Player of the Week 41: Vileman

GOAO

Banned deucer.

Favorite Pokemon:
Clamperl
Most used Pokemon: Mienfoo
Most known for: Mostly memes​

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a 19 year old Chilean memer, ive been playing competitive mons since like 2009, i played wifi for a long while until i found out about pokelab (<3) and then decided to join ps! when pokelab was really, really inactive. As for irl, i study engineering, i like doing any kind of sports and hanging out with friends 8)

How and when did you get your start in LC?
My first lc game was actually in dpp lc, in pokelab where i made my first epik lc team consisting in lead meowth munchlax clamperl(i think deepseatooth wasnt banned back then? not sure) rain dance mantyke scarf machop and x filler mon i dont remember. I didnt do really well with it and stayed away from lc,, until bw2 appeared, and with it lost cave 2. I had just built a team and laddered a bit with it, which happened to be slam clam. I did surprisingly well, considering it was a really solid lineup (iss who was later replaced by dcae, hawkstar who was later replaced by apt-get, charmander and last al_alchemist). I reached to al_alchemist like 3 times and he haxed me 2 out of 3 times lol, and sadly wobbyble ended up winning it on a week i was gone and couldn't play, but nonetheless, that really got me into lc, and also some cool guys of the community like charmander and dcae kept me playing :) Then i just met more people of the community and stayed forever cause its cute af.

What is your favorite aspect of LC?
Well, personally i enjoy the fact that its a metagame with a certain degree of centralization, so its not that common that you build a solid team that its demolished by x random thread who you happened to forget, and i also like how even if the viable mons arent that many, theres still a lot of room to be original and try different stuff to surprise your opponent.

Is there any mon, playstyle, etc that you feel is underrated in LC?
Hippopotas deserves waay more love, it eats physical attacks like it was nothing, and has reliable recovery, phazes with roar, and can get rocks up. Other than that probably spritzee as ive seen it being used less and less while its a really good fighting mons answer, and a late game cleaner with cm wishtect.

Anything you find overrated?
Not really, i share many common ideas of whats good and whats not with the community tbh.

What is your opinion on the Diglett suspect test?
Digglet should have gone the tier in my opinion, it restricts waay to many mons in playing too carefully, and its not really that hard to get at least 1 free kill per game with the right support.

What players do you look up to / are good friends with?
(makeup) aka charmander was really nice to me when i was getting into lc, along with dcae and back then i really looked up to them, and i still kinda do but now they are both kinda dead @_@ another guy i'd really REALLY like to see come back is@Al_Alchemist cause he was a monster in lc but not that many people actually know of him (unless they followed the spl he went like 7-2 or smth).
As for the players that are still alive, mad0ka blarajan Star. are really good and (iirc) all did very well this lcpl, a rising player who i think has a lot of potential and also happens to be my friend is Alice Kazumi , hes doing extremely well in this powc and ive seen her do well in other lc tournaments!
As for my friends, ive got too many of them to list them but they know who they are!

What's your favorite playstyle and why?
I'll have to say balance: i like having a solid answer for most mons and thats something HO doesnt gives, and also i like having a good level of overall bulk on teams just so i can safely switch into stuff.

What is your opnion in BW LC? Why do you think people hate it and why do you like it?
The problem with BWLC is that its a mess right now lol, theres a lot of broken strats and mons (scraggy sand missy come to mind, at least to me) and people just dont enjoy that, ive just learned to "handle them" but the meta is a little bit too centralized =/ i like it cause ive played it for a lot of time and ive got the general idea of how to play it even though sometimes i can be a buster :toast:

Do you think BW Krow is Broken? Why?
Its absurd lol, theres a reason it was banned: it has plenty of sets which are all a pain to deal with parafusion, subroost, calm mind (although people ignored it, it was solid imo), and, the set that was the most absurd was LO 4 attacks which 2hkoed everything in the tier, and that coupled with his 19 speed and access to priority, made him an absolute monter.

Is there any advice that you'd like to pass on to new LCers?
To get the general idea of how to play this tier i suggest you to start off using some sample teams, just to get to know what mons are the most relevants/what to prepare for when building. Once youve played a good amount of games, dont be afraid to build something yourself and use mons/sets that other people might not use, theres plenty of strategies left to find! Also, dont be afraid to ask for help in the lc room, everyone in the lc community is very friendly and nice.

Lastly, do you have a team you'd like to share with us?
Well, to be honest i lost most of my teams recently, including *the* stuff i had built in oras :pirate: BUT you can find my BW2 teams in the multigen sample teams thread :toast:

Last edited:

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
How do you feel about the banning of DeepSeaTooth and the niche of DeepSeaScale on Clamperl in DPP?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
What playstyle do you feel like isn't particularly good at the moment? Are there any mons you think could come back into/fall out of favor as the metagame shifts?

Favorite battle you've ever had?

For BW LC, what would you personally say would balance it, or at least start towards balancing it?

rate engineering out of 10?

Snivys will win lcpl yn?

grats on potw!

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
love vileman (inlove)

any cool strats you plan to bring out this lcpl? whats your favorite twitch emote?

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
"how do you feel losing vs the french powc god goao ?"

- majaspic22
NotLikeThis

How do you feel about the banning of DeepSeaTooth and the niche of DeepSeaScale on Clamperl in DPP?
Implying i know dpp, lolazo
Clamperl without tooth is bad =/ scale i guess makes it kinda fat but not worth imo

What playstyle do you feel like isn't particularly good at the moment? Are there any mons you think could come back into/fall out of favor as the metagame shifts?

Favorite battle you've ever had?

For BW LC, what would you personally say would balance it, or at least start towards balancing it?

rate engineering out of 10?

Snivys will win lcpl yn?

grats on potw!
Erm i havent really followed the oras lc scene but, i see ppl using more and more offense so theres that. And idk, maybe the floon hype will die when people start learning how to deal with it and build properly considering that thread in mind.

Oof ive had too many battles to have an absolute favorite haha, but this one is pretty funny: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5lc-79567 (for me, not for my opp lolz)

Well i'd start bye saying good bye to scraggy ._. i also personally think missy is kinda broke too but anywyas, bw has too many stuff that centralize it but people like TCR still manage to innovate so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10/10,, best career ever

y

thx :toast:
love vileman (inlove)

any cool strats you plan to bring out this lcpl? whats your favorite twitch emote?
love tcr :3
idk my motivation hasnt been that great,, but ur innovations are kinda making me rethink about what to use in bw lc heh
top tier no doubts
p2

LOVE VILEMAN
jac <3__<3
Roberto,, no seas asi,, tu me amas x)!!!

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Best user on smogon dot com xD

What community did you start in when you first played pocket monsters competitively?

Do you think I was cuttier back then when we first met :(?

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
whats your oppinion on user: eg posho
He's ok
Best user on smogon dot com xD

What community did you start in when you first played pocket monsters competitively?

Do you think I was cuttier back then when we first met :(?
Pokelab, it was the default simulator back then and i met ppl like imanalt phoopes mizuhime steamroll etc (altho i barely speak with then anymore :( )
You were not cuter just dumber and worst at this game xD!
no

no es amor

lo que tú sientes

se llama obsesión
Solo por ti, sken :$
Chi chi chi! Le le le! ¡VIVA CHILE!
Vileman<3
<3 ____ <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)