Pokemon usages analysis: Which Pokemon were used by the top players in June?

I'm confused about what these stats mean, and how they can be applied.

Let's say Colin took the usage information from only the top 50 Shoddy battlers (assume those are the "expert" players). That would differ from the "expert" usage list, correct? The way this list was calculated, it only shows what blank faction of players used where the other factions didn't. That would mean that while Celebi is on the top of your "expert" list, Garchomp could actually be the most commonly used Pokemon within the expert players.

That would mean that while Celebi is on the top of your "expert" list, Garchomp could actually be the most commonly used Pokemon within the expert players.
It's not raw usage, but the average rating of whoever used it. This imo is better for seeing which Pokes are more useful/successful than weighted usage alone.

Basically, it's a list of Pokemon that "expert" players tend to gravitate towards but newbies don't. Garchomp is used by experts and newbies alike so it's not as high up as normal usage rankings.

Yeah, so then I'd be correct. So I don't think this can be used as a usage list, it's just sort of a notice to new/average players, "use these Pokemon a bit more". Or something.

Funny, half my old team was Celebi/Zapdos/Heatran.

Maybe I had a good idea.

Definitely wasn't expecting Mesprit. Maybe I should look into that. >_>

Whilst Venomoth's begins ...

I'm deeply disturbed that five of my current laddering team are on the expert player list ... I'm becoming dull.
I only have 3 on the expert list and the other 3 are in the normal :D One of the 3 on the expert list is mamoswine, which used to be considered UU. :P

Whilst Venomoth's begins ...

I'm deeply disturbed that five of my current laddering team are on the expert player list ... I'm becoming dull.
Your usage of them has probably propelled said pokemon to expert status. I'll assume personal responsibilty for the appearance of Gastrodon on this list :)

I know of someone who uses Mesprit in almost all of her teams. I must say, that little pixie is quite a beast. It's interesting that it's finally catching on.

Even though I'd likely fit into the "normal" group, I used Moltres a bit. It's great as a Scarfed lead.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
I am loving the results from this, seems very useful in team building to say the least. Suicune has finally arrived in DP!

Would there be any chance this could be done for Ubers too? I assume it would only be for top 75-100, as after that there really aren't enough usages for it to mean much. I think some OU steel Pokemon would show up pretty high on the Uber list.

I think it's interesting that with the exception of the Regis, all of the legendaries fall under the "expert" list. It makes one wonder if some of the normal/novice players know that they're allowed in play. (As in, "Uber Clause" =/= "Legendary Clause.")

I have noticed that many amateur players simply do not use legendaries for whatever reason. I guess they see them as being too good or thus must be uber. If you go on Serebi you'll see a lot of players using "Legendary Clause."

Surprised to see that on both of my frequently used teams, none were on the neb list. Nice to see Mesprit getting some love, as it is on one of these teams.

It is predictable that Electivire is a 'noob' OU Pokemon.
Some people still think they can use it successfully in conjunction with Gyarados for that Speed boost.

It is predictable that Electivire is a 'noob' OU Pokemon.
Some people still think they can use it successfully in conjunction with Gyarados for that Speed boost.
Lately I have been running MixVire with Gyarados and it has been pretty successful lately. I just think most people that use it are noobs and they still try Gyara Vire with the physical Electivire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)