Metagame Pokébilities

Hey! I was checking out this thread and I thought this OM looked super interesting. Anyways, looking at Diggersby, having Cheek Pouch grants Diggersby semi-reliable recovery in combination with any berry of your choice. I thought up a fun little Sub-Starf set, but it's essentially just fishing for Acupressure boosts.

Diggersby @ Starf Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
Ability: Huge Power
- Recycle
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Substitute

is there any plans to bring this to gen 8?
On the subject of Gen 8, I have a hunch that the following Pokemon are gonna go in this gen:

Have you had trouble picking between Pressure and Mirror Armor? Welp, now that's a thing of the past, along with the ability to stop Berry-holders on top of that as an added bonus. Corviknight's probably one of the best set-up sweepers in the entire meta that can reliably Bulk Up boost with Mirror Armor blocking and bouncing back Intimidate, and Pressure to PP-stall. Meanwhile, pinch berries, super-effective berries (Coba, Babiri, and Chople Berry in this case depending on your choice of attacking moves), Sitrus Berry, etc won't work thanks to Unnerve. Scary-looking mon.

Hustle/Strong Jaw + Volt/Water Absorb + Sand Rush = busted Draco fossils. It's also kinda funny how they soft-check themselves thanks to Volt/Water Absorb rendering opposing Bolt Beak and Fishious Rend, respectively, useless although they have to watch for Dragon-type moves.

The meta's saving grace against the above Draco fossils. Immune to both of their main attacks while it can also benefit from Swift Swim in rain.

Dragapult will be horrifying. Clear Body to ignore Intimidate and Sticky Web, Infiltrator to bypass Substitute and screens, and Cursed Body that can disable moves at times.

LO Magic Guard Clefable can now ignore stat boosts w/ Unaware. Run.

Ban this.

Yeah, it will be nice to see it in gen 8! I never had the chance to play it anywhere :(
Probably Excadrill will be quickbanned, almost everyone already saw death itself or calced everything.
Eldegoss looks interesting (Cottondown, regenerator, effect spore.) Bad stats tho.

some interesting things i've theorized for some mons in no order at all:

- duraludon just gets stalwart LOL
- perrserker gets steely spirit + tough claws which'll be interesting
- obstagoon gets reckless + defiant + guts, plus a stab double edge
- toxtricity gets punk rock + technician which might finally make snarl viable in singles?
- if i'm not mistaken, everything with an unreleased hidden ability gets its hidden ability which means stuff like libero cinderace exists
- corsola will have reduced viability due to the fact that it HAS to run weak armor
- dracovish gets strong jaw, water absorb, and sand rush. oh no

and some questions i have
- how will coalossal work? it gets steam engine and flash fire, so which one will activate first?
- how will darmanitan-galar work? does it get a choice band plus zen mode as its ability?

Honestly G-Corsola benefits from Weak Armor somewhat in that the Increased Speed can allow it to whip out a last-second destiny Bond as a "taking you with me" button and makes it somewhat more able to get Strength Saps off. I don't think it's viability will be reduced per se.

Honestly G-Corsola benefits from Weak Armor somewhat in that the Increased Speed can allow it to whip out a last-second destiny Bond as a "taking you with me" button and makes it somewhat more able to get Strength Saps off. I don't think it's viability will be reduced per se.
After one weak armor boost it is still less than 200 speed, unless you invest in speed which really takes away from it's walling ability, on top of the fact weak armor lowering it's defense which already makes it much worse at doing what it's supposed to do: walling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)