Programming Pokémon Teambuilding Assistant

I'm thinking of making a project that can help people with creating their own teams in a simple way, the idea is that you will start by choosing a pokemon and its role in the team (breaker, sweeper, etc.) then it will auto-suggest other options for pokemon with certain criteria that I'm yet thinking of.

For example, I chose to use a dual screens Tapu Koko (setter) it will suggest to me that I would use something like an electric seed Hawlucha (sweeper) and then it'll suggest a breaker and so on.

Currently, everything will be hardcoded but eventually, I might make an AI out of it to give more accurate suggestions to the player

Unfortunately, I'm not a good teambuilder so I do need help in finding resources to add to my program.
Resource - SS OU DLC2 Viability Ranking Thread [See Page 53] | Smogon Forums
Resource - SS OU Good Cores | Smogon Forums
I have found these two links that can help me create the parameters for this program anything else?

I think you can also check the Smogon Dex Entry for the Pokémon you have selected. I will explain myself: imagine you are going to create a new team based around, as you said, Tapu Koko dual screens. Your Ai or program, or the way you would like to name it, could search for Tapu Koko dex entry and find what are its most common checks and counter.

Then it can suggest some solutions to deal with this checks and counters and so on. I am not really into coding so I dont know if this is possible but anyways :D

You can also check for the Player Interviews alongise this forum in order to see how other people (with way mor experience than you and me) bulid their teams. There are many of them and some are quite interesting.

Another interesting feature will be checking your role compression on the team. When you have selected 3/4 Pokémon the programm could suggest you other Pokémon that fulfill your team with new roles thata are not covered yet. Imagine you have selected 3 Pokémon and noone of them can learn SR, Spikes etc. etc. or maybe you have selected some sets without thos movements; the programm should be able to tell you what u are lacking of. Every team should (maybe must) have some roles that are mandatory.

I think you can also check the Smogon Dex Entry for the Pokémon you have selected. I will explain myself: imagine you are going to create a new team based around, as you said, Tapu Koko dual screens. Your Ai or program, or the way you would like to name it, could search for Tapu Koko dex entry and find what are its most common checks and counter.

Then it can suggest some solutions to deal with this checks and counters and so on. I am not really into coding so I dont know if this is possible but anyways :D

You can also check for the Player Interviews alongise this forum in order to see how other people (with way mor experience than you and me) bulid their teams. There are many of them and some are quite interesting.

Another interesting feature will be checking your role compression on the team. When you have selected 3/4 Pokémon the programm could suggest you other Pokémon that fulfill your team with new roles thata are not covered yet. Imagine you have selected 3 Pokémon and noone of them can learn SR, Spikes etc. etc. or maybe you have selected some sets without thos movements; the programm should be able to tell you what u are lacking of. Every team should (maybe must) have some roles that are mandatory.
Well this is the current idea, the pokemon will be divided into roles and types, this program will simply see what you are lacking and suggest it first alongside the good cores forum I linked it will suggest what you lack in terms of type, role, and synergy maybe.

Reactions: pix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)