Pokémon Lab - the successor to Shoddy Battle

This thing's so cool ^^

A lot less ugly than Shoddy Battle.

I hope that we will be able to play older gens on this since I've been a bit nostalgic as of late...

EDIT: oh and i <3 cathy now (not as much as drifloon tho, sorry)

Cathy

Banned deucer.
So apparantly you can tie now. How does this work in the rating systems?
Theoretically, getting a draw against a better player is almost as good as a win, so it should work like a win for you and a loss for the better player, but a bit weaker of an effect statistically. However, I wasn't sure the best way to translate that into the actual mathematics, so I went with something simpler: draws lower your deviation as normal, but have no effect on your rating.

Thinking there, something that resulted in many mnay people getting kicked every hour was asking for battles.
If there was a seperate chat for challenges would it work? Now that we can do doubles and six aside, its pretty hard using the find tab to play some one who would be up for the same type of match and rules.
Would it be possible or will we stay refering people to the find tab?
Like Ill be honest, the years that ive been on shoddy, the few times I wanted to experiment with 6 aside matches, Ive felt fairly uncomfortable asking for them in the main chat and had little luck with the find tab.

I can't download this for some reason, can anyone help?

Every time Java Web Start finishes installing, I get this message
[removed]

Good job on the program guys. Ran into a problem just now actually.

I switched to my swampert, to which his pokemon had 2% left and poisoned. I used curse... For some reason the defender fainted first and the line appeared

Used curse
But there was no target!

Someone want to explain/ fix this? :P

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I can't download this for some reason, can anyone help?

Every time Java Web Start finishes installing, I get this message
[removed]
You need to open the file with Java Web Start (javaws), not whatever random Microsoft program you are opening it with.

I switched to my swampert, to which his pokemon had 2% left and poisoned. I used curse... For some reason the defender fainted first and the line appeared

Used curse
But there was no target!

Someone want to explain/ fix this? :P
Post bug reports on the issue tracker, not on the forum.

But before you post a bug, research the correct behaviour. What you just described is not a bug. It is the correct in-game mechanics. Curse is always non-single user target, and is supposed to give that failure message if there is no target, and not give any boosts.

I have a small question, do anyone know of a site where I could download HGSS sprites into Pokemon Lab?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When trying to run it, I get this message.

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Pokemon Lab
Vendor: Catherine Fitzpatrick & Benjamin Gwin
Category: Unexpected Error

Unexpected exception: java.lang.Exception

With the exception being: java.lang.Exception
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.continueLaunch(Launcher.java:927)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleApplicationDesc(Launcher.java:527)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleLaunchFile(Launcher.java:219)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:166)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Any suggestions (mac user)?

Quick question:

Is Pokemon Lab going to be another separate download, or will you guys just keep building onto the already released version?

tehy

Banned deucer.
Can you guys make the find tab still be on the forum area?

It's a lot more convenient and such.

I really like this. :)

My only problem so far is how in a battle when you double click a move you use it...maybe it's just because I'm on a laptop but this is kind of inconvenient. :P

PokeLab uses Smogon Accounts and it's against the rules to create another Smogon account. You will be able to battle anonymously in the future but no alts are allowed.
I don't want to sound like a trouble-maker, but how do mods know if someone has an alt or not?

Actually, you can both ladder and build teams on PokeLab. Both can be found by clicking on "File", then "Team Builder" or "Find."
When I posted that, those weren't options on PokeLab. Not on my computer. Maybe it was being stupid. But they're there now. I used Shoddy, so I know how the "Find" tab works.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got on Lab for the first time in a week. It's been updated. I can now say that I think it's superior to Shoddy. Huzzah for admins!

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just downloaded it; it's awesome! Just one thing though (I'm posting it here because I'm not sure if it's a bug or not): Whenever I open the application it has to redownload...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)