SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

I can't remember what the exact wording was but I definitely immediately knew I was going to have to catch/defeat/scare off ALL the Pokemon in each outbreak to have it count as 'researched' (as tedious as I knew the process would be).

The quests were ok and there's some fun characterisation and extra goodies to discover, but Pokemon devs vastly overestimate how fun it is to re-cover old ground for postgame/endgame content if there isn't something especially challenging or interesting to distinguish it from the first time (or all the other times in the case of PLA).

• BW had the Seven Sages, who added a bit of texture but weren't that interesting to seek out
  • XY had nothing lmao, unless you count finding the Mega Stones (I refuse to count it) [EDIT: I forgot about the Looker quest! That was actually good, I'm sorry XY :( ]
  • ORAS had the 'Fly to a sequence of towns and talk to people' Delta Episode, which tbf ended in a much better place than it started
  • USUM had the flower quest for Mina's trial, where every character just walks you to the next one anyway so there isn't even a feeling of retracing your steps to reflect on how far you've come (yeah you could refuse their offers, but no one's gonna do that)
  • SwSh had the Raid Battles in the Gyms, caused by Sordward and Shielbert (incredibly forgettable)

It works better in PLA because of how the game is structured, but it's still 'go to place, talk to person, complete repetitive task x5' with a couple of diversions (which are the best part).

Last edited:
So, uh... I told Arceus I wanted to challenge "primordial chaos" because I figured "space and time" would be dual origin forms.

It turns out "primordial chaos" refers to combat against all three origin forms in unison.

For the record, this is only my third battle in the reverie. Springtide Storm take the wheel.

1646037437322.png
1646037451192.png

For a first-time effort, 46 wins doesn't feel too bad. In battle 47, Arceus-Dragon whiffed a strong-style Outrage and got combo'ed by Palkia.

Last edited:
I can't remember what the exact wording was but I definitely immediately knew I was going to have to catch/defeat/scare off ALL the Pokemon in each outbreak to have it count as 'researched' (as tedious as I knew the process would be).

The quests were ok and there's some fun characterisation and extra goodies to discover, but Pokemon devs vastly overestimate how fun it is to re-cover old ground for postgame/endgame content if there isn't something especially challenging or interesting to distinguish it from the first time (or all the other times in the case of PLA).

• BW had the Seven Sages, who added a bit of texture but weren't that interesting to seek out
  • XY had nothing lmao, unless you count finding the Mega Stones (I refuse to count it)
  • ORAS had the 'Fly to a sequence of towns and talk to people' Delta Episode, which tbf ended in a much better place than it started
  • USUM had the flower quest for Mina's trial, where every character just walks you to the next one anyway so there isn't even a feeling of retracing your steps to reflect on how far you've come (yeah you could refuse their offers, but no one's gonna do that)
  • SwSh had the Raid Battles in the Gyms, caused by Sordward and Shielbert (incredibly forgettable)

It works better in PLA because of how the game is structured, but it's still 'go to place, talk to person, complete repetitive task x5' with a couple of diversions (which are the best part).
XY have the Looker Quest in Paris ?

XY have the Looker Quest in Paris ?
Oh dear you're totally right! I actually really liked all that story and character stuff, plus exploring the alleyways of Lumiose at night felt like a interesting and subversive expansion on your initial impressions of the city. Honestly that's a really good example of how to effectively reuse and revisit a location for new content

So, uh... I told Arceus I wanted to challenge "primordial chaos" because I figured "space and time" would be dual origin forms.

It turns out "primordial chaos" refers to combat against all three origin forms in unison.

For the record, this is only my third battle in the reverie. Springtide Storm take the wheel.

For a first-time effort, 46 wins doesn't feel too bad. In battle 47, Arceus-Dragon whiffed a strong-style Outrage and got combo'ed by Palkia.
I've had "primordial chaos" a few times and only once or twice had it be more than one of them. Never yet had all three.

I'm currently on a 90 streak. Recovery moves seem really strong in this mode, and so is chaining Quick Attack on one target. Judgement is obviously amazing aswell. Between all that, I've found that Arceus and Cresselia in particular were really able to punch above their weight class in this mode. All three of my runs so far have eventually resulted in me just saving my points for PP restores to keep soloing everything with Judgement/QA/CM/Recover Arceus; the cost of HP restoring to revive things starts getting prohibitive very quickly, and Dialga and Palkia get worn down pretty easily past level 20 when you start fighting level 100 opponents, lacking both recovery moves and any way to boost stats. Giratina and Darkrai, as Shadow Sneak users with good type coverage, are pulling their weight a bit better, but they still get worn down pretty fast. Yet to try Shaymin-Sky, but on paper it seems promising with high speed, access to Quick Attack, Recover and type coverage that is otherwise surprisingly hard to find. Might drop Dialga for it.

Level 50 seems to be the point at which the mode is considered "cleared", and the level 50 fight will come as no surprise.

looking at the list of pokemo nthat show up in the outbreaks, I'm disappointed that all the rift pokemon don't have a shot at showing up. It's just the starters.

Really should have had the Magnemites...

Also still really surprised you can't get multiple Alolan Vulpix.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Got to 100 wins on Eternal Battle Reverie with 998 points left to spare. It appears that you can't gain more than 998 points, and a lot of my later rounds would just involve bullying baby Pokemon to progress faster. Getting a streak of over 1000 should be very possible in theory due to how often I was capping on points, though I decided to just call it quits there as it got repetitive.

Team used was Arceus/Cresselia/Blissey/Blissey/Lilligant/Giratina. Cresselia and the 2 Blisseys were the main carries. Arceus was mainly a get out of jail free card but couldn't be used much due to Judgment's 5 PP; it was also often used as an HP sacrifice. Lilligant I'm not entirely sure about but Victory Dance + Drain Punch goes crazy at times. Giratina was mostly there to pick things off.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you can request Arceus to burn Infernape, and it does work. I suspect this also applies to other statuses that can't normally be inflicted.

Last edited:
looking at the list of pokemo nthat show up in the outbreaks, I'm disappointed that all the rift pokemon don't have a shot at showing up. It's just the starters.

Really should have had the Magnemites...

Also still really surprised you can't get multiple Alolan Vulpix.
I seriously doubt we're going to get more than one Alolan Vulpix. If they didn't include it as like a rare space-time distortion spawn or a super rare massive mass outbreak then it's unlikely we'll ever get more than one. At least without home compatibility anyways (iirc that is coming)
It's a shame. Would have been cool to see Alolan Vulpix in like the Alabaster Icelands.

I seriously doubt we're going to get more than one Alolan Vulpix. If they didn't include it as like a rare space-time distortion spawn or a super rare massive mass outbreak then it's unlikely we'll ever get more than one. At least without home compatibility anyways (iirc that is coming)
It's a shame. Would have been cool to see Alolan Vulpix in like the Alabaster Icelands.
Well I'm not thinking we're getting any real updates moving forward so yeah, I guess I agree, but it was more just a comment on "they had several opportunities and took none of them"

If anyone wants to do more research on this, here's a full Config dump for Legends: Arceus. To be clear, assume 80% of the stuff here probably isn't noteworthy- graphics/animation settings appear to be in here too, and that info is rarely useful:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AttsWEynctuRHtJAsXo6BB_sj2LlCDPEvXv1TrB41o0/edit?usp=sharing
  • player_config.bin has all the player HP info, and the HP bonuses from charms (omamori)
    • Serebii already has a page on this that matches the info here -https://www.serebii.net/legendsarceus/playerhealth.shtml
  • event_farm_config.bin has the Farm yield info
    • This is already common knowledge by now across all sources
  • common_capture_config.bin seems to have Catch Rate modifiers
  • pokemon_friendship_config.bin appears to have Friendship modifiers?
  • field_weathering_config.bin appears to have some info on weather

That's all for now.

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
Less bald and more receding hairline, it's still mostly there in the back. Though this raises the question, was Ingo always balding or is this new?
Looking at the couple of wrinkles on his face that aren't in his Gen V artwork, I think a decent bit of time has passed either before or after he was transported, like an amount that can be measured in years. I'm leaning after since he made his way up to Warden despite being an outsider and his coat and hat are pretty ratty looking.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes because with photography not being allowed the (likely from memory) drawings (specifically the hairline placement being 100% accurate) can be taken as gospel, no?

Yes because with photography not being allowed the (likely from memory) drawings (specifically the hairline placement being 100% accurate) can be taken as gospel, no?
Especially considering that one of the most famous fan recreations, the spaceworld 97 art that was used up until the demo itself leaked, ended up being inaccurate in some ways since it was drawn from memory(Chikorita is identical to its final version, while the recreations was a decent bit different in body shape)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
It's not PLA-related but this is a leak nonetheless

Game Boy trilogy add-on basically confirmed to be coming to NSO at some point via 4chan leak. I know the OP only shows GBA, but if you look in the thread there's info about internally developed emulators for the original and the Color (4chan screenshots w/ slurs tho, be careful). Pretty safe bet we're getting Gens 1-3 alongside some spinoffs like RS Pinball as depicted in the main screenshot.

"There is evidence of them having tested mainline Pokémon regardless though; for berry tag trading in the Gen 3 games to be precise."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)