Pokemon Merchandise thread

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Piplup incoming:

BUT if you want something more recent, there's a life-size Slowpoke plush:

Well, life size if Slowpoke were the same size as an adolescent hippo.

No, don't bother checking, I have it here: Slowpoke are 3'11"/1.2 m. Of course, like with many Pokemon, we're not quite sure which WAY it's nearly 4 feet/1.2 meters. Now, many logically would guess it's lengthwise, likely head to stretched out tail, as that's the longest it'll be. And in general the games and anime support this:

But for some reason this was ignored. On the website for the plush, it has Slowpoke (Japanese name "Yadon") explain the plush's head & body is 150 cm (1.5 meters, or 5 feet) but if you include its tail it's a little longer.

Luckily it doesn't weigh nearly as much as a Slowpoke. Dex says Slowpoke are 79.4 lbs/36 kg, but the plush product page says it's only 7800 grams (7.8 kg or 17 pounds; still a hefty boy but manageable).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So I've been missing out on posting some of this stuff:

• First and possibly more important that I should be bonked by one for taking a few weeks to mention it: 40 inch Galarain Farfetch'd Leek Plush:

(I kind of wish they didn't have the Galarian Farfetch'd on the plush and just have it be a giant plush leek that, unless you're a Pokemon fan, you wouldn't know otherwise why someone has a giant leek plush)

• Look through the new releases on the English site, here are some notable ones:

* It's Summer to there's some new Pool Floats like Wailord and Snorlax (they also have Pikachu and Psyduck floats but don't think those are that interesting; and if you're wondering they already released a Lapras pool float). And while the Snorlax is alright, I'm a bit disappointed with how small the Wailord is (must be from mainland Galar...).

* Pokemon Grilling Tool Set, which they're charging over 50 dollars for. Like, the ONLY tool there that could be interesting is the spatula as it has a Poke Ball on it so maybe you can create an impression of a Poke Ball on your burgers, but otherwise it's just normal grilling tools with a tiny Pikachu face etched at the bottom. BAM. Instant 50 bucks (meanwhile...).

* Also on the "we weren't even trying" side: Snom Polo Shirt, or rather a polo shirt that just so happens to have a small Snom printed on it. 50 bucks. I posted my two favorite shots because in one you can barely tell Snom is there and the other is a back shot which shows, nope, only the small Snom on the front. 50 bucks (meanwhile...)

* Magikarp hat (now this is a good idea for a Pokemon merch... and it's 22 dollars. So, the WORSE the merch is the more expensive it is?).

* A collab with Loungefly released a batch of Pikachu Tonal handbags and such, all fine (though expensive) but the one I want to point out is the wallet because who though having the ears sticking out like that was a good idea?

* And the newest merch taking the internet by storm is a Gengar backpack. You can remove the straps to also make it a normal Gengar plush. But that's not what has people interested in it, what people are interested in it is the WAY you store stuff inside the backpack. Let's just say I think it would have made better sense if this was a Shedinja instead of Gengar. That poor Volbeat...

• Finally (though maybe later I'll post some stuff from the Japanese site), the Japanese Pokemon Youtube released a teaser for what looks to be handmade handicraft Pokemon merch:
    Going by the video, so far the only ones we "know" are a Metapod made from woven foilage Metapod and a straw basket Snorunt. Of course they showed us some other materials such as metalwork, rope, paper, and wood so we'll see what else they have in store.

I would like to see the human characters (specifically the galar gym leaders) get decent size plushes. Not those chibi styled plushes, although those are cute. Just would be nice to see them get some love.

Yeah that doesn't look like something I want to sit on. How much are those? Because I feel like I'd just rather buy a big Snorlax plush which would be a lot more comfortable

It's probably high quality material so it's actually more comfortable than some "giant plush", they're just positioning it like a chair to show off its flexibility.

If they made beanbags of female characters, they will never need to sell another piece of merchandise again! (Crap, I shouldn't have given them that idea. I blame the person who told me that body pillows existed. A part of my belief in humanity perished that day.)

Still waiting for Gen 6 sitting cuties. Two more generations to sit through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)