Challenge (Finished) Pokemon Polished Crystal NuzBLocke

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-0.png

Good Eeveening everyone! I was bored and decided to return once again to Johto, despite having played the hardest version of it (Midele Crystal) years ago. Pokemon Polished Crystal is certainly than Midele Crystal, but still sounds like an interesting games.

You can Google up all the changes from vanilla Crystal but I will list the important ones anyway:
- All Pokemon of this game can be caught or evolved to.
-New Pokemon:Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, Togekiss, Weavile, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Electivire, Magmortar, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Porygon-Z, Yanmega, Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Munchlax. Basically, Gen 4 evolutions + Munchlax and Sylveon.
-Some were removed, since in second generation there could only be 253 Mons: Spearow, Fearow, Lickitung, Goldeen, Seaking, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Shuckle, Aipom, Stantler, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Smoochum, and Delibird . From these, the only relevant from Nuzlocke perspective are Jumpluff and Shuckle.
-A lot of new Moves have been added and some were removed. Some moves were upgraded too.
-There is Physical and Special split. Now Razor Leaf is a physical move, for example.
-Existing Pokemon were improved, Yanmega is Bug-Dragon for example.
-There are abilities. There are natures too, though you can desactivate them.
-Some other mechanics are updated to current Gen and there are some new ones: Hail now boosts 50% the Defense of Ice types.

-There are new locations. For example, Safari Zone is available in Kanto.
-There is new content in the story.
-Trainers are harder than in vanilla Crystal (though, as already said, not as hard as in Midele games).
-The AI has been improved too.

And well, there are many more changes that you can Google, as I already said. Now, onto the rules of the NuzBLocke:

-If a Pokemon dies, it can,t be used again. Exception: if a battle is supposed to be lost in early game (Don,t think there will be such a battle).
-I can only catch the first Pokemon that appears on each location unless I already have it.
-As an added rule to the above one, I can only catch Pokemon that has never ended a generation in the OU Tier (according to Smogon Tiers). This is the BL in the Nuzblocke. I will give example with Eeveelutions: Vaporeon has been OU from Gen 2 to Gen 5, so I can,t use it. Jolteon was OU from Gen 1 to Gen 5 too, so I can,t use it. Flareon was never OU, so its fine. Espeon was OU in Gen 5 alone (and not even good there), but thats enough to forbid me using it. Umbreon was OU in GSC and DPP, so no Stalling tactics for me. Leafeon and Glaceon are fine, they have never been OU. Sylveon was OU at some point in both Gen 6 and Gen 8, but didn,t end the generation in that Tier, so I can use Sylveon.
- Gift Mons and Static encounters (such as Sudowoodo) are not considered the first catch of their locations, meaning I can catch them on top of catching one more Pokemon on that location. However, they need to fulfill the rule of never being in OU Tier. If a gift Pokemon has been in OU, I can,t use it, but can trade it away. There is Wonder Trade service in this game that I am yet to know how it works. Still, I am only allowed to use such service after I get to Kanto.
-Shiny Pokemon can be caught and used at any time, provided they have never been in OU. However, if they have been in OU, I can still catch them and trade them away.
-Legendary Pokemon can be catched and used. However, only Articuno and Entei have never been OU among the legends.
-Set Mode is enabled.
-I can use a healing item in battle for each one the opposing trainer uses and only after they use it.
-Before starting the game, I requested Shiyo to fucking make Midele Leaf Green or Platinum already to tell me the number of Mons each Gym Leader and important trainer (not counting Rival) has and the highest level of their Mons (I gave him the link with the teams of the trainers, not reading it myself). I won,t be able to use more Pokemon than the leaders or start the battle with Mons that have higher level than their aces (if my Pokemon overlevel during the actual battle, its fine).

So, lets begin the challenge.

Chapter 1. A new Johto.

The game starts as your average Pokemon Crystal starts, with Profesor Elm introducing you to the world. The Pokemon he uses for it is a new one, however:

So, I choose my name and start the journey in my room. I look the map and its different too, showing some new locations:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-1.png

I do downstairs and reveive a PokeGear and Running Shoes from Mom. Also I eat a tasty...

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-2.png

Outside of my house, I notice that Elm's lab has changed too:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-3.png

In the second floor there is nothing of interest except Elm's family. When I try to enter through the main door, Lyra appears:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-4.png

In this game she will be battling me as a friendly rival. For now though, Lyra just guides me to Elm, who needs us to do some research by raising his Pokemon.
Its time to pick the starter! Apart from Alola, Johto is the only region in which neither of the starter has ever been OU. All of them started in BL and then slowly sinked down to irrelevance as generations passed. In-game they have been better, especially Totodile, who usually just sweeps through Johto alone. In Nuzzlocke challenges however, the has always been a better starter than Totodile, and my favorite one overall (favorite starter in 8 generations, by the way):

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-5.png

So, this is my starter. I desactivated the natures, but not the abilities, so I get Overgrow. Its not the worst ability (that title goes to Leaf Guard), but would have liked to have Natural Cure. Chikorita line is better in this game, since Meganium is Grass-Fairy.

Before I have the chance to leave the Lab, Lyra challenges me to a battle:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-6.png

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-7.png

Lyra has her starter nicknamed Toto. It uses Leer and takes a Tackle from Dinosorio.
Dinosorio crits with Tackle and takes a Scratch.
Both Pokemon crit the next turn.
Toto leaves Dinosorio with 3 HP next turn, but Dinosorio crits for third time in a row, leaving it in red too. It will all depend on who attacks first next turn.
Unfortunately, I lose the Speedtie and the battle:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-8.png

Of course, being a practice battle with no previous training, this one doesn,t count for Nuzlocke. I would have won if I didn,t take away the Oran Berry Dinosorio was holding. Well, we will take our revenge in the future.

Lyra goes away after the battle, while I receive the Potion from Elm's aide.

I go through the route 29, where I still can,t catch Mons. Dinosorio battles some wild Mons and grows to level 6, learning Razor Leaf.
Cherrygrove City in this game actual looks like Cherrygrove:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-9.png

After healing Dinosorio, I visit Mr. Pokemon's house and get the Mistery Egg and the Pokedex. On my way back to the Lab, Dinosorio grows to level 7. This will certainly be useful in the upcomming battle:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-10.png

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-11.png

Oh, wait. He has 2 Mons? I am fucked, loool. First one is Rattata who uses Leer and takes Razor Leaf.
Rattata damages Dinosorio with Quick Attack and dies to the second Razor Leaf:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-12.png

Cyndaquil comes in, fortunately he is still at level 5. Even at level 5, the fire rat is faster and uses Tackle, receibing back the same move.
Cyndaquil uses Tackle again. Dinosorio hits it too, after eating Oran Berry.
Cyndaquil uses another Tackle and Dinosorio does the same. Unlike Lyra, this rival did keep his Oran Berry, so Cyndaquil heals.
Both Pokemon exchange Tackles.
Both Pokemon exchange Tackles again, Dinosorio is now in yellow.
Dinosorio resists another Tackle and uses Razor Leaf, which leaves Cyndaquil in red.
Dinosorio survives the last Tackle with just 2 HP and wins the battle:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-13.png

The rival escapes and Dinosorio grows to level 8.

After that I go back to the Lab and tell the police that the thief is named Shiyo, since he is bad and evil (doesn,t do Midele).

Lyra waits for me in route 29 and after showing me how to catch Mons, gives me 5 Pokeballs. I use one of them to catch a second Mon in Route 29. Every Mon here is legal and this is what I catch:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-14.png

Poor Noctowl has never been even close to OU with its horrible Stats, but he would surely have been in GSC if he was Ghost-Flying like in this game (forcing Snorlax to use either Rock Slide or Shadow Ball is huge). Unfortunately, Hoothoot is still Normal-Flying, so I need Hedwig to survive until level 20. Of course, Hedwig has the worst of the 3 available abilities (Insomnia and Tinted Lens are way better).

Finishing this first chapter here.

Last edited:
Chapter 2: Smogon rivals already here.

Before training the team, I visit Route 46 to catch another Mon. In this game Route 46 has BW Route 5 music. I check the Mons that I can catch here: Geodude and Rattata appear at any time of the day, however Golem was OU in GSC, so he is not valid. During Morning and Day Pidgey appears, he is legal, since the closest to OU he has ever been was OUBL in ORAS, thanks to the Mega. Morning has also Phanpy as encounter, but Donphan actually was OU in Gen 5, though not very good there. Finally, during the day I have Jigglypuff as a legal option to catch. I decide to set my clock to Day time, since Jigglypuff will be a rare Mon in the future, while Rattata and Pidgey are literally everywhere.
This is what I catch:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-15.png

Pidgeot just has slight increase in Stats as changes. He does get some useful Moves from future Gens like U-Turn and Roost. Still, would have liked to get Jigglypuff but I guess I have to stick with 2 birds now.

I buy 10 Pokeballs in Cherrygrove City (getting one Premier Ball too) and go to Route 30 to catch another Mon. Every Mon here is bad enough to be legal in this challenge, so I make my catch at night, hoping to get a Poliwag. This is what I get instead:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-16.png

Still with bad Stats (but increased Speed), Ariados is Bug-Dark in this game. Lets see if that combination proves to be useful should Aragog survive long enough.

Now I actually train my team until everyone is at level 5, except Dinosorio who is at level 9. I need to not overlevel my Mons, since I wouldn,t be able to use them vs Falkner if I do. Therefore careful planning is needed. Hedwig learns Hypnosis, Aragog Absorb and JuanPalomo Gust.

Soon after that I fight vs an iconic trainer:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-17.png

His top percentage Rattata avoids Hypnosis and uses Tackle, damaging Hedwig a lot.

Juan Palomo switches in, getting the defense dropped by Leer.
After getting hit by another Leer, Juan Palomo uses Gust.

I send Aragog to take the next leer.
Aragog gets severely damaged by Quick Attack and launches a Poison Sting.

JuanPalomo comes back to take Tackle.
Quick Attack leaves JuanPalomo in crit range, just like Hedwig and Aragog. Gust takes Rattata to yellow range.

So, I have no other option but to send Dinosorio, who takes a Leer and finishes the Rattata with crit Razor Leaf:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-18.png

I heal my team and continue the journey. Next Youngster proves to be much easier, his level 2 Rattata and level 4 Pidgey go down vs Hedwig, who grows to level 6.
Aragog defeats the first Caterpie of a Bug Catcher, Juan Palomo takes down the second.

That was the end of Route 30, Route 31 begins. Wild Mons here are mostly the same, though at night the illegal for me Gastly appears. Can I get Poliwag here?

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-19.png

Well, at least he brings a gift. I think Gold Leafs are used for Move Tutors, so its nice to have one. Still, no Poliwag and another Mon weak to flying is not good.

Will I have better luck in Dark Cave? I will divide this zone in 2 areas, since the Mons that appear are a little diffent. (In reality I just want 2 shots at catching a Dunsparce). In this first part of the Cave, Geodude (illegal), Zubat, Teddiursa and Dunsparce appear.
While I run around looking for Mons (only Geodudes have appeared so far), I see Falkner fighting vs an Ursaring:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-20.png

He tells me not to come closer, since its very dark.
Soon after that, I finally see a legal Mon:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-21.png

Well, I now have a full team of 6, but 3 Flying types, 3 Poison types, 2 Grass types and 2 Normal types. At some point my team will not be repeating types, but this is still early game.

I train Vampiresa a little, which proves to be a hard task, since her only move is Absorb.

On my way to Violet City, I see a new trainer:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-22.png

...battle.

He tells me to defeat every trainer in routes 30 and 31 and come back to him.
I think only one more trainer appears in this route, a Bug Catcher. Aragog easily defeats his 3 Caterpies and 1 Weedle, after which I register his number, this Bug Catcher gives Berries sometimes.

I go back to the Air Balloon trainer and challenge him:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-23.png

Oh no, its OU and a some other Tiers corrupt leader Finchinator! How did he get into this game? At least my Mons are not in danger of being unfairly banned like Zygarde or Spectrier, since they are not OU. He leads with a level 8 Geodude floating on Air Balloon. Certainly not a match-up for level 6 Vampiresa, so I switch Dinosorio into... Rollout.
Razor Leaf from Dinosorio should have killed Geodude in regular GSC, but he has Sturdy here and survives, damaging Dinosorio a lot.
Dinosorio kills Geodude with Tackle:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-24.png

Now Dinosorio has to face a level 9 Mareep, who is faster and paralyzes him with Thunder Wave. Dinosorio can,t attack.
Mareep uses Thundershock and takes a Razor Leaf.
Mareep uses Thundershock again and leaves Dinosorio with just 4 HP. The sheep survives another Razor Leaf.

I cannot afford getting critted and losing my starter here, so I switch Nephentes in. Meanwhile, Finch uses a Max Potion on Mareep, fully healing it.
The heal item gives me right to use another one myself, so naturally I heal Dinosorio with a regular Potion. Nephentes takes a Thundershock.
Nephentes takes another Thundershock and uses Vine Whip, getting paralyzed by Static.

I switch Dinosorio back. Having 24 HP, he just loses 3 from Thundershock, that Mareep will need a lot of yellow magic to win.
Mareep uses Thundershock again. Dinosorio crits, but since Overgrow isn,t working, Mareep survives.
Mareep uses Thundershock and survives another Razor Leaf.
Mareep attacks one last time and gets killed by Tackle:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-25.png

Nephentes gains 2 levels and Dinosorio another one. I get Air Balloon from Finch as a price for winning this tough battle.

I reach Violet City and explore it. In the house vanilla Crystal had a trade of Bellsprout for Onix, the trainer now wants Poliwag instead and offers Voltorb, would have been handy for Falkner.
The teacher from the school gives me a new Key item, a Type Chart. As you can see, its updated to Gen 6-8:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-26.png

Another cool feature from this game is that overworld sprites are unique to each Mon unlike vanilla Crystal:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-27.png

I briefly visit the Sprout Tower, just to catch a Mon. Bellsprout is a new Mon that appears here, but since I have it and Gastly is forbidden, the only Mon I am allowed to catch is...

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-28.png

Everyone's favorite rodent has increased Stats in this game, with an actual good 107 Speed. Guts is the best ability and since I need to make my team as unique as posible, Peste replaces Nephentes. By the way, its time to show a modern world PC, this is something even Midele Crystal didn,t have:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-29.png

My next goal is Route 36. Here during the day only 3 Mons appear, those being Pidgey, Bellsprout and a very important Mon that by Stats should be OU, but fortunately for me, it failed to be there every single Gen:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-30.png

Intimidate is a very valuable ability and unlike in vanilla Crystal, Growlithe has the movepool to abuse it well. Growly replaces Juan Palomo in the team.

I then go to Route 32 and discover that unlike in vanilla Crystal, I can access Grass here before challenging Falkner. This means, I have a chance to get Mareep, which vs Falkner would be very useful. What I get instead is this:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-31.png

Its funny how Quagsire was a relevant OU threat in every single gen, yet did never get the right usage. Well, to my team it goes, replacing Vampiresa.

The last place I visit is Ruins of Alph. There is a new cave there, though I can,t enter for now:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-32.png

The usual rooms are still accesible though and the first thing I do is use an Escape Rope to enter a secret room, getting a Sitrus Berry, a Lum Berry, an Energy Powder and a Heal Powder. Then I solve the Kabuto Puzzle:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-33.png

This allows me to catch an Unown:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-34.png

Unown hasn,t been improved in any way, no new moves, no upgraded Stats, no new ability. However, Based enters the team in the place of Peste, since later it won,t be possible to use it.

Finishing the chapter here.

Chapter 3. Based badge.

Before my next challenge, I train my team until level 8 at least. In the process, Aragog learns a new move exclusive to this game, Glare.
After that, I go to the Sprout Tower. None of the elders there poses any threat to my teams and I reach the leader of them, just after he loses to Shiyo.

In this game, Elder Li has a different sprite from his underlings:

Elder Li leads with a Hoothoot. My lead is Axolote, who is asleep from a previous battle. Hoothoot starts using Growl while Axolote is still asleep.
Hoothoot uses Peck, which makes Axolote wake up and attack with Water Gun.
Hoothoot uses Hypnosis and sends Axolote back to sleep.
Hoothoot uses Peck.
Hoothoot uses Peck again. Axolote wakes up and uses Water Gun.
Next Peck leaves Axolote in red. He attacks with Water Gun, but Hoothoot still has enough health left.

I send my own Hoothoot Hedwing to take the next Peck.
Hedwig uses Tackle and gets the attack lowered by Growl.
Hedwig finishes opposing Hoothoot with another Tackle:

Axolote grows to Level 9 and learns... Scary Face? In what world a Wooper looks scary? Meanwhile, Elder Li sends a level 10 Bellsprout, who damages Hedwig hard with Vine Whip and takes Peck.

I switch Growly in, intimidating Bellsprout and taking Vine Whip.
Growly takes another Vine Whip and crits with Ember... which Bellsprout surprisingly survives. What IVs does Growly have?
Elder Li heals Bellsprour with a Super Potion. The flower takes less than half from Ember.
After taking another Vine Whip, Growly does more damage than before and defeats Bellsprout:

Last Mon is a level 7 Gastly. It uses Lick and gets very damaged by Bite.
Gasly uses Lick again and Growly eats him:

Elder Li gives me Flash, which is a TM in this game.

I teach Flash to Axolote and go to Dark Cave to illuminate it. I see the end of the battle of Falkner vs Ursaring:

Falkner explains me that the Ursaring was attacking weak trainers, so he as a Gym Leader had to do something about it. After that, he returns to his Gym.

Time to challenge Falkner. Since I know he has 3 Mons, I have to leave half of my team at the PC. Growly, Hedwig and Based are the ones to stay.

After a short training, I enter the Gym. There, I easily defeat both trainers, who just use Pidgeys and Hoothoots.

After giving the Oran Berries to my 3 Mons, battle vs Falkner begins:

Falkner leads with Pidgey vs Hedwig, who sleeps it with Hypnosis.
Hedwig uses Tackle. Pidgey wakes up and uses the same move.
Hedwig sleeps Pidgey again.
Hedwig uses Tackle. Pidgey wakes up again and uses Tackle, triggering Oran Berry.
Hedwig uses Tackle. Once again, Pidgey gets only one turn sleep, so he wakes up... and uses Roost. Fuck, Pidgeotto with this move is going to be really tough to break, even with Based having Hidden Power Electric. I am really scared and the big bird isn,t on the screen yet.

I switch Growly in. Pidgey finally doesn,t wake up early.
Growly uses Bite. Pidgey wakes up and ignores Intimidate by using Gust.
Growly finishes Pidgey:

Both Growly and Hedwig level up, but that might not be enough vs Pidgeotto, who is finally here.

I switch Hedwig back, taking a massive Quick Attack.
Hedwig survives another Quick Attack with just 1 HP and sleeps Pidgeotto.

I switch Growly in again.
Growly uses a free Ember.
Growly uses another free Ember.
Falkner heals Pidgeotto with Super Potion. This will allow me to use a regular Potion later, since I don,t have a Super one.
Pidgeotto finally wakes up and like Pidgey, ignores Intimidate by using Gust.
Pidgeotto uses Gust again and forces Growly to consume the Oran Berry. Growly burns Pidgeotto with Ember.
Pidgeotto heals with Roost and takes an Ember.

Ok, its a good moment to finally send Based. Pidgeotto heals with Roost.
Pidgeotto uses Gust and gets obliterated by a crit Hidden Power Electric:

Falkner sends his last Pokemon, just a Hoothoot. This is enough to change the music to Last Pokemon from BW, but it won,t be a climatic ending, Based is just too Based.
Based uses Hidden Power, and since he is Based, avoids Hypnosis.
Based finishes the battle:

Falkner gives me the Badge and the Roost TM. I lucked out this battle, but that Roost Pidgeotto could have been very dangerous otherwise.

Since Based was the MVP, I naturally wanted to search a gif of him, but found something different, apparently this is a f***ing NFT:

Who the hell does NFT of an Unown? Thats Cringe, not Based.

Anyway, finishing the chapter here by showing how the team survived the Gym battle:

Chapter 4. Fellow Nuzzlocke trainer.

When I get out of the Gym, Elm's assistant gives me the Togepi egg. I decide to hatch it as soon as possible, using the Turbo Mode of the Emulator:

Now, I can,t actually use this Togepi, since Togekiss was OU in DPP. However, I do get the Everstone when I show Togepi to Elm... which is a pretty useless item, but hey, its something.

Its time to reorganize the team. Even though Based was the MVP vs Falkner, he goes to the PC with the Togepi. If he ever leaves the PC, that would mean I am in desperate situation.
I take Dinosorio (Chikorita), Aragog (Spinarak), Vampiresa (Zubat) and Axolote from the PC.

After a short training (Bugsy's ace is just at level 17, I need to not overlevel that, lol), I continue my journey. On route 32 I already caught a Mon (Axolote), but there is still something to do:

...all the trainers on this route.

After beating them, I will be able to face him and get Miracle Seed for Dinosorio.
The first trainer is a Youngster with Rattata and Zubat, both beaten by Aragog.

...as everyone else.

Even though I defeated him, this guy has style and a bright future.

Next trainer of the route is a familiar face:

Before the battle, we hear a strange noise.

Lyra guides me to a gap between the trees where the noise came from:

...the trees.

Apparently Hidden Grottos are a thing in this game. According to Lyra some rare Pokemon appear there. Now what policy should I apply to Hidden Grottos? I think I will treat them as the Grass (or Water) encounter of the route. Meaning that in this route I can,t catch anything in the Grotto. Anyway, the Mon that is in this one is one I already have:

It looks like a Shiny, but its a regular Wooper. I let it live.

By the way, Lyra has already left and didn,t want to battle me.
I continue exploring route 32, which has some changes:

Next trainer I face is a Picknicker with a female Nidoran, Vampiresa eats it.
A camper uses the male variant, which Vampiresa also eats.
A youngster tries to hax me with Mud Slap Wooper, this must be the only time Absorb does something relevant for Aragog.

Dinosorio finally sees use vs the 3 Fishermens. Well, only vs 2 of them, their 2 Poliwags and a Chinchou are no match, just like the 4 Magikarps of the other one can,t beat Aragog.

I reach the Pokemon Center of this route and get the Old Rod there, though won,t use it for now.
The last trainer of Route 32 is a Birdkeeper with 2 Pidgeys and a Hoothoot, all defeated by Vampiresa.

Before challenging the boss trainer I go to Union Cave. There is only one Mon I can catch there since I have Rattata, Zubat and Wooper, while Geodude and Onix are illegal:

Sandshrew and Sandslash have not been improved, except by getting the later Gens moves and better level up movepool (seriously, vanilla GSC one is horrible). Arenosa stays at the PC, since I already have Axolote as the Ground type. Funnily enough, Sandslash is BANNED from BW OU, but it has never been OU or Uber. This is because both Sand Veil and Sand Rush are banned abilities (2 Bans I disagree with).

With everything done, I go to face the Miracle Seed trainer:

Petrie lead with a level 11 Bellsprout vs Vampiresa. Before the battle he told me that he has defeated Falkner, I doubt that Bellsprout had something to do with it. Vampiresa uses Bite while Bellsprout boosts with Growth.
Vampiresa uses another Bite and gets put to Sleep with Sleep Powder.
Bellsprout uses Vine Whip.
Bellsprout uses another Vine Whip.
Bellsprout continues attacking.
Vampiresa wakes up and uses Roost, taking another Vine Whip.
Vampiresa flinches Bellsrpout with Bite.
Vampiresa continues using Bite and takes another Vine Whip.
Vampiresa kills Bellsprout:

Vampiresa grows to level 13 and learns Gust, finally a STAB. Petrie meanwhile sends his own Zubat. Vampiresa heals with Roost and takes a Bite.
Vampiresa uses Gust and takes Bite.
Vampiresa uses another Gust and takes another Bite, eating an Oran Berry.
Vampiresa continues using Bite and taking Bite.
Vampiresa heals with Roost and takes another Bite.
Vampiresa wins the Zubat duel:

Petrie finally sends his ace, a level 14 Bulbasaur. Ok, this one has higher level than Falkner's Pidgeotto, but I still fail to see how did he win.
Bulbasaur uses Leech Seed while Vampiresa heals with Roost.

I switch Aragog to take a Vine Whip.
Bulbasaur uses Mud Slap and is paralyzed by Glare.
Aragog uses Wrap and takes another Mud Slap.
Aragog uses Poison Sting. Bulbasaur uses Mud Slap again, Aragog eats an Oran Berry.
Aragog uses Poison Sting, Bulbasaur crits with Mud Slap.

Probably I will start missing moves soon, so I switch Hedwig into the next Mud Slap.
Petrie uses Max Potion on Bulbasaur, who takes a Peck.
Hedwig uses another Peck and gets slept by Sleep Powder.

Ok, I am tired of this. Growly goes in, taking a Vine Whip.
Growly finishes the battle with Ember:

I get Miracle Seed as the prize for winning and give it to Dinosorio. Still, I don,t know how this guy defeated Falkner, it makes no sense. Maybe he is a Nuzlocker too and lost the Mon that defeated that stally Pidgeotto.

Now I can go to Union Cave again. There, I find the Swift TM, teaching it to Hedwig, whose Special Attack is higher than Physical one.
The trainers of Union Cave are all weak and I defeat them, after which I go out on the other side, arriving to Route 33.

I check the legal Mons I can catch here. Not counting the ones I already have, Ekans and Sunkern appear during the Morning and Day. At night Oddish is the only possible encounter. Ekans would be the preferable encounter, but I don,t want to risk Sunkern, so I go for the middle-ground and catch an Oddish at night:

Something weird has been done to this line. In vanilla games, both Vileplume and Bellosom have 490 BST. Here, Vileplume has 500, but Bellosom has 510. On top of that, Bellosom is Grass-Fairy, just like Meganium. Definetely there is some favoritism here. In any case, Maria stays at the PC for now.

I arrive to Azalea Town. Before saving the Slowpokes, I go to Ilex Forest. On the entrance, there is a Professor Oak's aide that wants to give me something if I catch 15 different Pokemon. For now I only have 13, but in Ilex Forest I can get the 14th one.

Many legal Bugs appear in Ilex Forest and also Psyduck, which is the reason I make my catch at night. The catch is not Psyduck though:

Unfortunately Quiver Dance does not exist in this game. Bug Buzz, however, is present and Venomoth gained 25 points in Special Attack. For now Tximeleta stays at the PC.

I visit Kurt's house so that he goes to battle vs the Rockets and Slowpoke's Well. Before going there, I buy a Charcoal at the Pokemon Mart and give it to Growly.

Also, before going to Slowpoke's Well I finish this chapter, its already long enough. Hopefully in the next one battles are going to be more interesting.

Chapter 5. The broken mantis has no mercy.

Before facing the Rockets, I catch a Mon at Slowpoke's Well. What Mon can a catch at such a place?

At some point in SS, Slowking was the only S Rank in OU, but those days are gone and nowadays he is a very underrated UU Mon. In other gens, Slowking has always been overshadowed by the Bro, so he is a legal Mon here. Of course, right before a Bug Gym is certainly not a good moment to put Shellhead in the team.

Time to face the Rockets. First one has a Rattata defeated by Aragog and a Meowth beaten by Axolote.
Second Rocket has her Zubat and Ekans eaten by Vampiresa.
Aragog defeats the Rattata of the third Rocket grunt, while Vampiresa takes out another Zubat and a Gastly.

The last Rocket is not a nameless grunt like in vanilla Crystal, but Executive Proton:

His Mons are underleveled though. Proton leads with a level 10 Zubat. Since it knows Absorb, I switch Axolote out and send Vampiresa.
Vampiresa uses Gust and gets confused by Supersonic.

Hedwig comes in, immune to Astonish.
Hedwig uses Swift and is confused too.

I switch back to Vampiresa, taking Absorb.
Vampiresa defeats opposing Zubat with Gust:

Proton sends a Qwilfish. It uses Minimize and barely gets damaged by Bite.
Qwilfish uses Tackle and gets crit by Bite, which still does low damage.
Qwilfish uses Minimize again, Vampiresa heals with Roost.
Qwilfish uses Tackle, Vampiresa misses Bite.
Qwilfish uses Tackle, Vampiresa heals with Roost.
Qwilfish uses Tackle and avoids Bite again.
Qeilfish uses Tackle, Vampiresa heals with Roost.
Qwilfish uses Tackle, Vampiresa damages it with Bite.
Some turns later, Qwilfish uses a new move, Defense Curl. I start using Gust after that.
Qwilfish eventually manages to outstall all Roost PPs. I have to switch Hedwig in, taking Tackle.
Hedwig takes another Tackle and kills Qwilfish with Swift:

Last Mon is Koffing. Hedwig heals with Roost and takes Acid.
Hedwig uses Swift and takes another Acid.
Hedwig heals with Roost and takes a crit Acid.
Hedwig uses Swift and gets damaged again.
Proton uses Hyper Potion on Koffing. Hedwig heals too.
Hedwig uses Swift. Koffing tries to hax with Smokescreen, but Hedwig has Keen Eye. This is one of the few times that ability actually works.
Hedwig uses Swift and takes another Acid.
Hedwig uses Swift, taking Acid.
Koffing reveals Endure, surviving the next Swift.
Hedwig finally finishes the battle:

Rockets leave. I leave too with Kurt, who gives me an Apricorn Box. I pick the 2 White Apricorns on the tree behind the house, and Kurt makes me 2 Fast Balls. I don,t have to wait for them unlike in vanilla Crystal.

I now can challenge Bugsy, but prefer to challenge Shiyo first... though in this game he doesn,t appear in this town. Probably he will come after I defeat Bugsy.
What does appear, is the lost Farfetch'd of Ilex Forest. I find it and get the Cut HM. Cut is a Steel type move in this game.
I also get 5 Nest Balls from Oak's aide for having caught 15 Pokemon.

Its time to face Bugsy. He has 4 Mons, so I have to leave 2 out. Those will be Axolote and Dinosorio. Fortunately, this is the last Gym of Johto where Dinosorio is totally useless, from here it becomes easier.
Gym trainers pose no trouble and I get to Bugsy pretty fast:

Bugsy leads with Butterfree vs Hedwig. Butterfree damages Hedwig hard with Confusion, but takes a hard Peck too.
Once again not having Insomnia hurts Hedwig, Butterfree sleeps him with Sleep Powder.
Butterfree uses Confusion. Hedwig stays asleep, but eats Sitrus Berry.
Butterfree uses Confusion again. Hedwig stays asleep.
I have no choice but to sack Hedwig:

RIP Hedwig. First death of the run.

I send Growly and check Butterfree's Stats. Its Bug Psychic and has a Special Attack and Special Defense of 110 in this game. The physical Defense is still 50 though, so after taking a Confusion, Growly kills Butterfree with Bite:

Growly levels up. I need him for Scyther, so vs the Beedrill Bugsy sends, I switch Aragog in. Beedrill boosts with Defense Curl meanwhile.
Beedrill uses Fury Strikes. Its a new move that replaces both Fury Attack and Fury Sweeps. Aragog paralyzes Beedrill with Glare.

I switch Vampiresa in, taking 2 Fury Strikes.
Vampires crits with Gust and gets a String Shot.
Beedrill is faster despite the paralisis and would attack first if not for it. Vampiresa fires another Gust.
Beedrill continues being paralized and gets killed by Gust:

Bugsy sends a Yanma as his third Mon. It uses Double Team and gets damaged by Gust.
Yanma uses Sonic Bomb and avoids Gust. Vampiresa heals with Oran Berry.
Yanma uses Sonic Bomb, Vampiresa heals with Roost.
Yanma misses Sonic Bomb, Vampiresa heals again.
Yanma uses Sonic Bomb. Vampiresa leaves it in red with Gust.
Yanma misses again, Vampiresa heals.
Yanma hits, but dies from Gust:

The ace Scyther finally comes. I switch Growly in... but Vampiresa takes Pursuit:

RIP Vampiresa.
Fuck that move, this is a very evil and unexpected kill.

Growly comes in and intimidates the broken mantis. Scyther uses Leer and gets damaged by Ember.
Scyther uses a powerful STAB U-Turn, heavily damaging Growly. Fortunately, Growly burns with Ember. Scyther eats a Sitrus Berry after that.
Scyther uses another U-Turn and the battle finishes:

Bugsy gives me the badge and the U-Turn TM, though my one use was killed by Scyther. This was truly a very dangerous battle:

I think that with Glare + Night Shade + Oran Berry, Aragog could have won vs an intimidated Scyther, but the burn definetely saved Growly. 2 deaths are surely bad enough.

Chapter 6. The fire extinguisher.

Dinosorio (Chikorita) and Axolote (Wooper) go back to the team. With them, JuanPalomo (Pidgey) and Shellhead (Slowpoke) join too. These 2 need to be trained a little.
After the training I go to Ilex Forest, but...

Shiyo leads with Gastly vs JuanPalomo. The ghost uses Curse and takes a Gust.

Shiyo withdraws Gastly and sends Geodude, who takes another Gust.

JuanPalomo uses U-Turn and its Dinosorio the one who takes Rollout.
Dinosorio kills Geodude with Razor Leaf:

Shiyo sends Zubat. I switch Growly in, taking Gust.
Despite having 2 less levels, Zubat is faster and uses Supersonic. Growly manages to git with Ember.

I switch Shellhead in, right into a Bite.
Zubat not only leaves Shellhead in red, but it flinches it too.

I switch Aragog in, taking Bite.
Zubat uses Supersonic and is paralyzes by Glare.

I send Growly again, taking Gust.
Growly uses Ember and avoids Supersonic.
Growly finishes Zubat:

Gastly comes back. I send JuanPalomo, watching the ghost suicide from Curse:

Finally, the Quilava appears. I send Axolote, who takes a lot from Ember.
Quilava uses Leer and is damaged by Mud Slap.
Quilava damages Axolote hard with Quick Attack and takes another Mud Slap.

I send Growly to Intimidate Quilava and take another Quick Attack.
Quilava uses my own tactics with Smokescreen. Growly doesn,t miss Bite though.

I send Aragog into the next Smokescreen.

I switch Growly back, avoiding Ember.
Growly avoids Smokescreen and bites Quilava, who eats an Oran Berry.
Growly avoids Ember and bites Quilava again.
Quilava uses Smokescreen and resists Bite in red.
Shiyo heals Quilava, who takes another Bite.
I heal Shellhead. Growly takes an Ember.
Growly avoids Smokescreen and uses Bite.
Growly avoids Ember and uses Bite again.
Growly takes Ember and mises Bite.

Shellhead takes the next Ember and is burned by it.
Shellhead avoids Ember and uses Water Gun, leaving Quilava in red.
Quilava launches one last Blaze powered Ember and finally dies:

Despite no deaths, this was very intense battle, especially Quilava, vs who I had to use 5 different Mons to win:

Now, I need Cut to get through Ilex Forest. Only Dinosorio can learn Cut in my team, so I replace him by Nephentes, who I teach the move to.
Nephentes cuts the tree and I put him back into PC, taking Dinosorio. The tree doesn,t grow back.

In Ilex Forest I see a rock:

Everyone knows what Mon evolves here.

I also find the guy who teaches Headbutt. Its not a TM anymore, but a Tutor, he wants a Silver Leaf. I have one that I found in this forest and teach the move to Growly.

I go back to Azalea Town and use Headbutt on a tree to catch...

Surprisingly, Arbok didn,t get better Stats or typing in this game. The movepool doesn,t improve much either, but at least Intimidate is still one of the best abilities.

I defeat the only trainer of Ilex Forest and leave it on the other side. A girl gives me the False Swipe TM, which I don,t really need.
I arrive to Route 34. Here a lot of new Mons can be caught: Jigglypuff and Ditto appear at any time of the day, Snubbul appears during the Morning and Day, while Drowzee and Alolan Rattata appear at night. Snubbul looks like the best Mon, since it has Intimidate. And this time I am lucky:

Won,t look the Stats for now, since I don,t want to go through Ilex Forest again.

I start beating the route 34 trainers. One of them is Picknicker Gina, whose number I add, since she will sometimes pick evolution stones.
Then I find the boss trainer of this route:

...everyone else here first!

He also implies to have the Coin Case for the Casino.

Before I have the chance to search for the remaining trainers, I see Lyra at the Daycare:

Lyra wants to show her grandpa how strong we can battle:

My team is not fully healthy but not very damaged either. Lyra leads with a Pidgey vs Shellhead. It uses Gust and its damaged by Confusion.

I switch JuanPalomo in for a Pidgey duel. He takes crit Gust.
Lyra's Pidgey is faster and uses Gust again. JuanPalomo heals with Roost.
JuanPalomo uses Quick Attack and takes Gust.
JuanPalomo takes Gust and uses Roost.
Lyra's Pidgey continues using Gust, JuanPalomo heals again.
JuanPalomo uses Quick Attack and takes another Gust.
JuanPalomo wins the Pidgey duel:

Mareep comes next. I switch Axolote into Spark.
Unfortunately, Axolote has spent all the Mud Slap PPs already. Meanwhile, Mareep has that move and makes Water Gun miss.
Mareep uses Mud Slap again. This time Axolote hits, but without dealing high damage.
Axolote is left in red after the next Mud Slap but hits another Water Gun.

I send JuanPalomo on the next Mud Slap.
JuanPalomo uses U-Turn and Dinosorio comes in, though its paralyzed with Spark.
Mareep uses Spark. Dinosorio leaves it in red with Razor Leaf.
Mareep uses Spark again. Dinosorio heals with Healing Light. This move has replaced Synthesis, Morning Sun and Moonlight.
After taking another Spark, Dinosorio defeats Mareep:

Next is Growlithe. I send Growly while the opposing one uses Safeguard.
Lyra's Growlithe is faster and uses Leer. Mine uses Headbutt.
Lyra's Growlithe uses Fire Spin and takes another Headbutt.

And then the tragedy happens. Lyra's Growlithe uses Baton Pass, Croconaw comes into Headbutt. Growly is still trapped.
Croconaw obviously uses Water Gun. Growly survives it, but not the Fire Spin:

RIP Growly.
Imporant loss, he was my strongest Mon at this moment. Evil Trap-Pass Strat does it again.

Safeguard from the opposing team fades away. So, I send Aragog. Croconaw damages it hard with Water Gun, but is paralyzed by Glare.

I send Dinosorio into the next Water Gun.
Croconaw uses Bite. Dinosorio heals, using the last Healing Light PP. It has battled a lot in this route.
Croconaw uses Bite again, surviving Razor Leaf and healing with Gold Berry.
Croconaw uses Bite. Dinosorio is paralyzed and can,t move.
Croconaw uses Bite. Dinosorio misses Razor Leaf.

Dinosorio is in KO range and I don,t want him to die, so Axolote has to die instead:

RIP Axolote. Dinosorio might have survived a regular hit, but certainly not a crit one.

I send Aragog. He uses Absorb and gets Scary Face.
Cronaw now its faster and uses Water Absorb. Aragog survives with just 3 HP and leaves Croconaw in red with Night Shade.

I witch Shellhead in, surviving with 9 HP the Water Gun.
Shellhead lucks this time. Croconaw is faster than him but can,t move due to paralisis. Confusion kills Croconaw:

The Growlithe comes back. It uses the only offensive move it knows, Fire Spin. Shellhead is lucky again and survives with 1 HP, ending the battle:

After this tragic battle, this happens:

Lyra introduces me to her Granpa and Grandma after the battle. Her Grandma jokes about us being and a relationship, which makes Lyra annoyed and me angry after what she has done to my team:

Chapter 7. Capital visit.

To replace my 2 dead Mons I pick Arenosa (Sandshrew) and Sabuesa (Snubbul). But before training either of them, I receive the Egg from Daycare couple and see what hatches from it:

Shiny! Better than 0 IVs, though maybe that feauture was removed in this game. Magmortar is Fire-Fighting in this game and doesn,t have the Speed reduction when evolving from Magmar. For now Krakatoa stays at the PC since I don,t have the means to evolve it anyway.

I train Sabuesa and Arena, discovering that unfortunately Sabuesa has Run Away instead of Intimidate.

After the training, I continue defeating the trainers of Route 34. Arenosa almost dies in the first battle vs a Officer Mara's Growlithe, who again used Fire Spin. Fortunately, it missed the second hit.
The other trainer left has just a Psyduck, which Sabuesa easily defeats.

Time to battle the Boss trainer:

Irving leads with Togetic. It uses Metronome vs Shellhead and attacks with Astonish, taking Confusion.
Togetic uses Headbutt and flinches Shellhead.

Ok, I know where this is going, so I switch Dinosorio in. Togetic uses Metronome and boosts with Bulk Up.
Dinosorio uses Poisonpowder. Togetic uses Metronome and Tackle.
Dinosorio uses Razor Leaf. Togetic confuses him with Sweet Kiss.

I switch JuanPalomo in. Togetic uses Metronome and then Double Team.
JuanPalomo uses Quick Attack and is confused by Sweet Kiss.

Dinosorio comes back, taking Disarming Voice.
Dinosorio heals with Healing Light, taking Disarming Voice.
Dinosorio finished Togetic with Tackle:

Next opponent is a Chansey. Dinosorio misses PoisonPowder but avoids Sweet Kiss.
Dinosorio poisons Chansey and takes Headbutt.
Dinosorio uses Razor Leaf. Chansey heals with Fresh Snack, I think this move replaces Softboiled and Milk Drink.
Dinosorio uses Razor Leaf, Chansey heals again all the damage.
Dinosorio uses Razor Leaf and takes Zen Headbutt.
Chansey misses Sweet Kiss, Dinosorio heals.
Dinosorio uses Razor Leaf and takes another Zen Headbutt.
Dinosorio kills Chansey with Tackle:

Dinosorio grows 2 levels and a half. Now he has to face a Sylveon.
Dinosorio is flinched by Disarming Voice.
Dinosorio is flinchead by Headbutt.
Sylveon uses Attract. Dinosorio can,t attack.

I send Aragog, who takes Disarming Voice.
Sylveon uses Attract. Aragog manages to move and paralyzes it with Glare.

I switch Arenosa in. Sylveon uses Mud Slap.
Arenosa uses Magnitude 10, but Sylveon easily tanks that, with more than half HP left. It uses Mud Slap.

Aragog comes back into Disarming Voice.
Even paralyzed, Sylveon is faster than Aragog and uses Attract. Aragog can,t move.

I switch Sabuesa into Headbutt.
Sabuesa uses Bite. Sylveon can,t move.
Sabuesa uses Bite. Sylveon responds with Headbutt, leaving Sabuesa very damaged.

Dinosorio comes back into Disarming Voice.
Dinosorio heals but Sylveon crits with Headbutt.
Dinosorio heals again, taking Disarming Voice.
Dinosorio misses Razor Leaf and Sylveon Attracts him.

I send Shellhead while Irving heals Sylveon with Max Potion. The nightmare continues.
Sylveon uses Attract, Shellhead can,t attack.

Dinosorio comes into Headbutt.
Dinosorio uses Razor Leaf and is attracted again.

I send Shellhead, taking massive damage from Disarming Voice.

Dinosorio comes back. Sylveon can,t move due to the paralisis.
Dinosorio uses Razor Leaf and takes Headbutt.
Dinosorio uses the last PP of Healing Light and is Attracted.

JuanPalomo comes in, but takes a lot from Disarming Voice.
JuanPalomo heals with Roost and takes Headbutt.
JuanPalomo heals again and is Attracted.

Dinosorio takes Disarming Voice.
Dinosorio uses Razor Leaf and is Attracted again.

JuanPalomo comes in. Sylveon can,t move.
JuanPalomo uses Quick Attack. Sylveon can,t move.
JuanPalomo uses Quick Attack. Sylveon is in red and still can,t move.
JuanPalomo finishes the battle:

I survive the battle with no casualties, but the team ended exhausted, especially Dinosorio PP wise. All my 6 Mons had to face that demon Sylveon.

As a prize for winning, I get a Big Nugget. Finally I can too be reach and waste my money at the Casino.

Finally, I get to Goldenroed City, which has a bigger Pokemon Center:

I explore the building and meet Rangi, the creator of the game:

...your journey through this game!

I also find the Wonder Trade:

Following my rules, I can,t use it before getting to Kanto, though.

There is also this machine that doesn,t work yet:

I then come to the Department Store. Items sold here are mostly the same, but there is also a girl that gives a Berry each day. Today she gives me Rowap Berry.
Since its Weekend, I also get the Return TM and teach it to Dinosorio.

I go to the Bicycle Shop and get the free Bike.

I then visit Bill's house where he Grandpa lives in this game too. He wants to see a Snubbul and gives me an Everstone for it, since I show Sabuesa. He then wants to see a Bellsprout, so I pick Nephentes, receiving Leaf Stone. The next Mon he wants to see, however, is a Staryu, which is illegal for me to have. So, no more Stones for now.

I defeat all the trainers at the Underground and pick the Coin Case. I then go to the Casino to look what Mons are available there for prize...

Everything is illegal. Marowak was OU in GSC and both Alakazam and Clefable were OU at many different Gens.
There 3 TMs as prizes, but I don,t have enough money. There is also a Pay Day Tutor, but I don,t have a Silver Leaf for him.

I visit the Radio Tower and get my Pokegear upgraded. I then check the prizes at Buena's Password:

These are very useful.

There is a new place in the City:

With Surf, its possible to go from here to Olivine City. The woman of the above picture sells some competitive items: I buy a Scope Lens and a Brightpowder, there is not money for more. I give Scope Lens to Arenosa and Brightpowder to Aragog.
A man also offers a Grimer for a Tentacool, but both are illegal for me.

Back at Goldenrod City, I discover another new place:

I can,t go to the tunnel and can,t break the rock either without Rock Smash. None of my Mons know Headbutt to hit those trees, but I take note to return here when I have the available Moves.

The guard of the gate North of Goldenrod City still wants me to give a letter to his friend at Route 32. However, Spearow is not in this game. What Pokemon does the guard give then?

Farfetch'd has improved a lot. In this game he is Fighting-Flying and has improved almost 80 points in Stats, having a total of 450. 110 Attack and 105 Speed is legit good, so, considering the demon cow is close, Kenya enters the team in the place of JuanPalomo.

After a short training of Kenya (which due to the boosted experience is really short), I go to Route 35. There, I avoid all the trainers and go straight to the Grass. Female Nidoran, Jigglypuff, Ditto and Yanma are the legal Mons here. At night Drowzee appears too, but I prefer either Nidoran or Yanma. And this is what I catch:

Not much to say here. The 2 reasons for which Nidoqueen has never been OU are: 1) Nidoking existing and 2) Nidoqueen being discovered at DPP after the Gen ended. This also means that for this game, Nidoqueen is one of the best available Mons.

I defeat all the trainers of Route 35. One remarcable thing was a Breeder with a Magby and a...

A Shiny Elekid. She must have got him from a Daycare Egg too.
After defeating this Breeder I find the Hone Claws TM. I teach the move to Arenosa.

I enter the National Park. Here I can get 2 Mons, since encounters work differently in Bug Catcher Contest. Today I will just get 1 Mon, since despite being Saturday, for some reason the game shows that its Sunday.
Before catching a Mon I get the Quick Claw and give it to Sabuesa.
Outside of the Bug Catching contest, Bugs still appear at National Park: Weedle, Caterpie, Ledyba and the already caught Spinarak and Venonat. Apart from them I can also get a Sentret or a Psyduck. This one is a guaranted encounter at night and I go for it.

I beat the trainers at the National Park. During the battles vs them, Sabuesa rose to level 19 and learned Headbutt. This means I will be able to catch a Mon at Goldenrod City.
I also find a Shiny Stone and Dig TM at Nation Park. I teach Dig to Aragog, Shellhead, Arenosa and Sabuesa, certainly a useful TM.

I visit Route 36. I already caught a Mon here, but there are 2 trainers to beat, one of them being Schoolboy Alan, who sometimes gives Evolution Stones.

Finishing the chapter here, its already very long. There are still some things to do before Gym 3, but this is what waits me at the end of the next chapter:

Chapter 8. The Milky Way.

There are still some things to do before challenging Whitney. First I use Headbutt in trees of Goldenrod City, but no Mon appears in 5 minutes. I do however get a lot of Gold and Silver Leafs, so Move Tutors won,t be a problem now.

I then go back to Nation Park. On the West of it there is a new way... to Olivine City:

Of course, the Main part of the City is separated from Water, I can,t go there. However, there are trees to hit with Sabuesa and I catch this Mon:

Surprisingly, Persian isn,t OU in RBY as one could expect. Even more surprisingly, he didn,t get the Stats increased in this game. Therefore, Kitto it's not a good Mon.

I explore the accesible part of Olivine City and only see this:

...Started!

Oh, really? I didn,t play HGGS, so if this is built, I can have some fun in the future.

To the South of Olivine City, there is a new route, Route 35 Coast. There I challenge a innocent looking girl, only to meet this:

All my team is at level 19, except Aragog who is at 20. I am in big trouble. Espeon uses Swift and damages Shellhead a lot. Dig from Shellhead doesn,t do much.

I switch Dinosorio into Quick Attack.
Espeon reveals Psybeam, dealing massive damage. Dinosorio heals.
Espeon uses Double Kick. Dinosorio heals again.
Espeon uses Quick Attack. Dinosorio damages it with Razor Leaf.
Espeon uses Psybeam. Dinosorio heals.
Espeon uses Double Kick. Dinosorio heals again.
Espeon uses Swift. Dinosorio crits with Razor Leaf
Espeon uses Double Kick. Dinosorio heals, using the last PP of Healing Light.
Espeon uses Quick Attack. Dinosorio leaves it in red with Razor Leaf.
Espeon uses another Quick Attack. Dinosorio finishes it with Return:

I have been lucky with the bad AI, but the battle isn,t over. The trainer sends a Togetic.
Dinosorio poisons Togetic and is confused by Sweet Kiss.

I send Sabuesa into Dizzy Punch.
Togetic tries to use Encore and gets hit by Headbutt.
Togetic uses Sweet Kiss and gets hit again.

Arenosa comes into Dizzy Punch and is confused too.
Togetic mises Dizzy Punch, meaning it has Hustle. Arenosa finishes the battle with Rapid Spin:

Lass Rose was an intellegently set trap to be a Nuzlocke ender. Fortunately, her AI was bad, so Espeon only uses Psybeam twice. Otherwise, it would have swept my entire team.

Next trainer of the route has weak Pidgey and Pidgeotto that I easily defeat.

But then, I face 2 students (in a future Gen this would have been a Double Battle) that lead with a level 24 Ivysaur. I switch Arenosa out and send Aragog into Razor Leaf.

Ivysaur damages Aragog a lot with Take Down but is paralyzed by Glare.

I switch Kenya in, getting a crit from Take Down.
Kenya heals with Roost but ends up in red from another Take Down.
Kenya heals again. Ivysaur can,t move.
Kenya uses Aerial Ace. Ivysaur suicides using Take Down:

The other Mon the students send is a level 20 Bulbasaur. Kenya heals and avoids Poison Powder.
Kenya OHKOs the Bulbasaur with Aerial Ace:

Route 35 Coast leads to nowhere. Well, it does lead somewhere, but most of the route is water. There are some trees to use Headbutt on however, so I do catch a Mon:

Kanto Exeggutor has been OU first 2 Gens, but Alolan one never was (though it was decent in SM and still viable in Zygarde SS Meta). For now I don,t have the item that evolves it, so in the PC it stays.

I set my PC's time to night and easily defeat one police officer on Route 35 and another one inside the National Park.

I then change my PC's date to tomorrow, so that for the game its Tuesday. This allows me to participate in Bug Catching Contest. This is what I catch there:

As already seen vs Bugsy, Butterfree is a lot better in this game, though Quiver Dance isn,t present. Unfortunately I don,t win the Bug Catching Contest, but I do get a Shed Shell, which I probably won,t ever use.

Its time to challenge Whitney. She has 4 Mons, so I have to use 4 too. Dinosorio and Kenya are obvious choices. Aragog is an obvious no, at this point he is too weak to face a Miltank and since he evolves at level 22 and Miltank is at 21, I can,t use him. Between the other 3 I choose Arenosa for being the bulkiest one and Shellhead due to having Growl (his offensive power is pathetic, but he can endure a few hits).

After defeating the trainers of the Gym, the battle for the badge begins:

Despite being a Normal Gym, Whitney still uses a Clefairy. This isn,t good for my lead Kenya, so she uses U-Turn and Dinosorio is the one who takes Disarming Voice.
Dinosorio misses Razor Leaf and takes another hit.
Dinosorio uses Razor Leaf. Clefairy uses Metronome and...

Dinosorio almost dies.
Dinosorio heals and takes another Disarming Voice.
Dinosorio heals again and...

Gets paralyzed. Very bad news, fuck Clefairy.
Clefairy uses Disarming Voice and survives Razor Leaf.
Clefairy uses Disarming Voice, Dinosorio heals.
Clefairy uses Disarming Voice again and dies from Return:

Teddiursa comes next. I think a very evil plan and send Shellhead into Scratch.
Teddiursa uses Attract and gets a Growl.
Unfortunately Teddiursa has Feint Attack and Shelldhead can,t move.

I send Arenosa into the next Feint Attack, but realize that my plan of using Rapid Spin and 6 Hone Claws won,t work.

So, Kenya comes into Feint Attack.
Kenya uses Karate Chop and takes Scratch.
Kenya heals with Roost and takes another Scratch.
Kenya kills Teddiursa with Aerial Ace:

Whitney sends a Munchlax. Kenya uses Karate Chop and takes Rollout.
Kenya heals and takes the second hit of Rollout.
Kenya kills Munchlax:

Finally, the evil cow, nightmare of many newbie players comes. Kenya crits with Karate Chop, but Miltank then boosts the Defense with Defense Curl.
Kenya crits again and the battle ends:

Whitney gives me the Badge and the useless Attract TM. An easy Gym Battle for once, Kenya had too big of a type advantage and luck too. Clefairy ended up being the most threatening Mon for my team:

Finishing the chapter here. Next one will be on Wednesday the earliest.

Chapter 9. The song of the dead.

I leave Whitney's Gym, but not before admiring this simp:

He should visit Celadon City and meet the other, older simp.

Sabuesa (Snubbul) and Aragog (Spinarak) are added back to the team. I then go and catch one of these:

Usually the worst Rock type in existance, in this game Sudowoodo its probably still the worst, though he did gain a 50 points Stats increase and some movepool aditions, like Close Combat. For now Palote stays at the PC.

I get a Brick Break MT from the guy that usually gives Rock Smash, he tells me that it can be used to break rocks. I also get Hard Stone from Arthur, who happens to be at the same route.
I then go to Route 32 with Nephentes, cut a tree and get the Roar TM.

I teach Brick Break to Arenosa, Sabuesa, Kenya and Dinosorio, who learns the move too in this game. I then go back to Goldenrod and break the rocks there... which unfortunately doesn,t give me access to any new area:

Idk why the Rocks are there. According to the map, there is an area named Magnet Tunnel here, but I can,t into it.

Well, time to continue my journey. I reach Route 37 and catch a Mon there (hoping for Houndour, since Morty is soon to be faced):

I already had a Hoothoot, but he never evolved. Just like Hedwig, Sova has Keen Eye as the ability instead of the more useful Insomnia.

On route 37 there is a Boss trainer:

I easily defeat a Medium with a Drowzee and Twins with Mareep and Marill. But the last 2 trainers give me threatening vibes:

I have to face them in a row. Beauty Callie has 2 Mons, first of which is a level 16 Clefable. It uses Minimize and avoids Headbutt from Sabuesa.
Clefable uses Minimize again. Sabuesa hits this time.
Clefable uses Metronome and misses Hydro Pump. Sabuesa misses Headbutt.
Clefable uses Metronome and hits Swagger. Sabuesa doesn,t hit herself, but doesn,t hit Clefable either.

I send Shellhead, who takes Double Edge, triggered by Metronome.
Clefable uses Metronome and then Foresight. Shellhead hits Confusion.
Clefable uses Metronome and gives me some money with Pay Day. Shellhead misses.
Clefable hits 5 Double Slaps and gets hit by Confusion.
Clefable uses Minimize and avoids Confusion.
Despite being at +6, Clefable uses Minimize again and gets hit by Confusion.
Clefable dumbly uses Minimize again, but avoids Confusion.
Clefable uses Metronome and damages Shellhead hard with Feint Attack, avoiding Confusion.

Ok, I am tired of this. I send Kenya, who gets hit my Peck, triggered by Metronome.
Kenya ignores the Evasion and kills Clefable with Aerial Ace:

The other Mon of Callie is a Wigglytuff. Kenya has 7 levels advantage and kills it with Aerial Ace + Brick Break.

Now I have to face Beauty Cassandra, who leads with another level 16 Clefable. It uses Sing, sleeping Sabuesa.
Clefable uses Minimize.
Clefable uses Metronome... and BELLY DRUM. Sabuesa is still asleep.
Clefable misses Double Slap. Sabuesa wakes up and hits it with Headbutt.
Sabuesa misses Headbutt. Clefable uses Metronome and paralyzes Sabuesa with Thunder Wave.
Clefable uses Double Slap and gets 2 hits. Sabuesa kills it with Headbutt:

The other Mon is Wigglytuff again. I send Arenosa, who takes 3 Double Slaps.
Arenosa uses Dig. Wigglytuff boosts with Defense Curl.
Arenosa uses Dig and gets hit by 3 Double Slaps.
Arenosa uses Brick Break, but Wiggly is still alive, though it misses Sing.
Arenosa finishes this set of 2 battles:

Now, after this Metronome madness I need to face the boss trainer:

Before battling, Chiara tells me that she uses Binding Band, which is a very scary technique for Nuzlocke. Chiara leads with Weepinbell. I switch Sabuesa out and send Kenya, who is trapped by Wrap.
Kenya crits with Aerial Ace, killing Weepinbell:

Azumarill comes in. Kenya escapes with U-Turn. Dinosorio comes into Aqua Tail.
Dinosorio uses Razor Leaf... but Azumarill has Sap Sipper and traps Dinosorio with Whirlpool.
Dinosorio misses Poison Powder... and gets sentenced.

Fuck. Didn,t expect to lose my starter this early. Dinosorio heals with Healing Light and gets hit by a crit Acua Tail.
Dinosorio heals again and gets hit again. And then...

Binding Band increases the trapping damage but not the duration of it. I have been very lucky and Dinosorio has been released before the last turn of Perish Song.

So, I switch Dinosorio out and send Shellhead. Chiara meanwhile switches Azumarill out and sends Charmeleon.
Charmeleon uses Smokescreen and gets hit by Water Gun.
Charmeleon uses Smokescreen again and gets in yellow range.
Charmeleon uses Dragon Rage, heavily damaging Shellhead, who lands another Water Gun.

Since Shellhead is in KO range, I send Kenya. Meanwhile, Chiara heals Charmeleon with Max Potion.
Kenya uses Brick Break and its trapped by Fire Spin.
Kenya crits with Brick Break, killing Charmeleon:

Azumarill comes back. Kenya heals with Roost and takes Aqua Tail.
Kenya heals again, taking another hit, this time crit.
Kenya heals and takes yet another Aqua Tail.
Kenya uses Aerial Ace, Azumarill continues using Aqua Tail.
Kenya heals and takes another hit.
Kenya heals, Azumarill continues the offensive.
Kenya crits Aerial Ace but Azumarill survives and damages her a lot.
Kenya finally finishes the battle:

This boss was really tough and evil, Dinosorio would have died with just another trap turn and even Kenya had troubles breaking that Azumarill:

I arrive to Ecruteak City, where I meet Bill, who gives me...

Finally, an Eevee! I won,t use it before I get access to all the evolution options, but lets see how the Eevees have improved in this game:
-Vaporeon (illegal for me) got Drizzle as a new ability and Recover as a new move. Really powerful.
-Jolteon (illegal) got Static as the new ability. Not a big improvement.
-Flareon (legal) now has Drought.
-Espeon (illegal) is even more Magic now, having both Magic Guard and Magic Bounce. It also gained Power Gem.
-Umbreon (illegal) got Magic Guard too. A big wall that can,t be statused now.
-Leafeon (legal) has Natural Cure as new ability, like Dinosorio.
-Glaceon (legal) of course got Snow Warning to fire powerful Blizzards.
-Sylveon (legal) now has Serene Grace.

As I said, Eeveeto for now won,t be in the team, I can only evolve him in Leafeon and already have Dinosorio as the Grass Mon.

Chapter 10. Digging legends up.

I explore Ecruteak City, getting the Itemfinder. In one house a boy offers a Doduo for Farfetch'd. Having Kenya as the MVP right now I am certainly not doing this trade.
In another house, an old man gives me a Cherish Ball. I wonder if its the only one of the game. Gotta choose the right Mon to spend it on.

I find a waterfall which might contain a cave:

Another new place is Ecruteak Shrine:

Inside I see a traditional japanese garden and a house:

Inside I see 4 people. Three are old and train Furrets and Hoothoot. The fourth is young, her name is Rei:

...shrine.

She offers either blessing or battle. For now i decide to Bless Dinosorio, which boosts happiness.

I then enter Burned Tower, where I encounter Eusine and Morty. I also catch a Mon here:

Takes plenty of siestas. No improvements for Weezing in this game, but there is the Galarian form and both forms get Neutrilizing Gas. Gaseosa has Levitate though, which is better for Nuzlockes.

I want to catch a Mon on Mount Mortar too, but...

...Mount Mortar.

Can,t go there yet.
I can go to route 38 however. On the gate there is an Oak Aide that will give me a gift when I reach 30 mons caught. I have 29 right now. I check the Mons of Route 38, and most of them I either have or can,t catch: Tauros, Miltank and Magnemite include this group. There is an available Mon however that has never been OU.
While searching for the Mon, Arenosa reaches level 22 and...

Now that I have 30 Mons, Oak's aide gives me Exp. Share.

And that is not all, Aragog reaches level 22 too!

Upon evolving Aragog finally has the Dark typing and also a useful STAB in Bug Bite.

Shortly after that, the Mon I have been searching for appears:

Honchkrow got exactly a 5 HP Stat increase in this game. It is an improvement, I guess.

I enter Burned Tower again and defeat 2 trainers there before facing Shiyo:

Shiyo leads with Haunter while I send Sabuesa. Haunter uses Curse and dies from Bite:

Magnemite comes next. I send Arenosa, who gets a Supersonic.

I switch Dinosorio into Sonic Boom.
Dinosorio damages Magnemite with Brick Break but gets confused too.

Arenosa gets in, taking a Sonic Boom.
Arenosa kills Magnemite with Brick Break:

Shiyo sends Drowzee. Arenosa leaves it in red with 3 Pin Missiles, but gets slept by Hypnosis.

I send Aragog, who is immune to Confusion.
Aragog kills Drowzee with Bug Bite.

Next is Zubat. Aragog paralyzes it with Glare but gets confused by Confuse Ray.

I switch Sabuesa in, taking Leech Life.
Sabuesa uses Headbutt and is confused.

I send Arenosa, taking Leech Life.
Arenosa is asleep but Zubat can,t attack too, due to the paralysis.
Arenosa wakes up and uses Slash, taking a Leech Life.
Arenosa finishes Zubat:

Quilava remains. It uses Leer before dying from Dig:

Easy win this time and I didn,t even have to use Kenya for the battle. But wait, there is more, since Sabuesa reached level 23:

Upon evolving, Sabuesa gained the Quick Feet ability, which, while worse than Intimidate its at least better than Run Away.
After the battle I fall into a hole (probably made by Arenosa digging) and see the legendary dogs escaping.

I could now battle Morty, but prefer to train my team a little. There are still many available trainers, so I challenge Rei at the Shrine (this chapter was written in 2 different days):

Rei leads with a Kadabra, I with Shellhead. Rei withdraws Kadabra on first turn and sends Noctowl, who is immune to Dig.

I send Sabuesa to battle Noctowl, taking a Hex.
Noctowl fires another Hex and takes Bite.

I send Kenya to take next Hex, this move does a lot of damage.
Kenya kills Noctowl with Aerial Ace:

Kadabra comes back, but since Kenya has 5 more levels, she outspeeds and kills it with U-Turn.

Shellhead comes back into the field but match-up vs Murkrow is not good, so I switch him out, but not before taking a Pursuit:

Phew, that was close. Arenosa comes in.
Murkrow uses Wing Attack and takes Slash.
After another exchange of attacks, Murkrow falls:

Last Mon of Rei is Ninetales. It uses Safeguard and dies from Dig:

There is no prize for the victory, Rei is just there to battle once again or give blessing once a day.

Chapter is already long enough so I finish it here.

Attachments

Chapter 11. The Eater of Dreams.

There are still some trainers left before the Gym. First are the Kimono girls. Arenosa defeats Jolteon, easily.
Vaporeon ends up being tough and damages Dinosorio severely with Aurora Beam and Sabuesa with Water Pulse, before going down to Shellhead.
Both Espeon and Umbreon are defeated by Aragog, who also eats 2 Lum Berries without any effect.
The tragedy happens vs Flareon. I use Shellhead vs it, but Flareon traps it with Fire Spin and then uses Bites, flinching one one them. Eventually...

RIP Shellhead. No Slowking for me for now. He appears wild in the game, but very late.

Sabuesa finishes Flareon. I get Surf HM as a prize, but the Mon who could have used it died. I do have another Water type at the PC, but I won,t need it vs Morty, so the Mon I pick for now is Peste (Rattata).

While training Peste, I discover that there is a tree in route 32 that I didn,t cut yet. So I bring Nephentes and do it, discovering a similar layout to the Goldenrod City's one:

While still training Peste, I realize another thing at the Casino: I didn,t buy a Mon here before because all of Alakazam, Clefable and Marowak were OU at some point. However, I forgot about ALOLAN Marowak, so I buy a Cubone:

I still don,t have the item to evolve Huesitos, but Alolan Marowak gained 25 Speed points in this game. They do make a difference for such a slow Mon.

Still at the Casino, I check the Move Tutor there. His moves cost just 200 Coins:

Only Sabuesa from my team learns punching moves, so I teach her Fire Punch and Ice Punch.

Eventually, the training of Peste ends:

I then go to Route 38 and beat the trainers there. On of them is Lass Dana, who sometimes gives evolution Stones.

After Route 38, there is Route 39 and the Bulldoze TM. The boss of this Route is between the Miltanks of Moo-moo farm:

...from Ecruteak to Olivine and I'll fight ya.

I easily defeat all the remaining trainers of Route 39. There is also one available Mon to catch here. And its not Elekid, since Electivire was OU in DPP.

Yes, I now have 2 Raticates (what an ugly sprite, btw). I will stick to Peste for now though.

Even though I defeated all the trainers on Route 38 and 39 I don,t want to battle the boss right now, she said that she has defeated Morty, so maybe she is actually stronger than him.

So, back to Ecruteak. Morty has 4 Mons, so I have to use 4 too. Aragog doesn,t have Dark STAB but defensively resists Ghost, so he is in. Peste is immune to ghost and has Dark moves, so he is in. Sabuesa has Bite too, so she is in too. Between the last 3, Kenya is the best Mon, so Dinosorio and Arenosa are the ones to stay out.

After beating trainers at his Gym, I challenge Morty:

Morty leads with Haunter. Kenya uses Aerial Ace and is damaged hard by Ice Punch.
Kenya heals with Roost, Haunter uses Ice Punch again.
Kenya kill Haunter with another Aerial Ace:

After leveling up, Kenya leards Sword Dance, replacing Brick Break (useless for this battle). Morty sends a Noctowl, though, bad match-up for Kenya.
Kenya escapes with U-Turn and Sabuesa gets in, slept by Hypnosis.
Sabuesa is asleep and takes a full powered Hex:

Phew, that was close. I send Peste, immune to Hex.
Peste uses Crunch and takes Confusion.
Peste kills Noctowl:

Morty sends Misdreavus. Peste uses Crunch, while the ghost spends the turn using Nasty Plot.
Peste kills Misdreavus:

Gengar remains. But it is a threat, outspeeding Peste and sleeping him with Hypnosis.
Gengar launches a powerful Dream Eater, triggering Sitrus Berry from Peste, who is still asleep.

I send Aragog into the next Dream Eater.
Aragog uses Glare, but not before taking a Thunderbolt. The existante of Thunderbolt means that I will have to sack at least one Mon in order to win.

Since I don,t know how many turns Sabuesa will remain asleep, I sack her. Gengar doesn,t attack this turn though.
Next turn Sabuesa doesn,t wake up:

RIP Sabuesa. Died in a nightmare battle.

I send Peste. Its asleep too and survives Dream Eater with 2 HP.
Peste wakes up and uses Crunch, lowering Gengar's Defense. The ghost uses Dream Eater and fails.
Peste wins the battle:

I receive the badge and the Shadow Ball TM after a very close battle in which all my remaining Mons were in Gengar KO range:

Chapter 12. Water exploration.

I pick Dinosorio (Bayleef) and Arenosa (Sandslash) back from the PC. I also need to replace the now deceased Sabuesa, so, since I can use Surf, might as well use my only Water water Mon, though hilariously enough Kenya can learn the move too:

While I train Donald, I explore available Surf places. The first place I use Surf in the Ecruteak City, where I can catch a Mon:

Politoed is not usable, but Poliwrath is. Despite being a good Mon in OU every Gen, it has never reached the needed usage. In this game, Poliwrath gained a fun new toy, Aqua Jet. While hard to use, with Belly Drum it can sweep some teams.

I go all the way to New Bark Town and visit Kanto, where the Surf music changes to the one of RBY. Grass in Route 27 is not accessible and Water Mons are forbidden Tentacool and Tentacruel. I however pick a Rare Candy and also see the boss trainer of this Route:

He requires beating everyone on Routes 26 and 27, so for now I can,t fight him.

I enter Tohjo Falls, pick a Moonstone and find a new place:

Inside there is...

...works.

Breaking a random rock in the same room, I catch a Mon.

Kingler didn,t get Stats increasy, but did get Close Combat and Aqua Jet in this game. For now Skripka stays at the PC.
Behind the very same rock, I also find this invisible item:

In Cherrygrove City I receive Mystic Water. But there is also access to a new area there:

Apart from the usual Tentacool and Tentacruel, here I can catch another Mon surfing:

Usually a trashmon, in this game Corsola has 115 Defense, 105 Special Attack and 115 Special Defense. It learns Recover and Calm and on top of that, Coral also has Regenerator. When she enters the team, Coral will probably last a lot.

I explore Cherrygrove Bay and find a Shiny Stone. Now i could have a Sylveon if I wanted.
In another island, there is a Earth Power tutor. Only Arenosa can learn the move in my team, but its a physical attacker.

From Cherrygrove Bay I reach another new area, Route 32 Coast. Can,t catch any new Mon here, but can defeat the trainers. Unless...

Illegal Pidgeot at level 28, lol, I am fucked. I switch Arenosa into Quick Attack.
Pidgeot uses another Quick Attack and avoids Super Fang.
Pidgeot uses another Quick Attack and gets hit by Super Fang.

I switch Peste into Swift.
Peste activates Quick Claw and uses Hyper Fang. Pidgeot uses Rage.
Pidgeot uses Quick Attack and dies from another Hyper Fang. Phew, that was close.

The rest of the trainers of this route are not pushovers either, they put actual fights, especially a love couple with Flareon + Glaceon.
As for items, I find a White Herb and a Soft Sand, giving this to Arenosa.

In one house I meet a cook:

...the finest of the ingredients!

She buys food, but I am not interested in selling her anything.

I continue searching for trainers and risking the lives of my Mons vs random Swimmers:

Last trainer of the route is scary just by looking at her sprite:

In practice though, she just has 2 Vulpix and a Pikachu, all at level 25, so they go down easily.

The route ends with a secret new Union Cave entrance:

First thing that I find in this sector of Union Cave is a Dusk Stone, meaning that I can now have Honchkrow if I wanted.

One of the trainers of the cave has level 25 Omastar and Kabutops. Dinosorio wouldn,t have been able to OHKO those with Razor Leaf, but fortunately, he learned Energy Ball already.
Unfortunately, this sector of Union Cave is blocked by Rock that need Strength, which I don,t have yet. So, I leave and go to Violet City.

Surfing in Violet City I find the first PP Up of the game, which I of course spend on Healing Light of Dinosorio.
Also I get access to a new area:

Despite there being grass, no wild Mons appear here and the music is very ominous. There are two houses and a cemetery:

I can,t enter into the house that appears on the screen and can,t enter to the other one either. What the hell is this place?

I then Surf into Ruins of Alph and enter into a new chamber, where the message on the wall is "Light". Since Flash is a TM, I teach it to Dinosorio.
I use Flash and enter into a secret room that has Revival Herb (aka money for me), Soothe Bell, Energy Root and and Rare Bone (more money).

I then enter to Union Cave from the usual entrance and explore one available path. There a face a trainer with more fossils: Omanyte and Kabuto go down easily, but then he sends an Aerodactyl, who is more scary. Eventually Arenosa defeats it.

The path is blocked by another Strenght Rock, so I take another path. After beating 2 trainers, I arrive to the part of Ruins of Alph that has grass. Smeargle is not available for me, since he was OU in DPP. The other local Mon is legal, however:

Xatu does get Magic Bounce in this game, but I was not fortunate enough. There are ability capsules though.

The Xatu area has another chamber, but the message of the wall is Fairy. I don,t have fairies right now (Dinosorio will soon become one though).

I follow another Union Cave path (the one that eventually leads to Lapras) and beat 2 trainers, but there I realize a potential problem. Chuck's ace is at level 31. My Mons currently are at level 28 and 29. Overlevelling is possible, so I leave this path for now and will try to avoid trainers.

With all the money that I have earned from previous battles, I go to the Casino and buy the Ice Beam TM, teaching it to Donald.

I finally do some progress and arrive to Olivine City. There I receive the Good Rod.
I visit Olivine Cafe and get an Amulet Coin from Lyra. There is a woman at Olivine Café who wants to battle, and another one at the Pokemon Center. For now I leave them be, since I don,t want to overlevel.
In one house a man wants a Steelix and offers a Kangaskhan, both of which are illegal.

On the way to Battle Tower I meet Monica of Monday, she gives me Sharp Beak which I give to Kenya. The Scope Lens that Kenya held go to Peste.

Battle Tower is closed, though the outside area still has the awesome theme of it.

I enter the Lighthouse and avoid the maximum ammount of trainers, including the boss:

I find the Energy Ball TM, but Dinosorio already knows it.

Eventually I reach Jasmine and she asks me to help Amphy, but there is one more floor:

At the roof of the Lighthouse I find a Silver Leaf... and Skyla, from BW:

...but I don,t have anything that can help it.

She is willing to battle, but only after I help Amphy.

I leave Olivine City and go to Route 40. I can,t cath anything there and avoid the trainers (except one, who I accidentally battle).
On route 41 I can actually catch a Mon:

No improvements for Mantine in this game, but it does get Roost, which is very valuable for Nuzlocke.

I arrive to Cianwood City and get the Strength HM, which in this game is a Fight move. Every Mon in my team can learn it, but since this is still an HM, I only teach it to Arenosa.

Surfing at Cianwood City, I catch another Mon:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-26.png

In Midele Crystal there was a new Mon from GSC Beta version. The name was Bombseeker, and it was a Water-Fire seel. Its not present in this game, but Octillery is Water-Fire here instead.

I get the Secret Potion at the Pharmacy, and also get a Pokemon from the Pokemon Maniac robbed by Shiyo:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-27.png

Oh, I though it wasn,t in the game. My mistake. Well, its a good news for me, since this Mon is very good for Nuzlockes with the enormous bulk. It also comes with Rest.

In a house I get an Assault Vest. For now I don,t give it to any Mon.

Right now, my team is still between levels 28 and 30, so I avoided the overlevel. If I still avoid it after the Gym trainers, I will do some pending battles until my team hits level 31.
For now, I choose the team that will battle vs the 4 Chuck Mons: Kenya, Dinosorio, Arenosa and Aragog. Donald is extremely weak unevolved and Peste is weak to Fight.

Finishing the chapter here. Lots of new Mons have been caught.

Chapter 13. Taking some punches.

The trainers on Chuck's Gym don,t give my Mons enough experience to reach level 31. So, I pick Donald and Peste in order to hunt some trainers that I previously avoided.

First I challenge the boss trainer of Route 39:

Annie leads with Miltank, damaging Donald hard and paralyzing him with Body Slam.Donald uses Surf.

Arenosa takes the next Body Slam.
Arenosa takes another Body Slam and uses Strength.
Arenosa survives a third Body Slam, which paralyzes her, and kills Miltank:

Problem is, now I have to deal with a Tauros. I switch Aragog into Quick Attack.
Tauros uses Quick Attack again and its paralyzed by Glare.

Kenya takes the next Quick Attack.
Tauros survives the Brick Break but can,t move due to the paralisis.
Kenya finishes the battle:

(Kenya and Donald after the battle).
Even though my team had higher level, this boss was not easy:

I get PP Max as a prize, which I for now won,t use.

Since today is Tuesday in-game, I go to Route 29 and meet Tuscany there, who gives me a Silk Scarf. Peste takes this item.
On my way back to Olivine, I heal the Miltank at the farm and get the Acrobatics TM for it. I teach the move to Kenya, Chuck is finished here.

At Olivine Lighthouse I beat all the trainers and challenge the boss one:

Emy said before the battle that she is Chuck's student. To demonstrate that, she leads with Primeape. I switch Donald out, sending Arenosa, who almost dies from crit Cross Chop:

Ok, Emy you wanted this. Kenya comes into another Cross Chop.
Kenya beats Primeape with Acrobatics.

The other Mon Emy has is an Ursaring. Its still pure Normal and its at level 30. Kenya uses Roost to see what Ursaring does... and its Play Rough:

RIP Kenya.
Fuck, my MVP died and the fight vs Chuck won,t be trivial anymore. This is a terrible loss.

Now, how can I deal with this Ursaring? It showed Unnerve, so it doesn,t have Guts. However, it outspeeds Dinosorio and uses Slash, taking over more than half of his life before being poisoned.

I switch Donald in, avoiding Play Rough.
Donald takes Night Slash and uses Surf.

Peste comes into Play Rough.
Peste finishes the tragic battle: with Hyper Fang

As a prize for losing Kenya, I get Protective Pads.

I put Sova (Noctowl) in Kenya's place and go train her.

While training Sova, I visit Slowpoke's Well and after moving a rock, get the Kings Rock and a Damp Rock.

Then I go to Union Cave and beat all the trainers there. I also find a Light Clay and get to a new are:

I however leave this place immediately. This is because wild Quagsires appear here, a Mon I can get in many places. I am much more interested in Alolan Grimer or Yanma, Mons I can,t get anywhere else.

I then go to Route 34 and beat the 3 hidden Ace Trainers there, getting Power Herb as a prize.

In Olivine City I challenge the trainer at the Pokemon Center, she has a level 20 Shiny Bellosom. The trainer at Olivine Cafe has a Miltank and a Sunflora. Vs her, Sova finally catches the team in terms of level, but we still don,t hit 31.

So, I beat the swimming trainers of Route 35 Coast.

I arrive again at the water part of Goldenrod Harbor. On an island there, there is a Tutor teaching Hyper Voice, which my team doesn,t need.

From there I go to routes 40 and 41, beating more trainers and also finding the Knock Off Move Tutor, randomly standing in the middle of the sea:

Arenosa could learn Knock Off, but it won,t help vs Chuck, so for now I just take note that the Tutor is here.

Eventually, my team reaches level 31, so I leave Donald and Peste at the PC and challenge Chuck.

Chuck leads with Primeape vs Aragog. The monkey misses Dynamic Punch and gets paralyzed by Glare.

Sova comes into the next punch.

Chuck switches Primeape out and sends a Farfetch'd. Sova uses Reflect meanwhile. She has Light Clay as item.
Farfetch'd uses Sword Dance and gets hit by Wing Attack.
Farfetch'd uses Night Slash and dies from the next Wing Attack:

Chuck sends Hitmontop, who intimidates Sova.
Sova uses Roost, while Hitmontop boosts with Bulk Up.
Hitmontop uses Sucker Punch and gets hit by Shadow Ball.
Hitmontop fails Sucker Punch while Sova heals.
Hitmintop uses Sucker Punch and gets hit by Shadow Ball.
Sova heals, avoiding another Sucker Punch. Reflect ends.
Sova puts another Reflect, avoiding Sucker Punch.
Sova finishes Hitmontop:

Chuck sends the Poliwrath. It outspeeds Sova and uses Ice Punch, dealing big damage despite the Reflect.

I send Aragog again, who tanks Ice Punch much better.
Poliwrath misses Dynamic Punch and gets paralyzed.

I switch Dinosorio in, but he gets hit by Dynamic Punch.

Aragog comes back, blocking Hypnosis with Insomnia.
Aragog hit Poliwrath with Return. The frog can,t move due to the paralisis. Reflect ends.
Aragog uses Return and avoids another Dynamic Punch.
Aragog uses Return, leaving Poliwrath in red and avoiding another Dynamic Punch.
Aragog finishes Primeape:

Only paralyzed Primeape remains now. Aragog uses Dig, avoing first Dynamic Punch. After damaging Primeape, second Dynamic Punch hits:

RIP Aragog.
Didn,t honestly expect to die from that hit, wasn,t even crit.

Arenosa comes in. She leaves Primeape in red with Dig and the monkey can,t attack due to paralisis.
Arenosa finishes the battle with Return:

I get the badge and the Dynamic Punch TM. The battle was quite easy, but still had a casualty due to losing Kenya before (4 Acrobatics would have destroyed Chuck):

Unlike in vanilla Crystal, Chuck's wife doesn,t give me Fly in this game. Instead, she suggests going to train at Route 47. Meanwhile, Lyra calls me and tells me that Team Rocket is causing troubles at Yellow Forest, which is after Route 47 and several more places. This is how it looks in the map:

For now I finish the chapter though.

Chapter 14. Murky swamp.

I bring back from the PC Peste (Raticate) and Donald (Psyduck). As a new Mon to replace Aragog, I pick Palote (Sudowoodo).

While training Palote, I discover a new area, Route 34 Coast. There are no Mons to catch there but I do beat some trainers.

Going South from Route 34 Coast I arrive to another new area, Stormy Beach. It rains in that place, I suspect it always rains. There are no Mons to catch here, but I do defeat some trainers. I also find the second entrance to Murky Swamp:

Since I still don,t have a Quagsire, I won,t be exploring this area yet.

The training of Palote ends and I go back to Cianwood City. There, I go to the north and find the house of Move Maniac:

She is basically the move relearner. Her services cost a Gold Leaf and I discover that Peste can learn Sword Dance, so I teach him that move.

Close to her house I see Suicune escaping from me:

Eusine appears and challenges me to a battle:

Eusine leads with Drowzee, who outspeeds Palote and sleeps him with Hypnosis.

I switch Sova into the predicted Dream Eater.
Sova uses Shadow Ball and gets slept too.
Drowzee uses Dream Eater for free.
Sova wakes up and uses Roost. Drowzee fails at using Dream Eater.
Sova kills Drowzee with Shadow Ball.

Haunter comes next. It misses Hypnosis and gets destroyed by Shadow Ball:

Eusine sends a Shiny Electrode. I switch Arenosa into Rollout.
Electrode crits the second Rollout but barely does damage. Arenosa kills him with Dig:

Electrode has Aftermath, which damages Arenosa a little. The last Mon os Eusine is an Alakazam.
Alakazam uses Psybeam and almost kills Arenosa. She is confused to but manages to attack with Knock Off, which knocks Twisted Spoon, but surprisingly doesn,t kill Alakazam:

I switch Peste in while Eusine heals Alakazam.
Alakazam uses Light Screen and survives Return in red.
But it doesn,t survive Sucker Punch:

Easy battle, except for that Alakazam:

Eusine goes away. I now enter into Cliff Edge Gate, a location present at GSC but not in vanilla Crystal. But right when I enter I am welcomed by:

Palote easily sweeps his Raticate and Alolan Persian. The Rocket tells me that their plan is to steal all the rare Pokemon of Yellow Forest. This is not exactly stealing for me, anyone can catch Mons.

Cliff Edge Gate has a wild Mon in the water:

Hopefully Sir Quag lasts more than Axolote. Having him caught, I can now go to Murky Swamp and explore it to catch another Mon:

Yanmega in this game is Bug-Dragon and still has Tinted Lens as ability, though the one I caught has Speed Boost unfortunately.

At Goldenrod Pokemon Center I realize that I haven,t given yet a woman an Eon Mail she wants, so I do it and...

Fuck. Did I really miss such an important item since third badge? I give to to Dinosorio, though he is just one level away from evolving.

I go back to Murky Swamp and explore it, beating the trainers. I need Nephentes to explore the place, since there are many trees to cut. So, in practice I just 5 Mons when I run into Cheryl:

She is scared of the ghosts (Midravus and Haunters appear here), but wants to battle anyway. Fortunately for her, Sova was the one Mon I left out of the team to give place to Nephentes:

Omg, 5 Mons. DPP trainer music sounds for this battle (it fits, since not only Cheryl is from Sinnoh, but Eterna Forest music sounds in Murky Swamp too). I have 5 Mons too, Nephentes its just at level 18, though he will be growing in this battle due to Exp. Share.

Cheryl leads with Chansey but smartly withdraws it to avoid Palote's Brick Break. Nidorina is the Mon she sends and Palote ends up poisoned due to Poison Point.
Palote takes Double Kick, 3 turns of poison damage and still can,t kill Nidorina with 1 Dig.

Dinosorio takes the next Double Kick.
Dinosorio finishes Nidorina with Energy Ball:

Chansey comes back. Dinosorio flinches it with Headbutt.
Dinosorio flinches Chansey again.
Dinosorio uses Headbutt again and Chansey doesn,t flinch this time, instead it uses Minimize.
Chansey barely survives Headbutt and heals with Fresh Snack.
Dinosorio poisons Chansey, who uses Metronome and triggers Air Slash.
Cheryl heals Chansey with Full Restore. Dinosorio uses Headbutt.
Dinosorio misses Poison Powder and Chansey boosts Evasion to +4.
Dinosorio misses Poison Powder and Chansey uses Metronome, boosting the Special Defense with Amnesia.
Dinosorio misses again. Chansey uses Take Down (not from Metronome).
Dinosorio misses again, but even if he hit, Chansey would have healed with Heal Bell triggered by Metronome.
Dinosorio misses. Chansey triggers Dream Eater and does no damage.
Dinosorio finally poisons Chansey again, losing 3 HP from Reversal in the process.
Dinosorio misses Headbutt and takes Take Down.
Both Pokemon use their healing moves.
Dinosorio misses Headbutt and takes Take Down.
Dinosorio hits Headbutt, but is paralyzed by Thunder, triggered by Metronome.

I send Donald while Chansey heals.
Donald hits Brick Break, heavily damaging Chansey, who crits with Drain Punch.
Donald misses Brick Break, allowing Chansey to heal.
Donald hits Brick Break. Chansey survives it and attacks with Iron Tail, but dies from the poison finally:

Palote, Dinosorio and Nephentes all level up from Chansey, Nephentes 3 levels. Dinosorio learns Ancient Power.
If one pink blob wasn,t enough, Cheryl has a Clefable too. Donald uses Surf while Clefable boosts his Evasion with Minimize. Oh, not this again.
Donald uses another Surf and takes 3 Double Slaps.
Donald misses Surf and is slept by Sing.
Clefable gets free 3 Double Slaps. Donald goes to yellow rank.

I send Arenosa to take 3 Double Slaps.
Arenosa misses Strength and takes 2 Double Slaps.
Arenosa misses Strength and gets slept.
Arenosa is asleep. Clefable uses Metronome and triggers Rollout.
Clefable uses the second Rollout.
Arenosa wakes up and avoids the third Rollout using Dig. She hits Dig, killing Clefable:

Next is Azumarill. Knowing this is Cheryl, it probably has Sap Sipper + Perish Song. So, I send Peste, who takes Aqua Tail.
Peste uses Return and takes Bubblebeam.
Peste kills Azumarill:

Last Cheryl's Mon would have defeated Peste if I didn,t teach him Sword Dance. Its a WOBBUFFET.
Needless to say, Peste uses Sword Dance 3 times and murders Wobba with Return, even critting to ensure the Uber dies:

After the battle...

Both Nephentes and Dinosorio evolve.

Cheryl leaves, going to Battle Tower. But first, she gives me a Power Weight.
With his Fairy typing achieved, Dinosorio takes back his Miracle Seed, so I give Donald the Eviolite.

I have to leave Murky Swamp to heal the team at Goldenrod City, since Cheryl damaged it a lot, especially with status. This is fine, as after the battle Lass Dana calls me and when I come to Route 38, she gives me a Thunderstone.

Back at Murky Swamp, I beat the remaining trainers and pick a Toxic Orb, though with Gliscor not legal, I don,t really need this item.

Sova comes back into the team, since I don,t need to cut more trees. I then go to Ruins of Alph, to that chamber which had Fairy as instructions to unlock the secret room. Dinosorio being a Fairy type now, I put him in the first slot and enter the room. There I get a Sun Stone, a Moonstone, a Charcoal and a Life Orb.

With everything done, I continue my adventure and go through Cliff Edge Gate, reaching Route 47. There I beat a Rocket Grunt, but another one blocks my way and prevents me from taking an item:

...you brat?

(There is really an item there, which is hidden by the text).

Fortunately, there is another way, which brings me to Cliff Cave. There are two ways there, one of them is blocked by another peaceful (he doesn,t want to fight) Rocket:

polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-8220a77e-23.png

...Team Rocket operation!

At Cliff Cave many diffent Mons appear, but I can,t catch most of them (Steelix, Misdreavus, Machop and Geodude lines, etc.), except one:

See that ball there? Is a Luxury Ball, Mr. Vampiro will evolve quickly when I add him to the team.

Chapter 15. The rock of the villain.

I follow the only possible way of Cliff Cave. I face a Rocket Grunt with 2 Golbats and a Haunter, all of them at low enough level for Dinosorio to sweep.
I exit Cliff Cave at Route 47 again. Donald sweeps another Rocket with Koffing, Houndour and Tentacool.
Another Rocket blocks the acess to the water part of the route. This one, unlike the other 2 that blocked some ways, battles. Donald defeats his Zubat, while Palote beats Raticate and Murkrow.

Without me having the chance to see the grass of Route 47 (which exists), I reach Route 48. And when I cross a bridge there, some familiar faces appear:

Jessie and James want to capture Pikachus at Yellow Forest and since I stand in their way, they challenge me to battle:

James leads with his Weezing. It uses Venoshock on Donald and takes Surf.
Weezing uses Venoshock again and takes another Surf.
Unexpectedly, Donald attacks first next turn and kills Weezing:

Victreebel comes next. I switch Sova into Razor Leaf.
Sova uses Wing Attack and takes Vine Whip.

Victreebel is withdrawn and Arbok comes into the next Quick Attack, which crits, ignoring Intimidate.
Sova uses Reflect and takes Bite.
Sova heals with Roost, taking another Bite.
Sova kills Arbok with Shadow Ball:

Meowth comes in. Since Sova is intimidated, I send Palote into Feint Attack.
Meowth misses Screech and is killed by Brick Break:

Victreebel comes back. So does Sova, taking Vine Whip.
Sova kills Victreebel:

Wobbuffet is last. Fortunately, since Sova is Ghost, I can switch her out and send Peste.
Peste uses 3 Sword Dances and kills Wobba with Return:

The rocket duo escapes and I get access to the grass of Route 48. Girafarig appears at this route during the whole day. Sunflora appears only in the morning while Gloom appears during Day and Night. Since Gloom is the only Mon that I can catch in Route 47, I make my catch during the morning:

Sunflora has a 50 Speed improvement in this game, but most importantly, its also Grass-Fire. Its still pretty bad, but much better than before.

At the end of Route 48 there is a house with a Rocket Admin blocking the access to it:

...Team Rocket's plans again.

Archer leads with Haunter. It uses Shadow Ball and takes Surf from Donald.

I send Peste into the next Shadow Ball.
Peste kills Haunter with Sucker Punch. Maybe I should replace this move, since its pretty risky to use as the only way to hit Haunters:

Archer sends an Alolan Raticate. I switch Palote in, getting his defense lowered by Crunch.
Palote takes another Crunch and uses Brick Break... which Raticate lives:

Fuck Palote, why are you so weak?

Dinosorio switches into the next Crunch.
Dinosorio takes Hyper Fang and kills Raticate with Ancient Power:

Weezing is a terrible match-up for Dinosorio, so I switch Sova into Venoshock.
Sova uses Shadow Ball. Thinking Sova has Insomnia, Weeezing uses Smoscreen, but it doesn,t work, since Sova actually has Keen Eye.
Sova kills Weezing:

Last is Houndoom. It also uses Smokescreen and fails. Sova puts a Reflect.

I switch Arenosa into Feint Attack.
Houndoom uses Flamethrower, leaving Arenosa in red... and flinching her. Fuck, a sack is needed here due to Kings Rock of all things.

Palote is a pretty bad Mon, so I sack him:

RIP Palote. Slow, frail and weak, its the worst Rock type across 8 (and probably 9) generations.

I send Peste, but Houndoom is faster and uses Flamethrower again, surviving Dig. Fuck, this means another sack.
Peste uses Sucker Punch and dies:

RIP Peste.
It was a very strong Raticate, but that Houndoom is demonic.

Time to see if Eviolite is enough to save Donald. Probably not, since Archer heals Houndoom, surviving Surf. Reflect ends.
Actually it is enough, Donald survives Feint Attack and uses Surf:

And then this happens:

After Archer leaves a nurse appears:

She heals my team, so I can,t show how it ended after the battle, but both Donald and Arenosa were in red due to that haxy Houndoom.

Before I can leave the area to replace my fallen Mons, I am forced to fight vs a love couple with a Cloyster and an Onix. Donald beats both and after the battle they suggest me finding a girlfriend too. I wish I could :eeveehide:

Still with 4 Mons, I have to battle vs an Ace Duo with Magmar and Electabuzz. Arenosa kills the first one but is burned by Flame Body, so Dinosorio has to finish the Buzz.

Before Cianwood City I meet a Profesor Oak's aide, who gives me a Macho Brace due to having more than 45 Mons in the Pokedex (I have 49).

Time to train new Mons. I decide to follow Jessie and James advice and put Naja (Ekans) and Kitto (Meowth) in the team.

While training Naja and Kitto, I but the Thunderbolt TM at the Casino, already earned enough money for it.
Another TM I get is Flame Charge in Burned Tower.

Eventually, the training ends:

And so does this chapter.

Chapter 16. Flying masters.

I start the day by buying the Ability Capsule at Buena's Password, I finally saved enough points there. I change Dinosorio's ability to Natural Cure.

I then explore previously blocked ways of Route 47 but don,t find Grass. Fortunately, there is Water, so I catch a Mon there:

Dewgong only got a 10 points increase to Special Attack, but he is already a good Mon due to having Encore.

Its time to finally visit the Yellow Forest. Its home to Pikachu line, but other legal Mons that appear here are Paras, Ledyba, Sentret and Marill. The Mon that appears first me is the rarest of the location:

Yep, there are less wild Pichus than wild Pikachus and I managed to get one. Both variants of Raichu got nice Stats increases and the Alolan one also gained Motor Drive as ability, since Surge Surfer is not present.

I explore the Yellow Forest and beat the trainers until one blocks my way:

...City , but I left that to my son.

He now travels across Johto having adventures. When Walker learns that I defeated Falkner, he decides to challenge me:

Walker leads with Noctowl vs Naja, who uses Crunch and almost dies from crit Extrasensory.

Donald takes the next Extrasensory.
Donald uses Ice Beam, which Noctowl survives. The bird uses Aerial Ace.
Donald finishes Noctowl:

Walker sends an Aerodactyl. Taking advantage of Donald's Psychic typing, Aero uses Bite and survives Surf.

I switch Dinosorio into the next Bite.
Aerodactyl uses Wing Attack and dies from Ancient Power:

Pidgeotto is next. I switch Kitto to take an Air Slash.
Kitto uses Return and takes Swift.

Kitto uses Return and Sova switches into Swift, which she is immune to.
Sova uses Wing Attack, Pidgeotto heals with Roost.
Sova uses Wing Attack, Pidgeotto uses Air Slash.
Sova uses Wing Attack, Pidgeotto heals.
Sova continues attacking and takes another Air Slash.
Sova still uses Wing Attack, Pidgeotto heals.
The birds exchange hits again.
Both birds heal.
Many turns later, Pidgeotto runs out of Roost. Sova puts a Reflect and then kills the bird with Wing Attack:

The last Mon Walker sends is a Skarmory. It uses Metal Claw and takes Shadow Ball, which drops the Special Defense.
Skarmory uses Metal Claw again and barely survives another Shadow Ball, healing with Sitrus Berry.
Walker heals Skarmory with Full Restore, but it gets another Sdef drop.
Skarmory uses Drill Peck before the battle ends:

Walker gives me the Fly HM as the prize and flies away. I then pick the nearby Big Root. This is how Walker left my team, by the way:

I teach Fly to Sova and fly away too, since Schoolboy Alan called me to give me a Fire Stone.

Back to yellow forest, I see the Seed Bomb tutor:

I check Dinosorio's Stats and his Special Attack is higher, so there is not need for Seed Bomb. I do teach the move to Naja, however.

I also find the Leech Life TM. Surprisingly, Arenosa can,t learn it.
I beat all the trainers of Yellow Forest and explore it entirely, except for one small part I need Waterfall for.

I then fly to Olivine City and heal Amphy at the Lighthouse. Jasmine can be challenged now, but I prefer to challenge Skyla first, at the top of the Lighthouse.

Skyla leads with a Farfetch'd. It uses Night Slash and is paralyzed by Naja.

I switch Arenosa to take the next Night Slash.
Arenosa uses Super Fang and takes Karate Chop.

Sova gets in for free, Farfetch'd can,t move due to the paralisis.
Sova kills Farfy with Fly:

Skyla sends Xatu. It sleeps Sova with Hypnosis.
Xatu uses Confuse Ray. Sova wakes up and damages it hard with Shadow Ball.
Xatu heals with Recover and barely survives Shadow Ball.
Xatu tries to heal again and dies:

Next is Mantine. It uses Water Pulse and gets hit by Fly.
Mantine uses Water Pulse again and gets hit by Fly again.
Mantine continues attacking, Sova heals with Roost.
Mantine uses another Water Pulse, Sova heals again.
Mantine confuses Sova with the next Water Pulse and Sova hits herself.

Dinosorio takes the next hit.
Mantine uses Take Down and avoids PoisonPowder.
Mantine uses Take Down again and avoids being hit again.
Mantine continues suiciding, Dinosorio heals.
Mantine uses another Take Down and survives Ancient Power.
Mantine uses one last Take Down and dies from Ancient Power:

Now I have to deal with a Crobat. I send Naja, but Intimidate doesn,t work vs Inner Focus and Wing Attack leaves Naja in red.

I send Arenosa into the next Wing Attack.
Arenosa survives in red another Wing Attack and uses Super Fang.

I switch Donald into the next hit.
Crobat uses Super Fang and survives Wing Attack.
Crobat leaves Donald in red and finally dies from Ice Beam:

Skyla sends her last Mon, a Pidgeot at level 37. Some sacks will be needed to win vs this, and unfortunately Donald looks like the right one.

Pidgeot kills Donald with Rage:

RIP Donald.
Unfortunately he got the shorter end of the stick.

Naja comes in and intimidates Pidgeot.

I then send Kitto and he takes big damage from Swift.

I switch Sova into the next Swift.
Pidgeot dumbly uses Swift again, Sova can heal for free.
Pidgeot continues using Swift and takes Air Slash, which Sova learned during this battle.
Pidgeot still uses Swift. Does he not have Flying moves?
Pidgeot uses another Swift and takes another Air Slash.
Skyla stalls with an Hyper Potion.
Pidgeot uses Swift again and takes another Air Slash.
Pidgeot uses Swift and barely survives the next hit.
Pidgeot uses one last Swift and the battle ends:

Skyla just thanks me for the battle, but doesn,t give anything. She was quite easy due to having only level-up moves, but since I was unaware of it, I did lose a Mon:

I check the Moves that a level 37 Pidgeot has in this game and they are Rage, Charm, Swift and Agility. Pretty unlucky and bad design for the battle, since a level 38 one would have Wing Attack.

Finishing the chapter here and it will be the last one in a while, since on Sunday I am going on holidays and tomorrow I will bring my laptop to a PC repair shop in order to have the hard disc changes, its the only way for the PC to not terribly lag each time I switch it on.

Chapter 17. Heavy metal.

Ok, so where were we? So much time passed... Ah, yes, I just lost a Mon to Skyla, this is why Shauntal and Elesa are best Unova waifus.
So, who I put in the team? It needs to be a Water Mon, but since a Steel Gym is ahead... Paulina the Remoraid looks like the best for the job.

While training Paulina and the rest of team for Jasmine, this happens:

First Shiny of the game (the Daycare Egg has increased odds, so it doesn,t count). Houndoom doesn,t get many relevant new things, except for Solar Power as an ability, but Flash Fire is much better for Nuzlocke.

After training the team, its time to challenge Jasmine. She has 5 Mons, so I leave one out, Kitto.

Trainers of Jasmine's Gym don,t want to battle, so I directly challenge her:

Jasmine leads with Skarmory, who gets intimidated by Naja. I switch Naja out and send Paulina, while Skarmory puts Spikes.
Skarmory uses Drill Peck and dies from Flamethrower:

Magneton comes next. I switch Arenosa into Thunderbolt, taking Spikes damage.
Arenosa avoids Supersonic and kills Magneton with Dig:

Forretress is next. I send Paulina again while it uses Defense Curl.
Forretress lives Flamethrower due to Sturdy, and heavily damages Paulina with boosted Rollout.
Paulina finishes Forretresss:

Jasmine sends her ace Steelix. I switch Sova... into Rock Slide:

RIP Sova.
This was quite unexpected.

I send Naja to Intimidate Steelix. Then I send Dinosorio, but Steelix uses Screech.

Naja comes back and takes a powerful Iron Tail. Its time to sack 2 Mons.
Naja uses Dig, breaking Sturdy and getting hit by another Iron Tail:

RIP Naja. That Intimidation didn,t work at all.

Almost dead, Paulina still survives the Spikes, but Steelix turns out to be faster.

RIP Paulina. Fuck that snake.

Dinosorio comes in and fires an Energy Ball, but Iron Tail does a lot of damage too, due to the Fairy typing.
Dinosorio heals, but Steelix hits again.
Dinosorio heals again, Steelix misses this time.
Dinosorio damages Steelix with Energy Ball and avoids another Iron Tail.
Jasmine heals Steelix, but Dinosorio gets both a crit and a Special Defense drop.
Dinosorio finally kills the damn Steelix:

However, Jasmine still has one last dangerous Mon, a Scizor.
Dinosorio drops Scizor's speed with Bulldoze and gets heavily damaged by Metal Claw.

I send Arenosa into the next Metal Claw.
Arenosa uses Super Fang and gets in yellow rank by Metal Claw.
Since Jasmine healed Steelix before, I can heal Arenosa now. She takes another Metal Claw.
Really I didn,t need to heal, one Dig is enough to KO Scizor:

I get the badge and the Iron Tail TM, but the cost was very high:

Chapter 18. Road to the lake.

I need 4 Mons for the team. Well, actually just 3, since Kitto (Persian) is already trained. As the flying Mon, I choose Mr. Vampiro (Golbat). As surfing Mon I choose Skripka (Krabby). Finally to cover weaknesses, I pick Cerbera (Shiny Houndour).

After the training, its time to go to Mount Mortar. But before I enter...

She has a present for me, but I have to beat her first.

Lyra leads with Pidgeotto vs Cerbera, who uses Flame Charge. The bird nullifies Cerbera's Attack with Charm. The only special move Cerbera has for now is Shadow Ball.
I switch Mr. Vampiro while Pidgeotto boosts with Agility.
Pidgeotto uses Charm again. Mr. Vampiro uses Fly.
Pidgeotto uses Swift, Mr. Vampiro damages it with Fly again.
Pidgeotto launches another Swift before dying to the third Fly:

Lyra sends Flaaffy. I switch to Arenosa, but she gets a Confuse Ray.

I switch Dinosorio into Take Down.
Dinosorio damages the sheep with Bulldoze but gets confused.

Arenosa comes into Take Down.
Arenosa kills Flaaffy with Dig:

Sunflora is next. I switch Mr. Vampiro in while the flower starts to charge Solar Beam.
Mr. Vampiro uses Crunch and takes the Solar Beam.
Mr. Vampiro kills Sunflora with Fly:

Lyra sends still an unevolved Growlithe. I switch Sripka while it boosts with Agility.
Skripka uses Aqua Jet and takes Thrash.
Skripka finishes Growlithe:

Last is still an unevolved Croconaw, despite having level 37 already. It uses Agility and gets damaged by Dig.
Croconaw uses Crunch and takes another Dig.

I send Dinosorio to take the next Crunch.
Croconaw manages to crit Metal Claw, but it isn,t enough for his disadvantage, so the battle ends:

After the battle also this happens:

Lyra gives me the Whirlpool HM as gift and leaves. It was an easy battle, since she didn,t evolve almost any Mon yet.

I then enter the Mount Mortar. No Mons here can be caught, so I beat the trainers, pick items and leave to Route 42, where there is actually a Mon to catch:

Unfortunately Annihilape is not in this game, but Primeape alone is strong enough with the right ability. That right ability is not Anger Point, but Gorilla Tactics, which it has in this game.

I put Dinosorio in the PC and pick Nephentes to cut a tree in route 42, after which Dinosorio comes back to the team. The cut tree has Apricorns on the other side, and also Suicune, who runs away:

The grass seen below is Violet Outskirts, that misterious place that for now has nothing.

I arrive to Mahogany Town, but since there is nothing to do there for now, I go to Route 43 in the north. There I could catch a Mareep, a Flaaffy or...

Girafarig got a 20 points increase in Special Attack and another 20 in Speed, so now its a decent Special Attacker.

I beat all the trainers of Route 43 and only then find the boss:

Lenie leads with an Alakazam. There is rain in this route, but Alakazam is one of the few match-ups Cerbera doesn,t care about. Cerbera takes Shadow Ball and almost kills Zam with one Bite. At the end of the turn, Alakazam is burned by its own Flame Orb.
Alakzam drops Cerbera's Special Defense with another Shadow Ball and dies from Flame Charge:

Machamp comes next. I send Mr. Vampiro into Mach Punch. Machamp is burned too.
Mr. Vampiro uses Fly and crits with it, Machamp had no chance to survive:

Last is Jolteon. Dinosorio takes its Thunderbolt.
Jolteon damages Dinosorio with Hidden Power and gets hit by Bulldoze.
Next Bulldoze leaves Dinosorio weak, but the battle ends:

Easy boss, since her strategy consists in self damaging her mons. I get Flame Orb from Lenie and finish the chapter here.

Chapter 19. Toxic troubles.

In the house behing Lake of Rage I am given the Hidden Power TM. The man who gives it also reveals the Hidden Power types of my Mons. Cerbera is the only pure special atacker and has a Poison Hidden Power, which is quite useless.
In another hidden place behind the lake I find the Substitute TM. Its not useful yet.

Its time to face the red Gyarados:

Dinosorio hits Gyarados hard with Energy Ball and gets his speed dropped by Scary Face.
Gyarados uses Leer and is brought to yellow rank with Brick Break.
Gyarados damages Dinosorio with Aqua Tail and gets another Brick Break.
Gyarados uses Aqua Tail again and gets another Brick Break.

Since Dinosorio is weak now, I switch Skripka in, getting hit by Gust.
Skripka uses Surf. Gyarados uses Scary Face.
I throw a Heavy Ball, but Gyarados escapes and uses Gust.
Gyarados uses Gust again and Skripka brings him to red rank with Surf.
Next Heavy Ball finally catches the Mon.

I get a Red Scale and meet Lance, who then goes to Mahogany Town. Instead I go to Violet City and pick Gyarados from the PC. I can,t use this Pokemon in battles, but I attach the mail a received with my dead Farfetch'd long ago.
I go to route 31 and give the Shiny Gyarados to the sleeping dude. In exchange, he turns out to be a Sleep Talk Tutor:

I go to Mr. Pokemon's house and trade Red Scale for a rare Pokemon:

What rare Pokemon? Well...

A Shiny Ditto with Imposter. For now he goes to the PC.

I then go to Mahoganys Shop, when I see Lance ordering his Dragonite to commit a federal crime:

I enter the Rocet Hideout and destroy the Rockets of the first floor. I also catch a Mon there:

Yes, he comes with a competitive Moveset right away. Electrode's improvement in this game is a very minor one, Bug Buzz as level-up Move. Still, not a terrible Mon for a Nuzlocke, even when sometimes he will have to explode.

I enter to Rocket Hideout again and beat all the grunts, arriving to Petrel:

Petrel leads with Golbat vs Skripka. Aqua Jet does very low damage and Golbat uses Super Fang.

I switch Mr. Vampiro in, taking another Super Fang.
Mr. Vampiro heals with Roost and is confused by Confuse Ray.

I send Kitto, who loses half of his life too from Super Fang.
Kitto uses Return and is left in red by Aerial Ace.

Kitto escapes with U-Turn and I send Mr. Vampiro again, taking Aerial Ace.
Mr. Vampiro uses Fly and takes another Super Fang.
Mr. Vampiro finally beats Golbat with Crunch:

Petrel sends an Alolan Muk. Mr. Vampiro heals with Roost, but loses Sharp Beak due to Knock Off.
Mr. Vampiro heals again, but only actually gains 3 HP, since Muk has Crunch.

Mr. Vampiro escapes with U-Turn, Arenosa takes the next Crunch.
Arenosa kills Muk with Dig:

Next is Weezing. Arenosa uses Super Fang and avoids Will-o-wisp.

Cerbera comes into the next WoW, getting a Flash Fire boost.
Weezing uses Endure and takes a Flame Charge.
Petrel heals Weezing, who takes another Flame Charge.
Cerbera uses Shadow Ball and is damaged hard by Sludge Bomb.
I thought the next Shadow Ball would kill, but Weezing somehow survives and uses another Sludge Bomb:

RIP Cerbera. Not having special STABs at this level really sucked for her.

Kitto kills Weezing:

Last is Alolan Raticate. I send Arenosa to take Hyper Fang.
I heal Arenosa, who takes another Hyper Fang.
Raticate uses Super Fang and the battle ends with a Strength:

Petrel leaves. He has damaged my team a lot:

So, before finishing the Hideout, I need to train a new Mon. The choosen one is Mante (Caterpie).

While training Mante I also buy the Flamethrower TM at the Casino.

After the training I go to Rocket Hideout again and open the Electrode's door, getting challenged by Ariana:

Ariana leads with Arbok who makes all the training put in Mante, useless by outspeeding it and using Crunch:

RIP Mante.
Didn,t even get to attack. Psychic Type ended up being a curse instead of a blessing.

Arenosa comes in. Arbok drops her Defense with Crunch but dies from Dig:

Ariana sends Vileplume. I switch Mr. Vampiro into Mega Drain.
Mr. Vampiro uses Fly and takes an Acid.
Mr. Vampiro finishes Vileplume:

Last is Murkrow. Mr. Vampiro uses Fly and gets confused by Confuse Ray.

I switch Skripka into Night Shade.
Skripka finishes the battle with Aqua Jet:

This should have been a very easy battle, but that Arbok was way too fast:

Dinosorio handles the Electrodes easily. Lance gives me the Thief TM and leaves. I finish the chapter here. Spoiler of the next one:

Chapter 20. Breaking the ice.

As the new trained Mon, I of course want one thatdoes something vs Pryce, so I train Annihilape (Mankey).

After training Annihilape, I go to Lake of Rage and beat the trainers there. On my way back I pick the Sludge Bomb TM.

Time to go for Pryce. He has 5 Mons, so I have to leave 1 out. Since I have 3 Mons weak to Ice, the one that has to go is the one that threatens Ice Mons the least, this being Mr. Vampiro.

With Gym trainers defeated, the battle begins:

Pryce leads with Dewgong. Annihilape hits him with Brick Break, but does less than a half. Dewgong uses Rain Dance.
Annihilape kills Dewgong with Close Combate:

Pryce sends Sneasel. I switch Skripka in while it uses Sword Dance.

Pryce withdraws Sneasel and sends Lapras, who takes Brick Break.
Skripka uses Brick Break again and is confused by Confuse Ray. Rain ends.

I send Annihilape... into Sing. Fuck.
Annihilape is asleep, taking Ice Beam.

I send Skripka into the next Ice Beam.
Skripka uses Brick Break and takes another Ice Beam.
Skripka finishes Lapras:

Pryce sends Sneasel again. It uses Sword Dance and dies from Brick Break:

Ace Mamoswine appears finally. Skripka uses Aqua Jet and takes Magnitude 5.

I switch Kitto in, taking Magnitude 7.
Kitto uses Iron Tail, which does almost no damage. Mamoswine uses Avalanche:

RIP Kitto
. It was the best sack, at this point of the game, the damage he was doing was really small.

I send Dinosorio. One Energy Ball is enough to finish Mamoswine:

Last is Cloyster. It doesn,t get to attack:

I get the badge and the Avalanche TM. This is how the team survived:

I choose Bubonica (Alolan Raticate) as the new Mon to train (Mr. Vampiro comes back too).

After the training, I put Dinosorio in the PC and pick Raya (Mantine). I teach Raya Whirlpool and go to Whirl Islands. I quickly realize that Dinosorio is needed there for Flash, so Annihilape is the one left at the PC.
There are no Mons to catch in Whirl Islands, but I pick a lot of items.

Another place where I can use Whirlpool is at Route 47. After I do it, I arrive to a cave with a rock blocking another one:

The accesible cave is Quiet Cave. Cubone, Machop, Munchlax, Zubat, Golbat and Natu appear here, but either I have them already or can,t catch. The place is really quiet, no music sounds here.
There are trainers at the cave, who I defeat. There is also a small pond where I can actually catch a Mon:

Lanturn got a 10 points increase in both Special Stats in this game... and also learns Recover, which means its good.

I continue exploring the Quiet Cave and a tragedy happens vs a Pokemon Maniac:

RIP Bubonica.
Fuck that random Pokemon Maniac, another Mon that I lose right after training it. It isn,t even a level-up move for Snorlax, that guy was just placed there to annoy me.

I put Palindrome (Girafarig) in the team and finish the chapter here before someone else dies.

Chapter 21. Quiet advance.

While training Palindrome, this happens:

This is one of the few Legendaries I can catch. I throw a Fast Ball, but Entei escapes. Will catch it another time.

I then continue exploring Quiet Cave, beating trainers there and finding some items like Razor Claw, Safety Googles, Twisted Spoon and the Focus Blast TM. In the deepest part of the cave, I encounter a trainer from Sinnoh:

Marley leads with Arcanine. Mr. Vampiro escapes from it using U-Turn and I send Skrikpa... who gets Roared away, forcing me to bring Arenosa.
Arcanine uses Flame Charge and dies from crit Dig:

Next is Weavile. I send Skripka into Icicle Crash.
Weavile uses Screech... and survives Brick Break:

WTF Skripka, what trashy Attack IVs do you have?
With crit Aqua Jet Skripka kills Weavile:

Raichu appears. Free switch-in for Arenosa.
Raichu uses Reversal (at full HP) and dies from Dig:

Crobat is next. It uses Swift and takes Knock Off.

I send my own Crobat into Leech Life.
Mr. Vampiro uses Fly and takes Swift.
Mr. Vampiro wins the Crobat duel:

Last is Electrode, which I don,t like at all. Arenosa takes the obvious Thunderbolt.

I switch Dinosorio while Electrode uses Reflect.
Electrode uses Light Screen. DInosorio attacks with Ancient Power.
Electrode uses Thunderbolt. Dinosorio boosts all Stats with Ancient Power.
Faster than Electrode now, Dinosorio breaks both Screens with Brick Break, taking another Thunderbolt.
Before Electrode has the chance to explode, Dinosorio finishes the battle with Energy Ball:

Marley gives me a Power Anklet for winning against her and leaves, telling me that she is going to Battle Tower. It was quite an easy battle, though that final Electrode made me nervous, since I didn,t know whether he had Explosion or Mirror Coat.

With Quiet Cave cleared, I go to route 44. There I can catch a Mon:

Unfortunately Furret is still bad in this game, despite small Attack and Speed increases. He however does get Bulk Up and a a very wide movepool.

Route 44 has a boss in the "Island":

Aftear I beat all the trainers, I challenge him, the Rocky Helmet trainer:

Barkhorn leads with Pupitar. Annihilape leaves it in red with Brick Break, taking damage from the Rocky Helmet and from the Sandstorm Pupitar uses.
Annihilape kills Pupitar with U-Turn:

I send Arenosa to face a Forretress. Arenosa uses Sword Dance while the bug puts Spikes.
Arenosa uses Dig but Forretress counters that by using Dig too. Sandstorm ends, no more Sand Veil.
Arenosa uses Knock Off, knocking the Rocky Helmet. Forretress triggers Sandstorm again.
Arenosa uses Dig while Forr puts a second layer of Spikes (yes, in the game you can put up to 3). Dig kills Forretress:

Skarmory is next. Arenosa knocks the Rocky Helmet but gets a Toxic.

Arenosa uses Strength and gets roared away. Mr. Vampiro comes in while Sandstorm ends.
Mr. Vampiro finishes Skarmory with Crunch.

Last is Umbreon of all things. Mr. Vampiro escapes with U-Turn, I send Annihilape, who gets confused by Confuse Ray.

I switch Skripka into Feint Attack.
Skripka damages Umbreon with Brick Break, but gets confused.
Barkhorn heals Umbreon with Max Potion. Skripka manages to hit it with Brick Break, but has very low health now due to Rocky Helmet.

I send Mr. Vampiro to take Feint Attack.
I heal Annihilape while Mr. Vampiro takes another Feint Attack.

Mr. Vampiro uses U-Turn, Annihilape takes Spikes damage + Feint Attack.
Annihilape finishes the battle with Brick Break:

This boss was annoying with all the passive damage:

I get a Rocky Helmet as a prize and finish the chapter here.

Chapter 22. Frozen hell.

After getting the Rocky Helmet and giving it to Mr. Vampiro, I enter the Ice Path. Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales appear here in this game, but since it was OU in SS, I can,t catch them, just like Swinub, Jynx and Sneasel.
I can however pick the Waterfall HM.

In the middle of the cave I find the Icy Wind Tutor:

No Mon in my team needs that move however.

I find Ice Stone and Nevermelt Ice in the same cave too. And also an old Elite Four member:

She came to investigate about the Icy Rock that is in this cave. Of course, she wants to battle too:

6 Mons? This is going to be a real battle. Lorelei leads with Glaceon. Mr. Vampiro escapes and Skripka comes in.

Loreli withdraws Glaceon and sends Lapras... who takes a crit Brick Break and has this health remaining:

Since Skripka is still my only Ice resist, I can,t lose her yet. I send Palindrome, right into Confuse Ray.

I send Skripka again, hoping for no Thunderbolt. Lapras uses Surf.
Skripka uses Brick Break and is left in red by Surf.

I risk Dinosorio here, taking next Surf.
Dinosorio kills Lapras with Energy Ball:

Glaceon comes back and now I have no other option but to sack Skripka. Glaceon decides to boost the defense with Barrier however.
Skripka uses Brick Break, doing laughable damage and taking Ice Beam:

RIP Skripka. I don,t understand why it was always so weak. With 3 of my Mons being weak to ice, this battle is about to become very painful.

The one I send is Palindrome. He uses Psybeam while Glaceon boosts the defense again.
Palindrome finishes Glaceon:

Dewgong is next. Palindrome uses Thunderbolt and takes Waterfall.

I send Dinosorio to take the next one.
Dinosorio kills Dewgong with Energy Ball:

Lorelei sends a Cloyster that doesn,t get to attack:

Now, the most broken Mon appears, a Jynx. I send Annhihilape... into a crit Avalanche that leaves him in red. WTF is this Jynx?

Annihilape uses U-Turn but does pathethic damage. Palindrome takes the Avalanche:

RIP Palindrome. Why am I getting smashed by a physical Jynx?

I send Arenosa thinking Jynx will use another Avalanche. But instead it uses Petal Dance:

RIP Arenosa. When I first played Pokemon Red, when I was 12, Lorelei was the hardest Elite Four of Kanto for me and it was the same in Leaf Green. You can now see why. Arenosa was in the team for quite a long, so this loss is a painful one.

Fortunately, that Jynx is now locked. Mr. Vampiro uses Crunch... and does pathetic damage. Jynx heals with Sitrus Berry and gets confused after using Petal Dance. I check the data on Jynx in this game and it only got a 5 points increase in Defense and HP (also 10 in Attack and 5 for special Stats). Why is it unkillable?
Fortunately, Petal Dance is a contact move and Rocky Helmet damaged Jynx. This allows Mr. Vampiro to kill Jynx with another Crunch:

Last is Slowbro. Mr. Vampiro escapes and Dinosorio takes Psychic.
Dinosorio finishes the battle with Energy Ball:

(I am running out of Meganium gifs. Why is Dinosorio so good?)

Lorelei gives me Icy Rock for winning and says that she will wait here for a rematch. I am not looking forward to that rematch considering what she has done to my team:

I cross Ice Path and arrive to Blackthorn City. In the Pokemon Center Oak's aide gives me a Lucky Egg for having 60 Mons in the Pokedex. Good timing, since I now have to train 3 Mons. I decide to pick Cornuda (Seel), Furrita (Furret) and Boomer (Voltorb).

After the training (during which Entei appears again but escapes), I go to Route 45 and catch a Mon there. Only 1 is possible in this route:

There is no Ursaluna and no improvements have been made to Ursaring. Still, if Snorlax didn,t exist, it would have probably been OU in Gen 2.

Since I caught an Ursaring, I go to the second area of Dark Cave, where I now have a guaranted catch:

No evolution here either, but Dunsparce has a small increase in HP and Attack. It also is Normal-Ground in this game and has Sand Stream as the third ability. Serene Grace is still better, though mine has neither of them.

Chapter 23. Fire and blood.

To prepare for the Rockets, I challenge all the trainers of Route 45. There is a boss there too:

There is also a Move Tutor that is suicidal for Nuzlockers:

Eventually I defeat all the trainers of the route and challenge the boss:

Just like Lance, Aegon has an illegal level 43 Dragonite. He certainly needs it to conquer Westeros. My lead is Boomer, who puts Reflect before taking a massive Earthquake:

Mr. Vampiro switches into the next Earthquake.
Mr. Vampiro uses U-Turn and Cornuda comes into Ice Punch.
Dragonite uses Dragon Claw... and survives Ice Beam in yellow. WTF.
Aegon heals Dragonite with Hyper Potion, allowing the Dragon to survive another Ice Beam.
Dragonite uses Dragon Claw again and dies from Ice Beam:

Kingdra comes in. I send Dinosorio while it uses Double Team.
Kingdra damages Dinosorio with Ice Beam and takes Energy Ball. My Reflect ends.

Cornuda comes in again, while Kingdra boosts with Double Team.
Cornuda survives Dragon Pulse with just 7 HP and uses Rest:

Cornuda has Chesto Berry, so she wakes up the same turn.
Kingdra uses Dragon Pulse again. Cornuda uses Encore on it.

Dinosorio is immune to Dragon Pulse, so he comes in for free.

Aegon withdraws Kingdra and sends a Charizard while Dinosorio heals with Healing Light.
I check Charizard's typing... and he is actually Dragon, not Flying. This doesn,t help me much, since it uses Dragon Dance. I regret making Dinosorio forget Bulldoze just before this battle, he had that move and now just Body Slam.
I then commit a deadly mistake. For some reason I though Dinosorio is neutral to fire, but he is not. Charizard uses Flare Blitz:

RIP Dinosorio. This must have been the dumbest way of losing my starter in a Nuzlocke ever for sure. Big pain. From now, the Nuzlocke becomes a lot harder due to this stupid mistake.

I trust Mr. Vampiro to survive a +1 Flare Blitz and he actually does it, but instead of me killing Charizard, I commit another dumb mistake and use Roost. Now Charizard has Blaze.

So I sack Furrita:

RIP Furrita. Yeah, today my brain just doesn,t work. At least Charizard is dead too.

I send Annihilape to face Kingdra... who is faster and deals a lot of damage with Surf. Damn, why are my Mons so weak?

I send Cornuda to take the next Surf.
I heal Cornuda with an Hyper Potion, taking a Dragon Pulse.
Kingdra uses Dragon Pulse again and survives Ice Beam. Both Pokemon are in red now.

Mr. Vampiro takes the next Ice Beam.
Mr. Vampiro finally finishes the tragic battle with Crunch:

(Mr. Vampiro judging me for my mistakes).

As a prize for losing my starter, I get a Focus Sash. In this game, items like Focus Sash don,t get consumed, so I can give it to some Mon without losing the item after just one battle. Speaking about battles, this is how the previous one ended:

Fuck Aegon, go to the Seven Kingdoms, hopefully someone there has a team with 6 Azumarills.

Time to remake the team. Until now I was not sure which Eeveelution was the best one for Eeveeto, but with Dinosorio dying, its pretty clear now:

The other Mon that enters the team is Sunny (Sunflora).

After training both of them, I go to Goldenrod City. Team Rocket may have occupied Radio Tower, but not Department Store, so I go there and spend lots of money buying the TMs: Protect, Reflect, Light Screen, Thunder and Fire Blast.

Then I go to the Radio Tower. Rocket Grunts have a bigger variety of Mons than in vanilla Crystal but still are no match for my team.

Petrel is another story:

Petrel leads with a Koffing. Boomer puts a Reflect and takes a Venoshock.
Boomer puts Light Screen and takes a crit Tackle.
Boomer uses Thunderbolt. Koffing drops his accuracy with Smokescreen.
Boomer still hits and kills Koffing next turn:

Golbat is next. It lives a Thunderbolt and damages Boomer with Super Fang.

I send Mr. Vampiro to take Leech Life and damage Golbat with Rocky Helmet.
Mr. Vampiro kills Golbat with Crunch:

Petrel sends Alolan Muk. Mr. Vampiro uses Fly and avoids Rock Slide. Reflect ends and so does Light Screen.

Mr. Vampiro escapes with U-Turn. Anhnihilape comes in, avoiding another Rock Slide.
Annihilape crits with Brick Break, killing Muk:

Petrel sends Weezing. Annihilape escapes with U-Turn, Cornuda takes Venoshock.
Cornuda encores Venoshock.
Cornuda uses Ice Beam and takes another Venoshock.
Cornuda uses Rest and wakes up with Chesto Berry, taking another Venoshock. Encore ends.
I don,t want to take an Explosion or a Thunderbolt, so Cornuda uses Encore again.

Petrel withdraws Weezing and sends Alolan Raticate, who takes Ice Beam.

I send Mr. Vampiro, taking Super Fang.
Mr. Vampiro heals with Roost. Raticate uses Screech.
Mr. Vampiro kills Raticate with U-Turn:

I decide to send Eeveeto to face the Weezing. Since its weak to Poison, Weezing won,t explode and Eeveeto has Assault Vest.
Weezing uses Smokescreen and avoids Shadow Ball this way.
Eeveeto uses Shadow Ball and takes another Smokescreen.
Eeveeto misses Shadow Ball and takes Tackle.
Eeveeto eats a Venoshock and misses again.

Ok, I am tired of this and send Mr. Vampiro. Weezing explodes. And crits:

RIP Mr. Vampiro. This chapter really destroyed the strongest members of my team one after another.

This battle was going so well before that Explosion. Fuck Petrel, he didn,t even try to win, he just decided to make the maximum damage:

Finishing the chapter here. This game is much harder than expected.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)