Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

So they're going with a similar approach to gen 8 where the "special pokemon" were not legal at start huh (back then, it was Gigamax).

Honestly curious on if this means we'll be getting Paradox raids to allow everyone to get the other version paradoxes like they did for Gmax raids.

Also looking forward to see what "bugs" they fixed...
You know I have 0 hopes that they'd fix the memory leaks, but having the raids not constantly desync would be kinda nice.
Khu said there were Paradox pokemon in raids at one point but they had a glitch where their HP wasn't set right or something.
Least now they can patch it in as a New Feature to get ready for VGC next year!!

At least the patch notes aren't just "various issues have been fixed to ensure a smoother playing experience" or whatever the stock phrase is.
I mean it's a third of that
Other select bug fixes have been made.

By the way anyone knows what's up with these yellow raids (currently looks to be Florges and Mimikyu)?
They show as brilliant on the minimap (like the former event Eevee raids) but... doesn't look like there's anything special about them?

I am a bit confused by this one honestly.

It's just 4-5 star raids with random Tera type... so nothing special other than being more common? Why is it even a "event", at least the Eevee raids were on a otherwise pretty uncommon pokemon for which getting the HA could be obnoxious.

Ttar HA isn't even good :zonger:
I mean SWSH had plenty of events where it's just slightly more common Rare-ish Pokemon. Not having to drag their unevovled forms is probably nice bonus

Also since these are VEs, it's a bunch of much more common spawns that you can play online as an alternative to trading.

I mean SWSH had plenty of events where it's just slightly more common Rare-ish Pokemon. Not having to drag their unevovled forms is probably nice bonus

Also since these are VEs, it's a bunch of much more common spawns that you can play online as an alternative to trading.
I guess, still I'd like them to give some "flair" to the event raids... idk, more drops, or make them T6 so you can get ability patches at least...

Does anyone know why my game won't let me join raids in Union Circle with friends? It was working then it just stopped. I'd get the alert to join, click Y, then it would take me to the screen saying "No Postings Found". But worked for everyone else.

Does anyone know why my game won't let me join raids in Union Circle with friends? It was working then it just stopped. I'd get the alert to join, click Y, then it would take me to the screen saying "No Postings Found". But worked for everyone else.
Sounds like just game jank issues. Probably a desync problem or something like that, maybe the game thought you were still in cutscenes and wasn't sending you the invite.
I'd not be surprised if simply closing the union circle + restarting the game and then rejoining toghether would have fixed it.

Somewhat randomly, the official website updated Koraidon & Miraidon's pages

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon/koraidon/
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon/miraidon/

Obviously the game's been out for a while now so there'es nothing really new here, but it does have some cute flavor for the lizard's behavior that isn't mentioned in the pokedex. So that's fun.
Apparently the Japanese page actually got a news notice for this. The other thing is a video series where the sandwich ingredient code came from.
1670358494013.png

And the Trainer's Guide got updated with a new section explaining what terastal does, which only seems to exist for the English version. Some of this would have been interesting to know in prerelease.
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/trainers-guide/the-terastal-phenomenon/
1670358584745.png

1670358537807.png

Also while I was checking the other sites I noticed the Korean version actually had a link to their ingame news page, and you can change languages with the abbreviation.
https://sv-news.pokemon.co.jp/ko/list

Something unique is that they and the Japanese versions got a specific anti-Charizard strategy guide written up for them that doesn't exist on the English side and actually goes over what the Charizard can do in detail and how to play against it properly. Here are some Google Translated tips:
Charizard, the strongest, remembers the techniques "Dragon Pulse", "Fire Blast", "Hurricane", and "Focus Blast" .
The technique unleashed from a high special attack is powerful.

As soon as the battle begins, he unleashes "Overheat", so the recoil of the technique will cause his Special Attack to drop sharply... or so, but immediately after that, he will negate the bad effects on himself.
Also, when its HP is low, it will fire "Sunny Day", and its ability "Solar Power" will increase its own special attack, making it stand out even more powerfully.

The strongest Charizard is the Dragon Tera type. Dragon-type , Fairy-type, and Ice-type moves are most effective when attacking Dragon-type Pokémon , but Charizard fires a lot of Fire-type moves, so Ice-type Pokémon are at a disadvantage. Be aware that it can be detrimental. Mimikyu, which tends to appear at the same time as the strongest Charizard, is a Ghost/Fairy type Pokémon. Since it is immune to Normal, Fighting , and Dragon-type moves, it is immune to damage from Focus Blast and Dragon Pulse. In addition, since it learns the Fairy-type move "Play Rough", it can aim for excellent effect against the strongest Charizard.

Some Pokémon have abilities that reduce the damage taken from Fire-type moves, or increase their stats when hit by Fire-type moves.
In addition to their advantageous type compatibility, there are many Pokémon that can be reassuring companions if you can understand their characteristics and fight alongside them.

It is also effective to change the type of Pokemon by making a terrace.
Let's terrify the Fairy type and stand up against the Dragon type.

"Fire Blast", "Hurricane", and "Focus Blast" are powerful, but they are also easy to miss. If you increase your Pokémon's evasion rate
with "Double Team" or lower your opponent's hit rate with "Sand Attack" , the strongest Charizard's moves will be easier to miss. Also, "Hurricane" has a lower hit rate when the weather is sunny with "Sunny Day". When the weather turns sunny, Charizard will be strengthened by the attribute "Solar Power", but it is also a chance to avoid "Hurricane".

Charizard, the strongest, only remembers special attack techniques.
It is also a powerful way to weaken the damage of special attacks by using "Light Screen" or using "Gacchiri Bougyo" (I think this is the Defense up Cheer) as a support.
Florges, which tends to appear at the same time as the strongest Charizard, learns the techniques "Moonblast" and "Light Screen". "Moonblast" is a powerful Fairy-type move against Dragon-type Pokémon, and it can also lower the opponent's Special Attack. "Light Screen" has the effect of weakening the damage of special attacks from the opponent for 5 turns.
EDIT: It seems like it was posted after the first wave ended so I guess it's more aimed to help prepare for the next wave.

Also speaking of the website this ended up being a lie.

An interesting update from PlayPokemon

Most notably at page 5 it says
Players may use Pokémon which were obtained in Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet; were imported into Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet via Pokémon HOME (when available); or were received at an official event or distribution.
Pokémon may make use of any move or Ability available to that Pokémon through normal gameplay. This includes but is not limited to:
o Hidden Abilities, if available.
o Moves and Abilities made available through an official Pokémon event or promotion. P
Any regional Pokémon form that meets the above criteria may be used.
This seems to imply both Home update coming somewhere during that season
on top of both regional forms of Pokemon already present being usable, but not the extra pokemon coming with Home like the Arceus Legends stuff as well as the various "extras" like gen 8 starters or genies.

I am somewhat interested however in a specific bit: the fact they specifically mention "imported via pokemon Home".
I don't quite recall anything similar in the past, even in gen 8 iirc they specifically stated "with the battle ready mark" after it was introduced.

I wonder if the dreaded ""leak"" of Home not allowing move transfers permanently will actually be a thing.
I mean, not that I mind, but I can already see actual Smogon players trembling at the thought of Toxic, Knock Off and Scald never returning.

An interesting update from PlayPokemon

Most notably at page 5 it says

This seems to imply both Home update coming somewhere during that season
on top of both regional forms of Pokemon already present being usable, but not the extra pokemon coming with Home like the Arceus Legends stuff as well as the various "extras" like gen 8 starters or genies.

I am somewhat interested however in a specific bit: the fact they specifically mention "imported via pokemon Home".
I don't quite recall anything similar in the past, even in gen 8 iirc they specifically stated "with the battle ready mark" after it was introduced.

I wonder if the dreaded ""leak"" of Home not allowing move transfers permanently will actually be a thing.
I mean, not that I mind, but I can already see actual Smogon players trembling at the thought of Toxic, Knock Off and Scald never returning.
The bit about "Moves and Abilities made available through an official Pokémon event or promotion" being allowed makes me think that maybe transfer moves will be a thing after all. There hasn't been any event-exclusive moves yet this gen, I don't think. Why specify that they're allowed if any event moves will be wiped on transfer?

You know, does SV even have a battle ready mark? Is it the "tera" symbol on the status screen?
Afaik no, there's just the "gen 8 native mark", but no sign of a Battle Ready mark or NPC anywhere.
The bit about "Moves and Abilities made available through an official Pokémon event or promotion" being allowed makes me think that maybe transfer moves will be a thing after all. There hasn't been any event-exclusive moves yet this gen, I don't think. Why specify that they're allowed if any event moves will be wiped on transfer?
Depends, if they distribute special event pokemon via Mystery Gift (es: the old Celebrate stuff), or say, Hurricane Lugia), they would tecnically be legal despite having event-only moves.

I really struggle to see them allowing transfer moves in VGC/BSS: the advantage anyone with older games would have would be absurd, and it'd be awful even for Pokemon's "1 step forward 3 backward" to go so far to increase accessibility for the PVP scenario, and then introduce a change that fucks over anyone that hasnt been grinding competitive movesets for last 10 years.

Afaik no, there's just the "gen 8 native mark", but no sign of a Battle Ready mark or NPC anywhere.
I hadn't acutally looked into this before, but I see now that the way it works is it maintains their current symbole and they gain an additional, new symbol to represent Battle Readiness.

In that case I think the game is actually set up for it. If you look at the summary screen, next to the "tera" mark, which I presume is the gen 9 native mark, there's another blank circle. That's probably where the battle ready mark goes.

the currently running Flying Pikachu event means that they need to acknowledge event moves regardless

While that would be hyper annoying, I'm more just sick and tired of having to reset my mons movesets.

I've already been constantly resetting mons in SwSh for the BR mark (so that they can get the rank ribbon). I've wasted about 30-40 hours just fixing movesets alone, b/c of all the EMs and awful raid TR drops. Still not nearly done, I have about another 10 hours of grind to finish up fixing everyone. If I have to do that all over again, and for every following game, I will seriously consider just handing over my mon family to one of the WiFi potatoes and then jumping off the nearest tall cliff.

But hey, you know grind is content! So only option is to love it, right? :psysad:

It's possible that it's future-proofing for upcoming gen 9 events. That said, it feels poorly worded if that's the case. There are several things they could have said about Moves available through promotions that would not allow Wish Chansey, but weren't. If this was a tabletop competition (lacking a technical limit on transferred moves), I would lean towards transfers being allowed.

There's still some rules lawyer trolling that can occur even if transferring wipes the moves. While you won't be able to actually play any matches, the team list construction doesn't technically require mons obtained by event to be in SV at all. Being from an event is listed as a separate potential way to be allowed from being obtained in or transferred to SV. As far as I can tell, registering your event dragonite (whether or not it has barrier) that is still in gen 6 will get you up to the team checks at the event proper (which require having a battle team in SV that matches what you put on the page). Unfortunately you can't register dexited event mons because of the restriction to a subset of the Paldea dex (in 1.2.1) even though nothing in 1.4 appears to stop you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)