Project Player Interview #4: lighthouses

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader

Art by Kalalokki

lighthouses
Favorite Pokemon: Latias

Most used Pokemon: Diancie

Most known for: Playing in a number of official tours such as WCOP, SPL, Snake draft, and having great performances in the tier since ORAS

My next mission would send me to Brazil, so I forced myself to take a 4 AM third class plane cause that's all my budget could afford.

Days after my arrival, I decide to go to a local bar to have some fun and relax. In there I stumbled across a guy that had clearly had more than enough drinks for the night. He seemed frustrated as he was trying to draw what looked like a Vileplume completely drunk.

A bartender tried to stop him from drinking more but he yelled "Stop haunting me!", stood up and left running screaming "Durant is S rank!!" while pushing everyone.

No doubt about it, this guy was the perfect next target, so I decided to follow him...

Hey Diogo, how have you been man?

Hallo, im alright

Nice to hear
We've been friends for years now and that got me wondering about where you come from and all of that, would you mind telling me your background and who exactly is Diogo?

Uhh i'm 23 years old and obviously from brazil. Currently working and looking to get some sort of art degree but couldnt quite figure out which route im going to take yet. Im a competitive games junkie, i need to be playing something competitive at all times, be it pokemon, cs or some sort of fighting game. I really enjoy going out with friends for drinks and whatnot, moreso than staying at home if im being quite fair, but i do love having my time for videogames.

What type of art do you like? Any favorite artist you have?

Also which fighting games do you play the most? Personally I'm a big Smash and SF fan myself

I personally do more black work with inks and whatnot tho i have been experimenting with markers recently and been having a good time. My favorite artist is loish (https://www.instagram.com/loisvb/?hl=pt-br), her art style is pretty much what i envision how i want my art to look like. I never really got into smash because i dont really own any consoles and wouldnt entertain the idea of buying one just for it, also you need insane levels of practice to be good at melee so yea; i have dabbled in third strike in the past but sf doesnt really appeal to me because of the slower pace. I have poured a lot of hours into skullgirls, UNIEL, melty blood and guilty gear. Not playing anything atm, tho im definitely looking to comeback if i find friends to play with.

That's nice, how long have you been practicing art for?

I started trying to seriously improve a year ago or so, but i have been drawing my whole life basically

What do you plan on doing in the future in regards to art?

Currently im working for a university here in rio taking calls and whatnot, if that works out ill be able to choose any course the uni offers to take for free, so ill have a couple options. Long term i would like to major in animation though, its always been my biggest passion, but realistically i need to have a degree that can actually help me provide for myself until then so ill prob get graphic design or something of the sort. Thought about architecture too but its way too long

Do you have any favorite animators that you look up to?

Kenichi Fujisawa, hes the animation director for mob psycho 100
dudes a god

Yea I've seen some scenes of that, never the full thing but it looks hella smooth
How was your childhood Diogo? What things did you like doing as a kid that got you to where you currently are?

It is!!! You should watch it its awesome

Well i drew a lot as a kid so theres that. I have also always been a very competitive person ever since i was a kid so that never really wore off. Always been very active too which is kinda weird considering thats the opposite of how my brother was when he was a lil kid. Our childhood videos are basically me being satan and him being completely still

Is your brother younger or older?

He's 5 years older

Do you get along with him?

No we have mad beef actually LMAO boring ass idiot. But its all good really
Weve kinda been at a cease fire since forever

lmao bet, never had a brother so Idk how that'd be but I can imagine it'd be like that
And how did you end up playing pokemon? Competitive pokemon more specifically?

My brother downloaded PO and was playing with his girlfriend at the time, i found the brazilian server and started getting into it
I remember the smogdex looked different and it listed the mons for each tier according to stats
So id just snatch the ones with the biggest stats
Like the biggest phys def in the tier, then the biggest spdef, speed, attack, etc
LOL
It actually worked heat in bw ru
Id end up with like tangrowth slowking moltres

And how did you end up touching RU on smogon?

I was told about grand slam and thought it was awesome, so i made a smogon account to play the ru open. Ended up getting to round 5 and losing to chimpact LOL

And what made you stick to RU?

Ive always favored ru over other tiers for some reason, since its what i played when i first started cos i hated bw ou at the time(still do). When i made the transition to showdown we were in early-mid xy and i remember really being into the meta back then, also the ru room and overall community were more fun to me at the time

You have shown signs of distate for RU constatnly, do you still consider yourself an RU main or would you wish to play other tiers in official tours?

Id love to get an actual shot at starting in oras ou at an oficial tournament but i dont think thats ever happening realistically. I really dig sm lower tiers though bar NU, so id be down to play any of them if i was given the opportunity. In particular i have been enjoying LC a lot. I do like the current state of ru though, i just get mad at tiering decisions and bitch a lot lmao

What would you have done differently regarding the latest ru tiering decisions?

I would have banned zygarde and unbanned talonflame. Im still not convinced by the whole linoone thing but im ok with it being banned

Thoughts on vileplume?

i think vilplume is cute
n_n
10/10 good boy would get banned for again

ROFL
what do you think of the current RU playerbase? Any players that catch your eye? Both veterans and newcomers ofc

Well it depends on what we view as a playerbase honestly
Cos if were gonna talk about tour active ru mains and whatnot there really arent that many
And it may be me alienating myself from the community but i dont really see any new faces?
Like if you ask me about 'ru tour players' id probably just think of the same 5 or 6 or so names
So yea for some reason or another i think rus playerbase is kinda shallow right now, though admittedly it is very top heavy, with the best ru players being really really good overall players

I see, I understand where you are coming from
With that said, who are your top 10 players that you think will end up getting drafted in snake?

Ajna, evi, you, me maybe??, fagtron if he signs up, banks and roman probably have realistic chances. Other than that there will probably only be tour players being given teams with the occasional old vet coming back like mop and silentverse and the like. I think windsong doesnt want to play but he definitely gets picked up in that case

Thoughts on the current RU metagame?

I dont really like it, honestly. I feel like theres little variety and every good team sort of looks the same. Like, at least in my experience, whenever i build without either donphan or golisopod or diancie my teams just dont turn out good enough i feel. Idk, could be just me but im not really that into it rn

Could you drop a team that best represents you and your style? And explain your thought process behind it

Ive always really liked more balanced teams with some fighting type wallbreaker ever since xy honestly. I feel like this team represents this well, covering most bases and being threatening even without a dedicated win condition. I also really like bewear and need to have an usable team with it for every ru meta lul. Rocky helmet noivern(affectionately named tornt) is a pretty good blanket check to fighting types in the tier while still being able to beat golisopod and araquanid effectively, it serves as a good bewear partner u-turning out of registeels and the like while checking the aforementioned things. Cb meta is a good wallbreaking partner for bewear with both of them on the same team being very difficult to handle on an alongated game, being able to pursuit gardevoir and cress potentially is also valuable to me, enough so that i drop thunder punch. The rest would be just to cover stuff, diancie is a good noivern answer as well as a fire resist, donphan and shaymin pair well for obvious reasons with me needing spin for noivern and a bulky water answer; Shaymin also appreciates metagross pursuit trapping and lures in stuff that gives bewear a free hit.

A Diogo classic
Do you have any favorite tournament replays you wish to share?

Either my game vs you or silent verse on that spl(2018 i think) feel like i played to my fullest potential in those and the games were hella fun

Ya for sure, fun af game
What's the origin behind the name "lighthouses"?

Its a reference to To the Moon, a game i really like

Are there any last words you wish to share with the fans?

No i dont have any

Damn Diogo so mysterious

No i meant i dont have any fans LOL

LMAOO
Drop some words for my fans then

Idk how to tell u this but

Alright I think the interview is over
Thanks.

=========================================================================================

Feel free to ask lighthouses any questions you want!

If you have any reccomendations I'll be more than happy to read them, just PM me!

Next time on FeliInterviews...

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
coffee or tea?

I've known you for a while too and despite the fact that I see a lot of myself in how we both can get hella down fast, I don't think it felt as bad as it almost got during the Zydog thing lmao. Do you still feel the way you did then though? And if so, why? You seem to think it was a mistake so just curious, not trying to brag about being on the "right" side of that debate (ok bragging a little bit but I'm nice I swear)

Any art recommendation I promise to follow through in the coming year I swear?

Why do you like oras ou? Do you hate sm nu because it banned Vileplume?

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
If Diogo has million numbers of fan i am one of them . if Diogo has ten fans i am one of them. if Diogo have only one fan and that is me . if Diogo has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth . if world is against Diogo, i am against the world.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
What cute nu/pu mons are you into now brother sir?
Jumpluff is awesome, ill def bring it to something. hariyama and exploud i think are pretty cool too.

coffee or tea?

I've known you for a while too and despite the fact that I see a lot of myself in how we both can get hella down fast, I don't think it felt as bad as it almost got during the Zydog thing lmao. Do you still feel the way you did then though? And if so, why? You seem to think it was a mistake so just curious, not trying to brag about being on the "right" side of that debate (ok bragging a little bit but I'm nice I swear)

Any art recommendation I promise to follow through in the coming year I swear?

Why do you like oras ou? Do you hate sm nu because it banned Vileplume?
I can't go to sleep without my daily cup of tea

Well my opinion is basically the same i guess, zygarde doesnt really add anything to the tier and its departure would only bring positive change. At the time opinions of the tier were in an all time low and i was just trying to offer up solutions. I dont think it staying via a suspect test necessarily proves you were right, though :p

Im not sure what you meant by that but i can give you a bunch of cool artists to follow on instagram if you want!!!

If Diogo has million numbers of fan i am one of them . if Diogo has ten fans i am one of them. if Diogo have only one fan and that is me . if Diogo has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth . if world is against Diogo, i am against the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)