Project Player Interview: Ramolost

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
1624235304811.png

ramolost is a UU player who needs no introduction but let me highlight some of his accomplishments anyways. Since joining Smogon less than two years ago in September 2019, Ramolost has been an energetic member of the UU community where he until recently contributed as a council member. His tournament success most recently includes winning UUFPL 2021 and UU Blitz tour 2020 while he also had strong performances in UUPL 2021, won Solonor24's/m00la's team tournament in 2020, won an unofficial French team tournament in 2020, qualified for UU Ladder Tour and UU Classic in 2020, and spectacularly trounced in a 6-0 of one of Smogon's best players, SoulWind, in Smogon Snake Draft in 2021. His accomplishments on the ladder have not gone unnoticed either, one of the few players to reach 90+GXE on the gen7uu ladder.

Apart from his elite UU playing credentials, he's a respected member and contributor to the UU community. He's managed multiple UU team tournaments including UUFPL 2021 and UU Snake Draft 2020 while he also hosted UU Blitz tour 2020. He regularly posts his thoughts on the metagame in the UU Subforum's more visible threads like the NP thread and on discord while also contributing to the smaller projects that inject energy in the UU community like research week and the teambuilding lab.

Interview with Ramolost
  • Question 1: I'd like to first give you an opportunity to tell us anything about yourself you'd like anyone reading this to know. It could be about your personal life, other Pokemon or online communities you're part of, or any interesting things about you. What, if anything, would you like readers to know about you?
    • 1624235150988.png
      : i’m handsome. Thats all u have to know

• Question 2: Congratulations on winning UUFPL most recently. I'd like for this interview to focus on newer UU players and how the community can be more inclusive. Can you tell us what your thought process was for drafting UUFPL players? And if you'd have any advice for newer players who want to participate in these draft tournaments?
    • 1624235155506.png
      : tyty. It was mainly viv who drafted for uufpl. The whole idea of the team was to draft viv and u so we could just have fun and since im a try harder we drafted the best players to fill the slots: 3 letters username, gdriver, 2 letters username (wtf???) and wcop winner (wtf????????) etc. I drafted panther myself tho! Because I like him and he wins against me on ladder. Idk draft was pretty casual given that uufpl is a fun tour. The tour being inclusive was a cool thing. We saw unknown players like ewin shine. On the other hand, while we have decent casual players in the most recent gens because the playerbase is bigger, its not the case for old gens. This led to players getting drafted because they were overall decent / good even tho they didn’t know anything abt the tier (e.g. ara staxi yami am and others!!) which led to some disappointing games and old gens not being very interesting to follow as a whole. I like the whole rule about uupl tho.
      About new players uh idk team tours are elitist fwi

• Question 3: Despite being a relatively new member in the UU community, you're already highly respected as a top player. Why have you contributed, or at the very least participated, in the UU community? In other words, what's kept you going? Do you think it's worth your time looking back?
    • 1624235159161.png
      : I wouldn’t say I contributed. I never wrote any analysis, hosted a project or w.e. I barely tutored, shared some teams for sample and wrote few lines on the thread when a mon was broken. However what kept me going and why I started in the first place is boredom and friends who were around;

• Question 4: You've made a lot of friends in the UU community. One member has even renamed himself Ramolost with a capital R. Why do you think your personality is so likeable for many UU players? I think it's fair to say you don't take yourself seriously which people respect. How do you think that has affected your UU experience, instead of being a "tryhard" so to speak?
    • 1624235162199.png
      : y ive heard of it this guy is kinda weird???he dms me some weird stuff sometime. Idk if im so likeable tho and you seem biased, and I have no idea on how to answer this question. Idt it affected my uu experience. While im not a tryhard I still tryharded for some tours (snake uupl) so my approach of the game depends on how I felt and the time I had, not really on my personality No it wasn’t worth my time, im wasting my life by playing mons on a website i wish I never touched this game im only 18 at 18 you are supposed to go out and get your first kiss all I do is stayng in my room insulting mygrein when he plays

• Question 5: Looking forward, there's hardly any shortage of opportunities for established players like yourself to participate in the UU community. If you wanted to, you'd be drafted for UU World Cup for sure. The opportunities for visibility for newer and lesser skilled players though aren't as numerous - hard as it is to swallow, managers simply don't regularly look at public and accessible activities like "victim of the week threads" or even the gen8uu ladder scores. First, do you think it's an issue that newer players cannot immediately break in or do you think there's value in keeping a largely steady stream of old faces?
    • 1624235165297.png
      : I think it’s a good thing that new players cant immediately break in. having a good and solid playerbase for tours is important. The better the players r the better the games r. having some match up like adaam vs rob However tours like uufpl are great to include those casual players in the competitive scene.

• Question 6: On the topic of looking forward, do you have any goals for yourself in the future you'd like to share? In competitive Pokemon or otherwise? If not, what do you like most about participating in the UU community?
    • 1624235168184.png
      : i have no goals at all. Id like to have a dog when I’ll be older if I get older tho. I’ll give him a fancy name.

• Question 7: As one of UU's older members at this point, I've witnessed many changes over the years. One important change is the constant come and go of players and contributors. Players who once formed the core of the competitive and contributing scene in UU like kokoloko, Euphonos, Hogg are no longer present while newer members such as yourself become participants of the day. Do you think it's important for the contributors and players of today to sustain a lasting community, even after they likely leave? Or do you think it's better to treat Pokemon simply for fun and get the most out of it when you're a current player?
    • 1624235171093.png
      : who cares pokemon is a fun game. I think ppl contributing to make this game better is a cool thing tho. But ive seen people according too much credit to this game and give too much energy. Its not worth it.

• Question 8: Thanks again for taking the time to do this interview. Are there any closing thoughts you'd like to leave with readers?
    • 1624235173986.png
      : moooooooooooooooooooo

BONUS Interview:
  • Who's the most overrated UU player? Most overrated UU community member?
    • 1624235176752.png
      : this question is kinda mean tbh. ksteve
  • Why are navii and moutemoute bad players?
    • 1624235179584.png
      : navi is a mu fisher and i hate mu fisher. he also thinks hes top shit but w;e. another mean question tho. while i said in my young age that moute was terrible, i think hes pretty decent actually
  • Can you explain what led to the "ramoment":
    1624235259345.png
    • 1624235183000.png
      : i had a 3 hours night
  • Who's your favorite shitposter?
    • 1624235185464.png
      : adaam is the only answer
  • Why do you shitpost/cringe post?:
    1624232732565.png
    (I had worse pictures that were rightfully censored)
    • 1624235188480.png
      : i dont know i always spammed cursed shit randomly.
  • Why is this so iconic ramolost:
    1624235239055.png
    • 1624235191542.png
      : idk but i love smirk cat. however when i talk to girls i use it a lot and thats why im still a virgin
  • If you could uncancel a cancelled UU player, why would yeezyknows still be banned from Smogon?
    • 1624235194757.png
      : Id uncancel viv (cancelled for being a simp)
  • Would you rather eat your own meals for your life or be ghosted by hs using Lilburr teams for all your tournaments:
    1624235216842.png
    • 1624235198142.png
      : im terrible at cooking and while hs is bad hes cool. my pastas are great tho. and the only meal i posted was actually good even tho it looked like garbage so shut up adaam

Thank you Ramolost for this interview. Please let ramolost know if you have any further questions.

Last edited:

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ramolost what do you do
thinking about you. you?

What are your top 3 dog names?

What are your top 3 cat names?

What are your top 3 racoon names?

What pet animal would best be named Ramolost?

Will you be challenging TDK with your UUFPL team for the UU(F)PL World Series Match?
robert adaam and leon are cool dog names. one of my friend have a dog called leon and hes cute yet dumb and stinky.

my 3 cats are called niska melodie and moka but i think melodia is fucking awful and moka is mid tier.

mr coon is the only racoon name

my future son

i nuked the battlegirls discord few days ago so i think tdk will be saved from this beatdown???

hs

Banned deucer.
1 - What is your favorite toothpaste color, and if you could create a new one, what would it be?
2 - Who’s the shittiest player beside me and ip who you’ve ever played
3 - Top 3 unforgettable moments in pocket monsters showdown
4 - If you had to pick between being stuck in an endless cycle where you lose to TDK in 3 1000-turn matches of SM UU every day, while the same is gonna be using stall (you have no ways to break the team at all and forfeiting/cteaming is an unavailable option) for the rest of your life or being deaf and unable to taste any food forever, what would you choose?
5 - Who are the players you look up the most to in the tournament scene
6 - What is/are the tournament game(s) you consider to have played the best?
7 - Who do you think are some up and coming players in the tournament scene
8 - Fuck, Marry or Kill: Adaam, Pif, Chuerk
9 - Favorite color

And last but not least, do you have any team you’re willing to share with our community?

Last edited:

ramolost

parfum quartier
1 - What is your favorite toothpaste color, and if you could create a new one, what would it be?
2 - Who’s the shittiest player beside me and ip who you’ve ever played
3 - Top 3 unforgettable moments in pocket monsters showdown
4 - If you had to pick between being stuck in an endless cycle where you lose to TDK in 3 1000-turn matches of SM UU every day, while the same is gonna be using stall (you have no ways to break the team at all and forfeiting/cteaming is an unavailable option) for the rest of your life or being deaf and unable to taste any food forever, what would you choose?
4 - Who are the players you look up the most to in the tournament scene
5 - What is/are the tournament game(s) you consider to have played the best?
6 - Who do you think are some up and coming players in the tournament scene
7 - Fuck, Marry or Kill: Adaam, Pif, Chuerk
8 - Favorite color

And last but not least, do you have any team you’re willing to share with our community?
hello hydreigon specs
1. red and white. id make one forest green
2.ive played a lot of shitty players. although i wont drop a name. you guys are very mean and i already flamed several users in this itw
3. my memory is very bad. although i remember adaam winning some tour against cora and pearl which was 2 years ago???when i wasnt even on smogon. they played all the games in a row and adaam just won 4 games in a row. very impressive now he cant play the game and do reviews of video games on youtube. other 2 would be aerial ace leaving the buzzer at 1% and moute getting qcqded. very epic tour moments
4. id kill myself
4. lol you are so dumb you cant even use numbers??
5.when i 6-0ed sw??idk
6. i have absolutely no idea
7.kill chuerk marry adaam fuck pif
8. i dont know light pink??pine green???i have no idea

im in vacations.i dont have my computer and im on my dad computer.although i had some issues with my computer few months ago and i had to use this one so i'll share what i have on this one
https://pokepast.es/45ae02b4f6799ea6 very cool volturn. used it in tour i like it.
https://pokepast.es/024787033196faeb this was simpler times
https://pokepast.es/6419d3c93e9e428a this is the only team u can still use. never used it tho

If you had to host your own tour, what twist would you add to it
well ima be disapointing but without any surprise i'll make it blitz

Last edited:

ramolost

parfum quartier
What do you think of basaninho and why do you think he's bad?
my opinion on basaninho is very public. i like him because hes my good friend. however, hes terrible at pocket monsters. some might call him monotype god or uu hero id just call him horseshit. hes still my good friend because i need a black friend for diversity matters and i cant waste him. however im glad he stopped mons and that he found a new job in car location
IMG_20210623_165737_593.jpg

ramolost

parfum quartier
Holy fuck one of my closest friend on this site is a commie please McCarthy I didn’t know please don’t arrest me and lock me up please, I fought in Vietnam I better dead than red
friend with ramo : commie and pif : chinese so commie you are going to jail we are confiscating all your belongings which include the 20 cory in the house game sorry adaam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)