SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
The bad vibes are coming in full force again. I don't trust the Pincurchin leak, and my trust in the other stuff is waning...
You just can't fully trust any leak. Any of that is either fake or real, regardless of what anyone had a say about them. The best way to denounce the fakes from the reals is waiting for the datamining to come, which is coming up the next week or even few days before release at most.

The problem is that if Cinderace is fake, that throws the entire leak into question and possibly debunks it all. Gigantamax forms, new mons, all that could be fake.
I will be very impressed if everything turns out to be a hoax, given the volume and quality of some of the early screenshots (like the elephant). Most of the guide pages, ultra blurry ones notwithstanding, do look pretty convincing. But in general I agree that there's going to be a lot of fake stuff thrown in during lulls between anything legitimate that may be leaking, and that Cinderace image is a top candidate for something suspicious. It did come out at a notable delay after the Intelleon & Rillaboom image, definitely enough time for someone to fake it and match the style, so if it turns out to be fake it wouldn't necessarily invalidate everything, but it would cast some much-needed doubt on things.

Similarly, with regards to the possibility of datamines, I'm not going to believe anything about impending datamines unless I see SciresM, Kazowar, or Kaphotics saying they are imminent.

Got this off bulbapedia forums btw, thoughts? Im team fake but its helllllaaa cute

View attachment 203712
I would consider any image with that quality and background fake. The kitsunoh "leak" and several others that have followed have all been this same blurry grainy format with that same background. Rillaboom and the snakes had similar backgrounds but much clearer image quality.

wrt the horrid image quality of some of these leaks, one of the leakers is intentionally uploading them in horrible quality to troll people. No joke lmao

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I will be very impressed if everything turns out to be a hoax, given the volume and quality of some of the early screenshots (like the elephant). Most of the guide pages, ultra blurry ones notwithstanding, do look pretty convincing. But in general I agree that there's going to be a lot of fake stuff thrown in during lulls between anything legitimate that may be leaking, and that Cinderace image is a top candidate for something suspicious. It did come out at a notable delay after the Intelleon & Rillaboom image, definitely enough time for someone to fake it and match the style, so if it turns out to be fake it wouldn't necessarily invalidate everything, but it would cast some much-needed doubt on things.

Similarly, with regards to the possibility of datamines, I'm not going to believe anything about impending datamines unless I see SciresM, Kazowar, or Kaphotics saying they are imminent.

I would consider any image with that quality and background fake. The kitsunoh "leak" and several others that have followed have all been this same blurry grainy format with that same background. Rillaboom and the snakes had similar backgrounds but much clearer image quality.
What other stuff did the guy who leaked Cinderace also reveal? Was it shown by someone other than the guy who leaked the new Gigantamax forms?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
We're at the point where it looks too elaborate to be fake. At the point where, If it turns out to be fake, we cannot trust anything anymore.
That's the big thing here. If my bad vibes turn out to be telling the truth, this is a true behemoth far beyond even the Grinch leak. The consequences of that scenario will extend far beyond this community: Videogame leaks all over will never be trusted or taken seriously ever again unless it is literal gameplay footage.

You just can't fully trust any leak. Any of that is either fake or real, regardless of what anyone had a say about them. The best way to denounce the fakes from the reals is waiting for the datamining to come, which is coming up the next week or even few days before release at most.
I know, but the issue is I really want a lot of this stuff to be real. Gigantamax Garbodor and Centiskorch are really cool! I also don't want a repeat of the 18 gyms fiasco where after the fluke is revealed people delve right back into cynicism saying stuff like "the one thing from this game that interested me isn't even real". Please GF, give us more trailers that confirm something from these leaks...

What other stuff did the guy who leaked Cinderace also reveal? Was it shown by someone other than the guy who leaked the new Gigantamax forms?
The thing about Cinderace is, when Rillaboom and Intelleon were leaked from that guide, the image didn't show Cinderace, and the leaker said that they weren't going to show Scorbunny's evolutions yet

Then some time after, the guy that was sharing the leaks posted an image of a cellphone picture of his PC monitor showing the image with Cinderace's design. Said image only had Cinderace, with an artwork noticeably distinct from the other starters, and to this point, no one showed any image that contained both Sobble/Grookey's evolutions alongside Scorbunny's.

What that means is that there's definitely a chance that Cinderace's image specifically could have been a deliberate fake, while the other starters could still be real. The leaker clearly doesn't care much about showing this stuff in good quality, so there's the chance that someone made a fake of Scorbunny's final form and mixed it with the (potentially) real leaks just to mess with people or something

It's hard to tell where most of this is coming from... there was a guy on twitter reposting the guidebook pages saying he was getting them directly from the leaker on discord; he did ultimately post the Cinderace picture a while after saying the leaker didn't want to show it, and I thought I saw Cinderace on 4chan before he posted Twitter, but maybe I'm remembering wrong. It's hard to tell when 4chan is posting stuff they've found on Twitter and when people on Twitter are posting stuff they found on 4chan. So Cinderace being fake could throw the guidebook leaks into question, it could mean the poster is throwing fake stuff in with real, who knows.

The thing to me that seems to suggest the guidebook leaks aren't entirely fake is that the Intelleon and Rillaboom guide images are at slightly different angles and styles from the dex images. That means i) if the dex images were real and the guidebook images were fake, the angle difference seems like an attention to detail that someone having to whip up a guidebook page within the space of an hour or so wouldn't both with or ii) if both are fake that's a fairly big conspiracy we're talking about, since that's a lot of different styles to cover: fake 2d art and page layouts, fake 3d models, making sure it's all consistent, etc. It would definitely require a team with very good attention to detail. Hence why I will be quite impressed if everything is hoax!

We're at the point where it looks too elaborate to be fake. At the point where, If it turns out to be fake, we cannot trust anything anymore.
I think its not that perfect of a leak yet. Scorbunny3 looks like a 2d drawing and looks pretty different compared to the grookey3 and sobble 3 pics which show their 3d models in the guidebook

That and the b l u r r y effect that they always love to add to hide any impefections about leaks make me think it could still potentially be false, but only scorbunny3

Anyone remember grinch leak? We used to say its too perfect too, we even had more evidence it was real with all the employee drama that was identified in the picture and real life but it still turned out to be false

Never trust anything

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Since it’s pretty much confirmed from the image up thread that Hat Malamar is a psychic I’m really hoping it’s psychic/ice based on the color scheme since the only fully evolved psychic/ice we have is Jynx which is...Jynx.
That would be great, especially if they did a reverse theme as well, just different from Malamar. Imagine a Psychic/Ice Pkm whose weaknesses and resistances are reversed. It would be probably the best defensive type combination an ice Pkm could have with such an ability. That would be quite useful in Monotype. Being resistant against Steel, Rock (especially Stealth Rock!), Fire, etc.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Look, we can argue all day about whether Gigantamaxing sucks, whether it's a waste of space that came at the expense of other things like [REDACTED], whether they should've just done new Megas, so on and so forth.

But if there's one thing Gigantamaxing has already done better than Mega Evolutions did in their debut it's that a substantial amount are actually being given to Pokemon from their generation of origin this time. No matter how much you like Megas and decry GF for scrapping them, the fact only one Gen 6 mon (a Mythical no less, so basically useless for Game Freak-sanctioned competitive formats) got a Mega throughout that generation's entire run is still fucking stupid. And while you can say Gen 7 started this trend with exclusive Z-Moves being given largely to Gen 7 mons, those were far more undercooked and didn't change the Pokemon they were used by too much, not like Gigantamaxing giving them new forms entirely. In addition, those were only given to popular and "marketable" picks like the starters, mascot legends and Mimikyu, whereas the Galar Pokemon Gigantamax forms seem to have a way more varied distribution.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Look, we can argue all day about whether Gigantamaxing sucks, whether it's a waste of space that came at the expense of other things like [REDACTED], whether they should've just done new Megas, so on and so forth.

But if there's one thing Gigantamaxing has already done better than Mega Evolutions did in their debut it's that a substantial amount are actually being given to Pokemon from their generation of origin this time. No matter how much you like Megas and decry GF for scrapping them, the fact only one Gen 6 mon (a Mythical no less, so basically useless for Game Freak-sanctioned competitive formats) got a Mega throughout that generation's entire run is still fucking stupid. And while you can say Gen 7 started this trend with exclusive Z-Moves being given largely to Gen 7 mons, those were far more undercooked and didn't change the Pokemon they were used by too much, not like Gigantamaxing giving them new forms entirely. In addition, those were only given to popular and "marketable" picks like the starters, mascot legends and Mimikyu, whereas the Galar Pokemon Gigantamax forms seem to have a way more varied distribution.
Just like with Z-Moves, Gigamaxx forms seem to be just anothwr way to masturbate Kanto while keeping some new mons there to hide that fact. Same with Galarian forms so far, with Zigzagoon being an exception to justify furry Gene Simmons without bringing back cross-generational evolution. I bet whatever the number of Gigamax galar mons is, the Kanto amount will be higher. And everyone knows Garbodor is there just out of spite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)