Discovery Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Nerfed Stall

Good or bad (single choice)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet just turned stall into a nerf gun, They made moves like Recover , Rest , Roost , Slack off have 5 PP
(and maybe softboiled and moonlight , morning sun etc.. not sure tho since they have not tweeted anything about it)
And REGENERATOR, is nerfed from healing 35% (i think) to 25%
1668093252038.png

1668093299525.png

And for anyone asking the question, YES this WILL affect the metagame soo much, Here re the reasons why:
1-Pokemon like Quagsire , Corviknight , Toxapex cannot just eat up powerful non-supereffective moves then Roost/Recover them off like nothing, they will have a limit to how much they can recover their health.
2-Hyper offense will rise much in popularity and strong bulky pokemon (EX: Rillaboom , Pangoro , etc..) can break through stallers more easily now that there is a limit to how much you can heal-spam
3-Pokemon that are in lower tiers because of their lack of skill at wallbreaking will rise
4-Wallbreakers Might not be as important as they could have been but should not be that pointless
5-Leftovers Item And the move "Leech seed" will have much more use due to other healing moves being nerfed (if they themselves are not nerfed of course)
In My opinion, this is a healthy change to the metagame and im happy with this.
(Huge props to pokeaimMD for providing the information for this thread to be possible)

Was the Regenerator nerf actually confirmed?

Stall, as always, will find a way. Maybe Blissey and Clefable will more commonly run Wish + Softboiled. Maybe Regenerator mons will have to actually think about what attacks they switch in on. Maybe it won't matter, as stall vs offense games rarely eat 9+ Recover PP.

How good stall actually ends up being will probably be determined more by what Pokemon are added to the game, and which ones are snapped by Dexit 2. That said Blissey / Corviknight / Amoongus / Toxapex / Slowking / Slowbro / Dragonite / Zapdos / Quagsire give us a pretty good core and that's before we dig into niche mons like Pyukumuku and Avalugg. Imagine a world where the fat shit paradox Jigglypuff actually starts seeing OU usage. Or Unaware Skeledirge? Who knows.

Or maybe the new past / present forms will be so offensively overwhelming that stall dies. Or perhaps some defensive core will arise even with 8 PP limitations. I think stall will suffer or flourish based on the meta, not so much the PP nerf.

Was the Regenerator nerf actually confirmed?

Stall, as always, will find a way. Maybe Blissey and Clefable will more commonly run Wish + Softboiled. Maybe Regenerator mons will have to actually think about what attacks they switch in on. Maybe it won't matter, as stall vs offense games rarely eat 9+ Recover PP.

How good stall actually ends up being will probably be determined more by what Pokemon are added to the game, and which ones are snapped by Dexit 2. That said Blissey / Corviknight / Amoongus / Toxapex / Slowking / Slowbro / Dragonite / Zapdos / Quagsire give us a pretty good core and that's before we dig into niche mons like Pyukumuku and Avalugg. Imagine a world where the fat shit paradox Jigglypuff actually starts seeing OU usage. Or Unaware Skeledirge? Who knows.

Or maybe the new past / present forms will be so offensively overwhelming that stall dies. Or perhaps some defensive core will arise even with 8 PP limitations. I think stall will suffer or flourish based on the meta, not so much the PP nerf.
i think regen nerf is confirmed and we still have to wait a long time before we can make such assumptions, still a very good one nonetheless thanks for replying!!!

Regen nerf is not confirmed, and if any of the other "nerfs" were anything to go by (For example, Intimidate, Contrary, Defiant etc) this is also false, we'll need to wait for more research information or the datamine (if that provides that type of information) for now it's just speculation.

I would also hold off on this thread until potentially the Game is out, as it is considered a leak and non leak thread people can still see the pretty spoiler-y thread title, but I do think it is an interesting topic to look into to see what other key stall tactics are being nerfed over the metagame's development.

(also as an fyi, it's never a good idea to start a research thread and use the word "probably" or "rumoured" lol, wait for official confirmation)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This is being locked for now as we are still determining changes to old abilities.

The changes to Recovery in general do seem to be true however. Roost and Recover are now both 5PP.

We are still waiting for data dumps, and certain things will still need to be tested ingame before we can conclusively say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)