Please Wear Your Gasmask - Poison Monotype Team

Who should fill the Last Slot (Nidokings)?

• Nidoking

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Crobat

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Amoongus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venusaur

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Roserade

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Scolipede

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

This is my attempt at a Poison Monotype team.
To Begin, this Monotype team is based around Toxic Spikes, being a Poison Team I figured infecting my opponents with Poison would be the right way to about it.

The team is a balanced team, to some extent a Semi-Stall.
I'm just looking for some advice.

Since there isn't any true lead to this team... I guess we'll begin with the more Defensive side of the team!

Tentacruel
@ Black Sludge
Nature- Calm
Ability- Rain Dish
Ev's: 252 HP, 224 SpDef, 32 Speed

-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Ice Beam

Overview:
Tentacruel is almost necessary on a Monotype team, being the only Special Defensive Poison thats really worth using. Scald is for burns, burning Steels (who are generally physical) is great since they are immune to Toxic Spikes. Rapid Spin is also vital to keep hazards off the field, which is so important due to the difficulty in keeping mono teams alive in the first place. Ice Beam is for coverage, as much fun as Protect is to stall out and gain HP back, it helps hit a pleathora of Pokemon. It does great against SubHydreigon, whose best counters include Blissey and Tentacruel duh...

Weezing
@ Black Sludge
Nature- Bold
Ability- Levitate
Ev's: 248 HP, 252 Def, 8 SpDef

-Will O Wisp
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]

Overview:
Weezing, honestly is better than his tiering in my personal opinion. His great defense, typing, and moveset make him great. Now don't get me wrong, he's no Skarmory or Gliscor, but he's certainly a brilliant Defensive Poke. Will-O-Wisp for burns, he is the Defensive Sponge of this team after all. Flamethrower for damage on Scizor's, Lucario's you name it. Thunderbolt because, well, even though Gyarados is very uncommon, it can do a number on this team. Now... Pain Split is very important to a Weezing, but without a way to deal with Dragons, it was almost necessary. But hey suggestions to fix this would be very nice.

Drapion
@ Black Sludge
Nature- Careful
Ability- Battle Armor
Ev's: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SpDef

-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Whirlwind

Overview:
Drapion is completely necessary, could you imagine... Toxicroak's dead, and Alakazam comes in... Without Drapion the team falls apart. It deals with Espeon and Alakazam, and if weakened enough Reuniclus. Crunch is there to hit those Psychics. Rock Slide is for Volcarona just in case. If my Toxic Spikes are gone and Volcarona is under sun, Tentacruel can't truly stop it. My hope here is just that I survive and kill it off. Earthquake is here for coverage. Whirlwind to try and help break up Baton Pass chains and boosting sweepers.

Defense is boring... how about we talk a little Offense, everybody loves Offense right?

Gengar
@ Black Sludge
Nature- Timid
Ability- Levitate
Ev's: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed

-Substitute
-Disable
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

Overview:
Gengar is my fastest Pokemon, and is the Glue to both the offense and defense. He is the teams Anti Spinner and one of the top abusers of Toxic Spikes on the team. He forces switches commonly and gets easy subs up. Disable to well, Disable my opponents threatening moves. Shadow Ball for stab, and alongside it we get Focus Blast for perfect coverage. Does it get too much better?

Toxicroak
@ Black Sludge
Nature- Adamant
Ability- Dry Skin
Ev's: 244 HP, 252 Atk, 12 Speed

-Substitute
-Drain Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Bulk Up

Overview:
Toxicroak is amazing, with Toxic Spike support beind a Sub Toxicroak is awesome. Bulking up boosts Attacks and Defense. Drain Punch for insta HP and STAB attack damage. Sucker Punch is for Priority and kills of many of Toxicroaks threats. Another Pokemon with great coverage. It attacks as a primary counter to many Pokemon and is invaluable to this team.

Nidoking
@ Life Orb
Nature- Timid
Ability- Sheer Force
Ev's: 4 Def, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed

-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower

Overview:
Nidoking is one of my favorites, but it's to bad he fits in this slot. Nobody really seems to fit here, but we'll discuss that shortly. The Goal of Nidoking is just to finish, batter, or simply beat down opponents. He doesn't have great synergy with the team but has been pretty good in some instances. His entire movepool is straightforward get coverage and hit the Pokemon with the appropriate attack.

This last slot is up for grabs, theres just not that many usable Poison types. One Pokemon that I could use would be Crobat, Speed, Taunt, Super Fang, it's all pretty good, but i'm not sure how to really fit it in. This is the part of the team that needs the most help. So please, thank you for reading, and im hoping for some advice.​

for weezing, pain split>> hidden power ice. He'll be a much better wall

will o wisp pretty much makes dragons useless anyway.

I honestly have no idea what I was thinking, i mustve made some mental error there somewhere :P, I do like HP Ice for Gliscor still, im sure I'll make the change to Pain Split soon, but want to do some testing first.

Truly a good job at a poison team. Poison types do not get a lot of credit because they have only one type that shine over and take a lot of damage from others. But I can see where you are going. As for the last spot, Crobat is a good Choice, and here is moveset I think would be Viable.

Crobat
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
Item: Flying Gem
Acrobatics
Cross Poison
Hypnosis
Super Fang

And another Pokemon to possible fill a Spot on this team is Roserade.

Roserade
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Item: Black Sludge or Life Orb
Sleep Powder
Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
Toxic Spikes
Venoshock/Sludge Bomb/HP Ice/HP Fire

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Hey just a couple of questions!

1) What was your reasoning behind using bulk up over swords dance? isn't sucker punch's priority enough to KO most pokes with 2x attack?

2) Why are you running rain dish on tentacruel with no rain dancers on your team? is there something I'm missing?

Thnx for reading I know this post is old but hopefully you still answer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)