Please god can we sort by moves Pokemon learn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I find it extremely tedious to try and look through every single Pokemon's movepool to see if it has a particular move I need for a team. For example, I'm looking for a good Heal Bell user for my current gen 9 team. I know Aromatherapy & Heal Bell got utterly nuked this generation, so few mons have them. The problem comes in finding out what those mons are. This circles back to what I said before-- sure, I COULD look through every movepool of every pokemon in the dex right now....or we could implement a feature that makes these processes much less tedious.

(P.S. I don't mean to sound impatient with this or whatnot. I appreciate showdown immensely for the access it gives people to the pokemon experience for free. This is just a gripe I've had sitting in the back of my mind for a while now, and I figured I'd bring it up since it has become an even larger headache with all these new mons + tiers other than OU not being around yet.)

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
If you go into teambuilder and pick a format (in this case, SV OU), you can just search a move and it'll list mons that learn it:
1669014837922.png

Otherwise, you can use the /ds (dexsearch, in this case would be SV dex) and /nds (national dex search) commands in any chat to search the movepools of every mon. For example, /ds aromatherapy will list every Pokemon that currently gets it.

Are these what you're looking for?

If you go into teambuilder and pick a format (in this case, SV OU), you can just search a move and it'll list mons that learn it:
View attachment 467454

Otherwise, you can use the /ds (dexsearch, in this case would be SV dex) and /nds (national dex search) commands in any chat to search the movepools of every mon. For example, /ds aromatherapy will list every Pokemon that currently gets it.

Are these what you're looking for?
Yes, it would be thank you very much...though this brings up some interesting thoughts. I just checked and the only mon that gets Heal Bell is the Blissey line.

This makes me wonder how on earth people are saying stall strategies are going to die this gen...I mean, with so few Heal Bell mons, I feel like it'll become even MORE prevalent than it has in the past. Aromatherapy is even worse, with only one mon getting it-- and it's not even released yet.

Anywho, thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)