Pokemon Type Coverage (Excel Sheet) - NEW! Version 2.2 using December Stats!

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm going to assume this doesn't Abilities like Adaptability or Technician into account, am I right? Still this is a very useful tool.
No it doesn't... yet.

But it does take into account Thick Fat, Wonder Guard, Solid Rock, Filter, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb, Flash Fire, Levitate, Heat Proof and Dry Skin when calculating the damage against Pokemon that have them. It also takes into account the ratio of Pokemon having one ability or the other (for example, it takes into account that there are more Levitate Bronzong than Heat Proof ones).

would it be possible to make a move element type, physical or special, and BP input for a move or 2?

for example Technician Hidden Powers, Reversal,

also, does it use weight for grass knot/low kick?

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
would it be possible to make a move element type, physical or special, and BP input for a move or 2?

for example Technician Hidden Powers, Reversal
You mean to invent your own move (let's say Hidden Power Grass with 90 BP or Eruption with 60 BP) to use it in the calculation? I think that can be managed.

also, does it use weight for grass knot/low kick?
Yes it does.

X-Act

Please download the new version, as the old version overcalculated the damage dealt. The new version fixes this, and also has Rock Smash and Spacial Rend. It is also available in a ZIP file now.

Well, I wanted to see how an Adamant Swampert would be in the standard metagame, so I inputted its types and four moves. But when it came to the attack stats, I wasn't able to input any number in. I wanted to type in 350 in its attack stat. I also tried doing your Gengar example, but I also wasn't able to input its special attack stat.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You are double clicking right. You need to double click the box to be able to enter information there.

Or you could click on the box once and go up to the formula box and enter it right there.

Yes, I also tried to double click the box and then input the number. I also tried clicking it once and using the box at the top to change the number, but still, nothing seems to happen?

X-Act

You're pressing ENTER after inputting the number right?

What Excel version do you have?

Yes, I've tried pressing enter after inputting the numbers. My Excel version is 2003. But it seems that I have found the problem now, but I'm not too quite sure if it is the specific problem. When I try to open Microsoft Excel, it says that my Excel has been expired? Could that be the reason why? If it was expired, shouldn't I have not been able to use it when I opened the file?

X-Act

Well, I have Excel 2003 just like you and it works fine for me. So maybe it's really its expiration that's the problem.

You could maybe download OpenOffice to fix the problem (and to have a non-expiring version of Office).

Uhhh, you might want to change this what with garchomp being in uber now, ice and dragon type moves could be miscalculated :3

Platinum update?

This thing is awesome and it would be sad for it not to be updated =\
Uhhh, there's nothing to update :S

It's not

Select a pokemon, then select what moves it can learn

it's

Select any two types, select any 4 moves and see what damage is dealt...

Actually, there are certain things to take into account for the new platinum updates. Skymin is playable now, and that changes Ice, Fire, Rock, Etc. damage. Also, I agree, if there is a next version, it should include the fact that Garchomp is now Uber, and other tier changes.

This is awesome, and I'm certainly going to be using it to test out my movesets.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When you use the 'Standard' calculator, does it calculate just for every pokemon in the OU tier, or every pokemon bar Ubers?

X-Act

All metagame calculations (Uber, Standard, UU) use every Pokemon's usage in that metagame.

I think this would be a great tool for use in the CAP Project. Is it possible to implement Technician and/or new moves into this?

X-Act

New moves and Technician can be implemented without a problem. And I could also include CAP usages to see the average damage dealt in the CAP metagame.

What's the highest average Damage you can possibly get?
(without illegal movesets and 999 Special Attack that sort of stuff)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)