Pokémon Lab - the successor to Shoddy Battle

Ok i know i'm going to sound like an idiot but can anyone tell me exactly how to get this working from scratch?

I never played shoddy but thought it sounded interesting so i want to give it a go. Do i need to download Shoddy before I can install Lab?

When i download the pokelab.jnlp Windows says i need to use Java Web Start but I'm googling it and failing to find somewhere that i can download it so i'm pretty lost on how to get this working

Ok i know i'm going to sound like an idiot but can anyone tell me exactly how to get this working from scratch?

I never played shoddy but thought it sounded interesting so i want to give it a go. Do i need to download Shoddy before I can install Lab?

When i download the pokelab.jnlp Windows says i need to use Java Web Start but I'm googling it and failing to find somewhere that i can download it so i'm pretty lost on how to get this working
I'm pretty sure you have to go download java here:http://www.java.com/en/.
Hope I helped.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Just download and install Java from the official website. No need to install Shoddy Battle. This is a completely new program.

both of you guys, this is because of updates to Pokemon Lab. It's still in Beta so there's a lot of work, mainly relatively minor tweaks, being done. Each change requires it to "re-download"
That makes sense. It only takes about 30 seconds, so it's not really a huge inconvenience anyway. PokeLab is to Shoddy, what a person is to a chimp. At least I think so.

Wondering if I can get a solid answer. I'm trying to set my friend up with PokéLab. He has a 32-bit computer which is incapable of running Java 6 as far as I know (java 6 is 64-bit only on Mac I believe). Does anyone know if there is anyway to fix this besides the obvious and possibly necessary option of having to purchase a new computer?

Making a team

can we make it were when you look for a pokemon you can sort them by fully evovled, ou, ube etc.

So... every time I try to open Pokelab, I get an error:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

I don't know what it means or how to fix it. I'm using a Mac OS X Verson 10.5.8, and as far as I know, I have Java SE 6 installed and in use.

I just tried it out yesterday, and have to say I was fully blown away. It's so much better. Though I can't quite figure out how those folders in Team Builder work, though admittedly I didn't take much time.

It was kind of amusing to find people who were SDVenusaur weak on the UU ladder.

It says that I've been banned until 3009/17 21:53:48. Honestly, I haven't done anything wrong, or I'm not aware I did and I haven't gotten any notification about it. But, considering 7 years is a long time to wait it out, anyone have an explanation?

hello everyone im new to this forum and i was thinking of downloading shoddy lab soon tell me what is lab like?

I'm immensely disappointed with the lack of feedback both myself and others are getting on the subject of the application not even working. Can anyone help?

I'm immensely disappointed with the lack of feedback both myself and others are getting on the subject of the application not even working. Can anyone help?
Read the sticky threads here and the information on the Pokemon Lab website, and if you are still having problems, be more specific in what trouble you're having.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)