Player of the Week 37: GOAO

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Approved by GOAO

Favourite Pokemon: Meowth
Most used Pokemon: Croagunk
Most known for: nobody knows me thats the joke LMAO. jk, i guess sounding like a girl
Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a 14 year old Brazilian boy who likes to play pokemon and hearthstone. Outside of the internet, I like to listen to music, play soccer and hang out with friends.

How and when did you start in LC?
Back in the day, we had a Brazilian server called pokeevo. ggggd started joining there and he challenged me to an LC game. I didn't have a team, so I asked him for one. He gave me a Brazilian Webs team and we started playing. He crushed me, of course. Then I tried to start laddering and building, so, I met my boy Max Carvalho who helped me with my first team.

What is your favorite aspect of LC?
Every playstyle has a shot. I can use semistall or hyper offense in the same tour. That's why I think LC is the best metagame.

Is there anything that you feel is underrated in LC?
Doduo is pretty good and has nice coverage.

Is there anything you think is overrated?
Ferroseed. It has 0 offensive presence and loses a ton of momentum. Even though it has pretty nice bulk, it just seems pretty useless.

If you could change anything about the current metagame, what would you change?
I feel like the metagame is fine right now, but I would like to re-test Misdreavus to see if it's really as broken as people say it is.

What players do you look up to / are good friends with?
Levi is the best in my heart. This man drafted me in my first SPLC and taught me everything. I'd love to make a team with him again. Heysup is my idol. I think star, zf, and op are really good players, too. As for friends, I have a lot of them in the LC and Brazilian communities, so I'd like to just say I LOVE LEGO FAN CLUB N_N, which is why I spend a lot of time teaching you guys how to play pokemon and chatting with y'all. I have my friends outside of LC, though, and they rock (vod, qsns and pearl, you are the best) also I'd like to give a shoutout to my day 1 friend, Brazilian boy tatsuma... you're the best friend I could wish for.

What is your favorite playstyle and why?
Bulky offense. Its just so good. I also like using Voltturn because there are pokemon like Magnemite/Larvesta who, at the same time, have defensive and offensive presence.

Are Sticky Web teams any good in the current meta? Why/why not?
They're ok, but not as good as they were 8 months ago. I guess people just started taking it into account when building. Also, a well played Drifloon can fuck most SW teams easily. I'd really like to see someone using Sticky Web in SPL/LCPL (in April) and see if it still works, though today we can see a lot of webs; Heysup used Sewaddle, in the LCPL semifinals OP used some shit with Magnemite and they both won (pirate).

Is there any advice that you'd like to pass on to even newer LCers?
Play! If you have time to, you should play as much you can, so the LC community can notice you. Also, don't be ashamed of asking questions; we all did it (minus heysup, he's been a god since he was born).

Lastly, do you have a picture of your pet dog that you would like to share with us?

Last edited:
About SPL how do you think LC is going so far, who's playing better and who do you think has level to play but was not bought. Also do you think Spl4sh'll become the new ggggd?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
was fun building webs with you for tangma grats you 11 y/o

how does it feel to get so many likes for hosting POTW?

why no sample team?

What playstyle do you think is the worst at the moment?

When you build how do you start if you're not building webs?

Shafofficiel

allez tout le monde en balèze (baleze baleze)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Well, p nice :]

So firstly, i wanted to know:

Are you the GOAO i beat playin a pawniard which was dabbin on ur all team in LC ?
Are you rickygao ?
What do you think of oras lc regarding to bw lc ?

GOAO

Banned deucer.
About SPL how do you think LC is going so far, who's playing better and who do you think has level to play but was not bought. Also do you think Spl4sh'll become the new ggggd?
LC is doing good, I guess we have real chances to keep in on next SPL. Heysup is playing like a fucking beast, but I like star, op and zf teams too. Levi is better than at least half of the lcers that are in :O, and no.

why the hell is there a pig
i like pigs

Most known for: Avoiding COPPA ban yn

What's your dog's name?
y.
i call him faisca, its the portuguse word for spark oo

was fun building webs with you for tangma grats you 11 y/o

how does it feel to get so many likes for hosting POTW?

why no sample team?

What playstyle do you think is the worst at the moment?

When you build how do you start if you're not building webs?
thx man i did liked it too
well its not just for the likes. i always liked reading potws and when sparky stopped posting them i had the idea to come back w it but it also give me a lot of likes :P
idk, levi asked for my dog. i wouldnt post a team though
i just cant like dweeb offense rn, seems worse than a lot of things.
i usually start w a core (win con) and say to myself "ok, i alrdy know how to win, now i have to use my other 3~4 slots to dont lose until the point i can win" and i do it oo

M
E
X
I
C
A
N

Why is that dog so qt?
MORROCAN
idk bro, i dont think hes cuter than you though.

tagpro or ps ?
tpro, even though i suck at it lol!

Well, p nice :]

So firstly, i wanted to know:

Are you the GOAO i beat playin a pawniard which was dabbin on ur all team in LC ?
Are you rickygao ?
What do you think of oras lc regarding to bw lc ?
SIGH yes you did beat me with a crit (fun-fact i was bj mag and koff was a roll)
no, hes the copy. we played a bo3 to decide it.
i didnt played bw lc but from what i see, oras is way better and funnier :P

GOAO

Banned deucer.
GOAO, just because you finally got your own Player of the Week interview doesn't mean mean you can just stop doing them.
I know, little quoteCeeEss. just tell me who to potw because im legit out of ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)