Pokemon OU Team

Hello, this team I have submitted is a team that I originally tried out on Pokémon Showdown and after a lot of success have decided to share and ask for advice. This team is under the OU tier but it has a few Pokemon from outside the OU tier. (Please feel free to ask me anything about team!)

HELIOLISK Ability: Dry Skin Item: Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Special Defense
Moves: Volt Switch = Can switch out of unfavorable match up. STAB
Thunderbolt = High Power and Coverage. STAB
Surf = Covers weaknesses to Ground and Fire.
Focus Blast = Good Coverage and High Power.
Summary: In my opinion, Heliolisk is the new and improved Manectric. Even though Heliolisk has lower HP, Attack, and Defense than Manectric, it makes up for it with its good special defense and its base 109 Special Attack and Speed. Heliolisk not only has higher Special Attack and Speed than Manectric, it has a much better movepool as well. Also, it has a great ability in Dry Skin which lets it absorb water type attacks and heal its HP. Heliolisk also gets a nice power boost from Expert Belt which raises super effective hits. Heliolisk is a great electric type and can be used to stop almost any Water or Normal Type. In this team, Heliolisk is 1 of my 2 main leads.

DURANT Ability: Hustle Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense.
Moves: Hone Claws = Set Up for early Sweep.
Iron Head = High Power and STAB.
X Scissor = High Power and STAB.
Stone Edge = High Power and High Chance for Critical Hit. Also, good coverage.
Summary: I believe that Durant has great potential that so far has been wasted. Durant currently is in RU but has one of the best sweeping potentials in the whole metagame. Durant has base 109 Attack which is base 5 more powerful then Infernape and also has base 109 Speed that ranks it in the top 60 fastest Pokemon of all time. Also, Durant has a great ability in Hustle that boosts his attacks. (But, lowers accuracy.) Also, if you set up a hone claws your accuracy is raised back up so that your lowered accuracy from Hustle will now be raised back up. Focus Sash is key on Durant, because it ensures a safe set up. If you are not prepared Durant will easily sweep your team after using a Hone Claws. For My team Durant is my second main lead as well as my set up sweeper.

ALAKAZAM Ability: Magic Guard Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
Moves: Focus Blast = Good Coverage and High Power.
Energy Ball = High Power and Coverage.
Psychic / Shadow Ball = Psychic for STAB and Shadow Ball for Coverage and Ghost.
Dazzling Gleam = High Power and Good Coverage.
Summary: You can never go wrong with Alakazam, I mean look at that Mustache and don't get me started on his new Beard!!! Alakazam has incredibly high Special Attack and Speed and deserves to be exalted as one of the best Psychic Types in Pokémon. The drawback to Alakazam is that he has poor defense and HP, but I resolve this problem by putting Focus Sash on him ensuring he won't be OHKO. Magic Guard is a must need for my set, because it lets Alakazam take no damage from entry hazards and sandstorm and retain its Focus Sash. I use Alakazam as my late game sweeper or Revenge Killer.

EXCADRILL Ability: Mold Breaker Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
Moves: Earthquake = High Power and STAB.
Iron Head / Poison Jab = Nice Power for both.
X Scissor = Good Power and Coverage.
Rock Slide = Good Power, Chance of Flinch, and Coverage.
Summary: Excadrill is a classic Pokémon that is most notably used in Sand Teams , but as you can see this isn't a Sand Team. I found a different way to make Excadrill fast. I decided to Scarf my Excadrill. Scarfed Excadrill works very well with Mold Breaker as Earthquake will hit nearly any Pokemon and will commonly OHKO with Excadrill's high Attack Power. Also, since I am scarfed, I can outspeed a lot of Pokémon. I use Excadrill typically as a Mid Game Sweeper as well as my Scarf User. I know that Excadrill commonly jumps from OU to Uber so if it does jump back to Uber I use my back up Pokémon Darmanitan as my Scarfer.

GENGAR Ability: Levitate Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP.
Moves: Shadow Ball = Nice Power and STAB.
Thunderbolt = Good Power and Coverage.
Focus Blast = High Power and Good Coverage.
Destiny Bond = Take out another Pokémon before I die. (TROLL)
Summary: Yes we are going back to another Classic Pokémon from the Kanto Region in Gengar. Gengar has always been a threat to any team with its high Special Attack and Speed. Gengar also has a good movepool to support its stats. Focus Sash works best with my set, because if I am backed up into a corner, I can Destiny Bond and take out the Pokémon that kills me. Gengar is great for ending sweepers with this. I use Gengar on my team as a Revenge Killer and a Mid Game Sweeper.

Mega Venasaur Ability: Thick Fat Item: Venasaurite
EVs: 252 Special Defense, 252 Defense, 4 HP.
Moves: Leech Seed = Gain back HP while draining enemies.
Toxic = Higher damage every turn. Good for Crippling Pokémon.
Synthesis = Lets me regain HP.
Protect = Leech Seed / Toxic Stall help.
Summary: Now most of you might be confused about why I am Mega Evolving Venasaur and don't even have any investment in Attack or Special Attack. However, Since 6th gen has came out, Venasaur has received the potential to be one of the best walls in the metagame. Venasaur when he Mega Evolves gets a stat increase in Special Defense to base 120 and a big boost in Defense to base 123. Also, Venasaur has decent HP. Not only has Venasaur gotten great defenses in this generation, he has been blessed with the ability Thick Fat that cuts damage from Fire and Ice type attacks in HALF. This means that Venasaur no longer fears Fire or Ice types. And I am not done yet! As if this isn't enough not only does Venasaur have access to Toxic, but Leech Seed and Synthesis too! When you combine these 3 moves with Protect, you have one of the best walls you can possibly have! Venasaur is my main WALL and has helped me come back in battles where I am down.

Well that is my team, feel free to make comments and suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)