Pokémon GO

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
With the Psychic event going on now, certainly make it a priority to catch and trade as many Abra and Ralts as possible. This is an opportunity time for Alakazam to learn the legacy move Psychic and even the Mega raids Alakazam already knows Psychic so that's a must as the other move Future Sight sucks as I went through my older stuff and transferred them. Alakazam easily replaces Slowbro as the budget Psychic mega until Mega Mewtwo ever comes out which I expect to be a spectacle and should have a 3rd stage mega ready for whenever that possibly happens. When 2 of my alts became lucky with each other I did a shiny Alakazam trade and was happy with the results with 15/15/14 & 15/14/14, not a shiny lucky hundo but close enough at least.

Expert Evan

If any of you are from the southern hemisphere, which mainly includes Australia, South Africa & South America, you're all in huge demand for Celesteela raids which ideally needs 3-4 trainers with good fire and electric types to take it down.

Expert Evan

Same, I know Australia is literally on the other side of the world from me so hopefully we can be on at same time. If anyone needs needs Kartana I can easily duo it with my alt though I always appreciate the company when doing these raids to get it done faster. Kartana may be smaller than a Ralts (hence the tiny circle when catching) but it ranks highest as a non-mega, non-mythical as a grass type attacker for raids & gyms but not recommended for the GBL.

I don't really have people to raid with. If I invite people to fight Celesteela can they invite their own friends?

Also Celesteela used Bulldoze which destroyed my Fire and Electric types so watch out for that.

I would definitely appreciate being invited to fight Kartana too.

Expert Evan

Unfortunately can't chain invite, though it would be a nice feature. I can certainly refer others so they can be friends to be added as well.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Just to say that according to an image someone in my raid group shared, the raid hour next week will switch Kartana and Celesteela's hemispheres around. I haven't seen this confirmed by an official source so don't take it for sure, but it may be worth waiting until/unless it's confirmed.

QuentinQuonce

I know it's probably wishful thinking for some but I'd be hard pressed if Niantic was really going to swap like I saw cleverly posted on Twitter previously.
Ah, well. I figured it was probably too good to be true.

Still, I'm not going to get too upset by it. People in my group atm are waiting on Pokegenie for raids and despairing at how massive the queues are - I really don't see the need. I'm not too fussed about chasing it. It'll be more widely available at some point. I personally dislike using remote raid passes on anything that cannot be shiny so I would be unlikely to use up a remote raid pass on a Celesteela raid.

That said, the best thing to do if you really want one is probably to add Australian players on code-swapping sites and hope for a random raid invite. I'm in the UK and have added randoms from the USA, South America, Asia, and Australia so occasionally do get random remote invites to raids in Tokyo or California or wherever.

Expert Evan

I am still without a Celesteela and I know coordinating a raid in Australia is certainly a challenge, especially since a Wednesday raid hour of 6pm is actually 4am my time which I'm lucky if I'm ever up at that time. So I'd be up to any early morning Celesteela raids from Australia so long as we have enough, maybe I can get my alt a friendship if necessary.

edit: as an update, my mystic alt now has a hundo Kartana, so I intend to power up in a week or 2, doubtful I'll reach 296 xl candies to potentially max it out as that requires spending money I can't count on.

Last edited:

QuentinQuonce

Looks like the leaker who said we'd get Roggenrola, Litwick, and Teddiursa Community Days might have been right after all! If Teddiursa does happen in November (presumably with Ursaluna debuting) I for one will be extremely pleased.

Litwick is excellent and the first Community Day in a very long while I can see myself grinding very hard for. I've been wanting lots more Gen V species utilised for Community Days for quite some time and I hope there's lots more to come.
  • Klink seems inevitable at some point
  • Vanillite would make a great winter candidate, possibly next January or the one after
  • Sewaddle has been kept rare for so long but is finally more common this season - I could see its shiny being released in the upcoming Fashion Week event, but that doesn't preclude a Community Day eventually
  • Timburr also feels like an inevitability
  • Gothita and Solosis definitely both feel like good candidates
  • Lillipup, quite possibly
  • Venipede, perhaps
  • Sandile yes please but when? Probably 2026 at the earliest
  • Drilbur actually seems like quite a good candidate
  • Tynamo definitely would be great
  • I'd probably be literally the only person who'd be happy about it but I'd actually love a Dwebble Community Day
  • We all know Axew's coming
  • Rufflet? Maybe?
Yeah there's loads of good candidates from Gen V and as someone thoroughly sick of Kanto species I say bring 'em on!

Expert Evan

I actually would like a Teddiursa community day only since I have yet to evolve a shadow hundo I got a few years ago, it was my first ever. Since then I've gotten a Snorlax and a Mudkip (waiting for another opportunity to remove Frustration and a possible Hoenn event).

edit: saw Gozbu's raid invitations but seemed to expire by the time I try to get to them. Hopefully there's another one soon.

Last edited:
so... in-person only Elite raids are a thing now: 24 hour timer, 30 min raid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/y46onc
Seems to replace(?) EX raids, taking place only at EX gyms. The first batch are Sunday after Saturday's community day, at ~ 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm, featuring Hoopa unbound.

On the one hand, I like them putting more mythicals in raids. On the other hand, not as much a fan of them being in-person only. I understand Niantic's desire to get people to do more in-person stuff, and appreciate that lately they are trying to do it without nerfing remote features, but they are introducing it when temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere are plummeting and covid cases are rising. If Niantic wants me to Pokemon GO outside right now, it's gonna take a lot more than Hoopa to do it.

In yesterday's news, we also got details about the Halloween event part 1:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/y38dcx
I could use shiny G-Yamask and Noibat/Noivern for my living dex, so hoping I can snag at least one of those. (Noibat is boosted in 7k eggs only, I think). Apparently pokestops will also have some decorations during the event, which I'm looking forward to.

No details on part 2 yet, but datamines suggest a certain dark type mon might be released. Hopefully there are some other fun surprises... Hoping for Marshadow, even if they put it in one of these elite raids, but expecting it won't happen either way :P.

QuentinQuonce

so... in-person only Elite raids are a thing now: 24 hour timer, 30 min raid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/y46onc
Seems to replace(?) EX raids, taking place only at EX gyms. The first batch are Sunday after Saturday's community day, at ~ 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm, featuring Hoopa unbound.

On the one hand, I like them putting more mythicals in raids. On the other hand, not as much a fan of them being in-person only. I understand Niantic's desire to get people to do more in-person stuff, and appreciate that lately they are trying to do it without nerfing remote features, but they are introducing it when temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere are plummeting and covid cases are rising. If Niantic wants me to Pokemon GO outside right now, it's gonna take a lot more than Hoopa to do it.
I'm soooo excited to stand around for 45 minutes waiting for the egg to hatch and then have no one else turn up in person.

I don't want another Hoopa that badly but I am curious as to whether it can be solo'd or duo'd since it has a 4x Bug weakness.

No details on part 2 yet, but datamines suggest a certain dark type mon might be released.
Which one?

Expert Evan

I'm back from a recent trip to Egypt and Turkey so those receiving gifts and wondering, that's where I've been. Egypt is where Sigilyph and the Pharoah trim for Furfrou are exclusive in the game. Changing Furfrou form was easy, tracking down Sigilyph was a challenge and often logged into the game to see if it showed up at the hotel I was staying at, which fortunately it did, otherwise, the streets of Egypt are like playing Frogger to get from one side to the other since they hardly have any traffic lights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)