Pokemon Merchandise thread

Okay, who's gonna use that phone case? :bloblul:
The really annoying part about their phone cases is that they're all geared towards iPhones from years ago. It's been a thing for a while, too. There were a few designs I really liked from a few years back (when I was using iPhone 8Plus?) but they only ever released cases for up to iPhone 6. This Arceus one is for... wait for it... 2nd gen iPhone SE and iPhones 8/7/6s/6. Maybe they don't really expect adults to want to use them and kids generally use hand-me-downs from their parents? Idk.

Daylight

angels roll their eyes
is an Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
The really annoying part about their phone cases is that they're all geared towards iPhones from years ago. It's been a thing for a while, too. There were a few designs I really liked from a few years back (when I was using iPhone 8Plus?) but they only ever released cases for up to iPhone 6. This Arceus one is for... wait for it... 2nd gen iPhone SE and iPhones 8/7/6s/6. Maybe they don't really expect adults to want to use them and kids generally use hand-me-downs from their parents? Idk.
Wait, really? I personally use an 11 and I know literally one person with anything older than a 10. And Apple is on the thirteen. They’re like 5+ generations behind?

Life as an Android user is knowing that every single cool phone case/accessories released by most companies will almost never be usable with my phone

I wouldn't actually buy that Arceus case, but I'd like the option :psyangry:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Actually, is it up for sale now? This could just be the model they chose to show off and they have options for other phones/dimensions.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Huh, I wonder maybe since it's so bulky (and I can just see those arch pieces easily cracking off) that they more intend it to be used as a prop? You're not going to put your actual phone in it but rather you're gonna either buy an old version which fits into it for the purpose of the prop (or you already have an old one lying around for whatever reason).

Cool deoxys 3D.jpgcool deoxys 3D 2.jpgcool deoxys 3d 3.jpg

Hi,

Recently found and purchased this really cool 3D card that shows all three sets of Pokemon at different angles. The small amount of information I have on it, is that it's potentially from a kids magazine(?) like Corocoro and such in Japan. Not sure if it came with a certain copy when purchased or was inside them. I think it was released around the time of the movie 2003/2004 in Japan, due to pokes featured on the card.

I have barely any information on it, and was wondering if anyone else had an inkling as to what it's exactly from and the "name" of it. Maybe someone is able to translate the Japanese part at the bottom of the card? That might help somewhat.

Thanks!

So depending on how popular this one is think they'd be daring enough to do life size Gardevoir and Lopunny? :psysly:

dude, can we please not?
like yeah "ha ha a children's franchise must make a sex joke" and Pokemon does sadly do that from time to time

but can we please not? can we just look at some innocent, cute and occasionally funny and weird Pokemon merchandise

please?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
dude, can we please not?
Whoa, wasn't expecting that negative of a reaction, sorry. :psynervous:

Alright, so how about some honest Pokemon I'd actually like to see life size:

Serpent Pokemon:
Okay, cheating a bit, but I could see this being a fun series of plush of the long serpent Pokemon (though not TOO long obviously, like we're not gonna do Onix or Milotic here). Thinking Ekans, Arbok, Dratini, Dunsparce, Seviper, Huntail, Gorebyss, Serperior(?), Silicobra, Sandaconda, & Dreepy.

Persian & Arcanine: While riding on Arcanine's back had already been an established thing, Let's Go also revealed a big enough Persian can provide their trainer a lift too. And it looks fun, who wouldn't want to ride on a back of a lion-dog or pseudo jungle cat? Yeah I could include the horse Pokemon and Legendary Beasts too but I think these two would probably be the best choices overall.

Victreebel: Can you honestly say no to being eaten by a giant pitcher plant? James approves:
Though if you're a coward I guess you could also put other stuff in it like other (life size) Pokemon Plush.

Grimer/Muk: I mean as long as they're not made of poison sludge they look like fun to use as a beanbag chair.

Electrode:

Skillz.

Sudowoodo: They made a Snorlax so why not the other Pokemon that's been used as a roadblock? Or you could put it in a plant pot and place it among your other potted plants as a joke.

Wobbuffett: Make it like an actual punching bag which comes back up after punching it.

Delibird: Makes for a decent Santa substitute, especially if they make its tail into an actual bag it can hold presents in.

Mantine: Surfs up!... Okay, you probably wouldn't use it in the water... actually, wait, this would make for a better pool toy or bodyboard ideas. SCRATCH THIS!

Donphan: If they can find a way to have it roll up and keep rolled up I think it could be fun to use as an overkill bowling ball or just roll it at each other.

Hitmontop: Probably too difficulty of an idea, but same idea above except spinning on its head top.

Miltan... NO!

Altaria:
Looks SO fluffy.

Absol: Like, there's no reason to make a life-size Lucario aside from the cool factor, so here's another Pokemon to do it with for no reason aside that it looks cool.

Latias/Latios: I try to ignore including bigger and more complex looking Pokemon, especially ones just because you want to ride on them, but I just had to include these. Or maybe you can get away with their Mega Form and just include eye patches to change their eye color depending on whether you want it to be a Latias or Latios.

Bibarel: Memes (can't do Bidoof as all Bidoof plush are essentially life-size).

Spiritomb: If they could have it light up it would make for a great Halloween decoration.

Carnivine: Not as fun as Victreebel BUT same energy.

Rotom Appliance Formes: Just cause I think making a plush out of a haunted microwave, washing machine, fridge, fan, and lawnmower is a funny image.

Arceus: I mean, it it Pokemon God. Not likely, but had to mention it.

Whimsicott: SO FLUFFY.

Klink family: It's pretty much 3 Pokemon in one, like make it attach via magnets and it can be a fun construction toy (maybe throw in some extra parts so they can make their own Gear Pokemon machination).

Chandelure: Another fun Halloween decoration if they can get it to light up.

Cryogonal: Just think it would be funny if one of the life size plush was just literally a giant snowflake.

Furfrou: If they found a way to allow it to be customizable to its various Trims could be a fun toy to personalize.

Honedge family: They're either a single sword, two swords, or a sword and shield, what kid wouldn't want that (especially if they got siblings to swing them at)?

Vikavolt: Especially if they make it so you can load up something like disks between its mandibles and fire them.

Toxapex: Not only to give competitive battlers a heartache upon seeing it but if they made its flaps big enough could make for a personal tent.

Shiinotic: Make it light up and use it as a lamp.

Palossand: Similar idea to Toxapex minus scaring competitive battlers, make it hallow and you have your own permanent sand castle palace.

Dhelmise: FUN FACT, Dhelmise is 12 feet tall, because it's a freakin' boat anchor. Do it Pokemon Company.

Nihilego: I mean, it's literally designed to fit over your head like a hat. Come on, put it on, what's the worse that can happen...

Magearna: Could be a fun one if they can get it to roll up into a Poke Ball.

Eldegoss & Dubwool: F. L. U. F. F.

Rolycoly & Carkoal: I'm just curious if they could make the wheels spin.

Cramorant: And give it Gulp Missile action (comes with a Arrokuda, but you can fit other small plush in to also fire them)!

Alcremie: I can see Alcremie being one of those plush that come with sets of fabric safe markers that you then use to make it into any flavor you want. Also comes with accessories to use as the candy decorations.

Falinks: You made a Pokemon that was six individual creatures, owe up to it and make a six-part plush (which I guess you could have also done with Exeggcute, but its funnier with these guys).

Anyway, new lifesize plushes made, of Hisui starters. Owl is remade from SuMn era.

I kinda want Miju, but I'm torn.... I will also want grass kitten later....

Replying others:
Honestly, I'd love lifesize Serperior, Latias, and Primarina, among things I had in mind....
And I kinda regret missing out Furret... "serpentine" bundle of 180cm floofs....

... Other ideas might be better as other merches though, like... Muk is redundant as we had Ditto sofa. Wobbuffet works better as bop bag, etc.

Also, they've made Arcanine, although only by half size.

If they want sex jokes in plushes, I'm sure custom plush makers already got them covered. So yeah, nah.
Although lifesize Lopunny would definitely be floofy, but Garde is very difficult with it being more of gown drapes than the already thin body, it won't stand by itself and probably easier to tear and wreck.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's one pricey plush

hopefully is only temporary due to covid shortages
and not an excuse to use those shortages to just inflate all prizes permanently period

:psygrump:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Lifesize Spheal on sale for 49500Y. It's spherical!
Likely 80cm in diametre (80*98*100)
Okay, um, Pokemon Company, I have something to tell you which is very important when making these lifesize plush: GameFreak has no sense of scale. You CANNOT trust the Length posted in the Pokedex because, I don't know what scale GF is working with, but it's far from correct (not to mention for some Pokemon you gotta figure out are they talking about height (horizontal foot/base to head), length (vertical head to hind/tail), or in some cases wingspan).

Because those Spheal look kind of big, at least compared to other presentations of it:

(aka 1.5 to 2 feet)
Main Anime (note Ash is 140 cm / 4'7"):

Pokemon GO: (Both Aron and Swinub are a more reasonable 40 cm)

Legends: Arceus: (Dawn is also 140 cm)

Legends: Arceus Hisuian Voltorb Short: (Pikachu & Buneary stand at 40 cm & Voltorb at 50 cm; yes it does not escape me that Voltorb is smaller then Pikachu & Buneary, we can either take that as size variance or its internally agreed Voltorbs are actually smaller being also at the 40 cm size)

Maybe it's an Alpha Spheal...

Going with the exact listed in the pokedex meant they can have comically large plush toys, ergo it was the correct choice.

Question for someone decently versed in online shopping.
Pokémon Center does not ship to my country as far as I know, so I tried looking for alternatives on Amazon.

I have found this reseller from Brazil which has an interesting selection, and I would appreciate hints on whether it's trustworthy (i.e. no bootlegs).

The plushes seem to closely match actual ones I have seen on Pokémon Center (several are from the Sitting Cuties line).
The selection includes several little known Pokémon like Masquerain and Relicanth, which to me seems to point at their legitimacy (who'd bootleg those on a decent scale).
The sample photographs have the standard white background, and do not match those on Pokémon Center (notably, the labels are often visible).
The reviews seem fine, the negative ones are old and mostly pertaining to shipping problems.

It looks legit, but I would appreciate some input from someone more used to spotting fakes.

Pokémon Center does not ship to my country as far as I know, so I tried looking for alternatives on Amazon.

I have found this reseller from Brazil which has an interesting selection, and I would appreciate hints on whether it's trustworthy (i.e. no bootlegs).

The plushes seem to closely match actual ones I have seen on Pokémon Center (several are from the Sitting Cuties line).
The selection includes several little known Pokémon like Masquerain and Relicanth, which to me seems to point at their legitimacy (who'd bootleg those on a decent scale).
The sample photographs have the standard white background, and do not match those on Pokémon Center (notably, the labels are often visible).
The reviews seem fine, the negative ones are old and mostly pertaining to shipping problems.

It looks legit, but I would appreciate some input from someone more used to spotting fakes.
Personally, I just stick to reliable sellers, just to be safe. I mostly just order occasional Sitting Cuties / fit plushes.

Some countries have a Pokemon Center where you can order... Otherwise, you could order on PokeVault. Not cheap, but I order there often. Very reliable, no bootlegs. A friend of mine orders on MecchaJapan, which is also reliable and does not sell bootlegs.

If you are on Ebay or Amazon, it's best to be very careful. Yes, there are some proper sellers, but even more bootleg sellers. If I were you, I would just stay safe and only buy from PokemonCenter directly if you are able to, or Pokevault or MecchaJapan otherwise.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Some countries have a Pokemon Center where you can order... Otherwise, you could order on PokeVault. Not cheap, but I order there often. Very reliable, no bootlegs. A friend of mine orders on MecchaJapan, which is also reliable and does not sell bootlegs.
Not sure if this would work in your country, but Poketuber CandyEvie (link to her most current video to when she starts promoting her sponsr) has a sponsor she uses called Buyee that can be used to ship merch for you. She even has a 2000 yen (about $14 from) promo coupon you can use for your first time purchase in the description.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)