SM OU Please help me with this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have been playing Pokemon for 13 years, but only now have I got into competitive play. This is the first team I made, so I don’t expect it to be very good. I played a bit with it in Showdown, and got a few wins, but also a couple losses.
So here’s the team:

D76B274C-EC9A-43E4-B4C9-C445A52473FD.png

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
Mega Charizard Y is the main pokemon on the team. It’s my special sweeper and the reason I got the team. It’s high attack stats plus the drought stab boost and insta solar beam are really helpful.

3553F0A8-316D-4C2C-885A-184C035CA9B2.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 140 Def / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
Tyranitar was the second addition on the team. It’s a good pursuit trapper and can be a good wallbreaker sometimes. Also, it’s sand stream ability assures Charizars sun whenever it enters and really helps the next pokemon in the team.

68A47025-32AF-4E5A-819A-B619724F407A.png

Excadrill (M) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
Excadrill is a really strong pokemon in the team. With Ttar’s sand it gets a base 176 speed, and Steelium Z gives it a strong 160 power move. Also it spins the stealth rock that take Charizard half of its HP.

4908AFA1-B9E8-47D6-93BC-B47C1A0C8223.png

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn is my lead. It’s quite tanky and can set up spikes (sometimes more than 2 layers) and leech seed. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are its attacking moves. It saved me against trick room teams, because it can outslow them, and do some nice damage.

514CF84E-3071-4F34-A9DB-77DD14DD9546.jpeg

Toxapex (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic
Toxapex is my other wall. Normally it enters right after Ferrothorn, when they send fire against it. The pex also likes the switch-in switch-out thing that’s going on, as that makes it always have good HP.

0251D29B-7201-4327-AACE-79FE75BB7CA6.png

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
Gliscor was the last addition to this team. It can set up stealth rock, and usually enters when I know there’s an earthquake or rock slide coming.

I often have problems with Dragon types (Garchomps for instance) and stall teams. Maybe teaching Ice Punch to Gliscor would solve the Dragons problem. What to you guys think?

Last edited:
Please for the love of Arceus replace the pictures with something from here: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/
Your team is hard to look at with the giant pictures you're currently using.

Also, you should definitely move the 4 HP EVs on Charizard to one of the defenses. This lets it survive two Stealth Rock switchins with one health remaining instead of being 2HKOed outright.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)