Project Player Of The Week Revived: Week 7 - Toy Time King

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Toy Time King
Favorite Pokemon: Flygon
Most used Pokemon: Mesprit
Most known for: PU Room Voice
TJ: Hey TTK, how are you doing today?
TTK: I'm doing alright TJ, thanks for asking! Just chilling rn.

TJ: Where did you get your name from?
TTK: This one is a funny one. One day in 2017, I returned to my Wii U to play Super Mario Galaxy, which I hadn't fully completed. There was a level called Toy Time Galaxy and it contained the hardest Power Star in the game imo and guess what? I completed it in one attempt after not playing for over 5 or so years. I was too shocked at my skills and at the time, I was coming back into Showdown and I wanted to change my name so "Toy Time King" it was.

TJ: Can you tell us a little about yourself outside of Smogon?
TTK: Outside of Smogon, I'm just your typical guy who plays games and watches a lot of anime. Outside of the internet let's say, I do some volunteering work with my cadets group and I do workouts pretty much daily unless I get distracted by the guys on Showdown and my irl friends. Used to play table tennis for like 4 years then I stopped. My school reached nationals at one point but I was a reserve lmao.

TJ: How and when did you get into competitive Pokemon? What drew you to PU?
TTK: I would say I got in competitive Pokemon properly during ORAS (I don't think gen5 battle spot with un-EV'd mons count). My earliest occurrence of playing Showdown was late 2015 when I started to play ORAS RU and continued to play it until end of SM RU beta when I got bored. I knew I didn't want to play higher tiers OU and UU so I moved to NU. Somehow I ended up in PU and stayed.

TJ: What's your favorite playstyle and why?
TTK: At this point I might as well say bulky offence but I just build without archetype in mind and the team comes out looking bulky offence kinda I guess. I do enjoy full offence but that's kinda bad in PU. No one wants to play the sacking game so yeah. But bulky offence is the most consistent playstyle and I like playing it. Can't build balance to save my life and stall is a different level of just no.

TJ: What are your thoughts on the current meta? What do you think is underrated atm?
TTK: I enjoy the meta right now. After I made my return after quitting for that period of time (who remembers that?), I knew the meta would improve and continue to improve after ferroclef meta ended. I did not enjoy facing them on every team but I will admit that it added a lot of reliable defensive backbone to teams that I think is kinda worse in this current meta. We have a lot of offensive threats that are very good right now and I enjoy using them but I do it troublesome to handle all of them at once. Maybe thats just my teambuilding coming into play but that's just me.

TJ: Who do you look up to as a player and/or person, and who are some of your favorite people in the PU community?
TTK: I wouldn't say I look up to any player per se, but people like Ktütverde and tlenit1, who can create teams with less niche mons and still be quite successful is really nice to see and I want to be able to do that also. Concerning my favourite people in the community, there are a lot. I cannot name everyone but the major people are the following: Specs (one of the chillest guys on the site), ShuckleDeath (next level cool), Oathkeepre (funny dude nice to talk with him), MamboTND (make a return pls), PhantomHurious (pun king himself), gum (constantly challenging me to games very good user), GeneralAnnoyance (got me into the best PU oldgen)

TJ: Who do you think are the top ten SM PU players and why?
TTK: Naming the top 10 players is a hard task but I'll say the best players of recent time are people like Megazard , Ktütverde, Teddeh, tlenit1, (he's up and coming but he's surely better than I), TJ, Taskr, HJAD. I know I'm missing 4 but names have escaped me.

TJ: Favorite Music / TV Show?
TTK: I have quite the unorthodox taste when it comes to music. I listen to Japanese music (weird I know). Just sounds very cool and I can jam with it like no other. French rap is also on my radar as well because French is my second language and you do get that one odd English song that doesn't sound too bad but my preference is Japanese music. TV show? More like "favourite anime" lol. My favourite anime has to "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann". Check it out if you haven't watched it. It's epic.

TJ: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
TTK: The number one place is Japan. I love games and I love anime so Japan would be paradise for me. I'll get to see headquarters of companies like Sony and Nintendo and get Japanese merch and whatnot. Sorry I'm a weeb guys can't help it.

TJ: Lastly, could you provide us with a team that reflects you with a briefly explain it?
TTK:

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash

Guzzlord @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 136 Def / 248 SpA / 60 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Something that I built recently and tried to get reqs with but to no avail. When it comes to my teambuilding, I tend to find a particular mon I want to build around (which was pompom) and build around it accordingly. Alolaslash is a nice partner, resists both pompom's weaknesses and gets rid of hazards while pompom is immune to ground. Stoutland and Guzz can just break holes through teams easily, Guzzlord handling phys def mons like Gurdurr and Tangela while Stout handles spdef like Roselia and whatnot. Ape for the obvious speed control and Mesprit for slow U-turn and rocks. Typical TTK team.

TJ: Thanks for your time, TTK! As always, if you guys have your own questions, feel free to ask them below! :blobthumbsup:

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Thanks for the s/o bro, ur a real one and a great friend

1. What's your dream job?

2. What's on your wish list for gen 8? (can be competitive related or in-game)

3. What are your mains and secondaries in Ultimate?

4. Assuming you want Mega Flygon, where would you want its stats to be buffed and what ability would you give it?

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Bonjour TTK!

Avez-vous copié mon nom? KTuTverde->KTTverde->verde sucks, lets keep KTT->swap swap swap->TTK. >:(

Why is NFE the best tier? Do you think Seadra could be ranked in PU too?

NU Highladder stats:
| 56 | Vikavolt-Totem | 2.34508% | 483 | 0.211% | 414 | 0.223% |
| 57 | Samurott | 2.28785% | 6742 | 2.947% | 5283 | 2.850% |
| 58 | Miltank | 2.26966% | 11418 | 4.990% | 9361 | 5.050% |
| 59 | Crabominable | 2.02887% | 2035 | 0.889% | 1536 | 0.829% |
| 60 | Camerupt-Mega | 1.99768% | 1109 | 0.485% | 1001 | 0.540% |
| 61 | Gorebyss | 1.83902% | 815 | 0.356% | 641 | 0.346% |
| 62 | Ferroseed | 1.76813% | 9215 | 4.027% | 8117 | 4.379% |
| 63 | Ambipom | 1.76801% | 23430 | 10.240% | 19401 | 10.466% |
| 64 | Aurorus | 1.74826% | 1560 | 0.682% | 1320 | 0.712% |
| 65 | Meowstic | 1.67745% | 1698 | 0.742% | 1400 | 0.755% |
| 66 | Cryogonal | 1.67739% | 7416 | 3.241% | 5813 | 3.136% |

Thoughts on this? Camel allowed in PU despite being NUBL y/n? Would you join my clan of #iusebothspinanddefogoncryo<3

Thx for the s/o and keep being the amazing person you are:)

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
1. Does pineapple belong on pizza? (no)

2. What's your favourite food?

3. Is there a mon that you consider to be overrated atm?

4. Lilli: Ban or No Ban?
1. Ew that shiz is nasty my bro
2. Hard question but chicken is p nice all the time.
3. Overrated? Probably Scyther.
4. Get that stuff out of here right now!

Thanks for the s/o bro, ur a real one and a great friend

1. What's your dream job?

2. What's on your wish list for gen 8? (can be competitive related or in-game)

3. What are your mains and secondaries in Ultimate?

4. Assuming you want Mega Flygon, where would you want its stats to be buffed and what ability would you give it?
Thanks Specs!!
1. I want to be a games developper. Might as well do the thing you love. Believe it or not, I have the entire plot of the game I want to make all in my head. It's quite long.
2. Walking pokemon I suppose. Tall order considering 800+ mons but a man can dream.
3. Ike main for Ultimate forever and Pokemon Trainer secondary (both my mains started in Brawl. Coincidence I think not)
4. Mega Flygon deserved obviously attack and speed buffs. Its defences are fine but a little boost will be fine. Imagine a 150 base attack flygon and 145 speed.? That's solid.

No ur next level cool.
No you you

Bonjour TTK!

Avez-vous copié mon nom? KTuTverde->KTTverde->verde sucks, lets keep KTT->swap swap swap->TTK. >:(

Why is NFE the best tier? Do you think Seadra could be ranked in PU too?

NU Highladder stats:
| 56 | Vikavolt-Totem | 2.34508% | 483 | 0.211% | 414 | 0.223% |
| 57 | Samurott | 2.28785% | 6742 | 2.947% | 5283 | 2.850% |
| 58 | Miltank | 2.26966% | 11418 | 4.990% | 9361 | 5.050% |
| 59 | Crabominable | 2.02887% | 2035 | 0.889% | 1536 | 0.829% |
| 60 | Camerupt-Mega | 1.99768% | 1109 | 0.485% | 1001 | 0.540% |
| 61 | Gorebyss | 1.83902% | 815 | 0.356% | 641 | 0.346% |
| 62 | Ferroseed | 1.76813% | 9215 | 4.027% | 8117 | 4.379% |
| 63 | Ambipom | 1.76801% | 23430 | 10.240% | 19401 | 10.466% |
| 64 | Aurorus | 1.74826% | 1560 | 0.682% | 1320 | 0.712% |
| 65 | Meowstic | 1.67745% | 1698 | 0.742% | 1400 | 0.755% |
| 66 | Cryogonal | 1.67739% | 7416 | 3.241% | 5813 | 3.136% |

Thoughts on this? Camel allowed in PU despite being NUBL y/n? Would you join my clan of #iusebothspinanddefogoncryo<3

Thx for the s/o and keep being the amazing person you are:)
1.Quel Horreur? Pour etre honnete, je n'ai pas créé le nom "TTK". Les gens sont trop paresseux taper "Toy Time King" donc "TTK" a fait.
2. NFE is second best tier because it's very fun to play just like PU. The meta is fun and its quite balanced (maybe not Servine that mon at least deserves a suspect)
3. Mega Camel would be broken. Sheer Force is like top 5 most busted abilities. And yes defog and spin cuz why not?

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
Who's the smelliest user in all of PU and why is it Jmash?
Anything you think is underrated in PU rn?
Outside of mons, what kinds of games do you like playing?
1. Jmash uses AV regice
2. ima say Simisage rn tbh people are sleeping on it rn but we will see how the meta changes after Lilli goes but definitely give this mon an opportunity.
3. Used to play League of Legends for 5 years (happy I stopped lul). Tbh I play a lot of games and I do enjoy my indie games like Hollow Knight and CrossCode. Everyone should try out Hollow Knight if you haven't had the chance to play it.

Katy

Banned deucer.
1. What is your favorite Gen5 Pokémon?
2. I know Christmas is still a few months away, but what would be your wish as a Christmas Gift?
3. The Earth has so many nice and beautiful landscapes, but to which place would you travel especially to enjoy your time, when you would be on vacation?

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
1. What is your favorite Gen5 Pokémon?
2. I know Christmas is still a few months away, but what would be your wish as a Christmas Gift?
3. The Earth has so many nice and beautiful landscapes, but to which place would you travel especially to enjoy your time, when you would be on vacation?
1. Such a good question won't lie. Favourite definitely has to be Sawk or Haxorus. Gen 5 has such cool mons but definitely those two are especially some of my favourites.
2. Can Santa give me a new processor for my gaming rig pls money is a bit low rn
3. I'd go South Africa or Nigeria. Those countries are linked to me and they're nice places to go.

What would win in a fight, a kangaroo or an orangutan?
err I think Kangaskhan beats Oranguru 1v1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)