meaning it can be a good offensive threat. On the defensive side while it's 4x Fighting weakness is crippling, it offers several unqiue defensive traits, being immune to being warn down by spikes or rocks is amazing, combined with a sandstorm and Prankster immunity and you have a Pokemon hard to kill with passive damage. This synergizes with several great support options in Spikes and Webs, Recover for longevity, and Trick for item shanigans. Offensively it's excellent typing allows it to hit a lot of mons for neutral damage and it's excellent coverage gives it many options. Looks like all that training paid off for Lilligant.

Yellow
1680058605621.png

Original Pokemon: Kilowattrel
New Pokemon: Mirrowattrel
Type:
1680061386242.png
/
1680058656369.png

Ability:
Clear Body
Mirror Armor
Hidden Ability
Mirror Guard (Rough Skin but for Special Attacks)
Stats:
HP: 85
Attack: 30
Defense: 65
Sp. Attack: 110
Sp. Defense: 80
Speed: 120
Moveset Changes:
STAB
: +Power Gem +Ancient Power +Meteor Beam +Mirror Beam
Coverage: +Body Press +Twin Beam +Flash Cannon +Steel Beam +Dazzling Gleam +Ice Beam +Signal Beam +Solar Beam +Aura Sphrere +Mirror Shot
Status: +Rock Polish +Taunt +Sunny Day +Iron Defense +Bulk Up +Stealth Rock +Spikes +Miracle Eye +Magic Coat +Reflect +Mirror Coat +Reflect Type
Loses: -All Electric Moves -Agility
Mirror Beam/Rock/Special/80 BP/20 PP/100%/This move has -1 priority but always results in a critical hit.
Flavor: Kilowattrel's feathers became a nice mirror-like sheen with some crystals here and there for wings.
Role: Mirrowattrel brings a unique niche to this tier. It's a rare special attacking Rock-type whose unqiue access to an always crit Mirror Beam gives it a high risk and high reward playstyle. It's signature ability also let's it tank some select special attacks, allowing it to have a decent defensive profile despite a poor typing. This combined with excellent coverage and great hazard support lets it cover a variety of roles.

Red
1680758546220.png

Original Pokemon: Emboar
New Pokemon: EMPoar
Type:
1680758612715.png
/
1680758626188.png

Ability:

Electric Surge
Hidden Ability
Static
States:
HP: 110
Attack: 80
Defense: 70
Sp. Attack: 123
Sp. Defense: 70
Speed: 75
Moveset Changes:
STAB:
+Emp +Thunderbolt +Overdrive +Thunder +Vacuum Wave +Focus Blast +Volt Switch
Coverage: +Boomburst +Hyper Voice +Psychic +Signal Beam +Solar Beam +Twin Beam +Power Gem +Flash Cannon +Steel Beam
Status: +Electric Terrain +Rain Dance +Sunny Day +Spikes +Calm Mind +Magnet Rise +Electrify +Thunder Wave +Confuse Ray +Mean Look
Loses: -All Fire Moves -All Fighting-type Status Moves
EMP/Electric/Special/40 BP/10 PP/100%/+3 priority, guaranteed flinch, only works on first turn.
Flavor: A neon blue Emboar covered in machinery and other strange devices, has dj equipment strapped to it's body.
Role: Filling the need to a reliable electric terrain setter, EMPboar stands out with a powerful STAB combo with the moves to back it up. It's a very high risk but high reward Pokemon, it's most powerful options have some sort of downside, but if it hits hard it hits HARD. It also has some valuable support options with spikes and volt switch adding some depth to it's kit. It's main weakness is to sacrifice either speed or bulk if you don't want to use priority moves. But otherwise, EMPoar offers a straightforward but effective attacker.

1680814394713.png

Wugtrio
Type:
1680814383895.png
/
1680814368789.png

Ability:

Poison Touch
Wonder Skin
Hidden Ability:
Corrosion
Stats:
HP:
Attack: 120
Defense: 45
Sp. Attack: 45
Sp. Defense: 45
Speed: 125
Movepool Changes
STAB:
+Poison Jab +Gunk Shot +Mortal Spin +Flip Turn +Scald
Coverage: +Shadow Claw +Night Slash +Knock Off +Lunge +Accelerock +Stone Edge +Rock Throw +Rock Smash +Submission
Status: +Sticky Web +Stealth Rock +Toxic Spikes +Toxic +Destiny Bond +Confuse Ray +Rock Polish
Loses: -Triple Dive
Role: I want to keep a similar stat structure to Wugtrio while also making it more effective. It's frailer, yes, but it was already as durable as wet tissues, so it's not like you're losing any of your defenses. Rather, I instead diverted those speed into speed and attack. Now it can become a more effective HO lead by being able to hit fast and hit harder. It's secondary Poison-typing lets it hit the grass-types used to counter water-moves as well as be effective against Fairy-types. It also has a great ability in Poison Touch which allows it to reliably spread poison. Its movepool also has support options despite it's paper thing bulk, Knock Off is always great, Destiny Bond let's it take down at least one bad matchup, and the many hazards it can learn can bring it's own shares of annoyances.

1680812519782.png

Toedscruel
Type :
1680812772904.png
/
1680812764643.png

Ability:
Mycelium Might (Turns all Normal-type moves in Bug-type moves, also powers them up by 0.2x)
Stats:
HP:
Attack: 100
Defense: 75
Sp. Attack: 40
Sp. Defense: 120
Speed: 100
Moveset Changes:
STAB: +
Mite Might +Leech Life +Lunge +X-Scissor +Infestation +Earthquake
Coverage: +Body Slam +Rapid Spin +Façade +Explosion +Head Butt +Head Charge +Vine Whip +Arm Thrust +Icicle Spear +Rock Tomb +Shadow Claw
Status: +Sleep Powder +Ingrain +Confuse Ray +Destiny Bond +Sticky Web +Toxic Spikes +Powder +Glare +Toxic
Loses: All Grass-moves excepts Seed Bomb, Growth, and Leech Seed
Mite Might/Bug/Physical/70 BP/20 PP/100%/A Bug-type attack that hits Flying-types for super-effective damage.
Role: Toedscruel is quite the bizarre Pokemon, it can covert Normal-moves into one of the few types that Ghost resists, it is a rare specially defensive physical attacker, it's a non-Poison type with Toxic and Toxic Spikes and it's typing has many weaknesses to go along with it's strengths. But despite these odder quirks, I think it can make a name for itself, for a bulky attacker it's quite fast and has a lot of support options. Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Glare and Sticky Web let it spread a lot of different status effects and the ability to use Rapid Spin whenever it wants lets it become a great hazard cleaner. Finally despite its only decent attack, access to great coverage let's hit hit hard under the right circumstances.

Attachments

Last edited:
Eldegold.png

New! because funny!
Original Pokemon: Eldegoss
New Pokemon: Eldegold
Type:

Abilities: Good as Gold | Regenerator (HA)
Stats: 90 / 70 / 80 / 110 / 80 / 30 [BST: 460]
Weight: 30 kg
Movepool Changes: You know Gholdengo? Exactly that! + Attract, Charm, Crafty Shield, Decorate, Fleur Cannon, Moonblast, Moonlight, Play Rough, Teleport, Trick Room, Wish

Height: 0.5 m
Flavor / Explanation: Evolved from Goldifleur. "Hello, I am Gholdengo's grandma, who is this?"
Competitive Role: Either do Gholdengo things or Wishport. Personally, I think Wishport is better.
Vinetales.png

Resub because it reigned chaos when there was no tiebreaking rule.
Original Pokemon: Ninetales
New Pokemon: Vinetales
Type:

Abilities: Poison Point | Grassy Surge (HA)
Stats: 73 / 106 / 90 / 69 / 87 / 80 [BST: 505]
Weight: 19.9 kg
Movepool Changes: Based on Alolan Ninetales.
+ Absorb, Acid, Acid Spray, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Grassy Glide, Grassy Terrain, Growth, Gunk Shot, Mega Drain, Play Rough, Poison Jab, Power Whip, Seed Bomb, Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Solar Blade, Strength Sap, Sunny Day, Swords Dance, Trailblaze
- Agility, Aurora Beam, Aurora Veil, Avalanche, Blizzard, Calm Mind, Dream Eater, Freeze-Dry, Frost Breath, Hail, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icy Wind, Mist, Powder Snow, Sheer Cold, Stored Power, Wonder Room, Zen Headbutt
Height: 1.1 m
Flavor / Explanation: Evolved from Vinepix. Poisoned Berry Pokemon. When first discovered, Vinetales approached the group of researchers calmly. It whipped its tail, scattered berries around before ran away. Some researchers picked those berries up and ate them. Later that night, they suffocated to their inevitable death.
Competitive Role: First resub of the year! Yeah, it's great!
2247.png

New! because I have a funny and evil idea for this.
Original Pokemon: Chi-Yu
New Pokemon: Chi-47
Type:

Abilities: Mercury Curse
When this Pokemon is about to faint, it survives with 1 HP, then uses Curse.
Stats: 200 / 80 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 90 [BST: 570]
Weight: 44.9 kg
Movepool Changes: + Aqua Jet, Aqua Ring, Aqua Tail, Brine, Dive, Doom Desire, Flash Cannon, Flip Turn, Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, Liquidation, Magnet Rise, Magnetic Flux, Rain Dance, Scald, Smart Strike, Solar Beam, Steel Beam, Strength Sap, Surf, Toxic, Waterfall, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Water Spout, Whirlpool, Zap Cannon
- Bounce, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Hex, Memento, Nasty Plot, Payback, Protect, Psychic, Snarl, Taunt, Tera Blast
Height: 0.5 m
Flavor / Explanation: Destructive Pokemon. Chi-47 was named after the year it showed up, caused destructions, destroyed many and many cities. Its body is a plain mercury, but formed and stabilized by the modified jade beads that used to be Chi-Yu's.
Competitive Role: Chi-47 is designed after Cursola who is slow, but hits hard. With Regigigas who starts of with disadvantage in the mix. Chi-47 fixed the problems of those two being Cursola's physical frailty and Regigigas's Slow Start being a purely negative ability. Despite all of these, Chi-47 does have a weakness of its own, being the fact that it can't break through Water-type (unless some niche moves were ran) and it fixed Cursola's frailty, not slowness, hence being slow is still gonna be a problem. Regidrago now!

:SV/Toedscruel::SV/Wugtrio:
Type:

Mycelium Might Changes: This Pokemon's Status moves go last in their priority bracket, but ignore Abilities and don't consume PP.
Stats: 105 / 100 / 110 / 40 / 120 / 40 [BST: 515]
Movepool Changes: + Accelerock, Ancient Power, Encore, High Jump Kick, Power Gem, Recover, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Swords Dance
Competitive Role: This Pokemon as a staller is gonna be so annoying.
Type:

Abilities: Triple Threats
This Pokemon's attacks hit 3 times, but each time only have 0.4x power. Priority attacks immunity.
Stats: 30 / 95 / 45 / 90 / 45 / 120 [BST: 425]
Movepool Changes: + Flip Turn, Poltergeist, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Sticky Web
Competitive Role: M-Kangaskhan + Actual offensive typing, + Item slot, + Speed, but - Bulks, a lot of it actually.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)