SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

I know the original gameboy and GBC were similar enough to have cross-compatible games (including GS, but not Crystal), so there isn't any good reason to make an emulator that only works for one of them. Is the GBA still pretty similar to the first two hardware-wise? If not, it seems weird to have GBA as the focus before the emulator for the earlier two systems is up and running.

I'll believe Pokemon, that aren't spin offs, comes to NSO when I see it, but nice to see we're at least getting Pinball. It'd be funny if we don't get Mystery Dungeon Red because it was meant to pair with Blue.

I know the original gameboy and GBC were similar enough to have cross-compatible games (including GS, but not Crystal), so there isn't any good reason to make an emulator that only works for one of them. Is the GBA still pretty similar to the first two hardware-wise? If not, it seems weird to have GBA as the focus before the emulator for the earlier two systems is up and running.
I imagine the GB(C) emulator (which is also in the leak) will be available on the normal NSO and GBA will be exclusive to the expansion pack. It makes sense to have them ready to go at the same time

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I've been closely watch the NSO "leaks" for quite some time now, and while I'm personally holding out hope for a Crystal-esque appearance of the Gen 3 games (more specifically, having stuff like how that Celebi event was), I'd like to reiterate for anyone wondering that nothing's actually been confirmed yet... or has it?

Here's the funny thing about the Game Boy saga when it comes to Virtual Console. The GB and GBC were playable on the 3DS, and (I don't count that stupid ambassador thing from 2011) the GBA games were almost entirely placed on the Wii U instead. Why do something like that, you may ask? For the purpose of the Pokémon franchise, the GBA being properly on the 3DS wouldn't have been as special as, say, the Gen 1/2 games, since we still had ORAS at the time for Hoenn fans to try and enjoy. For the large majority of other games, I believe the reason to have something to do with the Wii U GamePad. Back before I started playing games during the seventh hardware generation, the sixth generation allowed the fewer consoles that were out at the time to be more inter-connective than today's systems, a sign of the changing times if you ask me. Any 6th Generation Nintendo fan should know about the Game Boy saga's connectivity with the GameCube console by now, and I think what Nintendo's "no 3DS, only Wii U" decision was aiming for was to more accurately represent Game Boy era emulation than anything that the original Wii console wasn't capable of. (Imagine playing Gen 3 with a sideways Wii Remote, yeah no.)

That doesn't state why things are confirmed, but it actually kind of does, and here's why. If we take a look at the list of games made available on the 3DS and Wii U's end for every part of the Game Boy saga, we'll see that the games were separated onto one system or the other depending on which it plays better on. Furthermore, the handheld Switch (and the Switch Lite by extension) is notoriously similar to the Wii U GamePad, at least as far as playing on the tablet itself is concerned. This matters because the Virtual Console lineup is actually a lot more similar to what these leaks are suggesting than meets the eye. In fact, the Switch's hybrid nature relative to the Wii U would explain why NSO could try and emulate games that, say, the 3DS could and the Wii U couldn't or vice versa. And what better sub-group to work on that hybrid transition than the same guys who've already successfully ported NES, SNES, and N64 games presumably based off the other 8th Generation hardware? Heck, they even got the GameCube to work if Mario 3D All Stars counts for anything.

TLDR; people tend to forget that the Nintendo Switch is still very much an 8th Generation system, and this is why the bulk of NSO support should only be coming after the 3DS/Wii U eShop closure anyway.

viivian

OU's sweetheart
is a Tiering Contributor
not sure if this is the right place to ask but what do y’all think of hisuian goodra? i’ve been thinking about it, and its bulk and typing could make it into a near unbreakable special wall, especially if given access to reliable recovery. here’s a hypothetical tank set i’ve made that could see high level use

Goodra-Hisui @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVS: 0 Spe
- Dragon Tail
- Iron Defense
- Toxic
- Recover

unfortunately, with the potential threat of two other hypothetically broken hisuian forms in hisuian lilligant and ursaluna, this could take some time to be truly discovered. but honestly, if given this moveset, goodra could finally become the effective special wall its stats have always wanted it to be! especially if it has iron defense to boost its weaker defense stat and make it even harder to take down.

now again, this is all hypothetical, and it might not even get access to any of these moves, but i think it has some mad potential as a dragon-type wall, since you can never go wrong with being able to stave off some of the metagame’s most powerful special attackers, while not being as passive as some of the other special walls in the current metagame cough Blissey cough. i mean, just look at these calcs:

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 172-204 (47.2 - 56%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 144-169 (39.5 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 189-223 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 192-226 (52.7 - 62%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 212-250 (58.2 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 189-223 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 176-208 (48.3 - 57.1%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

mind you, these are some of the most devastating special wallbreakers the tier has ever seen, all equipped with choice specs, and some of these can’t even 2HKO goodra with their specs-boosted attacks. not only that, but goodra‘s own specs set is still as devastatingly powerful as ever, made even better with access to steel-type STAB to threaten the fairies that would normally halt its rampage. here‘s a set I made for hisuian goodra as a special wallbreaker

Goodra-Hisui @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

and here are some other calcs i made to show goodra’s damage output when equipped with choice specs:

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra-Hisui Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 254-300 (62.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra-Hisui Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 296-350 (75.1 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra-Hisui Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 309-364 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

-252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra-Hisui Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Corviknight: 362-428 (90.5 - 107%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra-Hisui Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Hippowdon: 312-368 (74.2 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

honestly goodra seems versatile in how it can effectively function, whether as a tank, or a special wallbreaker, or hell, even a physical wallbreaker with sap sipper. regardless, i think that goodra will find itself a place somewhere in the higher tiers, most likely on stall and bulky offense. although only time can tell whether or not goodra will actually make a splash in gen 9 OU, since again, this is all hypothetical, i am still relatively confident that it will have some sort of niche in the SV metagame.

Last edited:
not sure if this is the right place to ask but what do y’all think of hisuian goodra? i’ve been thinking about it, and its bulk and typing could make it into a near unbreakable special wall, especially if given access to reliable recovery. here’s a hypothetical tank set i’ve made that could see high level use

Goodra-Hisui @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVS: 0 Spe
- Dragon Tail
- Iron Defense
- Toxic
- Recover

unfortunately, with the potential threat of two other hypothetically broken hisuian forms in hisuian lilligant and ursaluna, this could take some time to be truly discovered. but honestly, if given this moveset, goodra could finally become the effective special wall its stats have always wanted it to be! especially if it has iron defense to boost its weaker defense stat and make it even harder to take down.

now again, this is all hypothetical, and it might not even get access to any of these moves, but i think it has some mad potential as a dragon-type wall, since you can never go wrong with being able to stave off some of the metagame’s most powerful special attackers, while not being as passive as some of the other special walls in the current metagame cough Blissey cough. i mean, just look at these calcs:

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 172-204 (47.2 - 56%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 144-169 (39.5 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 189-223 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 192-226 (52.7 - 62%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 212-250 (58.2 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 189-223 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 176-208 (48.3 - 57.1%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

mind you, these are some of the most devastating special wallbreakers the tier has ever seen, all equipped with choice specs, and some of these can’t even 2HKO goodra with their specs-boosted attacks. not only that, but goodra‘s own specs set is still as devastatingly powerful as ever, made even better with access to steel-type STAB to threaten the fairies that would normally halt its rampage. here‘s a set I made for hisuian goodra as a special wallbreaker

Goodra-Hisui @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

and here are some other calcs i made to show goodra’s damage output when equipped with choice specs:

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra-Hisui Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 254-300 (62.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra-Hisui Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 296-350 (75.1 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra-Hisui Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 309-364 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

-252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Corviknight: 362-428 (90.5 - 107%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Hippowdon: 312-368 (74.2 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

honestly goodra seems versatile in how it can effectively function, whether as a tank, or a special wallbreaker, or hell, even a physical wallbreaker with sap sipper. regardless, i think that goodra will find itself a place somewhere in the higher tiers, most likely on stall and bulky offense. although only time can tell whether or not goodra will actually make a splash in gen 9 OU, since again, this is all hypothetical, i am still relatively confident that it will have some sort of niche in the SV metagame.
I heard that there's a separate Showdown server where you can battle with the Hisuian mons. Can't find it though

I heard that there's a separate Showdown server where you can battle with the Hisuian mons. Can't find it though
From what I understand, the stats are programmed in to regular Showdown, but none of the movepools are. You can use them in custom games, but you need to be checking legality yourself.

W
The omniboost and its flipside, which I think is an omnideboost, is also just an arceus thing because moves that change stats just...work like that in this game, for some reason.
Like Calm Mind is an omniboost in this game.

It's more likely that Springtide will just have a chance to raise/lower something like Special Attack/Special Defense at once, personally.

---
Also I gotta wonder, is Calaba meant to be anyone's ancestor? There's so few wholly-original characters in the game I'm always second guessing myself. Same with the restaurant guy who I can only pin down to Cilan (green hair, restaurant) or Aaron (...g-green hair, really that's it) at best so he might just be original too.
Wally is Beni’s descendant and Roark/Byron is Calaba’s descendant

It's like a Spearow/Doduo situation. The key point you're not thinking is in-game balance. Rowlet is available wayyyyyy earlier than Petilil. That's its niche. It ain't much tbh because lol Grass, but...

Honestly, none of the starters look that hot to me. Apparently Dewott lost Razor Shell, Cyndaquil was never all that and in this game you get a sidequest Shiny Ponyta and a Chimchar, so there's plenty of competition. If it gets Wisp early, I can see it working though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)