Programming Pokepad 2.0: A Collaborative Teambuilder

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pokepad (2.0)
A Collaborative Teambuilder
Tldr version at the bottom

download.png

Introduction
About two years ago, TheFenderStory and I published the first version of a collaborative teambuilder. Though I heard from plenty of people who enjoyed using it to teambuild with friends, the project had significant issues including slow loading times, a not-amazing user interface, and a really complicated codebase that made fixing even simple issues difficult. But no more! Pokepad has been redesigned from the ground up, with a better UI, much faster loading times, and exciting new features. We hope you enjoy the finished product! Also, credit goes to Lemonade since the original was based on their project.

How It Works
Pokepad is designed to be easy to use. When you navigate to the homepage, just click the button that says "Make a New Pad". From there, you can invite anyone else to the pad by linking them. You can import custom sets from Pokemon Showdown, automatically choose Smogon sets, or build your own sets from scratch. And, of course, Pokepad is collaborative - you can see the changes other people make, chat in the sidebar, and even use some Twitch emotes. Pokepads are private as well - no one can access your pad unless you give them the link. We hope this proves useful to everyone from premier league teams to casual builders to YouTube teambuilders.

How You Can Help
Try it! Tell us how it works! We have new features planned, such as damage calc integration and a view-only mode (so experienced builders could invite groups to watch them build), but if you have suggestions or bug reports we would love to hear them. The GitHub is linked in the project as well, and if you are of a technical disposition, we would welcome your contributions there. We want to make this project as useful as possible to the community.

Summary
Pokepad is a website where you can build teams with other people. Report bugs in this thread. The website is:
https://poke-pad.herokuapp.com/

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Could there be a feature implemented where you can change the generation of the team? It seems irritating to build in older generations with all the suggested sets to choose from being SM sets
This shouldn't be too difficult, actually. Give me a couple days to modify the UI in a nice way and I'll let you know. Right now the code technically can use any set on the damage calculator, so it's just a matter of toggling between generations.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
Double posting to announce that this has been done and will be live as of next Pokepad restart (soon!)
All the generation change currently does is allow you to use past-gen smogdex sets back through DPP. Ideally we will make past-gen support better at some point (with base-stat changes or move compatibility supported better), but this should be a workable old-gen fix for now. I will add ADV sets in the next day or two, but I don't think we will support back to GSC or RBY because DVs get annoying to implement. If there's enough demand, I might reconsider.

Hope everyone is enjoying pad so far!

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
this looks really cool! it'd be nice if there were an option to build more than one team in the same group chat (eg, build multiple versions of a team with the same core and finished in different ways to compare)

i'd also recommend splitting the chat log from the edit history, as the chat gets kind of flooded and unusable for communication in its current form.

the app has a ton of potential, can't wait to see how it comes together

oh and don't worry about rby and gsc for short term, make it as good as possible for gen 7

Hello !

I'm a big fan of this app but I tried it for the first time with an lc build and it didn't work well with the EV pickers which aren't as intuitive as those in the ps teambuilder. I'm pretty sure an LC player like you will know what I mean ;)

I hope this can be improved in future updates !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)