Please someone explain (BUG?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I just posting here because i think i found a bug, i was having some fun with my baton pass team tonight in GSCUU in the RoA ladder and than... well i think is better to show you guys:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2uu-415260503

Thats right... my scyther was OHKO'ed by that blastoise surf with +2special defense and a light screen up.....

Oddly enough, i went to check in the poke calculator and, mindblow, if you put +2specialD and light screen up on scyther, he will be OHKO'ed by pretty much any special attack from any poke... if you take out the light screen or the +2SeD, than the damage is reduced.

Seems to be a Scyther thing only... if you put another poke with +2specialD and light screen up, the damage is reduced as should.

So, is that a bug or is intended? And if is intended, why?!

When stats go over 999 in GSC, they roll-over and become super shitty. You'll see something similar with Thick Club Marowak after an SD (its Attack totally drops and barely does anything.) In Marowak's case, lowering its Atk DVs to 13 instead of 15 does the trick. You could try lowering Scyther's SpD DVs or EVs if you usually plan on boosting its SpD that much; alternatively, just don't boost it up that high to avoid the problem~

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
Hi! I just posting here because i think i found a bug, i was having some fun with my baton pass team tonight in GSCUU in the RoA ladder and than... well i think is better to show you guys:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2uu-415260503

Thats right... my scyther was OHKO'ed by that blastoise surf with +2special defense and a light screen up.....

Oddly enough, i went to check in the poke calculator and, mindblow, if you put +2specialD and light screen up on scyther, he will be OHKO'ed by pretty much any special attack from any poke... if you take out the light screen or the +2SeD, than the damage is reduced.

Seems to be a Scyther thing only... if you put another poke with +2specialD and light screen up, the damage is reduced as should.

So, is that a bug or is intended? And if is intended, why?!
It's intended

When stats go over 999 in GSC, they roll-over and become super shitty. You'll see something similar with Thick Club Marowak after an SD (its Attack totally drops and barely does anything.) In Marowak's case, lowering its Atk DVs to 13 instead of 15 does the trick. You could try lowering Scyther's SpD DVs or EVs if you usually plan on boosting its SpD that much; alternatively, just don't boost it up that high to avoid the problem~
Hmm, i though light screen didnt double the SeD, but rather halve the opposing poke damage.

Well, thank you both for the fast answer!

Crystal_'s video says this was fixed in crystal version. Seems to me we should be using crystal version for PS! simulation as i think the precedent is to use the most recent version of a generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)