Pokemon TCG

Have you ever thought to yourself, with approximately a quarter+ of a given set being entirely secret rares, "You know what the TCG needs, more chase cards"

Say no more, behold the one-a-box Master Ball Reverse Holo
(normal)
(Master)

It's just like a normal reverse holo, but it has a Master Ball pattern instead of a Pokeball pattern, and presumably there's one for all reverse holos in the set.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
They presumably do not want to print every reverse holo in a ton of different balls.
Just to clarify, I don't mean every card will have a reverse holo with a different ball, what I meant there will be one reverse holo that has a "special" ball on it. Like the Water Pokemon (and Energy Card) would have either Lure, Net, or Dive; Fire Pokemon would have Level or Repeat; Normal would have Great or Ultra; etc..

My point was just them all being Master Ball is boring, it pretty much makes them no different than the normal Poke Ball reverse holo. If they varied up which Ball is used it'll at least give some interest to the concept.

Though, I guess the argument against that is the possibility of not wanting to make an overlay for every single Poke Ball.

Just to clarify, I don't mean every card will have a reverse holo with a different ball, what I meant there will be one reverse holo that has a "special" ball on it. Like the Water Pokemon (and Energy Card) would have either Lure, Net, or Dive; Fire Pokemon would have Level or Repeat; Normal would have Great or Ultra; etc..

My point was just them all being Master Ball is boring, it pretty much makes them no different than the normal Poke Ball reverse holo. If they varied up which Ball is used it'll at least give some interest to the concept.
From a production standpoint this means they only had to make a Master Ball reverse holo stamp

But also the inherent interest is "this is the Master Ball, the Best Ball, which is why it is very rare", not just "it is a different, varyingly rarer ball". It also gives style cohesion to this specific manner of secret "subset".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)