SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

So you guys were saying about the impossibility of gen 9 announcement? :zonger:

Was not expecting the arceus dlc to be free, though
Listen, I will eat crow. I was 1000% sure we wouldnt get a new gen announcement outside a pokemon direct....but here we are. Gamefreak is ripping down all their patterns besides yearly releases/updates.

So you guys were saying about the impossibility of gen 9 announcement? :zonger:

Was not expecting the arceus dlc to be free, though
My conceit, aside from hoping the riddler was right, was that it was a possibility, not that it was impossible.

Shame the Arceus DLC wasn't more substantial, honestly.

Also shame they didn't mention home at all?? Ya'll its okay that you're not updating SWSH but like, sometime before Literal New Generation would be nice you know what im saying

Listen, I will eat crow. I was 1000% sure we wouldnt get a new gen announcement outside a pokemon direct....but here we are. Gamefreak is ripping down all their patterns besides yearly releases/updates.
I mean Pokemon Presents are Pokemon Directs for all intents and purposes....

The Arceus DLC seems to have come with some QOL improvements. So far I've found that the rare item merchant now stocks 3 items instead of 1 per refresh.
It's already downloadable?

I'm hoping there's something secretly added like a new Mythical or something.
Maybe the trainer rematches will be harder as currently I am beating Ingo with my 3 a bit underleveled Team of Goodra, Samurott and Braviary. I'm taking 3 more Pokemon which I want to level up and evolve.

My wish would be a full Team for each Warden as some like Arezu or Iscan are shown with no Pokemon of their own...

Maybe the trainer rematches will be harder as currently I am beating Ingo with my 3 a bit underleveled Team of Goodra, Samurott and Braviary. I'm taking 3 more Pokemon which I want to level up and evolve.
Unfortunately due to the way the battle system works, it's just not possible to "really" make challenging trainer battles, because the AI isn't dumb (surprisingly) and will always revenge kill your poke with strong styled supereffective attacks, or do agile damage/Debuff + strong nuke right after.
So in best case scenario you just make a constant "trade 1 for 1" and that's about it.

Hm, did the update break the outbreak hunting method? I had a petlil outbreak in the mirelands and returning to the village has either generated an entirely new outbreak or no outbreak at all after several resets. Formerly the chance of the outbreak continuing was 80% I think, so I think this would have to be exceptionally bad luck for nothing to have changed. If so, that's pretty disappointing.

Fortunately I got the shiny petlil last night, but I was gonna reroll for voltorb to get shiny electrode as my first entry for that (2nd to last mon I need after Spiritomb to complete required dex).

The alpha outbreaks better be able to be shiny so I can at least hunt shiny alpha zoroark if I can't hunt shiny alpha zorua anymore!

Unfortunately due to the way the battle system works, it's just not possible to "really" make challenging trainer battles, because the AI isn't dumb (surprisingly) and will always revenge kill your poke with strong styled supereffective attacks, or do agile damage/Debuff + strong nuke right after.
So in best case scenario you just make a constant "trade 1 for 1" and that's about it.
Trailer shows 3vs1 with Adaman so maybe more of those. If all 3 Pokemon will be on similar lv (and not main having 2x the level of rest) it can be decent

Trailer shows 3vs1 with Adaman so maybe more of those. If all 3 Pokemon will be on similar lv (and not main having 2x the level of rest) it can be decent
nope, if all 3 are same level you just can't win unless you overlevel (and even then, probably not, due to how the stats scale in this game)

Do not update!!!
They patched the outbreak reset shiny hunting method and you cannot find the same outbreak if you leave the area!!!!

Hm, did the update break the outbreak hunting method? I had a petlil outbreak in the mirelands and returning to the village has either generated an entirely new outbreak or no outbreak at all after several resets. Formerly the chance of the outbreak continuing was 80% I think, so I think this would have to be exceptionally bad luck for nothing to have changed. If so, that's pretty disappointing.

Fortunately I got the shiny petlil last night, but I was gonna reroll for voltorb to get shiny electrode as my first entry for that (2nd to last mon I need after Spiritomb to complete required dex).

The alpha outbreaks better be able to be shiny so I can at least hunt shiny alpha zoroark if I can't hunt shiny alpha zorua anymore!
Probably multiple things. I did the first "Anomaly" quest and they're already talking about a "massive mass outbreak" as a lead in to the next quest, wherein this happened:

Probably multiple things. I did the first "Anomaly" quest and they're already talking about a "massive mass outbreak" as a lead in to the next quest, wherein this happened:

Do you have to beat Arceus to access them?

Would be nice to get Baby Pokemon Outbreakes if those are accessable prior to catching Arceus.

At the end of the DLC you unlock new battling modes called the Path of Tenacity which is 3 battles in a row and Path of Solitude which is a 3v1 against some pretty damn strong mons.

Agile style working by reducing your opponent's action speed is actually just total bullshit in a 3v1 -- I tried Arceus's, and my opponent just wiped me by taking about 15 turns in a row.

At the end of the DLC you unlock new battling modes called the Path of Tenacity which is 3 battles in a row and Path of Solitude which is a 3v1 against some pretty damn strong mons.

Agile style working by reducing your opponent's action speed is actually just total bullshit in a 3v1 -- I tried Arceus's, and my opponent just wiped me by taking about 15 turns in a row.
Which trainers can you battle there?

I think the massive mass outbreak quest is broken

It says in the tips that to complete your investigation you just need to catch or defeat a Pokemon. But that's not true at all, it sounds like the *specific outbreak has to vanish* on its own. So even though I found like 6 of them for Mai (9 now, i had to exit and wait for another to break out) only 2 of them counted because they ended on their own (Kricketot & Abra)

Which trainers can you battle there?
I think it's just Ingo, but I suspect his mons might vary based on what you use? Not sure. It seems similar in principle to the Master battles in LGPE, and there are some specific mons which have requests for beating them.

I've found another battle mode called the Eternal Battle Reverie, which is an endless battle hosted by Arceus where you can choose paths, earning points to do things like PP refresh. So far I've had a Landorus-T fight, a Honchkrow fight, and a 3v1 against all three lake Pokemon.

In general I think this DLC was intended to address the complaints about not enough battling and not enough content to do after you catch Arceus.

I've still not started Legends: Arceus properly yet but this new update seems pretty cool! Am I right in thinking these new outbreaks will allow you to obtain certain Pokemon in different areas to where they're normally found in? It looked like Hisuian Zorua was in the Obsidian Fieldlands rather than the literal end of the game (seriously wtf is up with that location choice?) so it would be cool to be able to catch it sooner in the game! I've got a line-up planned out, but I'm not too pleased at how mid-late game a lot of the Pokemon are - Cobalt Coastlands onwards is a little late for me but half my team is obtained from that point onwards so... yikes. Being able to potentially grab things like Zorua, Rufflet, Voltorb and Sneasel sooner is always a benefit! Also seeing more optional battles and new missions is going to be good when I eventually get around to starting!

Although since then I've not seen any "out of area" outbreaks. I'm in the midst of the massive mass outbreak quests though, so perhaps it's just part of the random normal outbreak pool.

Though I wouldn't hold your breath about being able to get these swarms before beating the game. The swarms are high levels and I am pretty sure you need to trigger the ability to get them through the quests, which I believe are all post-game.

Why is everyone so confident this is the rumoured DLC? That was slated to be announced in April and is wildly different from what we got here

So I started Daybreak, and it's been weird and mysterious territory so far.
  1. I got a Spiritomb outbreak, and they have eagle eyes like you wouldn't believe. They were sighting me through the rain at nearly the fullness of render distance. They are also hyper-aggressive and equipped with Dark Pulse. When the dust settled I discovered, to my chagrin, none of the captures after the first count towards dex completion (Number caught: 1/1).
  2. What's the deal with the strange man named "???" at Obsidian Falls? I think he's new, but I haven't been able to find any information on the topic. He's standing on an island in the middle of the river, and he offers the trainer a choice between his left hand and his right. I chose the left and received a Blue Shard. Then he teased that he would never reveal what he was holding in the right and disappeared without a trace. What.
I think the massive mass outbreak quest is broken

It says in the tips that to complete your investigation you just need to catch or defeat a Pokemon. But that's not true at all, it sounds like the *specific outbreak has to vanish* on its own. So even though I found like 6 of them for Mai (9 now, i had to exit and wait for another to break out) only 2 of them counted because they ended on their own (Kricketot & Abra)
I'm not sure I understand. Beating the stuffing out of 12-ish Zubat is enough to make an outbreak close. When it says "catch or defeat X," it means catch or defeat ALL "X" at the designated location. I thought Mai's dialogue made this fairly clear.

So I started Daybreak, and it's been weird and mysterious territory so far.
  1. I got a Spiritomb outbreak, and they have eagle eyes like you wouldn't believe. They were sighting me through the rain at nearly the fullness of render distance. They are also hyper-aggressive and equipped with Dark Pulse. When the dust settled I discovered, to my chagrin, none of the captures after the first count towards dex completion (Number caught: 1/1).
  2. What's the deal with the strange man named "???" at Obsidian Falls? I think he's new, but I haven't been able to find any information on the topic. He's standing on an island in the middle of the river, and he offers the trainer a choice between his left hand and his right. I chose the left and received a Blue Shard. Then he teased that he would never reveal what he was holding in the right and disappeared without a trace. What.
I didn't have too much problems with the Spiritomb outbreak I found, but my approach was like 4 smoke bombs to get close then throwing balls and initiating combat. Guess I dodged a bullet?

I hadn't seen the weirdo at the Falls. That's a fun event. Guessign it's just meant to be a Spoooooky Ghost.

I'm not sure I understand. Beating the stuffing out of 12-ish Zubat is enough to make an outbreak close. When it says "catch or defeat X," it means catch or defeat ALL "X" at the designated location. I thought Mai's dialogue made this fairly clear.
It was not clear at all to me, frankly. The way the dialog sounded, and the way i read the tips, it was just do something (catch/defeat) to have it "register" that you did it.
Having to clear out the outbreak to get it to count for the quest wasn't obvious to me, especially when I had the other much bigger timer hanging overhead and decision anxiety from the 12 other outbreaks around the map.

Honestly even after figuring out that i have to clear the swarm for the investigation to finish (which is just really tedious i cannot lie) I jsut found me wondering how much time I really had because it sure seems like different swarms have different populations and clearing all 3 out can take a bit and man did i just not want to keep rolling the dice on future weather or save scumming...

Anyway that's all done but I just didn't enjoy the quests at all. It was nice finding a Rowlet swarm though. And A Magby swarm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)