Challenge Pokemon SoulSilver: If you catch it, you use it

Rules:
  • When I catch a Pokemon, even if I have six Pokemon in my team, I have to replace a Pokemon in my team that I chose with that Pokemon.
  • When a Pokemon in my team is replaced, it is boxed infinitely.
  • I can only catch one Pokemon per route.
  • Set mode.
  • If a Pokemon has stayed in my team for 6 Pokemon swaps, it must be swapped next time I catch a Pokemon.
  • In-game trades are allowed, but only if I have the Pokemon for the trade, whether it's in my box or not.
  • I will evolve trade evolution Pokemon after I defeat the Gym after obtaining the stage before the trade evolution. For example, if I got a Kadabra before battling Whitney, when I defeat Whitney I can evolve Kadabra. If I have already defeated all the Gyms, I may evolve the Pokemon immediately.
I chose the boy character, and name myself Primum. I check my PC and read the email from Lyra, then talk to my mom and go outside. After that I go to the Pokemon Lab, and Professor Elm tells me about Mr. Pokemon, and I chose Chikorita as my starter and name it Plantita then a scientist in the lab gives me 5 Potions.
Screenshot 2022-03-25 8.46.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-03-25 8.48.25 PM.png

Sassy, -Speed +Sp. Def
Moveset:
Tackle
Growl
Then, after I make Silver shove me three times, I go barge into people's house's and engage them in totally normal conversation after running into their house completely uninvited. Anyway, time for playing the game. I go to the first route, only to be stopped by the person in the center of town, telling me to go get my Pokegear. I go back to my house to ask my mom to give me my Pokegear, and then she tells me how to use the telephone, even though I told here I already did. Then i go back to the route, only to be stopped again by Professor Elm this time. He registers his phone number in my Pokegear. I finally go onto Route 29, and do a bit of training in the grass. Plantita 3HKOs a Pidgey and take a whole... 2 damage. I level up and get Razor Leaf. I grind up to level 8, then continue on.
Screenshot 2022-03-25 9.18.19 PM.png

Moveset:
Tackle
Growl
Razor Leaf
I pick up a Potion, and use it on Plantita. Then someone tells me you can jump off ledges, and then someone else tells me that you can jump off ledges. Anyway, on to Route 46! Wait, what? Route 29 then Route 46? Oh, this isn't where I'm supposed go. Plantita grows to level 9 though and learns PoisonPowder and I leave the route. A NPC says that they are waiting for Pokemon that only appear in the daytime. Yes, it's definitely not daytime. I enter Cherrygrove City and get stopped by a man who shows me a Pokemon Center, a Pokemon Mart, the entrance to Route 30, the seashore, and then he shows me his house, and gives me the Running Shoes. Apparently this guy is the Guide Gent. I go to the Pokemon Center to heal Plantita, then go to the Pokemon Mart to buy some Pokeballs... but they don't have any Pokeballs. Then I run into more people's houses, and then talk to them. I realize I should have more pictures, so here they are.
Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.29.38 PM.png

Yes, yes I am. Why do you think I'm doing a challenge? (Sorry for the bad images, I'm taking them on my computer.)
Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.31.17 PM.png

Yeah, that's sort of the whole point.
Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.34.16 PM.png

Ever heard of Unova?
Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.36.34 PM.png

Okay, that's enough barging for now. Let's go continue the story!
Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.38.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.39.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.41.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.43.08 PM.png

Yay, more free stuff! Then he explains how to use the Town Map. The explanation is a bit long, so I won't show it. On to Route 30! I encounter a Hoothoot. Tackle 3HKOs it (Growl is annoying) and Plantita gets some experience.
Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.48.04 PM.png

I grind up to level 10, because it's pretty close.
Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.50.27 PM.png

I grab the Potion at the top right, then go up the stairs, encountering a Rattata along the way. It gets OHKOed by Razor Leaf.
Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.56.44 PM.png

There's a Bug Catcher, which might be challenging considering I chose Chikorita as my starter, but probably not because I'm very overleveled.
Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.59.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-03-26 3.59.55 PM.png

Um, no. Are they supposed to?
Screenshot 2022-03-26 4.00.55 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-03-26 4.01.45 PM.png

He doesn't actually fight me? Aw, he would have probably given Plantita decent EXP.
Screenshot 2022-03-26 4.04.57 PM.png

In the house, there's a guy who tells me that people usually come to his house looking for Mr. Pokemon, and gives me the Apricorn Box. Now to steal his Apricorns... His tree has a Green Apricorn, or a Grn Apricon as the game calls it. I go into the grass to the right of his house to look for Mr. Pokemon's house. Up in the grass, there's an Antidote
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.00.47 AM.png

To the right, there's a NPC who explains PP, and on top there are two Trainers who seem to be having a battle. I go to the right, and get here:
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.04.54 AM.png

I defeat a Weedle and two Kakunas, growing to level 11.
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.09.26 AM.png

I finally reach Mr. Pokemon's house. Before I go inside, I'm going to get the Pink Apricorn, or the Pnk Apricorn as the game calls it. Time to go into his house!
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.41.42 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.41.54 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.42.13 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.42.50 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.43.09 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.43.17 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.43.27 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.43.36 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.43.41 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.43.50 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.43.56 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.44.03 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.44.11 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.44.18 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.44.42 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.44.51 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.44.58 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.45.05 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.45.11 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.45.19 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.45.27 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.45.31 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.45.36 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.45.44 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-27 8.45.52 AM.png

He says more stuff after, but I forgot to take a picture of it.
I'll end this update here with a picture of my team so far:

Screenshot 2022-03-27 9.02.35 AM.png

Sassy, +Sp.Def -Speed
Moveset
Tackle
Growl
Razor Leaf
PoisonPowder

Attachments

Last edited:
Hopefully I can catch a Pokemon this time. Seriously, you go to like 2 towns and 3 or 4 Routes before you even get Pokeballs.

Professor Elm calls me, and it seems he has some technology that makes people answer his phone calls whether they want to or not. I feel like this is going to be a lot of pointless talking, so I'll just describe what he says.
(If anyone doesn't like this way of showing it, feel free to say so)
Prof. Elm: H-hello? Primum?
It's a disaster! Uh, um, it's just terrible! (Let me guess, the guy clearly standing outside your lab staring at a window very suspiciously who you somehow didn't notice stole one of your Pokemon?)
Prof. Elm: What should I do? It... Oh, no... (I would suggest forming complete sentences.)
Prof. Elm: Please get back here now!
Click
Great, now I'm going to do the same thing I was going to do last time I made a update! I go back to Professor Elm's lab, encountering a Hoothoot along the way. As I exit Cherrygrove City, Mr. Suspicious Guy comes over, insults me, an challenges me to a battle. Now I'm going to wipe the floor with him because I have a over-leveled Chikorita. His name is Passerby Boy? Seriously? Plantita uses PoisonPowder, and Cyndaquil uses Leer. Devastating. Plantita gets a crit Tackle and KOs the Cyndaquil. Passerby Boy askes me if I want to know who he is, with a lot of periods, and then claims he's going to be the world's greatest Pokemon trainer. Good luck, you'll really need it. It won't work anyway. I apparently managed to steal his Trainer Card and find out his name, which it doesn't tell me, nor do I get to choose what it is. Anyway, I go to Professor Elm's lab, and get greeted by the following cutscene:
(I'll use the form of showing cutscenes that I did above)
Police Officer: Who are you? We are investigating the case of the missing Pokemon here... (Well, I have a answer to your case: Mr. Suspicious Guy/Passerby Boy stole it. That simple.)
Police Officer: Rule number one! "Whoever did it will come back to the site." (What, are you saying I did it? As much as I'd like to have that Cyndaquil, the game won't let me steal it. Wait, there's still a Totodile... Hey officer! Look! The culprit! *I steal Totodile*)
Police Officer: Oh my... So you must be.. the one who did it?
Lyra: Hold on a second! He has nothing to do with it! (Somehow, in a building that appears to be perfectly clean, Lyra managed to kick up dirt as she ran over.)
Lyra: I saw it. There was a red-haired boy looking into the building! (A miracle! Someone in a Pokemon video game has a brain! I thought all the zombies were going to go hungry...)
Police Officer: What? You battled a boy like that? He must be the one who did it... Did you happen to get his name?
Then the game brings up the typing screen. Mr Suspicious doesn't fit, and I think sus is sus. So, I'm going with Passerby. That doesn't fit either? All right, we're going with Latin *checks Google Translate*... I'll go with Transi, which (according to Google Translate) means Pass. Or I could do Passboy. I'll do Passboy.
Police Officer: I see! So Passboy was his real name. (I press yes.)
Police Officer: Thanks for helping my investigation! My next assignment is to search for this red-haired individual.
Then she leaves. Finally.
Lyra: Primum! I'm glad they understand you are innocent. See you later!
Professor Elm: Primum, this is terrible.. Oh, yes, what was Mr. Pokemon's big discovery?
I handed the egg to him.
Professor Elm: Huh? This is an...Egg, isn't it? This Egg may be something I've never seen...still it's just an Egg. Mr. Pokemon is always fascinated by Eggs. Well, since he gave it to us, we might as well find out what secret it holds. (Do you suggest that we get a hammer?)
Professor Elm: I'll keep it for a while to find out about the Egg. What?! Professor Oak gave you a Pokedex? (Yeah, he did, because you, the professor of the region were to lazy to give me it.)
Professor Elm: Primum, is that true? Th-that's incredible! He is superb at seeing the potential of people as Trainers. Wow, Primum. I knew you were a little different. Things are going to be fun! (Why don't you just stop talking and give me Pokeballs then?)
Professor Elm: Your Pokemon seem to really like you, so why don't you...take the Pokemon Gym challenge? If you manage to defeat all the Gym Leaders, you'll eventually challenge the Pokemon League Champion!... Or not! Ha ha! (Wow, you're starting to sound like Passboy.)
Professor Elm: Becoming the Champion is not at all easy, but you can certainly challenge Violet City's Gym...Primum. Challenging the Gyms scattered around will be a long journey. Before you leave, make sure to talk to your mom.

Finally, the cutscene is over. I thought I'd be older than Arceus before you stopped talking. I'll go talk to my mom now. I unsuccessfully locate my house. Lyra's house looks nearly the exact same as mine, okay?

Mom: ... So, you're leaving on an adventure... (What is it with these people and their "..."s?)
Mom: OK! I'll help too. But what can I do for you? (Give me your wallet, your Pokemon, and all your Pokeballs, please.)
Mom: I know! Every time you receive prize money, I'll save some of it for you. (So... you're going to hoard my money?)
Mom: On a long journey, money's important. Do you want me to save your money for you?
I click no.
Mom: OK, but be careful out there. Pokemon are your friends. When you work as a team, you can accomplish anything! (Cue the song: Everything is awesome from the Lego Movie)
Mom: Now, go on!

Do I have Pokeballs...? I don't have any Pokeballs. I exit the house, and nothing happens. SOMEONE JUST GIVE ME POKEBALLS NOW! Please. I go on to the Route, and Lyra seems to be talking to her Marill.
Lyra: There you are! Primum! You can catch wild Pokemon with Pokeballs. Follow me! (Finally, Pokeballs! And the catching tutorial. Great.)
Lyra seems to be jumping on the grass for no reason.
Lyra: ...Just like that! ... Huh? Was I too fast? (All I saw was you jumping. I take back the earlier comment about her having a brain.)
Lyra: I'll try again. Come this way!
Then she encounters a Rattata and sends out Marill, who uses Tackle, which the Rattata uses right back. Then she throws a Pokeball. Enjoy your giant rat.
Lyra: See? Just like that! It's better to lower your target's HP more than I did, or make it sleep or something. You can try all kinds of things to see what works. I'll give you these. Good luck! See you!

Finally, Pokeballs! I encounter a Pidgey, and Plantita uses PoisonPowder, which misses. The Pidgey uses Tackle, dealing a devastating amount of damage (1 damage). Plantita uses PoisonPowder again, and it hits. Pidgey uses another devastating Tackle, and Plantita uses Growl. I keep using Growl for a few turns, and then I throw a Pokeball. It catches! I name the Pidgey PigeonPoke. It's a female Pidgey. I'll end the update here. Please tell me if you think I should include more screenshots (I'll probably include pictures of new areas).

I don't think I'll be continuing this challenge on Smogon. It's too annoying to take a picture with my computer then um... do stuff that I forgot by now. I might do a challenge run of Insurgence. I'll have people vote on what challenge I should do. Here is a link to the challenge modes of Insurgence. If no one does I'll just choose it randomly. I'll start it on... next Wednesday, or longer until I figure out how to take screenshots for Insurgence (or if I can't).
If you can't go do that link for some reason (or don't want to) here is all of the challenge modes:

Nuzlocke
All caught Pokémon must be nicknamed and fainted Pokémon cannot be revived in Pokémon Centers. Other methods of reviving a Pokémon, such as Revive and Sacred Ash, will fail. The player's PC also cannot be used to revive Pokémon when depositing them. Once a player has run out of usable Pokémon, the Nuzlocke Challenge ends and the player can continue their journey as a normal play-through. No method exists to forfeit this challenge aside from having every Pokémon within the player's party faint.

Randomized
All Pokémon, including trainer Pokémon, wild Pokémon, gifts, eggs given by NPC's, and in-game trades, are randomly generated to be one of the 721 official Pokémon from the core series as well as Insurgence's Delta Pokemon. Additionally, all items found on the ground, given by NPC's, and held by wild Pokémon are randomized, as well as the items sold from any marts not within a Pokémon Center, the Pokemon League, the Dream Realm or Holon.

Players are not allowed to trade while doing this challenge. This challenge cannot be forfeited once it has begun. Unlike many conventional approaches to this, however, the route that the player is on randomizes each and every encounter, as opposed to only randomizing the first encounters for that route and keeping the possible encounters limited to the original encounters the player experienced.

Egg Challenge
More commonly known as the Egglocke Challenge. The first twenty boxes of the player's PC will be filled with Eggs. Players will not be able to interact with these boxes, but the last four boxes are available for use. Once a player catches or receives a Pokémon, it is swapped out for an egg in the PC from the first twenty boxes. These eggs can either be taken from a text file in the "Egglocke" folder, or randomly generated. Players are not allowed to trade while doing this challenge. This challenge cannot be forfeited once it has begun.

Solo Run
Players get to choose any non-Legendary, non-evolved Pokémon, and may use it for the course of the game. Players can still catch Pokémon, but the Pokémon are sent to the player's PC by default. However, access to the PC is restricted during this challenge. Players may forfeit this challenge at any time. (Be aware that there is a glitch which may put the pokemon in the party if you catch them, instead of the PC, and the only way to stop the glitch is to forfeit the solorun, and self-enforce the rules instead.)

Mystery Challenge
All Pokémon encountered will appear as a ??? sprite and will have hidden names. They will have their normal sprites and names once they are registered in the Pokédex. Players may forfeit this challenge at any time.

Non-Technical Challenge
Players are unable to use TMs or HMs in this challenge. Naturally HM replacements do not apply to this restriction. Players may forfeit this challenge at any time.

PP Challenge
Pokémon Centers won't heal PP. Leppa Berries, Ethers and Elixirs do restore PP, however all other methods fail. Players may forfeit this challenge at any time.

Bravery Challenge
Players cannot flee from wild encounters. Players may forfeit this challenge at any time.

Wonder Challenge
Any Pokémon you catch/find will immediately be Wonder Traded away. Make sure you have stable/consistent internet when doing this challenge.

Ironman Challenge
If you white out after losing a battle, your save file gets deleted. This is only for the most hardcore players- you only get one chance! May only be picked if nuzlocke is also enabled. Players may forfeit this challenge at any time. (A glitch makes your save file not wipe if you lose in the trainer school tournament in Midna Town.)

(Definitely didn't just copy that all from the wiki)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)